View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 143.
#3501 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Here is the edited version making his shoulder have the correct perspective/shape:

thats exactly it! makes more sense.

i have to give it to you guys for taking the time to listen to us, changing stuff and dealing with all kinds of details we pointed out. we don't see that very often.

i hope you have a lot of succes, you really deserve it!

#3502 11 years ago

Here is the original image.

That's only half the story. That's one of the two (at least), and I very much think that the unnatural pose so many people believe they are seeing is because it IS a mash up of two pics. The posture, vest, arms and gun of the Dutch on the playfield is taken from this image:

ducth1.jpgducth1.jpg

But the bare chest, musculature and face is taken from the one you linked. So you've got a tricky situation from the start, because you've got two figures as your basis, one stressed out, hunched over and facing front, and one at rest looking off to the side.

I still don't mind it as it is, but I could see it changed.

#3503 11 years ago

What kind of armor will the game have- legs, rails, lockdown? Any chance of a Camo powdercoat?

#3504 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

What kind of armor will the game have- legs, rails, lockdown? Any chance of a Camo powdercoat?

Nothing has been mentioned but I'd assume stainless steel "standard" for cabinet hardware to keep costs down.

#3505 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Quoted from hAbO:

Nothing has been mentioned but I'd assume stainless steel "standard" for cabinet hardware to keep costs down.

I would assume either that or black. These guys are going to have to keep things like that pretty basic IMO. As you said, they need to be pretty vigilant on costs.

The good thing is that this game appears to open itself up to all kinds of different mods. Which could be a lot of fun if you're into them.

#3506 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Here is another screen cap of a VP table made from the latest updates - Predator holding skull, insert lettering and skull ramp to give you an idea of what it might look like lit up. Not sure if there will be a hanging guy on each bumper, if not I can take 2 off

Given there is important art underneath I wonder if they'll go with clear slingshot plastics so it looks like that VP mock up.

#3507 11 years ago

Here is another screen cap of a VP table made from the latest updates - Predator holding skull, insert lettering and skull ramp to give you an idea of what it might look like lit up. Not sure if there will be a hanging guy on each bumper, if not I can take 2 off

As if that doesnt look awesome. Wait till its fully pop'd, it will look even better. I think the artwork looks great. It wouldnt break my heart if the artwork stayed as is. The red along the bottom does look good though

#3508 11 years ago

Not sure if there will be a hanging guy on each bumper, if not I can take 2 off

Pretty sure it is just one figure above the left ramp, I do prefer one for each pop though. I think it would look awesome with the 3 of them jiggling with each pop! Similar to the movie as well when they find all the bodies in the trees.

Just make the stand of the toys look like tree trunks and have small foilage on the top to hide the connection of the toy to the stand.

I know i am dreaming here but i think that would look fantastic!

#3509 11 years ago

I vote to use the predator icon medallion as the pop bumper caps...

pred-icon.jpgpred-icon.jpg

#3510 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Would love that too.

#3511 11 years ago

What Nibbles did above with the deltoid is great. I also agree with smoothing the pecs...not so many lines as Arnold's not built like that. Additionally, I love the new skull art, but if it's going to be a white skull that he's holding, the blood should have more of a dripping/streaking to it because of gravity. Right now, it looks like splatter paint...right amount of blood, just wrong design.

#3512 11 years ago

Since the skull's being fixed, and the sort of clip art huts addressed, the only other thing I think is below par is the Predator's hand. It looks plain and flat compared to the helmet, arm and such right next to it. Actually, I read mostly yellow/orange/peach tones on the hand, but greys/browns on the rest of him. It's sort of odd.

#3513 11 years ago

I like that tweaking the art is a consideration at this point. I'm a fan of the overall cartoon style...it actually reminds me of a great Marvel series 'The Nam'.
Small gripes: The huts seem a little Gilligans Island to me, Arnold's skin colour seems a little jaundice and his body and M16 proportions seem unnatural, don't like the aged look of the updated skull (all white, or gory would be nice).

If it shipped the way it is now though I'd still be thrilled, but you asked for comment. That skull/spine toy is simply amazing...love it!
Want the topper too...please provide details of how we can get one when the time is right.

#3514 11 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I vote to use the Predator icon medallion as the pop bumper caps...

+1

About Arnolds muscle and chest area, I also feel that it looks a bit cartoonish with all that lines! Somehow that area stands out!
Actually I think it would look better with Arnold wearing more armo clothes, like the other characters! like in this pic.
ducth1.jpgducth1.jpg

#3515 11 years ago

It would awesome to have a hut to shoot into or through. Also blood surrounding and dripping down around the pop bumper from the hanging body....

#3516 11 years ago
Quoted from mr-zed:

+1
About Arnolds muscle and chest area, I also feel that it looks a bit cartoonish with all that lines! Somehow that area stands out!
Actually I think it would look better with Arnold wearing more armo clothes, like the other characters! like in this pic.

I agree with this!

#3517 11 years ago

I would like a topper that starts out with the helmet closed, but once you start a wizard mode it opens up to reveal the Predator's real face.

That would be an "interactive toy"!

Marcus

#3518 11 years ago

Oh, I see how it is. Half-naked chicks are ok, but you want to put clothes on the muscled-up sweaty men... lol. I do agree that he has a lot of lines on the chest, whereas Arnold usually has 'boobs.' See Ted's flex gif.

(boob talk off)

I love the skull/spine combo. I think you guys are doing an awesome job. And I'm super excited about my pony.

#3519 11 years ago

You tell em' Blondy!

#3520 11 years ago

Maybe the guys can print out a paper sheet of the artwork and install it in their game to see how th e lighting affects the colors in the print. It would probably be helpful before more changes are made.

#3521 11 years ago

Yer gonna have 100 people looking at the artwork and 100 opinions. At some point ya gotta take it in and do what YOU want to do. No matter what, SOMEONE is not gonna be happy. Don't knock yourself out with every little comment. If the art stayed as it is now, I would not be unhappy.
It's great that you were able to make some changes, but, this COULD go on forever...

#3522 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Arnold usually has 'boobs.'.

BlondeTall us guy call those pecs

#3523 11 years ago

Oh, I see how it is. Half-naked chicks are ok, but you want to put clothes on the muscled-up sweaty men... lol. I do agree that he has a lot of lines on the chest, whereas Arnold usually has 'boobs.' See Ted's flex gif.
(boob talk off)
I love the skull/spine combo. I think you guys are doing an awesome job. And I'm super excited about my pony.

Did you hear? Skit-B pin 2 is going to be Magic Mike..

// Error: Image 89676 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#3524 11 years ago

I may be in the minority here, but I hope SkitB leaves off the foo-foo stuff like the halloween prop topper and camo powder coating. These things have a subjective appeal and would either cut into SkitB's profits or raise the price of the game. I personally wouldn't want to shell out an extra penny for these things and anyone who really wanted them could add them on later.

#3525 11 years ago

Y'all are trying to get me in trouble again. I'm not allowed to talk about boobs.

(But seriously, the guys in the pics above have pecs. My friend Jungle Arnold is a solid C cup. There's a difference.)

Chippendales: The Experience: The Pinball

#3526 11 years ago

As far as art it doesn't blow me away. I have no art background so no constructive criticism to add, I was just hoping for more of an R rated feel. Something I wouldn't want my 7 year old playing. The current art just doesn't hit that more adult oriented theme I envisioned when they were touting the profanity in the sound quotes.

#3527 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I may be in the minority here, but I hope SkitB leaves off the foo-foo stuff like the halloween prop topper and camo powder coating.

I think we'll be lucky if they can maintain the price point at all, there will be no money for frills like that. And if there WAS just cash laying around, then I'd definitely want it put into the playfield.

#3528 11 years ago

Yeah, I think they already said, Shaker Motors, Toppers and the frills are our responsibility.

#3529 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

As far as art it doesn't blow me away. I have no art background so no constructive criticism to add, I was just hoping for more of an R rated feel. Something I wouldn't want my 7 year old playing. The current art just doesn't hit that more adult oriented theme I envisioned when they were touting the profanity in the sound quotes.

I like the artwork, but I also feel that it's missing a bit of that gritty, edgy element from the movie. However, I'm fine with it as is.

#3530 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, I think they already said, Shaker Motors, Toppers and the frills are our responsibility.

I remember asking them about a shaker motor last year and they said it will not come with one. They were never a big fan of shakers but since I asked, they would add the code and a harness so that we could put an aftermarket one in if we wanted.

Chris

#3531 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Y'all are trying to get me in trouble again. I'm not allowed to talk about boobs.

I hereby revoke your ban about talking about boobs. You may now discuss them freely. (Not sure if I have the power to do that or not, but it is worth a try).

Quoted from Jetzxi:

I remember asking them about a shaker motor last year and they said it will not come with one. They were never a big fan of shakers but since I asked, they would add the code and a harness so that we could put an aftermarket one in if we wanted.
Chris

I want shaker's in all my games. Glad they are coding for it. Next to invisiglass I think shakers are the best upgrade for any machine. Anything that gives the player greater feedback is desirable. I hope the games come pre-drilled like the ones for Stern for the shaker install.

#3533 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

They were never a big fan of shakers but since I asked, they would add the code and a harness so that we could put an aftermarket one in if we wanted.

Yes, it was great talking with them because I FINALLY found someone like myself that is NOT a fan of Shaker Motors, Mini-Playfields or Multiple Flippers!

#3534 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hereby revoke your ban about talking about boobs. You may now discuss them freely. (Not sure if I have the power to do that or not, but it is worth a try).

I want shaker's in all my games. Glad they are coding for it. Next to invisiglass I think shakers are the best upgrade for any machine. Anything that gives the player greater feedback is desirable. I hope the games come pre-drilled like the ones for Stern for the shaker install.

I have only installed one shaker motor and that was in my IronMan. I had to drill my own holes for mine though, the Pinball Life shaker came with a template for the holes.

I don't know if there is only one brand of shaker motors but if so pre drilled holes would be cool!

#3535 11 years ago

It just always seemed to me that putting in something that shakes a machine full of electronic equipment is not a good thing....

#3536 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It just always seemed to me that putting in something that shakes a machine full of electronic equipment is not a good thing...

Come on Ted pins are designed to be shook about. Shakers add a cool effect like TigerLaw I want em in all my pins. I can see that some don't prefer that type of feedback though as always to each their own at least it's optional both can have their preference here.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope the games come pre-drilled like the ones for Stern for the shaker install.

That would be nice for sure I was thankful Stern started doing that on all their pins.

***On a side note Robin was nice enough to sticky the 'Predator Updates' thread to the top sticky material in the main forum page. I will try to keep it as up to date as possible.***

#3537 11 years ago

I can see both sides on the shaker motor. Because on one hand they are cool, especially during "Feed T-Rex" on JP. On the other hand, I have replaced that darn switch for my control room on JP 3 times now, and it still isn't correct. It's right above the shaker, and likes to wiggle loose, or break, or go on strike.

How hard is it to put one in and/or take one out? I may have to get one for my new Spidey and then maybe swap it to Predator just to see what the difference is.

#3538 11 years ago

Anyone that has paid $250 deposit and still not heard anything back from Kevin? I have my receipt, but would still like confirmation. I know they have been hella busy, just wondering if I am the only one lol. I was a late paying deposit, but well before the Mar 15 deadline or whatever it was.

#3539 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

How hard is it to put one in and/or take one out? I may have to get one for my new Spidey and then maybe swap it to Predator just to see what the difference is.

It is not all that hard at all. A little stressful drilling through the bottom of the pin but it comes with a template you put the wholes where they are supposed to go and install and uninstall are pretty simple probably 15 to 20 minutes a bit longer if it is your first time and you take your time.

#3540 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yer gonna have 100 people looking at the artwork and 100 opinions. At some point ya gotta take it in and do what YOU want to do. No matter what, SOMEONE is not gonna be happy. Don't knock yourself out with every little comment. If the art stayed as it is now, I would not be unhappy.
It's great that you were able to make some changes, but, this COULD go on forever...

I love that Skit-B asked for constructive feedback and will change some things to benefit the game for its buyers. I would never want to discourage this rare desire to hear what the customers have to say about certain things. They seem to be doing a great job of identifying what feedback could really make the pin better and running with it. It's not going on forever since they said this feedback needs to be in quickly because they will be running with any changes and coming up with the finished art package very soon.

Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, it was great talking with them because I FINALLY found someone like myself that is NOT a fan of Shaker Motors, Mini-Playfields or Multiple Flippers!

I certainly hope they don't rule things out like those things in the future. I hate when Pin companies limit the creative process and do things only one way. Spice it up provide a little change in your pins let the creative process dictate what to put in the pin. To never release a pin with three flippers or mini-playfields would get a little bland after a few of em.

#3541 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's not going on forever since they said this feedback needs to be in quickly because they will be running with any changes and coming up with the finished art package very soon.

Hopefully by Pinfest!

#3542 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Anyone that has paid $250 deposit and still not heard anything back from Kevin? I have my receipt, but would still like confirmation. I know they have been hella busy, just wondering if I am the only one lol. I was a late paying deposit, but well before the Mar 15 deadline or whatever it was.

Your not the only one, no receipt but I care little about it. Sure if you needed to it would not take long to get a refund.

#3543 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Your not the only one, no receipt but I care little about it. Sure if you needed to it would not take long to get a refund.

The route I took was sending an email with what I wanted on the nameplate and how I would be picking it up. Did you ever send something like that after payment?

#3544 11 years ago

Speaking of plates...

I was looking up some quotes and found it was just easier to look up the whole script.

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Predator.html

#3545 11 years ago

HDNET or AXSTV or what have you is broadcasting Predator in HD tomorrow for all your DVR desires. As someone with a 360 and no Blue Ray my only HD is delivered via modem and cable. I'm super excited.

BONG!

#3546 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I certainly hope they don't rule things out like those things in the future. I hate when Pin companies limit the creative process and do things only one way. Spice it up provide a little change in your pins let the creative process dictate what to put in the pin. To never release a pin with three flippers or mini-playfields would get a little bland after a few of em.

We don't rule anything out, but I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to certain things.

Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.

Mini-playfield: Ted's a little off on this one, as I actually really love mini-playfields, if done right. Battlefield on Shadow and Powerfield on Twilight Zone come to mind, and I guess WhiteWater, if the upper right counts as a mini-playfield. Again, it's the fluff that I don't like. In the little time I've spent with Wizard of Oz, I'm really liking the layout and the direction of the game, but the more I look at it from a design standpoint, I have to wonder if it was worth it to add two mini-playfields with one shot apiece. The spinning house is a crazy-cool effect, though, for sure.

Multiple Flippers: Again, it has to do with how useful the added flipper(s) is (are). If there's an added flipper somewhere, I believe it should either have one very specific use (No Fear jump ramp) or many uses; something like three shots would seem good to me. It's that middle ground that gets iffy, to me. Again, citing Shadow as an example, the upper flipper on that can go through the Shadow loop, go into the Khan hole, or you can shoot for the battlefield, which is admittedly kind of sloppy but it's there. That's three shots, making it a viable flipper addition. Using Guns N Roses as an example, the upper flipper only exists to make that inner loop and a side-shot into the Axl scoop, which is nasty-difficult to pull off on purpose, especially to loop into the scoop for the Axl combo, which I may have done on purpose maybe 5 times in my whole life. Now, GnR is in my top 3 games of all time, but one has to wonder about that design choice to add that much hardware to a pin to add a shot-and-a-half to an already full pin package.

Dammit, I'm rambling again. Oh well...

Snoochie boochies!

#3547 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Ted's a little off

Not the first time I've heard this....

#3548 11 years ago

Snoochie boochies!

My lord. Someone outside my nerdherd actually gets it.

#3549 11 years ago

We don't rule anything out, but I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to certain things.
Shaker Motor: Only if the theme really called for it. The only example I have is Jurassic Park, as that was just perfect. If we ever did anything that would really benefit a little more than a "look how many features my game has" sort of way, I wouldn't hesitate to add it in.
Mini-playfield: Ted's a little off on this one, as I actually really love mini-playfields, if done right. Battlefield on Shadow and Powerfield on Twilight Zone come to mind, and I guess WhiteWater, if the upper right counts as a mini-playfield. Again, it's the fluff that I don't like. In the little time I've spent with Wizard of Oz, I'm really liking the layout and the direction of the game, but the more I look at it from a design standpoint, I have to wonder if it was worth it to add two mini-playfields with one shot apiece. The spinning house is a crazy-cool effect, though, for sure.
Multiple Flippers: Again, it has to do with how useful the added flipper(s) is (are). If there's an added flipper somewhere, I believe it should either have one very specific use (No Fear jump ramp) or many uses; something like three shots would seem good to me. It's that middle ground that gets iffy, to me. Again, citing Shadow as an example, the upper flipper on that can go through The Shadow loop, go into the Khan hole, or you can shoot for the battlefield, which is admittedly kind of sloppy but it's there. That's three shots, making it a viable flipper addition. Using Guns n Roses as an example, the upper flipper only exists to make that inner loop and a side-shot into the Axl scoop, which is nasty-difficult to pull off on purpose, especially to loop into the scoop for the Axl combo, which I may have done on purpose maybe 5 times in my whole life. Now, GnR is in my top 3 games of all time, but one has to wonder about that design choice to add that much hardware to a pin to add a shot-and-a-half to an already full pin package.
Dammit, I'm rambling again. Oh well...

Snoochie boochies!

That's what we need a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back pin. Was gonna say Clerks, clerks 2 or MallRats but those titles wouldn't make as good pins I don't think.

#3550 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That's what we need a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back pin. Was gonna say Clerks, clerks 2 or MallRats but those titles wouldn't make as good pins I don't think.

Yeah, having to hit a ramp shot 37 times (in a row) could get tedious.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.