View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 143.
#3901 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Why the sudden panic about money? Everyone has known about this for a year now. Should you not have been saving in readiness?

I see you're from England.

In America, it is against the law to save money.

#3902 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

#3903 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

He's right. Here in the states we simply rack up as much debt on Credit as possible and then simply walk away and wait for uncle sam to pick up the tab and then sell our debt to other countries. Good times.

(and for those of you who missed it, sarcasm)

#3904 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

This is probably the question I've gotten the most, and yes, there will definitely be extra translites available.

Awesome. This is the answer I was looking for. I wen't "all in" Level 4.

Kevin, will you be sending out email confirmations that payment was received? ...the PayPal receipt simply doesn't feel like "enough."

#3905 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Awesome. This is the answer I was looking for. I wen't "all in" Level 4.

Level 4 should come with one signed to hang and 1 on game. Or a bump in line up ; ). Life sucks and rules change.

#3906 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Level 4 should come with one signed to hang and 1 on game. Or a bump in line up ; ). Life sucks and rules change.

One extra to put on game & signed one on a wall sounds good. I don't like the bumping in line up.

#3907 11 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Oh we have our money/bank/debt/unemployment/depression problems here in the UK too.

After all, we're a mini USA

#3908 11 years ago

I'm ready to pay for my machine but can't get any response from SkitB. Not sure what's up.

#3909 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I'm ready to pay for my machine but can't get any response from SkitB. Not sure what's up.

Did you get a deposit email?

#3910 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Oh we have our money/bank/debt/unemployment/depression problems here in the UK too.
After all, we're a mini USA

I think the way it went down was we're the Maxi UK.

#3911 11 years ago

Yeah, way back in February and I made my deposit but haven't heard anything back since.

#3912 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, way back in February and I made my deposit but haven't heard anything back since.

Check your spam folder to make sure an email wasn't sent in there. Also are you absolutely sure you've got a spot? If so I can forward you a link

Send an email to [email protected] and let him know you haven't received any emails after your initial deposit

#3913 11 years ago

Question about ramps for SkitB:

I'm not sure what causes it, whether it's design of the terminal end or the shape of the hole or maybe the plastic it's made out of, but I utterly F'ing hate when the ball reaches the end of a ramp and instead of falling into the return lane, bounces back a couple inches and then has to come back down and settle before it will drain properly.

This video of Full Throttle shows this in full horrible effect. http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_C0gGZLl8E?autoplay=1&rel=0 It's not just boutique folks either, I see modern Sterns doing this as well and it just drives me up the wall.

From you latest video this doesn't seem to be a problem at all, but I also know that's a temporary ramp design and I think a trial plastic. Of course I'd love metal form ramps, but if we're 100% on the plastic... I don't know. Are you feeling me on this? Can we make sure this doesn't happen?

#3914 11 years ago

Sooooo are you guys saying that the price is locked at $4,750?

#3915 11 years ago

Is that a fat joke??

Quoted from PACMAN:

Yeah, send me an email. I've disabled (I think) my junk filter, so I should get just about everything. ::EDIT:: Thanks for the call, I hope that cleared everything up.

Quoted from navajas:

I utterly F'ing hate when the ball reaches the end of a ramp and instead of falling into the return lane, bounces back a couple inches and then has to come back down and settle before it will drain properly.

Oh, me too! Comments like this excite me, as I know somebody, somewhere, is going to appreciate the amount of effort we've put into the "trivial" aspects of this game to make sure it plays exactly as intended

Quoted from spfxted:

Sooooo are you guys saying that the price is locked at $4,750?

We'll know soon. A little birdie told me to keep an eye on Pinball411 for that info when it lands.

#3916 11 years ago

Thank you for the clarification in the last email you sent. Sent off my first payment and will hopefully have it fully paid off before production of my machine. It's crunch time, I'm feeling really good about this game. I can't wait to see what game two is, I'd like to put in my vote to be able to lock into being able to buy game 2. I'm not sure how you feel about it but I look at it like everyone that has a spot for Predator has put faith in you guys and your business and to me that deserves some kind of customer appreciation, that's just my view and if I'm in the minority and you ultimately decide against it I'm fine with that. Cheers to Skit-B and I hope your business is very successful for years to come.

#3917 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This makes me respect you guys even more if thats possible. Megadeth pin would be awesome.

Do Motörhead first who have stood the test of time!

#3918 11 years ago

Contact made and paypal sent for #141. Thanks Kevin!

#3919 11 years ago

I always thought the design that bounces a ball at the end of the ramp was done on purpose. Kind of so you always get the same drop speed from the ramp. Makes it "easier."

Not a fan, just thought was always done on purpose.

#3920 11 years ago

We'll know soon. A little birdie told me to keep an eye on Pinball411 for that info when it lands.

I like the sound of THAT!!

#3921 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

(...) I utterly F'ing hate when the ball reaches the end of a ramp and instead of falling into the return lane, bounces back a couple inches and then has to come back down and settle before it will drain properly.
This video of Full Throttle shows this in full horrible effect. http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_C0gGZLl8E?autoplay=1&rel=0

Right. Had to watch that video again to notice that. The thing I DID notice was how ugly is the artwork on that game.

#3922 11 years ago

That game kinda looks lame? IMO

#3923 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Do Motörhead first who have stood the test of time!

Megadeth's been around since like '85. That's almost the same time-test that I've been under

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Yeah? I kinda thought it looked pretty neat. Game has a ton of cool ideas in it; I just don't think I care much for the Comet inlane on the left side. Never been a fan.

#3924 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Question about ramps for SkitB:
I'm not sure what causes it, whether it's design of the terminal end or the shape of the hole or maybe the plastic it's made out of, but I utterly F'ing hate when the ball reaches the end of a ramp and instead of falling into the return lane, bounces back a couple inches and then has to come back down and settle before it will drain properly.
This video of Full Throttle shows this in full horrible effect. http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_C0gGZLl8E?autoplay=1&rel=0 It's not just boutique folks either, I see modern Sterns doing this as well and it just drives me up the wall.
From you latest video this doesn't seem to be a problem at all, but I also know that's a temporary ramp design and I think a trial plastic. Of course I'd love metal form ramps, but if we're 100% on the plastic... I don't know. Are you feeling me on this? Can we make sure this doesn't happen?

My Tron pro suffered from this my le not at all. It absolutely ruined the speed and flow of the game. I was about to add a little latex foam to end of ramp but it would looked hokey. No idea but ly le Tron they drop smooth with no bounce back. Glad I am not alone in this.

#3925 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I think the game looks cool. Love the display like Nemo's. I know the art is pretty universally hated, but it looks very "Euro" to me and so fits. Seems overpriced though, especially compared to Captain Nemo.

#3926 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

My Tron pro suffered from this my le not at all. It absolutely ruined the speed and flow of the game. I was about to add a little latex foam to end of ramp but it would looked hokey. No idea but ly le Tron they drop smooth with no bounce back. Glad I am not alone in this.

You could add a small and fairly weak magnet to the end of the ramp, or a little bit of magnetic tape.

#3927 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I think the game looks cool. Love the display like Nemo's. I know the art is pretty universally hated, but it looks very "Euro" to me and so fits. Seems overpriced though, especially compared to Captain Nemo.

Allow me to retort. The duel, one piece ramp is kinda cool but the artwork doesnt do it for me at all.
Granted, its better than I can do.
Great background music though!

#3928 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Allow me to retort. The duel, one piece ramp is kinda cool but the artwork doesnt do it for me at all.
Granted, its better than I can do.
Great background music though!

I'm not really disagreeing. I just think the playfield art really fits with their theme and looks, well, "ok". It's a European road race game and looks the part: If it looked like Banzai Run, which I adore, it'd be weird.

#3929 11 years ago

Will there by any kind of Predator Video update this month?

#3930 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Will there by any kind of Predator Video update this month?

#3931 11 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

This post is meant for folks like you...distant from us in Michigan. Try to always give a little extra time for responses. I recall Kevin saying they were basically on Full time mode on this project. I would imagine many emails are in and out with suppliers. Then the customer base. Add in checking the forums here and there and you can see why a wee bit time is needed for answers. Even myself was not fully aware of how intense these guys have become with this project until I spent some one on one time with Kevin & team at the Mich Pinball Expo recently. All I can say is it tripled my respect and confidence level that i already had after that time with him and his team.

Again, I'm just trying to post something from here in Michigan that may help others out of state since you may not have had a chance to hit the Mich show and understand the work load they are now under

#3932 11 years ago

It has, we just didn't really see the point in redoing an entire cabinet to show "logistic" artwork changes

I'm curious...is the side art on the head going to remain the same? I've mentioned this months ago, but it looks to me like it's a predator from one of the sequels.

#3933 11 years ago

I did, 2 months actually

It wasn't that, for some reason my email client was/is rejecting skitB emails. So i gave them a different email. Problem solved.

"Try to always give a little extra time for responses."

#3934 11 years ago

Megadeth's been around since like '85. That's almost the same time-test that I've been under

Yeah? I kinda thought it looked pretty neat. Game has a ton of cool ideas in it; I just don't think I care much for the Comet inlane on the left side. Never been a fan.

Lemmy indicated in an interview that it would be cool if someone made one for him. What Lemmy wants he gets. The Ace of Spades. Haha!

#3935 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Lemmy indicated in an interview that it would be cool if someone made one for him. What Lemmy wants he gets. The Ace of Spades. Haha!

And Lemmy is (was ?) actually a pin player. Known to hang around in bars and play before concerts.
Special song for lousy games "I am a loser..."

#3936 11 years ago

Lets get some lasers in this beast either for topper or playfield looks like Sterns upcoming release will have something to the effect we would be looking for in a 3 beam triangle.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-with-frikkin-lasers#post-829000

#3937 11 years ago

Paid in full boys. Bring it on man.
And remember what goes on my plaque:

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

(Without the Rick first!). :p

#3938 11 years ago

I havent really decided what my quote will be, will there be a deadline for that or a confirmation saying "hey this is what we have for your plaque, we need to hear from you by [a specific date] in order to change it"

#3939 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

"hey this is what we have for your plaque, we need to hear from you by [a specific date] in order to change it"

That would make a wonderful quote, no?

#3940 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Lets get some lasers in this beast either for topper or playfield looks like Sterns upcoming release will have something to the effect we would be looking for in a 3 beam triangle.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steve-ritchie-with-frikkin-lasers#post-829000

Mine will be getting tri lasers regardless whether its factory or mod....

#3941 10 years ago

Moved from #9 to #3 on the waiting list in just a month. Thanks for the update Kevin!

#3942 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Even myself was not fully aware of how intense these guys have become with this project

I love the fact that this was one of the first posts I got to see after getting home from visiting three states in two days for countless meetings with many manufacturers. We really do have the best demographic in the world

#3943 10 years ago

Probably asked about already, but are the dangling bodies and the skeleton VUK the only toys for predator?

#3944 10 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Probably asked about already, but are the dangling bodies and the skeleton VUK the only toys for Predator?

I don't think that has been confirmed one way or another. My guess they are seriously holding back something unique and special.

#3945 10 years ago
Quoted from Prkchpsndwiches:

Probably asked about already, but are the dangling bodies and the skeleton VUK the only toys for Predator?

A while back they mentioned a proposed total of four. One that will most likely be in the game not mentioned above is the Predator claw that will steal the ball off a made left ramp shot to symbolize a ball being locked.

Quoted from shootar:

Mine will be getting tri lasers regardless whether its factory or mod....

Yea if it isn't in the production game it will be a must add mod but I'm still holding out hope they may find a way to include it somehow. I think it would be a great opportunity to generate some excitement if they find a way to make it happen in the final design. Lasers do have their safety issues so an alternative would likely be needed making it less likely to be incorporated in the production game unfortunately.

#3946 10 years ago

If there is still time, could you stencil in the playfield a blue razor (Mac would use it often to shave at tense times in the jungle) or the flask that Mac drank while talking about good/hard times with Blain (when Blain was either alive or dead).
Thanks for any response.

mac2.jpgmac2.jpg mac3.jpgmac3.jpg

#3947 10 years ago

i think the goodie bag should have a big pouch of chew

#3948 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

If there is still time, could you stencil in the playfield a blue razor (Mac would use it often to shave at tense times in the jungle) or the flask that Mac drank while talking about good/hard times with Blain (when Blain was either alive or dead).
Thanks for any response.

Sounds like a mod bud, I'm guessing you're going to have to spray paint your own blue razor on the playfield.

#3949 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

i think the goodie bag should have a big pouch of chew

Great idea!

#3950 10 years ago

I'm not 100% on this, but i think we've seen/know about most of the toys at this point

1. Hanging Body (1 per game?)
2. Skull
3. Spine
4. Predator Claw? havent seen this yet

Again this is just as I understand it right now.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.