View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 143.
#3551 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.

Shaker motors are more important for some themes than others; I totally agree. That said, shakers are one of the few non-optic add ons you can do for a pinball machine (literally the only other non0optic add on you can do is an improved sound system). In my mind, ANYTHING that gives extra feedback to a player is great, few things give as much feedback as a shaker.

While I agree that you guys shouldn't incur the cost of installing them, having the game wired and drilled for them is super handy as most people who buy NIB games buy shakers too . . . at least that is my observation.

#3552 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, having to hit a ramp shot 37 times (in a row) could get tedious.

Would the ramp have a figure of his girlfriends mouth so you have to shoot it up there 37 times? ("in a row")

#3553 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Would the ramp have a figure of his girlfriends mouth so you have to shoot it up there 37 times? ("in a row")

One time it'll shoot back at you

#3554 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

One time it'll shoot back at you

Touche' my friend

#3555 10 years ago

That's what we need a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back pin. Was gonna say Clerks, clerks 2 or MallRats but those titles wouldn't make as good pins I don't think.

What the <edited> is the internet?!?

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Profanity.

#3556 10 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

What the <edited> is the internet?!?

You must be blind as anne frank dude

#3557 10 years ago

Was gonna say Clerks

Funny you bring that up now, as I think it would have the most appropriate mini-playfield: A little playfield on top of the building to play hockey.

#3558 10 years ago

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.

Hey Kevin, not to pester you on this subject (but your post and my post above got me thinking), are you guys planning to pre-drill the holes for those of us that plan to install the shakers? I assumed since earlier you guys said it would be coded for a shaker that you would also pre-drill for it, but then it occurred to me that ya'll never actually said that. Thanks in advance for your response.

#3559 10 years ago

Funny you bring that up now, as I think it would have the most appropriate mini-playfield: A little playfield on top of the building to play hockey.

Totally agree!! I've been saying this in all the "what is your dream pin" threads. Clerks is definitely on my list. Easily my favorite movie. How cool would a black and white pin be?!?!

Shoe polish in the goodie bag. Gum jammed in the coin door lock! (ok just kidding) When the game starts up "I'm not even supposed to be here today."

If you ever seriously wanted to do a Clerks pin, we could probably hash out the whole playfield and modes in less than an hour. Such a great theme for a pin.

#3560 10 years ago

SKITB I like how you think about mini playfields and Clerks in general. Not sure how a black/white playfield would look.

Sorry dude Firefly or Fifth Element the latter should easy to obtain rights for. Lee Loo Dallas Multipass/Multiball..

Sorry I promise not to do this again, more predator, more blood and more carnage and guns big GUNS!

#3561 10 years ago

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park,

Volcano could use one may be ?

Mini-playfield: Ted's a little off on this one, as I actually really love mini-playfields, if done right.

I love them too, provided they are playable and do not occupy too much real estate for the major PF. The transparent ones found for example on WPT, Farfalla, PinballChamp are great. Not a big fan of single flipper upper PF such as WH2O or BK, or "separated flippers" as in Haunted House.

Multiple Flippers: Again, it has to do with how useful the added flipper(s) is (are).
(...) Using Guns n Roses as an example, the upper flipper only exists to make that inner loop and a side-shot into the Axl scoop

Right, agreed for GnR. Always wondered why this upper left flipper was there.

#3562 10 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You must be blind as anne frank dude

Thats sightist.

#3563 10 years ago

Maui Wowie - ridiculously funny. Further proof that pointless, clueless movies do add value to this world. Can't wait to see this machine and give a whirl. So happy to see ppl sticking their necks out to create something special.

#3564 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree, that Dillon does not look like Carl Weathers (looks like John Amos) and agree his left cheek looks funny. I also noticed his eyes are crossed. I mean his right eye is looking at his nose and his left eye is looking straight ahead.

Yep looks like he's copping a sneaky prostate examination.... 8^o

#3565 10 years ago

Seems a lot of people don't like the way Arnold is drawn and the proportions etc, but no one mentioned Carl Weathers, If I didn't know he was in the movie, I would never think that was Carl Weathers, can the artist do anything to improve that on the next edit?

P.S , (only in a very few games, but in most games)
I think toppers are stupid
I think colored trim is stupid
I think shaker motors are stupid

#3566 10 years ago

@ Skit-B, I sent an email through just over a week ago. I know you guys have been busy and i am in no rush for a reply i just wanted to send a reminder.

Thanks.

#3567 10 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I think toppers are stupid
I think colored trim is stupid
I think shaker motors are stupid

Thanks for your stupid opinion...

#3568 10 years ago

Is there any chance you'll have an overlay printed and installed on your game to show at Allentown? I've had translites printed at sign companies for $80 or less (so a pf image wouldn't be much more) and it would give you an opportunity to see how the lighting looks with the playfield art and the package will really take shape.

#3569 10 years ago

Nice! Things YOU don't like are stupid. ??

#3570 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

are you guys planning to pre-drill the holes for those of us that plan to install the shakers?

I'll talk to Noah about it today. Remind me to get back with you on that.

Quoted from jlm33:

Volcano could use one may be ?

Like the old Gottlieb Volcano? Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Quoted from Cursed:

I sent an email through just over a week ago

I'll be replying to all of my emails tonight and tomorrow. Yes, we have been busy, but I don't want to slip back into the "few months for a reply" scenario again.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is there any chance you'll have an overlay printed and installed on your game to show at Allentown?

No overlays or anything like that. It's either going to be the brand new one or the one we had at MPE, depending on how quickly we can get this thing thrown together after getting a proper playfield in. If we have updated playfield art but the newest game isn't done, we'll definitely bring a new print of it with us.

#3571 10 years ago

If we have updated playfield art but the newest game isn't done, we'll definitely bring a new print of it with us.

Sweet!!

#3572 10 years ago

I spoke with Ivan the Allentown promoter and he has not herd from u guys yet. He said space is limited and needs to here from you guy soon.

#3573 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I spoke with Ivan the Allentown promoter and he has not herd from u guys yet. He said space is limited and needs to here from you guy soon.

This makes me laugh. Vaguely familiar (or very familiar) when they said (multiple times and not just on Pinside) they were coming to TPF. I'd hold my bets.

#3574 10 years ago

we have a tentative list of upcoming shows we will be going to.

From me on page 47. We spend literally every day working on this game, whether it is software or hardware related, or even contracting or business appointments. We also only keep one operating prototype, so as to not spend your money foolishly. This means that a good amount of the time, the machine is in unplayable condition or tore down to some extent. It's always a cram to get everything together for a show, and sometimes it just can't happen. The game is already in pieces yet again just a few days after the Michigan expo, with many of the parts being sent out to be reproduced for production. We will, of course, be getting those parts back, and there SHOULD be enough time to at least reassemble the same machine you're used to seeing before Allentown, or, in a perfect world, get the new one finished. We love going out to expos and shows, and honestly we'd go to all of them, if we could, but there's always a chance that we just can't make it. Allentown is no different, Colorado is no different, Michigan is no different, and Texas is no different. We missed a lot of people at TPF this year, and we know we let a lot of people down by not being able to show up, but in the end it will all be reflected in the final product that is this game. We have it pretty good right now, being able to go all over the country to pinball expos to hang out with fellow pinheads and show what we've been working on, but in the end, we are afforded this awesome luxury because of the game we're making, and that HAS to come first.

#3575 10 years ago

because of the game we're making, and that HAS to come first

Thanks.

#3576 10 years ago

I'm watching Predator on cable at this very moment!
Payback Time!

#3577 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

'm watching Predator on cable at this very moment!
Payback Time!

Me too Ted, never gets old!

#3578 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm watching Predator on cable at this very moment!

Predator is one of those movies where you very rarely catch the beginning because you always find it on cable already in progress and just go from there

#3579 10 years ago

I don't know if its been suggested yet, but what about Spinal Tap for pin 2 or 3? The Stern Metallica pin announcement got me thinking that spinal tap movie/music would translate well to a pin.

#3580 10 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

The Stern Metallica pin announcement got me thinking

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth. Metallica has countless fans, but Megadeth fans know what's up. Spinal Tap is pretty awesome too, but they're so weird and funny that I think it would end up playing out like a backstage pass to Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure or something

#3581 10 years ago

Predator is one of those movies where you very rarely catch the beginning because you always find it on cable already in progress and just go from there

If that happens, I just pop on the Laser Disc or DVD or Blu Ray...

#3582 10 years ago

Reservoir Dogs : "are you gonna bark all day little dog, or are you gonna bite?"
"I don't tip"
"you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize."

#3583 10 years ago

I bought the DVD

#3584 10 years ago

If I ever did a music based pin I would push for Megadeth.

Did you just say that?

First of all, said it before, one of the reasons Predator is my favorite movie ever is the fact that whenever I even see it on, I can't stop watching it.

But Megadeth? MEGADETH????? Are you shitting me?

You f'in guys.

I think Holy Wars is one of the greatest songs ever made. Take no prisoners, the extra track on the remastered version? I wish that song was mine.

Hook in Mouth, Wake up dead, Bad omen, killing is my business, mechanix , chosen one, good mourning, devils island. So many more. Shit the first four albums could be bound into a book.

I know youre just talkin shit, but big lebowski would have me hunting down a route pin. Megadeth would make the girl I havent even married yet want to divorce me. I dont know how youd make that into a pin but damn. Dethheads are few and far between.

I hope i chance to say whatup to yall in the near future

#3585 10 years ago

I need coffee!

#3586 10 years ago

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

would rather see this that a music game!

#3587 10 years ago

I like reading articles and stumbling across Skit-b's name. People are taking notice.

Cant wait for my "Boutique Pin"

#3588 10 years ago

Thanks for the email. It was nice to wake up to Predator news and see this thread still on the first page, despite the best efforts of everyone talking about Metallica.

#3589 10 years ago

Actually, a movie/music pin like 'The Wall' or 'Heavy Metal' would be the great. image.jpgimage.jpg

#3590 10 years ago

Did anyone else get their April Predator Newsletter?

#3591 10 years ago

Yep, got mine. Most stuff was known from the posts on this thread. Still glad to get the Newsletter though.

#3592 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Yep, got mine. Most stuff was known from the posts on this thread.

Yeah, I got excited there for a minute thinking there was a Big Announcement.

#3593 10 years ago

Yes.

They used my Pic of the Skull

Cant Wait! Im not a patient man i guess.....

#3594 10 years ago

Well, we should be seeing a bunch of stuff real soon if they plan on shipping in a Few Months....

#3595 10 years ago

Yes I received a spring newsletter from SkitB.

#3596 10 years ago

Is there much left to reveal? I know we have yet to see the completed prototype machine.

Maybe:

-Cabinet and backglass artwork? The art has been the same since their earliest prototype.

-Any more toys? Interactive ones?

They expect to go to production in a few months, so I'm thinking we've seen pretty much all the pieces at this point. If this is incorrect, maybe skit-b can let us know there is more to come.

#3597 10 years ago

Toy-wise there was also supposed to be a Predator claw diverter.

#3598 10 years ago

Changes to playfield art. Something with an unhelmeted Predator head.

#3599 10 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

I like reading articles and stumbling across Skit-b's name. People are taking notice.

This happens to me every now and then. Most recently I caught our name come up in an interview with Dennis Nordman on the Pinball411. Which article are you talking about?

#3600 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Actually, a movie/music pin like 'The Wall' or 'Heavy Metal' would be the great.

One of my favorite movies growing up

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.