View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 143.
#3601 11 years ago

Will Predator be using any of the musical score from the movie at all?

#3602 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Most recently I caught our name come up in an interview with Dennis Nordman on the Pinball411.com

Thanks Kevin!

#3603 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

yeah, from what I understand all the music is from the movie

#3604 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Only all of it.

EDIT: Oops beat me to it.

#3605 11 years ago

I took note of the music last night when I watched it. VERY nice score!

#3606 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I took note of the music last night when I watched it. VERY nice score!

Even though I think Predator contains the perfect storm of each actor's best performance of their careers, I'd still dispense with any of them, even Arnold, before I'd change the score. Without that score and sound design it's not even close to the same movie.

#3607 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Without that score and sound design it's not even close to the same movie.

I agree!

#3608 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is there much left to reveal? I know we have yet to see the completed prototype machine.
Maybe:
-Cabinet and backglass artwork? The art has been the same since their earliest prototype.
-Any more toys? Interactive ones?
They expect to go to production in a few months, so I'm thinking we've seen pretty much all the pieces at this point. If this is incorrect, maybe skit-b can let us know there is more to come.

I want more info on the UV part of the PF. Will the whole game go dark except for the UV lights? What is going to be painted to be seen under the UV lights? etc, etc...

#3609 11 years ago

This happens to me every now and then. Most recently I caught our name come up in an interview with Dennis Nordman on the Pinball411. Which article are you talking about?

This was the article i was referencing:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/will-the-metallica-table-help-pinball-ride-the-lightning-to-relevance/

#3610 11 years ago

I had to give love to Skit-B!

(I've been happy to see how many Pinsiders are Ars readers lately though.)

#3611 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is there much left to reveal? I know we have yet to see the completed prototype machine.

A know things are very busy but personally don't think we've seen that much considering its only a month or two until production.Just little pics of odd things here and there in what seems like very early prototypey stages,for example,the lack of fancy mechanics for the swinging body.

Just a bit worried more with what's under the glass.The lighting,ramps,above etc etc seem so far away and the playfield still looks so bare (to me)

#3612 11 years ago

Did not get the newsletter or confirmation of deposit made. Zip.

#3613 11 years ago

Sometimes it takes a while. If they asked you for a deposit and you made it, you should be ok.

#3614 11 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth. Metallica has countless fans, but Megadeth fans know what's up. Spinal Tap is pretty awesome too, but they're so weird and funny that I think it would end up playing out like a backstage pass to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or something

This makes me respect you guys even more if thats possible. Megadeth pin would be awesome.

#3615 11 years ago

I saw Megadeth open up for Rob Zombie last May. I love both of those bands. A Rob Zombie pinball is another dream pinball for me. Imagine Robots, monsters, zombies, boobies and fire while playing Thunderkiss, More Human than Human Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, Spookshow Baby, Meet the Creeper or hell...just the entire Hillbilly Deluxe CD.

Dragula.gifDragula.gif Dragula2.gifDragula2.gif Phantom_Creep.gifPhantom_Creep.gif

#3616 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

magine Robots, monsters, zombies, boobies, fire playing Thunderkiss, More Human than Human Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, Spookshow Baby, Meet the Creeper or hell...just the entire Hillbilly Deluxe CD.

Sounds like my gameroom!

#3617 11 years ago

Yeah, White Zombie would be awesome. Since Metallica has apparently just shouldered in on the Roth thing you could basically swap the translite, change the music and go.

EDIT: Oh, and turn the cross bash toy upside down. Ha.

#3618 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I saw Megadeth open up for Rob Zombie last May. I love both of those bands. A Rob Zombie pinball is another dream pinball for me. Imagine Robots, monsters, zombies, boobies and fire while playing Thunderkiss, More Human than Human Dragula, Superbeast, Living Dead Girl, Spookshow Baby, Meet the Creeper or hell...just the entire Hillbilly Deluxe CD.

I saw White Zombie open for Pantera about 15 years ago. Best concert I've ever been to.

#3619 11 years ago

I was always a bigger astro creep fan. WZ would make a hell of a pin. Zombie could do the art himself

#3620 11 years ago

I would go totally ape shit for a Rob/White Zombie pin

#3621 11 years ago

I would be all in for a Rob Zombie Pin!!!!!

#3622 11 years ago

Michael Jackson Thriller Pin!

#3623 11 years ago

I know we talked about this a year ago. Has it been stated if any of the music from predator is gonna be in the pin?

#3626 11 years ago

Look back a page or 2, i think everything is gonna be from the movie....right?

#3627 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I know we talked about this a year ago. Has it been stated if any of the music from Predator is gonna be in the pin?

It's going to be many of the musical scores from the film including Long Tall Sally for Multi-Ball Super Jackpots. A different score for each mode is what I remember all taken from the film.

#3628 11 years ago

Thanks Dude!

#3629 11 years ago

Just check out the 20 minute video! Basically all that music has been finishex ingame for a while

#3630 11 years ago

LTS is what I wanted to hear!!! I didnt know that it was for sure!

#3631 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

LTS is what I wanted to hear!!! I didnt know that it was for sure!

They have the rights to the property's entire catalog. It's really pretty remarkable.

#3632 11 years ago

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but will the game have the music from the movie in it?

It was good to get the details on the newly announced cabinet. It looks great. I'm glad to see it has the WPC style stainless hardware. I did notice that it says *not for commercial use*. I wonder what they mean by that...

Brian

#3633 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I did notice that it says *not for commercial use*.

What does?

#3634 11 years ago

I looked. Can't find it.

#3635 11 years ago

I am guessing "not for commercial use" is in reference to the example virtuapin cab.

the answer is then >> that is merely an example cab and if you were to purchase a virtuapin form the predator cab maker, the vpin is not for commercial use.

#3637 11 years ago

+1 for Megadeath pin!

#3638 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

A Rob Zombie pinball is another dream pinball for me.

No we are (at least) two... Rob Zombie could be great.

But should'nt we have a different thread for Skit-B's next pins/themes? This one should be focussed on Predator, no?

#3639 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

This one should be focussed on Predator

#3640 11 years ago

If anything said not for commercial use, it would be the VirtuaPin itself. The measurements are a bit different from the Predator, as well. If you'd like, I have a sample cab here that was built specifically for us and I could toss up a picture or two.

#3641 11 years ago

If anything said not for commercial use, it would be the VirtuaPin itself. The measurements are a bit different from the Predator, as well. If you'd like, I have a sample cab here that was built specifically for us and I could toss up a picture or two.

Please do. The more stuff to see the better as far as I go. Thanks!

#3642 11 years ago

Seriously, you are asking if we want to see pics. OF COURSE MAN!

#3643 11 years ago

Pics Pics Pics!

#3644 11 years ago

A little sideboob while we wait...

ajustinbiebersideboob.2.jpgajustinbiebersideboob.2.jpg

#3645 11 years ago

Looks like Duck Hunt has gotten noticed outside the pinball world

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/13/duck-hunt-pinball-machine-unites-analog-and-pc/

#3646 11 years ago

A little sideboob while we wait...

Justin Boober?

Looks like Duck Hunt has gotten noticed outside the pinball world

Yes, this Duck Hunt has really been making some rounds out there on the internet. I've gotten so many random emails, calls and even texts about it (who gave my number out?! lol) it blows my mind. Also, the youtube video has over 6000 views right now, putting it second only to our first whitewood Predator clip. It seems as though people really like the way we waste our time

The more stuff to see the better as far as I go.

you are asking if we want to see pics.

Pics Pics Pics!

Ok, but there is a little disclaimer here: First, PREDATOR CABS WILL NOT BE BLUE. Secondly, I just stood up and took some pics as it stands in my garage. These photos really don't do the cab justice, but you can get a good idea of the build quality and layout of how everything is put together.

WP_000087.jpgWP_000087.jpg WP_000086.jpgWP_000086.jpg WP_000084.jpgWP_000084.jpg

#3648 11 years ago

The fan a standard for the final build too? Cab looks tight like a tiger!

#3649 11 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth. Metallica has countless fans, but Megadeth fans know what's up. Spinal Tap is pretty awesome too, but they're so weird and funny that I think it would end up playing out like a backstage pass to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or something

For some reason I could picture you guys doing Primus.

Actually, what would be pretty darn good would be if ya'll snagged the license for South Park and did that theme right . . . you could do it as a partial/hybrid music pin since they have so many songs from their movie and TV show. South Park would be an awesome theme and giving it a musical twist would be pretty freaking cool.

(Plus you could toss in a song or two from Orgasmo if you did South Park.)

#3650 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

The fan a standard for the final build too?

Yep. We haven't had any heat issues with the new power supply yet, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

For some reason I could picture you guys doing Primus.

I'm deep within the minority on this, especially with my group, but I really can't stand Primus I dunno how well a "Sailing the Seas of Cheese Multiball" would go over, either

Quoted from TigerLaw:

you could do it as a partial/hybrid music pin since they have so many songs from their movie and TV show. South Park would be an awesome theme and giving it a musical twist would be pretty freaking cool.

I'm with you on this one. The best of South Park was the movie, and the musical aspects of it were (and still are) too funny.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Plus you could toss in a song or two from Orgasmo

Oh, how I wish there was a market for Orgazmo. Probably in my top 5 favorites of all time. I could come up with so many ideas for an Orgazmo table that I just can't share here because to even call them by name would get the mods on me pretty hard for language

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.