View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 143.
#3301 11 years ago

Wow, that is really cool.

Glad to hear about that red skull too!

Looking forward to seeing what the art looks like "darker". Man, so exciting. Does the few days thing mean I can/have to stop checking this thread for updates from the show or is that a few days for the next art version to be delievered to SkitB?

#3302 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Fine, I will share the art updates I heard then:
Skull going back to "white with blood n' stuff"... that's a a quote
Arnold is getting lowered
The blue is getting changed

That is cool to hear, shouldnt be too much work for James. I figured for sure they were not going to change much of anything.

Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Enough of your petty bickering! Moar pics!
Look what came for its test fit while I was playing.....

Matt`s work never ceases to amaze me!

#3303 11 years ago

I know it was already mentioned, but I would also tweak down Arnie's left deltoid as well.

#3304 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree.
Nice realistic elements but don't exactly fit with the overly cartoonish art.

Can someone explain to me the "cartoonish" opinions? Is it just the huts and their attendant explosions? Because I agree there, those do look sort of cartoony. In fact, they even look sort of lampoony. But the entire bottom half? That just looks hand drawn to me. Do you think that looks soft, or happy too? The Predator himself looks wicked and mean, the team just looks, like the team.

#3305 11 years ago

You know what I think it is is the color. The colors are bright and vibrant. Maybe that gives a cartoony illusion. In this case, a darker color palette might actually "darken" the feel of the bottom of the playfield.

Just shootin the shit here

#3306 11 years ago

Remember constructive criticism is fine...everyone had been providing good feed back. I have to also eat crow and say if the pf was more like the art on the cab it would have meshed better with the dark theme..bit again.as it as been repeated let's wait for the whole package.

#3307 11 years ago

Could be just lines an facial expressions. This is some of James' other work. Guy can draw

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3308 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You know what I think it is is the color. The colors are bright and vibrant. Maybe that gives a cartoony illusion. In this case, a darker color palette might actually "darken" the feel of the bottom of the playfield.

I think you got it there. The simple blue isn't in tune with the color palette of the movie. With the deep jungle atmosphere I think something darker, more foreboding.

#3309 11 years ago

Not even the background. I'm talkin the clean light green camo, the preds arm unit is a light gray. Same goes for the helmet. They have wear on them, which i expect, but its something i cant put my finger on. Also his skin is pretty bright. Things just look really clean and pristine. Maybe that's it.

#3310 11 years ago

Detail in those other drawings is great. That Spider-Man is fantastic - I think some additional use of subdued lighting and improved shadow effects would serve the art well. The detail from the Punisher pose would look awesome if you substituted Arnold's mug in there.

Scott

#3311 11 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

if the pf was more like the art on the cab it would have meshed better with the dark theme..bit again.as it as been repeated let's wait for the whole package.

I agree, just seems like two different styles from the backglass, cabinet vibe does not go with the playfields at least just looking at the playfield by itself, it might be much better when inside the cabinet.

Something about the characters does not sit well with me, I call it cartoonish or whatever. I understand Arnold's body is ripped but no one has lines like is on his chest area which just seem un-natural. Having definition to a muscle is one thing, but this is like a chricature In fact, all the guys seem characture-ish.

#3312 11 years ago

I've been playing with the layout of this game and its a bit unusual that it only has 2targets. Are there plans for more targets or even a drop target bank? Is something under the mid left ramp where the helicopter artwork will lie? Maybe something is reserved for that area?

#3313 11 years ago

the color palette, the explosions, the huts.... those are the things that make it look cartoony, imo.

I think that is where the DE comments were coming from as well.

I also agree about the characters bordering on caricatures, which falls in the cartoon realm.

Someone earlier talked about the playfield looking retro... but retro games don't have realistic skinned bodies and spines and skulls.... so there is some split personality going on.

If I were to offer my humble opinion, that would be to push the art more into the realistic world, make this game look like an R-rated pin, just as the movie is r-rated. Won't be for everyone, but they aren't trying to sell it to everyone, and that bridge has been crossed with the toys.

#3314 11 years ago

I don't want to start a ruckus but it may be too late to change the art in wholesale kind of way...so maybe some of the artistic folks can chime in about how to darken the mood of the pf art as it sits now to more match the cab. Not sure how..I'm all in for hand drawn art, but it would have been better if it looked like his other work from FB, or more like the punisher stuff.. Forgive me Kevin, Aaron for saying this stuff, I'm still behind you guys and this project, just sounding off that's all.

PS: Lighting, plastics, background color may still make a big impact.

#3315 11 years ago

I'd like to see the third main character (Anna) in there.

#3316 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I were to offer my humble opinion, that would be to push the art more into the realistic world, make this game look like an R-rated pin, just as the movie is r-rated.

I agree 100%.

#3317 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Someone earlier talked about the playfield looking retro... but retro games don't have realistic skinned bodies and spines and skulls.... so there is some split personality going on.
If I were to offer my humble opinion, that would be to push the art more into the realistic world, make this game look like an R-rated pin, just as the movie is r-rated. Won't be for everyone, but they aren't trying to sell it to everyone, and that bridge has been crossed with the toys.

I don't think they look like charicatures, I think they look fairly realistic, but I can totally see where this is coming from, especially the gritty realism of the toys vs. the look of the art. Does everyone who thinks it looks "cartoony" think the same of the Predator or is he OK?

Hmm. Good points all.

#3318 11 years ago

The colored areas that don't have art work look to solid, they need more shading or some additional art to tie the areas together. The village needs more detail add some of the rebels and their crows nests or rebel vehicles. They could put Anna in one of the rebel huts?

#3319 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd like to see the third main character (Anna) in there.

You are the Predator on the hunt. Anna wasn't hunted. I could maybe see her on a plastic wiping some green blood off of a leaf, other than that...I'm cool without having her mug in there.

#3320 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

That's great news...

More like those other pics above by James....less cartoon...

#3321 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the color palette, the explosions, the huts.... those are the things that make it look cartoony, imo.
I think that is where the DE comments were coming from as well.
I also agree about the characters bordering on caricatures, which falls in the cartoon realm.

I agree with most everything you said.
Also It sucks that some people are taking it so personal just from honest criticism. That's the thing i like about Skit-B. they seem to be listening to the customers!

#3322 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

You are the Predator on the hunt. Anna wasn't hunted. I could maybe see her on a plastic wiping some green blood off of a leaf, other than that...I'm cool without having her mug in there.

You play both sides. One of the modes is to destroy the camp. I think it's like you're playing the movie as a whole, not one side. I'd love to see Anna somewhere, but a plastic hiding out looking at a green bloody leaf or whatever would be just fine.

#3323 11 years ago

Could be just lines an facial expressions. This is some of James' other work. Guy can draw

Thoose pics don't look like they came from the same artist. Thanks for sharing. Guy definitely has talent!

#3324 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

You play both sides. One of the modes is to destroy the camp. I think it's like you're playing the movie as a whole, not one side. I'd love to see Anna somewhere, but a plastic hiding out looking at a green bloody leaf or whatever would be just fine.

Fair enough, I stand corrected.

#3325 11 years ago

It's difficult not to over analyse the ART when the SOUND, DOTS and now TOYS are so friekn awesome! But for me, even if the art isn't tweaked at all (which it sounds like it will be) we're still going to get an iconic pinball package!! And BTW - this has got to be the most BAD ASS thing I've seen on a game ever... #64

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3326 11 years ago

Your right, toys are great. Dots are great. Code seems like its gonna be great.

#3327 11 years ago

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down? I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

#3328 11 years ago

The "toys" (interactive or not) are on a whole new level.

#3329 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down. I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

Nope I do not claim to own until the pin is in my possession, I dont add it to my wish list or own list here either.

#3330 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Your right, toys are great. Dots are great. Code seems like its gonna be great.

Pretty sure code is completely done... It is already great. If there is more coming that would be a big poistive.

#3331 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

Not to derail, but a super lame question for those of you active at this hour: do you claim to already "own" Predator as part of your lineup...assuming you've put your deposit down? I know it's a dumb question, I was just curious.

Nope. Just like every other game... I don't own it till it is in my house.

#3332 11 years ago

here is a very new vid, pingame journal is chatting to the guys

#3333 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Man, those guys truly do look like they are enjoying this, don't they? ...good for them. I'm happy to be a (very small) part of their support team. Congrats, Skit-B.

#3334 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Forgot to add a announcement is made

#3335 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Man, I love the SkitB guys. I really hope that things go well for them (and I think the odds are in their favor).

#3336 11 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

As to slimming down the bodies, there was a reason why I did not do that. I wanted to body to be that of one of Arnolds team. Not the skinny villagers that where picked off. Seeing as Arnolds team where well built guys they would have more muscle.
As for the arms being closer I actually hung from some monkey bars and let my arms hang there while the wife took pics every time I hung upside down my arms went more straight, that of an I surrender upside down pose. For my hands to be closer I actually had to make my arms move if. This was not a natural pose. There by the arms where posed that way.
Also the fingers are all touching do to molding purposes. When u hang upside down your fingers are never touching like in the sculpt especially your thumb. But if I was to cast it with all open fingers it would be extremely pron to air bubbles when casting it.
Hope this clears some things up

I was hoping the arms would be attached by pins etc, so the dead guy would sort of jiggle when the shaker motor (if added) or general nudging would make him move around and be all jiggly.

#3337 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

I do. This game alone is "my lineup." That's why I'm not overly critical. A lot of guys here own the NIBs that came from Stern. I don't have a lot of money so for my money I could have a LOTR, a Tron or a Predator. Predator is my favorite movie that was ever made.

What I'm saying is that I'm started here for theme above all. But without the gameplay, I'm not. I feel like the gameplay is there 100%. So when it comes to the art, sure there are things I'm looking for but I'm one man in 250. The gameplay's there, I'm there. Anything else is just frosting on the cake.

#3338 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

WISH LIST for now...can't wait to switch it across though!!!

#3339 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Does everyone who thinks it looks "cartoony" think the same of the Predator or is he OK?

The Predator holding the skull is great. I was glad to hear the skull is going back to white with blood on it and the blue is being removed.

Just to add a small suggestion, I think it would cool to sneak some Predator blood onto the playfield if possible, similar to the green paint on TFTC that glows.

#3340 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Aaron usually looks like a big friendly guy. Rocking that black SkitB shirt he looks like a big bad ass.

EDIT: Uhm. You too Kevin.

#3341 11 years ago

Everything looks GREAT, guys! This journey is fantastic!

#3342 11 years ago

Starting production in a couple months. Man I need to get my money in order. Oh and btw that skull and spine look amazing. The toys are just phenomenal. The code is looking amazing. Darken the art to the tone of the game and toys like others have said and it will be amazing. I agree with others, go more the realistic approach like James other art and this will be a game changer. Awesome work Skit-B I'm still in on it.

#3343 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Excellent.

Same feeling. That is my more serious concern: colours too bright / too vivid. And not fully matched with cabinet colours.

On the other hand, I do not mind the cartoon-like" feeling of the characters. I prefer it over photoshopped images. I love some details.

Waiting to see a final version of the populated playfield. Nice toys, by the way!

#3344 11 years ago
Quoted from molspin:

No. Situation might be different if I had paid it in full... I understand those who paid WOZ months ago in full and are still waiting for their machines. I would be tempted to add it to my lineup.

#3345 11 years ago

Very glad I got on board early and I am even more excited what the future will bring for Skit-B. They do seem like very cool guys that love the game as much as we do.

#3346 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

» YouTube video

Thanks for sharing! Anyone posted a video of the seminar?

#3347 11 years ago

Respect to you Skit-B guys.
I'm in for the next project also

#3348 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Their price point is superior to their competition. Their competition cannot match their price point under any circumstances.

Most of the competition have salaried employees. We're benefiting on Predator by the work being done by a couple of guys and their friends, working for next to nothing. So it's not a fair comparison.

The real test will be in 2 or 3 years from now. Do they have a workable model where everyone can make the money they need and still deliver a ~$5k product. No one will be wanting to work for free then.

#3349 11 years ago

The new toys looks great Matt!

#3350 11 years ago

It looks cool. but if I'm reading this right there only making 250?
if thats the case I'm just waisting my time reading about it since I'm never going to get my hands on one...

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.