Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 143.
#3801 6 years ago

I think they are trying their best to get it there. Let's hope the timing is right!

#3802 6 years ago

light-hearted and R-rated are not exclusive.

Predator = R rated and gore

Plenty of other titles that are more on the funny side of the R-Rated spectrum.

I still personally hope that there is ZERO talk form Skit-B about title #2 untill we all have Predator in our hands.

#3803 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still personally hope that there is ZERO talk form Skit-B about title #2 untill we all have Predator in our hands.

I hear that. Also, in advance preparation that Predator becomes the smash hit we hope it will be(and Game 2 will have as much advance buzz as Metallica after ACDC)... Do those who bought a Predator have first crack at Game 2?

#3804 6 years ago

We asked about 'first dibbs' and at first Kevin said he was against it because it sounded like forced marketing (or something along those lines) but if we wanted it, they could probably accomodate and do it. I believe that we all pretty much said we'd at least like first option on game #, same machine # as Predator.

#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

light hearted does not necessarily imply <R rating.

This is very true

Quoted from musketd:

Will the game at PINFEST have the new playfield in it? With all the artwork?

It's about 50/50 right now. We're really pushing for it!

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Do those who bought a Predator have first crack at Game 2?

Uhh, see Blondetall's reply for now

To go retro by about a page and a half, the "payment options" email is about to go out in the next few minutes, and I think you guys will really like what we've come up with.

#3806 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

We asked about 'first dibbs' and at first Kevin said he was against it because it sounded like forced marketing (or something along those lines) but if we wanted it, they could probably accomodate and do it. I believe that we all pretty much said we'd at least like first option on game #, same machine # as Predator.

I'm honestly curious, is getting the same game number important to people? I guess it must be, as people got upset with the Hobbit pre-order situation. It's just not a priority for me at all. I guess I don't understand why it's meaningful to some people. Is it a superstition thing? Like if the numbers match it will be good luck?

#3807 6 years ago

Everybody has a favorite number for one reason or another. It's just nice to have that number on a machine. ...at least, for me.
...5 is my favorite number...

#3808 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I'm honestly curious, is getting the same game number important to people? I guess it must be, as people got upset with the Hobbit pre-order situation. It's just not a priority for me at all. I guess I don't understand why it's meaningful to some people. Is it a superstition thing? Like if the numbers match it will be good luck?

It'd just be cool to have two (or more?) SkitB pins next to each other all with the same number. Not a deal breaker for me, but it'd be kind of neat.

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Not me. My number, 166, wasn't on my list. I'd go after one of my original but already taken requests.

My God. I hope I don't have any interest in #2. :-/

#3810 6 years ago

two words....'Smokey And the Bandit', er...'Cannonball Run'!

#3811 6 years ago

I don't care about numbers, just the kismet of having the same number for multiple games. It would be cool, but definitely not worth paying extra for.

#3812 6 years ago

I do not care about my game # for the second pin. However, what I do care about is getting first right of refusal on the second pin for production slot.

In other words... if I like the next title and want to purchase, I would like to be offered my produciton slot prior to non-predator owners being able to jump in ahead of me.

I have been in for the ride for Predator and would like a similar slot for the next (assuming the next will also be in a limited enough number that slots will sell out).

#3813 6 years ago

Question regarding the 'payment options' email:

You say that for 4500 that the machine will be completely paid for. Is this a final confirmation that the price will be $4750? Or, is one of the benefits of this level that you are locking in the price?

#3814 6 years ago

You got the email already??

#3815 6 years ago

They may be worried more about the speculators who would lock in pin 2 with no intention of buying it, driving up the prices and upsetting those who really wanted it?

#3816 6 years ago

Dang! Thats a classic for sure.

#3817 6 years ago

I got the e-mail. My question is: When is the cut-off for deciding which payment tier we want to go with?

#3818 6 years ago

Nothing here yet. Anyone else get it??

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Nothing here yet. Anyone else get it??

Got mine about 30 min ago

#3821 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Haven't seen it on mine Ted

me neither

#3822 6 years ago

Can somebody paste it here...or is it private?

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Goonies never say DIE!

THIS IS OUR TIME, OUR TIME!!!.

BOOOBIE TRAPS!!!!

Dude I would buy it just for "Chunk love Sloth" multiball.

Oh Navajas we understand dude, let it out let your hate of Goonies out. Me personally I saw it at 12-13 I was like the same age as stars and a BMX wonderkid so all the biking and adventure spoke to my heart. I do not like it as much as I did as a kid but watching my 12 year old brother watch it last week reminded me you need to see the film at the right age for it to create nostalgia.

As a adult I would have hated it as a passion.

I know to much goonies but here is my original "one sheet" movie poster with awesome skull frame. In my kitchen for all to see.

#3824 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You got the email already??

Yup.

Quoted from spfxted:

Can somebody paste it here...or is it private?

I do not think it is private, so hopefully Kevin does not get upset, but here you go:

Good evening once again, Predator pre-owners. Many of you have expressed interest in ways to ease the financial load involved in acquiring a brand new pinball machine, or ways to schedule your deposits to perhaps acquire another machine in the interim while we are manufacturing your Predator, so we have devised a way to help make that happen. As we approach production, you could also imagine that this will help us keep costs down and manufacturing time as low as possible, as well, so we have added a few minor "incentives" to working towards your game early. Please keep in mind that all of these options are completely optional and voluntary, and any deposit made through this system will go directly and 100% towards your machine!

Level 1: By sending a $250 deposit, your machine will arrive with an autographed flyer for the game tucked neatly inside!

Level 2: With a deposit of $1000 or more, you will find a sexy, limited Skit-B Pinball t-shirt inside that will only ever be available to pre-owners who have chosen this option or higher. Of course, you will find the autographed flyer, as well!

Level 3: $2250 will cover half the projected value of the final machine. Along with the two other incentives above, your Predator will ship with a very limited edition poster to proudly adorn your game room wall!

Level 4: $4500. This will cover the entire projected value of the final machine. If you were to choose this option, not only will you find ALL of the above-mentioned goodies nestled safely inside your game, but when you stand the head up for the first time you will see the translite brightly adorned with the signatures of the designers. There will be no other translites ever signed in the same fashion, showing that you were truly one of the earliest and most dedicated adopters of the revival of pinball!

If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please point your web browsers to the address below and use the drop-down menu to select a level. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, as always, feel free to email me directly at kevin@skitbpinball.com. Thank you all for being a part of this monumental undertaking!
<edited>

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Not sure Skit-B wants this link provided to the general public.

#3826 6 years ago

pics

2013-04-22_13.18.30.jpg 2013-04-22_13.18.39.jpg

#3827 6 years ago

So the price of the game ...oh, never mind! I thought it was $4500, but we already sent $250....duh!

#3828 6 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I do not think it is private, so hopefully Kevin does not get upset, but here you go:

Ok...who's gonna start the Poll to see who's going with what option...

#3829 6 years ago

Wonder how long this offer will go on for? I might be up for the $1000 level.

#3830 6 years ago

I received the email.....
Is there any word on the video update?
I think my "choice" will depend largely on what I see next!

#3831 6 years ago

my choice depends on what is at Allentown

#3832 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do not care about my game # for the second pin. However, what I do care about is getting first right of refusal on the second pin for production slot.
In other words... if I like the next title and want to purchase, I would like to be offered my produciton slot prior to non-predator owners being able to jump in ahead of me.
I have been in for the ride for Predator and would like a similar slot for the next (assuming the next will also be in a limited enough number that slots will sell out).

I feel the same way +1

#3833 6 years ago

I don't care about serial numbers, but I think a first shot at #2 for all current owners would be fair. Like a 2 week advance order window or something.

Or like Jack had once promised, order forms for game #2 come inside the goodie bag of game 1.

I believe skit-b has said they plan on boosting their production numbers in the future though, so the 250 won't be the case every time. Sounds like they plan to take it passed boutique.

#3834 6 years ago

Sent via email instead...

#3835 6 years ago

I really don't think the link and email should have been posted here, they'll probably get a bunch of people sending deposits that aren't even on the pre-order list, and have to refund money. Huge hassle not to mention they might have to pay fees on that regardless? No idea, just doesn't seem smart.

#3836 6 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I really don't think the link and email should have been posted here, they'll probably get a bunch of people sending deposits that aren't even on the pre-order list, and have to refund money. Huge hassle not to mention they might have to pay fees on that regardless? No idea, just doesn't seem smart.

It says right on that page not to send money unless you are on the list and received the email regarding this. Would people really not read before sending $250+ to them?

#3837 6 years ago

I'd choose option level 4 if I had the full $4500 right now unless that means we can make payments to the $4500 till its paid off before my machine goes into production? It sounds like deposits instead of payments though

#3838 6 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

my choice depends on what is at Allentown

Not bad thinking there...

#3839 6 years ago

I think the matching number thing was more for those that care about that, and wasn't set in stone by any means. Heck, they may not even number the next run since to my understanding it will be more than 250. Some of us came in late to the party and were just happy to get any number, but some have their special number and they wanted to possibly be able to get a matching set. Mostly we were asking at the time because we wanted first right of refusal on the second game. To my understanding, and since he hasn't ellaborated on it at this time, we're hopefully getting first right of refusal but the numbers thing will be figured out eventually.

(Also, I re-watched the first 2 seasons of LOST this weekend, so all this talk about the numbers is cracking me up. I feel like I should be chanting "4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42..." or yelling "The numbers are bad!!!!")

#3840 6 years ago

lost-numbers.jpg

#3841 6 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I really don't think the link and email should have been posted here,

Well I guess it's ok as it's just been posted on the Predator Info Thread...

#3842 6 years ago

If you are going to post the above, can you at least remove the link so that people don't actually start clicking on it? If they stumble across it on the website is one thing but seeing it right there is another.

#3843 6 years ago

It all seems great to me.

Before I commit a bunch o' money I would like to see a revised build order and some timing as to when my machine could be built. I know things change but a ton has happened since the last time I received an estimate.

Cheers

#3844 6 years ago

Those same numbers are engraved on this strange hatch in my back yard... I've never been able to get it open.

#3845 6 years ago

Thanks Dude Abides for removing the link.

#3846 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Those same numbers are engraved on this strange hatch in my back yard... I've never been able to get it open.

But what happens if you don't press the button once inside?

#3847 6 years ago

Just paid for Level 4!

Getting close! I'm good paying up front now I'm not tempted to spend it on Metallica!

"Stick Around"

#3848 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

It says right on that page not to send money unless you are on the list and received the email regarding this. Would people really not read before sending $250+ to them?

Yep, they would. You'd be surprised how many people don't read sh*t. I can attest to how many people sent me Paypal money for Pinball on a Stick crap even when it was already sold out.

#3849 6 years ago
Quoted from cmproductions:

Getting close! I'm good paying up front now I'm not tempted to spend it on Metallica!

Good plan! I'm gonna play the game at Pinfest and then decide which Level to go with.

#3850 6 years ago

I don't see a deadline on the email... I am probably just going to take Level 4 but I really want to see one more major update before I do, and not sure when the option "expires".

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Singer Pinball Designs
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 14.95
Various Novelties
Allteksystems
$ 199.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
$ 239.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 999.00
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside