View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 143.
#4001 10 years ago

Niiiiice. Thanks Drano!

#4002 10 years ago

awesome, cant wait to play it tomorrow. Wonder why the skull/spine is missing. Are there hanging bodies?

#4003 10 years ago

Looks fantastic so far! I hope they get a few toys on there....

#4004 10 years ago

AWESOME! Can't wait to play it with the color playfield art in place!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be there is a few hours.

#4005 10 years ago

Looks better than I imagined it would! The playfield looks awesome. I cant wait.

#4006 10 years ago

I'd think of pulling the word Predator off the translite or the speaker panel.

#4007 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

The texture on it is also the same as the middle of the translite. It'd be cool if it was just art that extended from the translite to the speaker panel.

#4008 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Ill be trying to get Matt to do something fun with the speaker panel most likely.

#4009 10 years ago

I still don't get why the cab art and pf art are so polar opposite. Looks like the same theme with different design ideas, just doesn't look cohesive. Go with the realistic cab art or the cartoony pf art, can't be both.

#4010 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I agree

#4011 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I still don't get why the cab art and pf art are so polar opposite. Looks like the same theme with different design ideas, just doesn't look cohesive. Go with the realistic cab art or the cartoony pf art, can't be both.

I agree with that.

#4012 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Agreed (remove the one from the speaker panel).

Quoted from Marc:

I don't mind.

#4013 10 years ago

It looks like it's coming together. I cant wait to see the inserts lit for the full effect.

super-duper-anchorman.gifsuper-duper-anchorman.gif

#4014 10 years ago

I think the plaque with the number and quote should be on the speaker panel under the DMD.

#4015 10 years ago

I've been quiet because I do like the art and think it is pretty, but I do agree that the playfield and cab aren't cohesive. I like the playfield, I like the cabinet, just both together looks off. I think I liked the playfield art better before it was colored in, because it looked more raw and gritty. Which then makes me wonder what it would look like if the playfield was done just in greyscale and red, then more blue/green/UV highlights in hunt mode.

Anxiously awaiting new videos. And working on my first payment plan today actually. I'm painting my second pinball room/area this weekend and had to go with a pure white so that it didn't clash with my pins and/or decorations for when I get Predator home and properly decorated around.

#4016 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Yes, pull the predator name off the speaker panel!

#4017 10 years ago

NICE! *I'm enjoying this progress!*
-"That´s pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half-assed mountain boys"
-"I guess they´re getting better equipped every day"

#4018 10 years ago

4001+ posts and counting

#4019 10 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Ill be trying to get Matt to do something fun with the speaker panel most likely.

If it is wood, Matt will take care of business right away I'm sure but I think it is plastic so that might take him awhile. I am sure 250 people could persuade him to push it along quicker though!

#4020 10 years ago

I do as well. Add the phrase "Get to the Chopper!"

#4021 10 years ago

I have a couple of questions: are the ramps going to have El wire? Why is there a wide shoulder on them? Second question is not reallyu question but rather a comment, with the art on the PF I think wireform would have been better; not just for longevity but it covers less art on the pf..hopefully the ramps will be more transparent and narrower, otherwise it looks very good.

#4022 10 years ago

The more I look at it the more I like the speaker panel, the artwork is a missing touch from games lately. But yes remove PREDATOR from it and it could be great!

#4023 10 years ago

The machine just begs for some black nickel powder coat rails and lockdown bar etc or maybe something to match the color of the Predators face on the backglass?

#4024 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

4001+ posts and counting

10k by christmas

#4025 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have a couple of questions: are the ramps going to have El wire? Why is there a wide shoulder on them? Second question is not reallyu question but rather a comment, with the art on the PF I think wireform would have been better; not just for longevity but it covers less art on the pf..hopefully the ramps will be more transparent and narrower, otherwise it looks very good.

Wireform Would be awsome

#4026 10 years ago

I'd buy a wireform mod; change all plastic ramps into wireform.

#4027 10 years ago

The mods will be a-flowin' I'm sure....

#4028 10 years ago

I'd always prefer wireform to plastic ramps, but I'm sure it increases costs significantly and is hard to work with. I'd agree that playfield art and translite/cab art don't quite match, still looks pretty sweet tho

#4029 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

from my discussions at MPE, these ramps are still just proto. On finished one corners will be rounded/smoothed flow, material will be thicker than what many games have. Production ones will be completely clear like other games. The actual mold for the production ramps was close to being done at that time.

#4030 10 years ago

I have to agree with this, looks like the Predator spilled jam on his skull snack

And Armold is still lopsided.

Other than that it looks incredible!

Quoted from flashburn:

**If I don't mention something, assume that I like/love it.**
I'm just going to say it... the blood on the skull looks bad. I hate how it's got this big drops of blood, it looks weird. It should be more "smeared" than dripped.
Is Arnold going to be fixed? Cause he just looks so wrong in that position. I know it's just the perspective, but it looks like he's only been working out the left side of his body for the last few years.
I'm assuming nothing about the inserts is final? Colors/locations? Since a few of them don't line up

**If I don't mention something, assume that I like/love it.**
I'm just going to say it... the blood on the skull looks bad. I hate how it's got this big drops of blood, it looks weird. It should be more "smeared" than dripped.
Is Arnold going to be fixed? Cause he just looks so wrong in that position. I know it's just the perspective, but it looks like he's only been working out the left side of his body for the last few years.
I'm assuming nothing about the inserts is final? Colors/locations? Since a few of them don't line up with the artwork.
#4031 10 years ago

Am I alone here, or does this NOW seem like a real Pinball Machine....

#4032 10 years ago

Much better!!!! still needs a little tweaking, but definitely in the right direction from a playfield cosmetics point of view

#4033 10 years ago

It just seems to be moving along so fast!

#4034 10 years ago

Playfield art makes much more sense in context with ramps, bumpers and rails present. Glad the skull and Predator aren't obscured by the slings too much. It's looking really good overall. I agree with the clashing art style of the cab and backbox though.

#4035 10 years ago

OMG thanks DRANO!!!!!!!

I really needed to see that pic badly. Now I feel like yeah, this game is together nicely. I would pay extra for metal ramps. The plastic ones just look so bulky, hope this gets tweaked in someway.

Happy!

#4036 10 years ago

I agree with some others. The ramps need trimmed down with that thick edge and cleared. They look very boxy with not much style. If that is still for sure prototype ramps then disregard. The art between the cab and playfield do not go together at all, the blue tones on the cab are not seen in the playfield and the greens of the playfield are not on the cab. I hope this is changed in some way. Also the Arnold problem is still there and hopefully it's gonna be fixed. It looks like he's paralyzed on the right side of his body so he decided to still stay fit so he just started pumping iron with his one good arm. And I have to agree about the jelly skull, looks goofy. It looks like a skull that would be drawn on family guy. This is one instance where I think going back to straight red like it originally was would look better than this or just make it more realistic looking blood.

I'm sure it will start to look a lot better once playfield plastics are added and toys and other finishing touches.

#4037 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

OMG thanks DRANO!!!!!!!
I really needed to see that pic badly. Now I feel like yeah, this game is together nicely. I would pay extra for metal ramps. The plastic ones just look so bulky, hope this gets tweaked in someway.
Happy!

+1-------> I would pay extra for metal ramps!!

#4038 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from my discussions at MPE, these ramps are still just proto. On finished one corners will be rounded/smoothed flow, material will be thicker than what many games have. Production ones will be completely clear like other games. The actual mold for the production ramps was close to being done at that time.

Thanks, that's cool! IMO, this game is begging for wireform...

#4039 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Thanks, that's cool! IMO, this game is begging for wireform...

I agree, I'd pay extra for them or pay to mod them after the fact

#4040 10 years ago

Overall I like what I see. Pretty sure those are still the prototype ramps, so not concerned about that. I think the spine they showed before wasn't actually built to mount in the game. It looked more like a medical model. Maybe we'll see a new spine soon...

@SkitB - it looks like there's some tiny registration issues around the inserts where the art doesn't line up quite right. If I might make a suggestion... You need to put a black outline (in the art work) around where the inserts will be. The size of the black outline needs to be scaled down very slightly to allow some wiggle room on the placement of your insert. Having a bit of black covering the edge of an insert looks much better than an edge of plain wood showing next to the insert.

Brian

#4041 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Pretty sure those are still the prototype ramps, so not concerned about that.

+1 - if you look at the left side ramp you can see all the extra space after the hole. If you remember from their last video they said that the material expanded more then they were expecting. I am sure the final ramps will not be as bulky.

#4042 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Great suggestion

#4043 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I agree with some others. The ramps need trimmed down with that thick edge and cleared. They look very boxy with not much style. If that is still for sure prototype ramps then disregard. The art between the cab and playfield do not go together at all, the blue tones on the cab are not seen in the playfield and the greens of the playfield are not on the cab. I hope this is changed in some way. Also the Arnold problem is still there and hopefully it's gonna be fixed. It looks like he's paralyzed on the right side of his body so he decided to still stay fit so he just started pumping iron with his one good arm. And I have to agree about the jelly skull, looks goofy. It looks like a skull that would be drawn on Family Guy. This is one instance where I think going back to straight red like it originally was would look better than this or just make it more realistic looking blood.
I'm sure it will start to look a lot better once playfield plastics are added and toys and other finishing touches.

+1

#4044 10 years ago

I also have to agree about arnold's shoulder, its definitely off. I like the progress of everything, can't wait to see a video!

#4045 10 years ago

Has anyone coined the phrase " Get to the toppa"
If not I claim it

#4046 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If not I claim it

Gay!

Sorry Mr manhole Jay, I forgot my smiley face!

#4047 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

If not I claim it

It's all yours....

#4048 10 years ago

Maybe...Get to the crappa...

#4049 10 years ago

I was going to send you a picture Chris, to prove I was indeed shitting in a manhole, but thought it might be in poor taste. Trying to class it up.

#4050 10 years ago

I was going to send you a picture Chris, to prove I was indeed shitting in a manhole, but thought it might be in poor taste. Trying to class it up.

You feeling ok Jay? This talk of being classy has me concerned!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.