Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 143.
#3751 6 years ago

Well I'm definitely going to Pinfest now. Room reserved.

#3752 6 years ago

Cool, thanks for explaining it a bit Kevin.

#3753 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Cool, thanks for explaining it a bit Kevin.

Yep explains much more....OK when do you want my money?

#3754 6 years ago

You guys should go on Shark Tank, tell them you need money to fulfill orders. That would be a riot.

I'm totally serious .

#3755 6 years ago

I would like to pay for my game in daily increments of pi.

#3756 6 years ago

money.gif

#3757 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

we have been working on something of a "payment plan

Im fine with a payment plan. 500 a month? I would have it paid by Christmas. I too am in for the long haul so Im not worried about backing out with my money. Ive seen enough of the game that I know it will be a keeper. Im also interested in an extra playfield if they are available?

#3758 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Yep explains much more....OK when do you want my money?

We'll send out an email to everyone in a few days once we figure out all the specifics.

Quoted from frolic:

You guys should go on Shark Tank, tell them you need money to fulfill orders. That would be a riot.

It would be a blast just to meet Kevin O'Leary.

Quoted from jonnyo:

I would like to pay for my game in daily increments of pi.

Imaginary numbers get imaginary games ;-P

Beat Ted to the gifs? He must still be hung over from his 100k party!

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Im fine with a payment plan. 500 a month? I would have it paid by Christmas.

Booya!

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Im also interested in an extra playfield if they are available?

Not sure yet, but we'll have more info on that pretty soon.

#3759 6 years ago

Just a thought... I like that you guys are sticking to things as original as I know many respect that business style.

However, I also understand the desire to raise more capital to help with production of scale (i.e. making 250 wireforms once cost less per piece than making 50 wireforms 5 times.) Have you thought about offering an incentive or option that many people would be all for and could also raise some more capital? Something like >> pay an additional $500 now for an add on topper for your game. This may make the topper guys happy since they get a topper and also get you some cash.

Or an even better idea?? >> Pay an additional $XXX now to have the shaker pre-installed in your game. This may work really well as you would not have to buy the shakers till VERY late in the process and you could likely source them for a discount and then make a little extra cash by selling that add-on to your customers that actually want a shaker.

#3760 6 years ago

Beat Ted to the gifs? He must still be hung over from his 100k party!

True!

drinking08.gif

#3761 6 years ago

Key Kevin....to make it easy...if you need something done in bulk...I don't think anyone here would not want to put in another $250 or even $500. Then keep the plan the same. (I'll buy my own Topper and don't want a Shaker Motor)

#3762 6 years ago

Lots of good ideas here...

#3763 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have you thought about offering an incentive or option that many people would be all for and could also raise some more capital?

Yeah, but not with items like that; I think that would painfully close to "options from the factory." Maybe autographed translites or something? I dunno, thinking out loud in a public forum might not be the best way to handle this subject. Then again, we will certainly see some reactions, so have at it

Quoted from spfxted:

I don't think anyone here would not want to put in another $250 or even $500. Then keep the plan the same.

I love your enthusiasm on the subject, but if I signed on for a game knowing a 1/2 and 1/2 monetary schedule and got asked for two different deposits, I wouldn't necessarily pull out, but I know I wouldn't be thrilled about it, either. We were already hesitant on the first batch of deposits we had to do, but it was definitely necessary for more than just monetary reasons. If it has to happen in the future, we can't be 100% certain, but openly amongst colleagues, I will say that we are avoiding it if it is at all possible.

#3764 6 years ago

I prefer things to stay the same as they are/have been from when I laid down my original deposit.

That said, other seem happy to put in a bigger deposit to help things along.

It sounds like the best thing to do is OFFER a payment plan. It sounds like some would enjoy that and it even sounds like others would maybe even pay a large chunk.

I say provide a few different options for the payment plan.

1. No thanks, I will stay with the 1/2 at start of production and 1/2 at pickup agreement.
2. Yes, I would like to pay an additional $250 deposit towards my total of $4750
2. Yes, I would like to pay an additional $500 deposit towards my total of $4750
3. Yes, I would like to pay an additional $2250 deposit towards my total of $4750

As long as it is an option to pay more deposit then there should not be a backlash.
I am guessing that this will get you some more $$$ to work with from the faithful that also have the spare cash now and at the same time it will hopefully keep folks from ramping up 'demands' for dates, changes, update schedule.

#3765 6 years ago

Maybe autographed translites or something?

Im not so sure autographed translites are such a good idea after what happened with star wars. Reading the thread tags alone should make people wary.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/signed-de-star-wars-estimated-value

#3767 6 years ago

When You Do send out the Emails Will you include The Build #and Pin# and Name so we know you have the right Person Ect,Ect, and to let us know in case we were only told one of the two numbers relevant to the purchase along with said payment option? Thanks and Much respect for the Fast response

#3768 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

When You Do send out the Emails Will you include The Build #and Pin# and Name so we know you have the right Person Ect,Ect, and to let us know in case we were only told one of the two numbers relevant to the purchase along with said payment option?

This is a pretty good idea, as well.

Quoted from sammiesguys:Im not so sure autographed translites are such a good idea after what happened with Star Wars.

Oh, my, those thread tags made my whole day.

Quoted from Whysnow:

it will hopefully keep folks from ramping up 'demands' for dates, changes, update schedule.

That's true, too. There's still a lot to be seen as we keep getting in finished stuff every few days. We're just waiting on a printed playfield (which is waiting on finished artwork) and one mechanism to come back before the last prototype is done!

#3769 6 years ago

If you need some extra loot, let me know while I still have cash in my paypal account. If you want I can send it over as a gift so you dont get dinged fees. Just make sure it gets applied to proper person

#3770 6 years ago

Oh, my, those thread tags made my whole day.

You should read that entire thread, from post one through the end. Truly and epic thread with all kinds of plot twists and turns. The only sad part is the OP hasn't returned since the final twist.

#3771 6 years ago

SkitBPinball
Can you make it out to the Houston Arcade Expo Nov 8th and 9th to talk about game #2?

www.arcadecenter.com

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Now payment plan? Didn't see any information on the Predator updates about this.

Man I am on vacation give me a day or two to put this stuff up cut the dude some slack.

#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

SkitBPinball
Can you make it out to the Houston Arcade Expo Nov 8th and 9th to talk about game #2?
http://www.arcadecenter.com

Man, that would be AWESOME!!!!! I remember they took donations to make it out to another show that was far from them. Perhaps us locals can get a pool going if that would be the place they would announce the theme for game number two? I'd toss in $100 for their flights happily; we'd raise the doe easily.

#3774 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You should read that entire thread, from post one through the end. Truly and epic thread with all kinds of plot twists and turns. The only sad part is the OP hasn't returned since the final twist.

I plan to. I read only a few posts at the beginning, then a few posts towards the end, and there is quite wild "distance" between the two. That suggests a pretty wild ride in the middle

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

An interesting idea. If game #2 is far enough along, of course, and Predator is still running smoothly

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I remember they took donations to make it out to another show that was far from them. Perhaps us locals can get a pool going

Wow, I really appreciate such a thought, thank you! Back in October we were surely broke, but thinking ahead about production costs certainly doesn't mean that we're out of money already

#3776 6 years ago

I am going to wear one of these any time I play predator

http://nlo-moto.ru/en

#3777 6 years ago

Its Friday. We need a Predator update.

How about a sneak peak at the UV layer?

#3778 6 years ago

Come to Pinfest...

#3779 6 years ago

Come to NERG in the UK

www.northeastretrogaming.com

#3781 6 years ago

UV..UV..UV...UV...UV...

Not that im begging, but show us some UVeeee.

Jason
#192, #201

#3782 6 years ago

Plenty of options!

12341_181709978646388_1899894174_n.jpg

#3783 6 years ago

Going to post once every hour until we see a significant update.

#3784 6 years ago

Those helmets are rad! Fairly pricey though?

#3785 6 years ago

$800 iirc.

#3786 6 years ago

Me and a couple buddies were chatting about yalls pin number two or three today. A Roman theme would rock and you guys really seem to be the only group interested in "R" rated stuff. What would y'all think about a Spartacus pinball machine?

Talk about a lot of material and characters to pull from.

#3787 6 years ago

I am not sure the next one will be "R" rated. Spartacus could be very good, personally I am pulling for The Goonies!

Jason
#192, #201

#3788 6 years ago

Happy April 20. Late as usual.

Coming up on the end of July.

Salivating. Kinda

#3789 6 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I am not sure the next one will be "R" rated.

I thought they said the next one would be in a light hearted vein....

#3790 6 years ago

I think Goonies would be great as well...

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

I think Goonies would be great as well...

I am in on Goonies...my wife loves that movie. Hey you guys.

#3792 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought Goonies was crap when I was eight or whatever when it came out, but now that I'm almost 40 I think it was, crap. My friend has said that I've been a cranky old man since I was 10.

Also, light hearted does not necessarily imply <R rating. For instance, you know, Orgazmo. Just sayin'.

#3793 6 years ago

Rocky road!

#3794 6 years ago

Blazing saddles?

image.jpg

#3795 6 years ago

Goonies never say DIE!

#3796 6 years ago

Would be awesome, but I highly doubt it would find much of a market. Haha. Oh my god, can you imagine the call outs? I know it's on HDNET a lot, but, I just don't know if society today is mature enough to "get it".

I couldn't own it just yet. Hard to explain that kind of thing to seven and four year old boys, but I'd certainly seek it out if only to play Number 6 Multiball.

#3797 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I hope they stick with adult theme'd games. JJP and Stern are going for the family crowd. The Predator boys should stick with the R themes. Of course, something like Orgasmo is light hearted.

Spartacus would make for awesome pinball though. Just think of the dots on the DMD.

#3798 6 years ago

I couldn't own it just yet. Hard to explain that kind of thing to seven and four year old boys, but I'd certainly seek it out if only to play Number 6 Multiball.

Hey navajas...I bet most of us were close to 7 years old when this came out and look how all of us turned out....haha....maybe you have a good point.

#3799 6 years ago

predator_rage.gif

#3800 6 years ago

Kevin,
Will the game at PINFEST have the new playfield in it? With all the artwork?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Plastics
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.95
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 49.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside