View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 143.
#4051 10 years ago

I played a 4 player game with the boys and came out on top. My score was 125,000. I even beat Kevin what a rush. The game is a lot of fun. More play tm.

#4052 10 years ago

I took some pics tonight of the game and had a blast playing it and speaking with the creators.

DSCN1182.jpgDSCN1182.jpg DSCN1183.jpgDSCN1183.jpg DSCN1185.jpgDSCN1185.jpg

#4053 10 years ago

more ...

DSCN1187.jpgDSCN1187.jpg DSCN1188.jpgDSCN1188.jpg DSCN1189.jpgDSCN1189.jpg

#4054 10 years ago

more ...

DSCN1191.jpgDSCN1191.jpg DSCN1193.jpgDSCN1193.jpg DSCN1195.jpgDSCN1195.jpg DSCN1197.jpgDSCN1197.jpg DSCN1199.jpgDSCN1199.jpg DSCN1201.jpgDSCN1201.jpg

#4055 10 years ago

more ...

DSCN1203.jpgDSCN1203.jpg DSCN1205.jpgDSCN1205.jpg DSCN1206.jpgDSCN1206.jpg DSCN1207.jpgDSCN1207.jpg DSCN1210.jpgDSCN1210.jpg DSCN1208.jpgDSCN1208.jpg

#4056 10 years ago

Looks awesome! Thanks for the photos. Not to be greedy...but does anyone have any video?

#4057 10 years ago

last ones ... the lighting overhead was brutal for picture taking, but I tried ...

DSCN1212.jpgDSCN1212.jpg DSCN1214.jpgDSCN1214.jpg DSCN1216.jpgDSCN1216.jpg DSCN1217.jpgDSCN1217.jpg DSCN1218.jpgDSCN1218.jpg DSCN1219.jpgDSCN1219.jpg

#4058 10 years ago

It looks like it has come a long way but it looks like it still has a ways to go.

#4059 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics.

#4060 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

It looks like it has come a long way but it looks like it still has a ways to go.

The toys haven't been added to it yet. It will look more complete then. I agree; the boys still have some work to do. It is awesome they are this far along though!!!

#4061 10 years ago

A few things to note:

UV lighting is new and was changed from previous lighting. Now there are bright uv strip lighting above the left and right sides and in the back. In hunt mode this is very cool.

Hunt mode is available throughout the game and the game starts with 8 hunt mode "credits". You can earn more hunt mode credits as you play if you blow them all early on

The ramps are clear prototype ramps. They will be clear on the production units, but smoother without the large lip but still a bit wider than a standard ramp. I think the lighting is going to reflect through very nicely.

It was interesting seeing the uv lighting and the other LED lighting with the artwork. I thought the lighting was going to mask or mute the artwork, but for some reason it looked more defined when covered in the lighting. Very cool.

We discussed quite a bit, but those are the important bits. Great guys and a fun fun fun game!

#4062 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The toys haven't been added to it yet. It will look more complete then. I agree; the boys still have some work to do. It is awesome they are this far along though!!!

I`m sure they will be going full bore again after this weekends show. I wasn't expecting to see a populated playfield with artwork, that's for sure.

#4063 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I`m sure they will be going full bore again after this weekends show. I wasn't expecting to see a populated playfield with artwork, that's for sure.

Totally agree; they are further along than I thought. Very impressive. These guys are going to make one heck of a completed game.

#4064 10 years ago

a lot of progress as been done.

the game does scream for wire ramps, not sure about the green bumper caps, i'd go red, there is a lot of green in that area already, same thing for the green lane guides.

i'm sure the game is gonna kick ass when finished.

#4065 10 years ago

Can't wait to get down there!!

#4066 10 years ago

Drano..........how are we going to do the mirror blades on this with that light strip going along the sides? Any ideas? Or do we have to go mirrorless on this one?

#4067 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

not sure about the green bumper caps, i'd go red, there is a lot of green in that area already,

You know it's been green from the beginning but after you say red, and I look at it, it would make sense considering it would look like the predators target. (Even tho it'd be upside down)

#4068 10 years ago

Should make the bumper caps hut roofs ala special forces

#4069 10 years ago

Yeah! Let's start from scratch and change everything. I say Predator helmets for bumber caps...

#4070 10 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

a lot of progress as been done.
the game does scream for wire ramps, not sure about the green bumper caps, i'd go red, there is a lot of green in that area already, same thing for the green lane guides.
i'm sure the game is gonna kick ass when finished.

I dont mind the JM pop caps and lane guides but I don't see a lot of teal on the game so I can see how some feel they are out of place.

#4071 10 years ago

I really like how the machine is shaping up. The huts have become less visible, and as a result, the playfield is now less-cartoonish. I originally did not have any issues with Arnies shoulder and I would of been fine if that was the final version...however, now that it has been mentioned enough, I would love to see it tweaked, otherwise, I will always glance at it and think we had a chance to make it better. Hope that is not asking too much at this point in the design.
I will also add that I really like the green pops and guides. Its an appropriate color for the jungle feel and refreshing not to see another set of reds pops in a game.
Skull blood...I do hope that this is still a work in progress. I like the idea of the blood dripping better than an all-red skull but it does need tweaking. Still, a machine with dripping blood onto a skull is just badass in my book.
SkitB...great work all. Very excited to see it coming together so nicely and I am thrilled to be a part of something special here.

#4072 10 years ago

First mod will likely be my first attempt at fabbing full metal ramps (gonna be the 'Special' forces LE ); the clear plastic ramps work, but the game screams for the metal.

#4073 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! Let's start from scratch and change everything. I say Predator helmets for bumber caps...

Lol. I think it looks great! I was just thinking it'd be cool to buy them separately and change them out on my machine. Don't know if that's possible though

#4075 10 years ago

I must say I'm liking the look of the refined artwork looks much better than before.

#4076 10 years ago

(flame suit on) I'm a Predator deposit down secured spot guy. I love what SkitB is trying to do which is why I'm supporting them. Looking at last pics....my gut is telling me to be careful, having doubts. Hoping someone can shoot a video of recent gameplay from the show.

The UV lighting with special paint illuminate on the playfield is one feature I was really pumped about. But recent pics of playfield - putting doubt in my mind on this feature strength. Just sharing thoughts out loud, talk me off the ledge.

#4077 10 years ago

What's got billy so spooked?

#4078 10 years ago

Still reserving judgment for the final model, but the UV layer was something i was hoping to see there too. Doesnt look like much right now. Perhaps its been binned? I sure hope not....

#4079 10 years ago

does that uv lights gonna fade the artwork?

#4080 10 years ago

No pin is for everyone maybe no one should talk you off the ledge so another pinhead that wants on gets a shot at getting it.

#4081 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

(flame suit on) I'm a Predator deposit down secured spot guy. I love what SkitB is trying to do which is why I'm supporting them. Looking at last pics....my gut is telling me to be careful, having doubts. Hoping someone can shoot a video of recent gameplay from the show.

The UV lighting with special paint illuminate on the playfield is one feature I was really pumped about. But recent pics of playfield - putting doubt in my mind on this feature strength. Just sharing thoughts out loud, talk me off the ledge.

I didn't take any video, but I was able to play a couple of games yesterday. I will say I love the cabinet art, I am not the biggest fan of the playfield art (don't hate it, just the style of art isn't my cup of tea), but the game is extremely fun to play. Hunt mode is extremely unique, multiball modes are very engaging, lots of the shots can be backhanded, a bunch of different modes and the playfield does a great job of directing you where to shoot for each mode. The callouts for each shot/mode are probably the best possible quote you could have taken from the movie.

The only gameplay feature I would personally like to see is provide an additional way to light lock. Right now you have to commit to shooting the two center targets, but you can't hit other shots to light lock (multiple ramp shots, combo of certain shots, etc). Maybe an option in the menu to turn this on if the guys don't want this to be a default feature? I think this would add a nice layer of strategy so you could avoid those center targets that make you more susceptible to drains.

I think some special paint similar to the paint used in TFTC would be cool on either the playfield or the ramps to represent Predator blood. However, if this was too costly to do, maybe an after market mod would be easy to do in the form of a decal similar to Hooked's AC/DC ramp decals that go on the bottom of the ramp entrances (maybe have more brush with the Predator blood on the leaves).

#4082 10 years ago

Just spent a few hours with Kevin and Aaron. Everyone is going to be thrilled with UV artwork. I promised not to repeat too much. Game is pulling together nicely.

All the plastics are going to be stacked jungle theme. Even some for covering parts of the ramps but not enough to hid and shots or flipper lanes. Jungle plastics covering the claw on the ramp so when you go to lock a ball the jungle comes out and eats it.

Another co feature being woked on is they are trying to put a back panel on the back of the playfield. It's going o have info on it to keep tack of progress info like hunts and which characters collected.

It's all I can remember for now. Time to dive home. Kevin and Aaron I was great hanging out and talking with you guys again.

#4083 10 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Just spent a few hours with Kevin and Aaron. Everyone is going to be thrilled with UV artwork. I promised not to repeat too much. Game is pulling together nicely.
All the plastics are going to be stacked jungle theme. Even some for covering parts of the ramps but not enough to hid and shots or flipper lanes. Jungle plastics covering the claw on the ramp so when you go to lock a ball the jungle comes out and eats it.
Another co feature being woked on is they are trying to put a back panel on the back of the playfield. It's going o have info on it to keep tack of progress info like hunts and which characters collected.
It's all I can remember for now. Time to dive home. Kevin and Aaron I was great hanging out and talking with you guys again.

That sounds sweet thanks for the info

#4084 10 years ago

Still on the fence *for me* I am not in love with the PF artwork.

#4085 10 years ago

Played about 20 games on the Predator (that was me in the "Bacon Makes Everything Better" shirt).

I am definitely happy how things are shaping up; it was a drain monster due to the guys forgetting to put the outlane posts on! The hunt button will take me some time to get used to. The UV lights do flood the playfield nicely but there wasn't any UV artwork yet from what I could tell. It seemed people were getting confused on the Unleash mode where after 30 seconds the flippers stop working and all the balls drain then a new one is launched.

#4086 10 years ago

Just got home. Put in some good time on Predator (Hawaiian Shirt, pocket full of cigars) ...and like it even more! Only took a few pix...forgot to go back for video because I met soooo many Pinsiders this trip! Fun stuff! ALMOST bought a Bone Busters, or whatever the hell it's called....

#4087 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

+1

#4088 10 years ago

I honestly think it just needs to be a bit darker. Literally, I mean, like the color palette. And maybe the background the same blue/grey as the translite.

I showed it to the fiancé for the first time(who is my fiancé now due to this game!!) and she just commented on the contrast between the trans and the playfield.

#4089 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm kinda in the same boat here and the only thing I can attribute it to is the clash of the cabinet with the playfield It really looks out of place.

I think a lot of the problem is we are looking at a prototype machine and it looks rough around the edges and dated. I'm banking that when the actual machine is released and you have a shiny clearcoated playfield, plastics and hardware it will change my mind. This is assuming they address a lot of the concerns we have. This is just my opinion of course.

#4090 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I honestly think it just needs to be a bit darker. Literally, I mean, like the color palette. And maybe the background the same blue/grey as the translite.

I agree with this; just darken it up some. Nothing wrong with the artwork at all it is just a little on the bright side.

#4091 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No pin is for everyone maybe no one should talk you off the ledge so another pinhead that wants on gets a shot at getting it.

When I make up my mind *if* I decide to bow out another pinhead will certainly get a shot as I know there is a line behind me. Trying to get others opinion who may be teetering like me. But thanks for trying to nudge me off the ledge over the cliff.

Quoted from jsalce:

I didn't take any video, but I was able to play a couple of games yesterday. I will say I love the cabinet art, I am not the biggest fan of the playfield art (don't hate it, just the style of art isn't my cup of tea), but the game is extremely fun to play.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. Being more direct on my concerns, playfield art turned out not to be my cup of tea either. I played in Chicago on older proto (very cool ideas but was not playing right - which is ok still proto and directionally neat) but haven't seen recent video. UV lighting with smooth flowing play gets me over the hump.

Quoted from rai:

Same here. No offense intended to those who love it or the artist (whom I met and is a very cool and passionate guy).

#4092 10 years ago

I agree that the pallet is just a bit too harsh/ bright and clashes with the cab in overall style/feel. I actually like the lines, just the color pallet seems to have too much contrast.

I am still in as the play and coding was what sold me from day 1 and I assume that we are still just seeing another proto (pretty sure that is the first printed pf). I feel confident that the team will make it all come together as 1 cohesive piece of art that is also a blast to play.

#4093 10 years ago

Personally, I'm not worried, and I can't even articulate why as I've never seen or played the game, nor met the Skit-B guys, but I'm just "following my gut". These guys just seem like two genuine dudes that, in Bryan Kelly's words, "just won't fuck it up". They care too much!

#4094 10 years ago

Looking at it and trying to form a more specific opinion...

I think mostly the colors are just slight too electric if that makes sense??? I also think that the top 2/3 is pretty tight. I would like to see the overall blue hue in the pf and esp the bottom 1/3 be closer to what is in the translight. I also am thinking that things seem a bit harsh because the inserts have no art printed on them yet. It actually appears like the pf was printed and then the inserts dropped in which seems odd (maybe because proto and time crunch before show?). Either way the lack of art and text on inserts makes thing look funny.

#4095 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

Personally, I'm not worried, and I can't even articulate why as I've never seen or played the game, nor met the Skit-B guys, but I'm just "following my gut". These guys just seem like two genuine dudes that, in Bryan Kelly's words, "just won't fuck it up". They care too much!

Absolutely, these guys read all the posts also and they haven't let me down thus far on concerns I've had.

#4096 10 years ago

How does it *play*, fellas? Call me crazy, but I care far more about gameplay then how it looks...
How did it feel? Were the shots satisfying? Did the ramps feel good? Was it fun?

#4097 10 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

How does it *play*, fellas? Call me crazy, but I care far more about gameplay then how it looks...
How did it feel? Were the shots satisfying? Did the ramps feel good? Was it fun?

I'd like to know as well. I know we won't know how the ramps feel until the finalized versions are added. The final ones are supposed to be rounded in the curves instead of the bent angles that are currently on it.

#4098 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking at it and trying to form a more specific opinion..

Agree with pts you made. Trying to add some articulation on my side too. I spoke to the artist at Expo and I thought I recall his vision was all the main characters in the middle and below them was to be the arm of the Predator with his computer as focal point with explosions scattered around playfield. Now I see Predator head on right looking at a skull in his hand dripping with blood. While cool, why the arm computer then? His vision sold me as we would be looking over Predator's shoulder almost (my words not his). Again nothing horrible here, just trying to soak it in. Not sure how UV artwork will work now too with final coloring.

SkitB guys are awesome and no question they care. So please don't take posts wrong way. Just expressing my thoughts.

#4099 10 years ago

I am not "worried" *but* I kind of figured the cab, backbox and trans artwork was created mainly to introduce SKit-B and their license to the world. I havent been concerned with the exterior artwork not at all matching the playfield pallet as I just assumed the exterior artwork was intended as temporary or a work in progress from the start. There is NO doubt the code and ruleset will be top notch on Predator. I am withholding final opinion on artwork until I see final artwork.

Jason

#4100 10 years ago

I pitched my paying 5 grand to my girl as an investment that could only go up or stay the same. She thinks the art looks "90's" and might "hurt the value" in her words. I think darken it up a bit and its solid. I love it. I said something 6 months ago about the contrast of the actual actors on the trans compared to the pf. Skit B said they were going for the comic feel and it was achieved. She said it was something that was like TFTC but that was a comedy. I truly think if it's given a darker tone, it would appear a bit more serious.

But gameplay rules. And gameplay, callouts, and dmd rules and I'm confident that these areas are solid. I plan on never selling this game. This is my favorite movie ever made and I'm ecstatic to be on board. Unbeknownst to her, I'm buying it no matter what! And Skit B, I love what you're doing and I hate throwing things out last minute. And I feel like an asshole and know I'm not entitled to anything. I'm just throwing it out there. I'm a guaranteed buyer.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.