Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 143.
#3851 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

But what happens if you don't press the button once inside?

Yea, it's probably best left sealed shut.

I got my email. Not sure what to do yet. I really don't like signed translites, personally.

Brian #46

#3852 6 years ago

This is going to sound a little mean, but, yeah, I need to toss my vote in with the "not so motivated by the signed translite" crowd. SkitB are my boys, but I don't need them to sign my game. Maybe I'll regret that in 20 years, but so be it.

Now, on the other hand, an entire special translite shipped with the regular one? That might get me selling my truck ahead of schedule...

But wait, shit, do I really want to open that kind of LE crap? Maybe not. Regardless, no big deal. Just means I have no reason to pine for top tier.

#3853 6 years ago

Actually agree with Nava<edited>for once... Signed crap never did a lot for me other than stir up controversy. Would like it better if the signed backglass was actually just a transparent signed overlay... Then again ill be dropping down the full Monty as soon as I get back from vaca so what the hell do I know. Keep rockin skit-b boys.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : No personal attacks please.

#3854 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Actually agree with <edited> for once...

Excuse me? What the hell man?

#3855 6 years ago

I wouldn't mind doing option 4, but I wonder if we will be able to buy an additional translite. I wouldn't mind putting that one on the wall or something.

#3856 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I wouldn't mind doing option 4, but I wonder if we will be able to buy an additional translite. I wouldn't mind putting that one on the wall or something.

I am on the same page here, not a big fan of signed translites.... but would be great for wall art.

#3857 6 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Considering that I would be paying for the machine up front all at once and I don't think that many will do it for what ever reason. I would like to see a separate signed translite thrown into the equation as an added bonus instead (for free of course).

Because I don't want my game signed either........sorry kids.

Chris

#3858 6 years ago

I fail to see how this is a payment plan? Seems like more of a deposit plan. How does this take the stress off coming up with the money? I could see if I had to send $500 a month till production as that makes sense, but putting down more of a deposit doesn't help me. If they allow me to pick which option I wanna go with and make the payment deadline of when it has to be paid off before my production date that would make more sense for me personally.

Example

I choose option 4 and send in $500 payments till $4500 is paid and it has to be paid before the production of my machine. If it's not paid in full by the start of my machines production I get moved down to option 3 as long as I have made at least $2250 in payment. Or option 2 if I've only sent less than $2250.

As it stands sending in one lump sum right now does nothing to help me coming up with the money. Am I the only one that feels this way?

#3859 6 years ago

I fail to see how this is a payment plan? Seems like more of a deposit plan. How does this take the stress off coming up with the money? I could see if I had to send $500 a month till production as that makes sense, but putting down more of a deposit doesn't help me. If they allow me to pick which option I wanna go with and make the payment deadline of when it has to be paid off before my production date that would make more sense for me personally.
Example
I choose option 4 and send in $500 payments till $4500 is paid and it has to be paid before the production of my machine. If it's not paid in full by the start of my machines production I get moved down to option 3 as long as I have made at least $2250 in payment. Or option 2 if I've only sent less than $2250.
As it stands sending in one lump sum right now does nothing to help me coming up with the money. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Without a "by date" that's actually how I thought it might work. Kevin?

#3860 6 years ago

Ya I don't see how this is a payment plan or helps anyone get any pins in the interim. As i sit here typing this i do not have to send anymore cash until they are ready to start making my pin. If i choose any of these options i need to send more cash right now to get a T-shirt or a poster.

I would pay you guys in full right now if you could get Arnie's signature though.

#3861 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

I would pay you guys in full right now if you could get Arnie's signature though.

No luv for Hawkins.

Pretty sweet resume:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

#3862 6 years ago

I am looking forward to seeing the more complete prototype to get a better feel for the game. I am still curious about the complete lighting package for the game. Have you had a version of the game out yet with the complete lighting (led's and flashers)? What type of lighting you you have in the back box- a 'stern' type fluorescent tube or are there controlled lights in there as well?

#3863 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Excuse me? What the hell man?

? Are you upset with me agreeing with you or the auto correction? All love on this side bro, no harm intended.

#3864 6 years ago

I am with you on this. Not a big deal to have a signed translite on the game.
Maybe the outlanes signed (cleared over of course) or like others have mentioned...a different translite for the ones that put it all down at once or a second signed translite.
What about for those that put all in they throe in a extra set of plastics or ramps?

#3865 6 years ago

Alternate Unmasked Predator Translite would do it for me.

#3866 6 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

Alternate Unmasked Predator Translite would do it for me.

Yeah that would do it for me too!

#3867 6 years ago

Ok so I have made my original deposit on my game a while back ($250)
Now do I need to make another $250 deposit minimum (level 1) Or is this optional at this time?

#3869 6 years ago

I'd like to see a list of rules.

#3870 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so I have made my original deposit on my game a while back ($250)
Now do I need to make another $250 deposit minimum (level 1) Or is this optional at this time?

all beyond the original $250 are optional

#3871 6 years ago

That's what I thought...

#3872 6 years ago

One way to generate a LOT of Pre-pays is to produce all Pre-payer games before those that chose not to Pre-pay.

The order of the Pre-pays would still be ordered based on original production number.

Being in the 200s, I would be more likely to Pre-pay if that meant I could jump the line over those that do not Pre-pay.

The incentives now for Pre-payment are not enticing to me.

Just a thought.

Marcus

#3873 6 years ago

Even though many have said for the Predator guys to steer clear of the JJP trap and not announce a date they expect to start shipping (because there are likely future delays coming they can't foresee right now) . . . I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

#3874 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Even though many have said for the Predator guys to steer clear of the JJP trap and not announce a date they expect to start shipping (because there are likely future delays coming they can't foresee right now) . . . I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

Although, I should clarify, I think the original deposit for everyone should be $500 and not $250 just because I think that looks in who all is buying better. I have no issue chipping in an extra $250...just not the full amount.

#3875 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

One way to generate a LOT of Pre-pays is to produce all Pre-payer games before those that chose not to Pre-pay.
The order of the Pre-pays would still be ordered based on original production number.
Being in the 200s, I would be more likely to Pre-pay if that meant I could jump the line over those that do not Pre-pay.

That would be efficient for sure, but could be a bit unfair for the first converts (and in contradiction to what was announced before).

I understand the Pre payment scheme and like it as long as it is optional. I hope Skit-B will collect enough money to proceed. I am not thrilled by the incentive, but I am wondering what a "sexy Skit-B T-shirt" might be... kind of scary

#3876 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's say a rough estimate would be welcome.

It might also be interesting to know which number we now have for production, as some spots have been freed.

Finally, some plan to make a grouped shipping to Europe would be welcome. I recently tried to get a quote to ship a Pin from Colorado to France. Believe me, the cost was prohibitive.

#3877 6 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Just a thought.
Marcus

That would be totally contradictory to what early supporters were told. From how SKit-B have conducted themselves throughout this project (class acts) I highly doubt they would consider doing this. Would be like taking people's money to cut in line just not the right way to go about it IMO.

#3878 6 years ago

Why the sudden panic about money? Everyone has known about this for a year now. Should you not have been saving in readiness?

#3879 6 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Why the sudden panic about money? Everyone has known about this for a year now. Should you not have been saving in readiness?

I'm perfectly calm, Dude.

#3880 6 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I'm calmer than rohypnol sloth man.

#3881 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

That would be totally contradictory to what early supporters were told. From how SKit-B have conducted themselves throughout this project (class acts) I highly doubt they would consider doing this. Would be like taking people's money to cut in line just not the right way to go about it IMO.

I could not have said it better Changing the rules after the fact would be poor taste and practice. I doubt these guys would do it and I am glad.

#3882 6 years ago

Overall, I'm still looking to see what this game will look like, rules, lights etc...

I believe that the early prototype video showd a lot of promise, but I'm still not seeing anything as complete as even Stern has shown with Metallica. (ie. a populated playfield with art).

There is no way I'm paying for this game in advance on the strength of the early art on an unpopulated PF.

Plus, I'd still like to know the rules. The rules are said to be revolutionary or at least one of the selling points, but I have no idea what they are or why they are different or better than other games.

#3883 6 years ago

Then plan on a trip to Allentown the first weekend of May and play it! I plan on it and can't wait to see how far its progressed.

Quoted from rai:

Overall, I'm still looking to see what this game will look like, rules, lights etc...
I believe that the early prototype video showd a lot of promise, but I'm still not seeing anything as complete as even Stern has shown with Metallica. (ie. a populated playfield with art).
There is no way I'm paying for this game in advance on the strength of the early art on an unpopulated PF.
Plus, I'd still like to know the rules. The rules are said to be revolutionary or at least one of the selling points, but I have no idea what they are or why they are different or better than other games.

#3884 6 years ago

I'd love to go to Allentown, unfortunately I can't. I have other things going on. Allentown or another pinball show would be ideal. Perfect world stuff.

If we can not come to the game, we need to rely on updates here, and preliminary rules could be told. Look at the Nemo thread, now with a summary of the rules, modes, goals of the game.

I am just pointing out that some people say they have no problem with pre-paying and that's fine. I am just saying for me, I'm not really feeling that can't miss vibe yet. Plan on seeing the real deal (or at least real life art and populated playfield pics) before I pay for it.

#3885 6 years ago

Took a year but fully saved. Going to need to see a vid and some people's opinions on the final build before I can go all in here, though.

And Rai, I think most of the modes and rules were complete in that November vid. Just missing a few of the intricasies like how hunt stacks with modes, and small things like that backhanded right flipper shot from the last vid.

What I mean is, I'm not sure there's that much more to "get."

#3886 6 years ago

I understand the boys need to raise cash, so if what they are offering is appealing than that is great. If some people want to pay additional deposit as part of the crowd funding, no problem there. I'm towards the end of the pack in production numbers anyways, but I would have a problem with offering line jumping as an incentive since it alters the original deal.

They haven't said they are doing this, but it's been thrown out there so I'm adding my opinion about it.

#3887 6 years ago

Rai > You should probably go spend sometime on the skitB website. Lots of videos and modes are shown. What has been shown so far is LEAPS and BOUNDS beyond what people have seen with MET. We have seen working prototypes, code, art, toys.

#3888 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Took a year but fully saved. Going to need to see a vid and some people's opinions on the final build before I can go all in here, though.
And Rai, I think most of the modes and rules were complete in that November vid. Just missing a few of the intricasies like how hunt stacks with modes, and small things like that backhanded right flipper shot from the last vid.
What I mean is, I'm not sure there's that much more to "get."

I'm more of a reading guy, I mean watching a video is different that a written overview or rules. For example, lets say CFTBL was a game I own, the rules were something like this: goal is to spell KISS. Each letter K I S S is awarded (thus and such....). spell kiss to get two ball multiball to find 'the girl' which is found in thus and such a way.

I am not trying to beat a dead horse and Kevin does not have to respond, it was just a request not a demand or anything. I was just saying I'd like to see rules in a written form, as well as what type of strategy such as stacking is different or what might set these rules apart from any other game on the market.

if someone here understand the rules from watching the videos and would like to list them that would be appreciated.

#3889 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

if someone here understand the rules from watching the videos and would like to list them that would be appreciated.

lol. Yeah you're going to have to wait for Skit B

#3890 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What has been shown so far is LEAPS and BOUNDS beyond what people have seen with MET. We have seen working prototypes, code, art, toys.

we have seen MET finished art, cab, playfield, and toys on the playfield. On Predator we have not seen anything close to a finished art (on a playfield) with toys on a playfield. What will the art look like with flippers and slingshot plastic?

we have seen MET as a finished product, what people will see when they open the MET box is what has been shown in the Stern pics. I can't even recall if the Predator cab has changed one bit from day one when Arnold's head was cut out by the start button.

#3891 6 years ago

I think this new payment plan is just an addition. If you don't want to do it, the half down when start, the other half before ship would still be good. Right?

#3892 6 years ago

I think MET gets done a little faster when the creators don't keep changing the designs to accomadate 100 people on the message boards.

That's why I say, take all the time in the world.

#3893 6 years ago

I don't mind the idea of the plan. Since pin #3 will be right at the front of production I was expecting to pony up some cash soon anyway. Maybe I'll do $1000 up front and get that sexy shirt

I like the little bit at a time approach. We're doing the same with JPOP's game. That pin would have been out of reach for me otherwise. I can also say that I have been able to do a lot of other smaller deals as a result of having my funds relatively free... and not have to tie my hands in anticipation of one game that I've put a ton of money down on.

See you guys in Allentown

#3894 6 years ago

OT:
Drano,
What's the status on BHZA I have been on the waiting list for that game for a while
Did JPOP call in the next progress payment yet?

#3895 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

we have seen MET finished art, cab, playfield, and toys on the playfield. On Predator we have not seen anything close to a finished art (on a playfield) with toys on a playfield. What will the art look like with flippers and slingshot plastic?
we have seen MET as a finished product, what people will see when they open the MET box is what has been shown in the Stern pics. I can't even recall if the Predator cab has changed one bit from day one when Arnold's head was cut out by the start button.

You know what won't be done on MET? The code.

#3896 6 years ago

OT:
Drano,
What's the status on BHZA I have been on the waiting list for that game for a while
Did JPOP call in the next progress payment yet?

If you're on the wait list you probably won't see any updates until there's a spot open.
JPOP has adjusted the payment schedule slightly, but the next installment is due in about a month (instead of April 1st).
I suspect the targeted completion is still Q1 2014... but don't quote me on that.
With only 99 spots plus the 25 cointaker editions, space will be tight... especially now that they are regularly sharing progress and images to the buyers. I don't imagine many will be pulling out at this stage... but keep on him. You may get lucky.

#3897 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

we have seen MET as a finished product

You have? Where is the video on the gameplay? ...or even the written rules. I've seen (and read) FAR more about Predator gameplay than I have seen / read about MET.

Quoted from rai:

I'm not really feeling that can't miss vibe yet.

Sounds to me like you *might* be a little more concerned about what the masses are going to think vs. what you personally think?

You've been exposed to a ton of (in progress) pics giving you an overview of the playfield design (and as Kevin has said, it's not going to change THAT much). You've seen the direction the toys are heading (sure, you haven't seen them ALL in thier final position on the final playfield yet, but again, you get the general idea). You can see the number of available shots and can watch various videos (directly off of their site) of gameplay which give you a pretty damn good feel for how the shots are going to flow and the rules will loosely work, not to mention hear a bunch of the audio callouts and see the DMD animations. As far as I'm concerned you've seen a TON more here than you've seen with MET - espeically in an area where it should matter most...gameplay!

Honestly, if you don't like it at this point, I'd say the chances are you're not going to. The good news is I think a bunch of people in line behind you will gladly fill your spot.

#3898 6 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Sounds to me like you *might* be a little more concerned about what the masses are going to think vs. what you personally think?

not exactly. Just saying it's a lot of cabbage. So far it has not 'bit me' so that *I* think it's a slam dunk. Just me. I don't want to start anything. Just playing the devils advocate (it looks good, but I have to see more).

#3899 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm more of a reading guy, I mean watching a video is different that a written overview or rules. I was just saying I'd like to see rules in a written form, as well as what type of strategy such as stacking is different or what might set these rules apart from any other game on the market.

This is a great idea, but more for the website than here on the forums. I doubt one would argue they wouldn't just get lost on here.

Quoted from rai:

I can't even recall if the Predator cab has changed one bit from day one when Arnold's head was cut out by the start button.

It has, we just didn't really see the point in redoing an entire cabinet to show "logistic" artwork changes

Quoted from rai:

I am just saying for me, I'm not really feeling that can't miss vibe yet. Plan on seeing the real deal (or at least real life art and populated playfield pics) before I pay for it.

You shouldn't be so reluctant to share information like this. This is in no way looked-down-upon, and conservative is always a good way to go about it. That's why the payment plan is totally optional. You've got your holding deposit in and you're on the list, so you can hold out until the very last second to make your final decision, comfortably knowing that your game isn't going anywhere until you make the call.

is this optional at this time?

Totally optional.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'd like to have a good idea of when they expect to ship before jumping in with more money.

The best way to say seems to be this: All of the last pieces are falling into place right now, and we expect to have the completed game very, very soon. All the while, we have been sourcing parts and getting affairs in order to get said parts ready to build. Once that all comes together, games will be going out, and we don't expect that to take more than a month or two to get started.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Would be like taking people's money to cut in line just not the right way to go about it IMO.

I could see how someone would think that would work, but yeah, we have to agree here, as well. Just to clarify, we won't be doing that

Quoted from sammiesguys:

This is probably the question I've gotten the most, and yes, there will definitely be extra translites available.

Quoted from navajas:

But wait, shit, do I really want to open that kind of LE crap? Maybe not.

Me neither.

I'd choose option level 4 if I had the full $4500 right now unless that means we can make payments to the $4500 till its paid off before my machine goes into production? It sounds like deposits instead of payments though

That's right. I get this one a lot, too. You can use the deposits over and over again if you like, doing whichever value you want until the time in which we would be building your game. If you catch up to it the day before, sweet, go for it. No stated end-date is exactly that: No stated end-date.

There will be another email going out sometime today better-explaining some of these things, as well. Just a heads up.

#3900 6 years ago

Way to add to the options available for everybody SkitB....Great move! You and Jpop both are creating quite the consumer experience.....

Quoted from Drano:

If you're on the wait list you probably won't see any updates until there's a spot open.
JPOP has adjusted the payment schedule slightly, but the next installment is due in about a month (instead of April 1st).
I suspect the targeted completion is still Q1 2014... but don't quote me on that.
With only 99 spots plus the 25 cointaker editions, space will be tight... especially now that they are regularly sharing progress and images to the buyers. I don't imagine many will be pulling out at this stage... but keep on him. You may get lucky.

End of Q1 is the "projected date" now but this is a work in progress and that could change as things develop.....and I would check again with Jpop right around the next pmt. due, June, and see what happens, I'm sure a few might drop out, but after seeing what I've seen I'm 1000% in....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.95
$ 17.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 259.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.00
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.95
$ 36.99
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 9.10
$ 89.99
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside