Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 143.
#4151 6 years ago

Didn't hear anything mentioned about the re-worked art, like Arnold's shoulder for instance.

#4152 6 years ago

The blood on the revised skull is the first thing I have seen that I don't really like. Perhaps the blood pattern from the "weathered" skull could be applied to the "fresh" skull? I personally think the "weathered" skull looks much more realistic, and overall much better.

#4153 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Too weathered and "old." Predator doesn't hunt for ripe trophies; he hunts for fresh trophies!

I feel like the grammar police (and seriously I'm not trying to be a smart ass or overly critical), but the more realistic skull is the one you are saying is "old" looking - bone isn't bleach-white unless you let it sit out in the sun forever or treat it. The freshest skull is the one that was scrapped (which sucks, because it would look GREAT on the lower playfield and not 'Grape jelly' like the one on there now), but I hope tou guys reconsider the art choice because the one listed By Habo above is what it would like like if the Pred just cleaned off all if the tissue on his 'new' trophy.

#4154 6 years ago

I'm struggling to like the blood on the skull also. Maybe if the blood didn't have the black outline
And was more splattered like the outlane. Think the white is ok and not yellowed otherwise the small skulls may look wrong.
Also think the skull is a bit too neat? The eyes and shape just seem a bit to rounded and symmetrical. Would prefer it to look a bit rougher.
Maybe its just the pics not doing it justice and it looks much better in person.
Not sure about the orange inserts between kickers either, Colour just seems to clash with the rest.

#4155 6 years ago

Ya gotta realize....no matter WHAT they do, somebody is not gonna be happy. They are trying to take in all the suggestions and then still make the game they want to make. Too many cooks...

#4156 6 years ago

<i> (a bunch of stuff) </i>

Kevin, thanks for taking the time to address these (and many other) concerns. Your willingness to take the time for individual responses is one of the reasons I jumped on board this project. This will be one epic machine. Keep doing what you're doing.

Phil

#4157 6 years ago

To be fair, the "movie" Predator, depicts an alien immediately cleaning and grinding down a freshly killed skull to a pearl white finish.

And Kevin, if you're implying the pops changing color in hunt mode, dammit man.

Thanks for all the updates. You guys rule.

#4159 6 years ago

Video please of you destroying game, come on we are due.

Give us a little sugar and we will all give more monies , well I will if I like what is see.

Pretty please

#4160 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Video please of you destroying game, come on we are due.
Give us a little sugar and we will all give more monies , well I will if I like what is see.
Pretty please

Video or it didn't happen?

#4161 6 years ago

I wish I had had the presence of mind to whip out the phone and tape Kevin playing this weekend... but I was just in awe at watching him (and the pin) go!

Now hurry up and go get that shoulder on Arnold fixed will ya... and lets change the skull back to red... and then white... and then red again

But seriously, I know the guys have been super open with us and put a lot of stuff out for public opinion here, but I seriously don't get the issue with all these little details. You guys can flame away, but I'm a designer and artist and I don't understand some of these comments. The game looks great, better than many in fact. I can promise that, at no point during playing this pin did I stop and say "Hey, something's not right with this playfield art".
Last thing on my mind to be honest. Maybe it's just me. I guess the game just rocked so hard that I didn't have time to look

#4162 6 years ago

They like hearing our feedback, critical or otherwise. So we are going to share it. The difference is with other games, we can't be a part of the design, but in this instance we can (at least a little bit).

#4163 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

They like hearing our feedback, critical or otherwise. So we are going to share it. The difference is with other games, we can't be a part of the design, but in this instance we can (at least a little bit).

Yeah, I totally get that. But, I also think that there is such a thing as being overly critical. I'm sure the guys do appreciate it. I just feel like some may be missing the forest for the trees.
I can think of a dozen things that would concern me before the "correctness" of the playfield art.

Missing an important character? Sure, that's a big deal!
The incorrect perspective of a gun barrel or shoulder? Not so much.
I've avoided making any real judgements and letting the guys surprise me... but if I was piping up, I'd be picking my battles and want the guys to focus on bigger things. Just sayin'

#4164 6 years ago

Well to be fair a lot of people didn't like the red skull and then Kevin or someone posted the yellowed skull with more realistic blood and most loved it. Then the next time we see the artwork it was changed to the white strawberry jelly skull. So now everyone that was happy with the second skull it was a bit shocking to see a different skull than the one that was supposedly fixed.

I also agree that shoulder absolutely needs fixed and it seems like the questions about it are going unanswered. I'm also really still on the fence about the clashing cab/back glass art vs the playfield art and I absolutely disagree about 90s art not matching between playfield and cabinet.

I guess I'll see what happens after production and if I don't like it ill just back out.

#4165 6 years ago

Probably because everything has been in place for months and the only significant non financial updates we've seen in the past months is the art!

That being said, I just want a video to fill in the missing dmd and callout pieces that were absent in the November update. Can't wait!

#4166 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm also really still on the fence about the clashing cab/back glass art vs the playfield art and I absolutely disagree about 90s art not matching between playfield and cabinet.
I guess I'll see what happens after production and if I don't like it ill just back out.

Playfield art has traditionally been screen printed and the art was a little more simplified as a result (fewer screens meant less cost).
Translites are printed with inkjet or similar processes. This allowed a lot more tonality, fading etc...

Much older games may have had screen printing on both playfield and glass, while modern pins seem to have more digital printing on playfields and translites, but I think the 90's did have a lot of "mis-matching" art styles. I'd say it was a fair comment.

My guess is that if the guys were shooting for more realistic playfield art, they'd get slammed for doing what Stern does with photographic or photoshopped art; instead of hand drawn.

#4167 6 years ago

I have to be honest here... After seeing a lot of the stuff, pictures and what not posted, I'm not really excited for the game now. I hope I'm proven wrong and maybe it's because we see every little change good or bad or maybe I'm just worried about 5 grand going out the window... I'm not sure what it is but right now the thrill is gone.

I know the Skit-B team is working their ass off to deliver and I apologize if this post sounds negative its just how I'm feeling about it lately.

#4168 6 years ago

You could likely drop your spot now and get your deposit back without issue if you decide to bail. I was under the impression there is still a long waiting list so somebody else would probably very excited to get on board.

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You could likely drop your spot now and get your deposit back without issue if you decide to bail. I was under the impression there is still a long waiting list so somebody else would probably very excited to get on board.

I know I can drop my spot but there is now way I'm gonna drop my spot till I see the final product. Those were just concerns I have and not meant as I'm giving up. Some might be able to keep their excitement level high but that's apparently not me.

#4170 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I know the Skit-B team is working their ass off to deliver and I apologize if this post sounds negative its just how I'm feeling about it lately.

I have to be honest here.... I'm trying not to read your posts in this thread because you have me questioning whether I like what I've seen now. I think at this point its probably best to just sit back and wait and see what the game ends up, because not much is likely to change this late in the game. You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions of course, but damn, you've brought my excitement for the game down a notch or two the last couple days.

I really, really need to see some recent video to talk me back off the ledge!!! UGH.

#4171 6 years ago

"I'm not really excited for the game now."

What?? Are you crazy? I'm more stoked now than ever!!! #141 PAID IN FULL

This machine will be a HUGE success and be harder to acquire than Tron LE, mark my words.

--

It just needs the mega chest/shoulder thingy fixed and the jam skull reworked

#4172 6 years ago

Like so:

skull.jpg

#4173 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

What?? Are you crazy? I'm more stoked now than ever!!!

I'm in that boat!

#4174 6 years ago

Just gimme some of this....

predh.jpeg

#4175 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it would be nice to see his beautiful mug somewhere. Maybe on the apron?

#4176 6 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I have to be honest here.... I'm trying not to read your posts in this thread because you have me questioning whether I like what I've seen now. I think at this point its probably best to just sit back and wait and see what the game ends up, because not much is likely to change this late in the game. You are entitled to your thoughts and opinions of course, but damn, you've brought my excitement for the game down a notch or two the last couple days.
I really, really need to see some recent video to talk me back off the ledge!!! UGH.

The last couple days, I just posted that. I'm sorry if I'm killing it for you, not my intention. I'll just sit back with a wait and see approach.

Oh and I'm nowhere near a ledge and if you are that's just crazy talk lol

#4177 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

That is a cool pic.

#4178 6 years ago

Let me say that my excitement level has shot way up after playing Predator this last weekend

#4179 6 years ago

They have asked for opinions/criticisms and I think change for the good has resulted from the back and forth. I am as big a fan as anyone of this project and how Skit-B has gone about this so I am by no means hating or encouraging it. Rather pointing out some things that looked off to me as some others appear to be doing.

Some of us have not played it so the only critiques we can provide is regarding the aesthetics which are important especially with a theme like this. Its a testament to the Skit-B crew that they have been so open and asked for our take on the state of things. I am cheering for them without question as most of us on this thread are.

#4180 6 years ago

Great feedback so far. Skit-B cannot please everyone on every aspect... but they try to address our remarks.

Still wondering how we could facilitate import to old Europe. Common shipping could save a lot of $$. Some of us noticed that "Ministry of Pinball" was a reseller for Skit-B... but the machine appears (unsurprisingly) out of stock.

#4181 6 years ago

I think that seeing a game that's in prototype stage has worried some, but I think the game will be something else completely with the plastics, PF correctly painted/glossed and the lights installed. The prototype ramps are looking kind of bad so maybe that's why the panic. The good news is more than a few pinsiders have played it and given the rules and game play thumbs up....this is much more important than the PF art for the longevity and let's say street cred for this game. I'm really excited to see it what it looks like with the plastics and UV paint...etc (I'm guessing awesome).

#4182 6 years ago

The coloring choices have a lot to do with the UV, overall. I'm going to throw together a "midnight run" video pretty soon so you guys can see this beast at night. Again, tossing modesty to the wind, it is certainly something none of us have seen before in pinball, and the effect nails exactly what we were shooting for from day one.

Predator_by_bcapazo_1.jpg
*Can't wait to see this "midnight run" or play this pin at Pacific Pinball Expo 2013. OUSTANDING STUFF!

#4183 6 years ago

PaulCoff - PPE has been discontinued...

However, I am putting my Predator at PPM and I plan to do a launch party. Hope to see you there!

#4184 6 years ago

Damit! I enjoyed PPE.
Q:Maybe Skit-B Presents will show up at California Extreme (July 13-14 2013)?
Thanks for the info.

#4185 6 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Damit! I enjoyed PPE.
Q:Maybe Skit-B Presents will show up at California Extreme (July 13-14 2013)?
Thanks for the info.

If my game is available, it will be there. But I'm far enough down the list I'd say it's a pretty outside shot...

#4186 6 years ago

The huts on the pop caps...not so much

Hey don't dis the special forces man!

Post edited by shootar : chuck norris and delta force made me do it

#4187 6 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Post edited by shootar : chuck norris and delta force made me do it

Ha Ha!
I've always had a thing for Special Force. I'm a Dennis Nordman fan and it was his first game.
In fact, I picked one up this last weekend and had it at Allentown (in our hotel room).
From day one I thought the stacking canopy plastics were a brilliant idea and something that could really bring the Predator theme to life as well.

I also love the pop-bumper "huts", but having something like that dead centre in this playfield would probably spoil it. Now, victims dangling from their feet that rattle with every pop hit... now that would be badass!

#4188 6 years ago

PLEASE explain this; sounds very interesting!

Not that interesting, but I don't own a pin. Where I live, I only have room for one. After I was confimed on the list, I told my girlfriend of 4 years about it. Even after explaining that having my name down cost no money, I would be well back in the order, and basically there was no commitment, surprisingly she was still not pleased.

After a lenghty talk, we came down to the real reason of her troubles. Whenever the talk of marriage came up, my simple answer was "I don't have the money." Another surprise is that moving across the country with someone, and explaining that you are definitely going to marry them at some point, is not the same as being married to a woman.

Her airtight logic was that if I have $5 grand for a pin, how do I not have any money to buy a ring. Needless to say, I sympathized with that logic, but she also understands that as long as rent, utilities, and other affairs are in order, I am free to do what I wish with the money I earn. My logic is also astoundingly airtight, as I clearly come out the victor on both ends. Though not necessarily a compromise, we are now engaged, and we (I) are anxiously awaiting the machine entitled:

PREDATOR

#4190 6 years ago

Congrats on Predator err I mean your engagement Playboywillis!

#4191 6 years ago

Not that interesting, but I don't own a pin. Where I live, I only have room for one. After I was confimed on the list, I told my girlfriend of 4 years about it. Even after explaining that having my name down cost no money, I would be well back in the order, and basically there was no commitment, surprisingly she was still not pleased.
After a lenghty talk, we came down to the real reason of her troubles. Whenever the talk of marriage came up, my simple answer was "I don't have the money." Another surprise is that moving across the country with someone, and explaining that you are definitely going to marry them at some point, is not the same as being married to a woman.
Her airtight logic was that if I have $5 grand for a pin, how do I not have any money to buy a ring. Needless to say, I sympathized with that logic, but she also understands that as long as rent, utilities, and other affairs are in order, I am free to do what I wish with the money I earn. My logic is also astoundingly airtight, as I clearly come out the victor on both ends. Though not necessarily a compromise, we are now engaged, and we (I) are anxiously awaiting the machine entitled:
Predator

Might I suggest this for an engagement ring????

image.jpg

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Congrats on Predator err I mean your engagement Playboywillis!#34

you were right the first time.

#4193 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Might I suggest this for an engagement ring????

"No flippin way"

#4194 6 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Quoted from Drano:

I've always had a thing for Special Force.

I LOVE Special Force. A pretty simple game, to be sure, but there were some really cool ideas built into that pin that have never been done since. Namely, the rockets are one of the coolest things in pinball, and I would be lying if I said it didn't have some influence on Predator. I actually picked up a Special Force this past weekend, as well (big thanks to Great Lakes Modular!), but it is just too far gone to repair (what do you expect for 150 bucks?), so it will be another retheme project. I'm pretty sure I know what it will be already, but if anybody has any cool ideas, I'd love to hear them, seeing as there are some Special Force fans in here!

Quoted from playboywillis:

Her airtight logic was that if I have $5 grand for a pin, how do I not have any money to buy a ring.

Wow. Logic'd. Congrats, that is a pretty neat story. Be sure to bring that up if she ever asks you to sell it!

#4195 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I know what it will be already, but if anybody has any cool ideas, I'd love to hear them

RAMBO: First Blood Part II

#4196 6 years ago

Deadly Spawn

deadly_spawn_sell_sheet.jpg

#4197 6 years ago

Ted, I never knew you had did that movie! It's legendary! We might have even bumped into each other at a horror con at some point.

#4198 6 years ago

Ok Kevin, how about the triangular targeting laser? Maybe you can atleast throw it on the DMD...in the hunt mode maybe?

#4199 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

We might have even bumped into each other at a horror con at some point.

I'm sure. I did plenty in that area...Fanex, etc...Come to Chiller and hang out sometime!

#4200 6 years ago

I never realized the work you did Ted........ a little snipit from Wikipedia

Ted is an American film director, producer, actor and writer. He is best known for his work in low-budget independent films, most often in the horror genre.

His first film work was with the 1980s horror title Fiend where he acted as producer. He then produced two more horror movies, Nightbeast and Return of the Aliens:The Deadly Spawn, before he made his directorial debut with Regenerated Man in 1994. Ted also either produced, directed or wrote, Vampire Vixens From Venus, Fantastic Filmshow I & II, Generation X, This Thing of Ours and Destination Fame.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Texas Pinball
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5.00
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 430.00
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 65.00
Texas Pinball
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside