View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 143.
#3201 11 years ago

As soon as I saw the bodies picture ... my 1st thought was "Hammer Time"

kan't touch dis ... da da da daaa

pred_body_front3.jpgpred_body_front3.jpg

#3202 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I think there are enough comments on the art. None of us know if it's finalized or not.

Actually, unless SkitB's goofing on us, I think all of us know it ISN'T finalized. And it's been almost five months since the last big update: I don't think anyone would begrudge us a couple pages of discussion!

#3203 11 years ago

the first thing i thought of was...... "WE'RE NOT WORTHY, WE'RE NO WORTHY"

Quoted from starfighter:

As soon as I saw the bodies picture ... my 1st thought was "Hammer Time"

pred_body_front3.jpgpred_body_front3.jpg

#3204 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Actually, unless SkitB's goofing on us, I think all of us know it ISN'T finalized. And it's been almost five months since the last big update: I don't think anyone would begrudge us a couple pages of discussion!

All I meant about the comments was that one from me wasn't necessary. Nothing wrong with discussion. That's what we're all here for.

And...

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Artwork: Thank you for all of the responses! Two quick things, here. First, the artwork is not finalized, but, as you can see, is VERY close.

I stand corrected.

The only question is, is the artwork not being finalized just mean adding color? I dont think you can just erase part of it and draw something over it. Well, today's technology maybe, but I've noticed the "final" art, has the exact same lines as the original concept art from months ago. So nothing has been trashed or completely revamped which is why I question how easy changes are to make.

Also, and I have no expertise in this area, how different could this actually look under a blacklight? What I mean is, everyone seems to be talking about things completely changing, as opposed to just hiding blacklight paint in the outlines of what's already drawn, when it's under the blacklight. I feel like if there was separate blacklight artwork, you would see some trace of it. Unless there's a lamenate we're not seeing yet...........dun dun duuuuuuun

Edit: I was just thinking about those movies where nothing is on the walls, then a blacklight turns on and shit just appears out of nowhere. So, I guess it 'might' be possible to completely hide blacklight artwork????

#3205 11 years ago

I've always thought of the UV stuff just being extra purply lines that glow under the lamp, but I don't know. Anyone familiar with this kind of stuff care to speculate? I figured it would be something like Predatory head's up display script / targeting lines, like the recital, and such. Maybe have the team pics in the middle replaced with skulls / skeletons? I assume we'll be able to see traces of the UV stuff regardless, like one of those little kid puzzles where you can make out the glowy bits even in the light?

But if you can actually do transparent under normal light, but color under UV? Man that'd be rad. You could wash the whole thing to look JUST like the IR POV shots like one of those black light mini-golf courses.
http://www.tiktocs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/05_Tik-Tocs-Octopus.jpg

Beats me. Can't wait!

#3206 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

A Predator wouldn't hunt skinny villagers in any case.

The predator will hunt anyone as long as they are armed. He would have killed the girl if she picked up a weapon, and he massacred a whole subway of people in the second one. Including an old lady. He doesn't care if you're skinny or not, as long as you're armed.

#3207 11 years ago

This may have been mentioned but cant read through the last four pages right now (wish I could). The playfield has a Predator circa 80's feel. The cab has a Predator circa 2000's feel. I like both independently, just not together.

#3208 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

You could wash the whole thing to look JUST like the IR POV shots like one of those black light mini-golf courses.http://www.tiktocs.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/05_Tik-Tocs-Octopus.jpg
Beats me. Can't wait!

I remember someone saying they wanted to see that when the blacklights came on, the characters could switch over to heat vision. That. would. be. amazing.

Is it even possible?

I want to believe....

#3209 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

The Predator will hunt anyone as long as they are armed. He would have killed the girl if she picked up a weapon, and he massacred a whole subway of people in the second one. Including an old lady. He doesn't care if you're skinny or not, as long as you're armed.

I suppose that goes into what you consider canon. The one in the second movie is supposed to be young and trying to prove himself (and according to sources like Dark Horse, not necessarily doing a very good job). If you're skinny and a threat, sure they'd kill you, but, "villagers" doesn't exactly imply threat. When I hear "skinny villager" I think of a 115lb bean farmer with a hoe and a sun hat, not exactly a trophy worth bragging about back home. If the one in the second movie had come back to the ship with a kid's head as a trophy, armed or not, he may have gotten his ass kicked for being a pussy. (In the first Aliens vs. Predator by Dark Hourse one gets gutted by his elder for having a juvenile's skull in his trophy sack. He didn't stop to ask if the kid was armed or not.)

The hunter in the first movie is a seasoned old school veteran. The reason he's after Hopper and Dutch's teams is that they are such good trophies. He's got a serious hard on for Dutch's team after he sees them wipe out that armed camp.

#3210 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

The only question is, is the artwork not being finalized just mean adding color? I dont think you can just erase part of it and draw something over it. Well, today's technology maybe, but I've noticed the "final" art, has the exact same lines as the original concept art from months ago.

This isn't exactly true. I noticed that the positioning of the skinned bodies in the left outline has changed to work around the rollover switch there. I am sure things can be 'painted over' to make adjustments.

#3211 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was hoping for a camouflage Predator somewhere in the jungle also.

Maybe he's already in there.....

think UV lighting, 2nd movie, meat packing plant....... 979_10.jpg979_10.jpg

#3212 11 years ago

Not going to base anything final on a photoshop but I am the only one that finds the colors and art do not mesh very well between cabinet playfield. I realize this early and a photoshop but to me it's tough on my eyes. The hanging body model by Matt is no doubt fantastic and the goriest toy I have seen in pinball period.

Please do not try to light me on fire or call me a witch, I am still in just making a little constructive criticism. Totally going to wait for final playfield design and populated before I make a rash judgement. In short good job Skit- B not easy doing what your doing I commend you.

#3213 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

but I am the only one that finds the colors and art do not mesh very well between cabinet

There is a clash, but the cabinet we've had for a long time, I'm sure that was a stop gap during development, so I'm guessing the cabinet and backglass will be changing.

#3214 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There is a clash, but the cabinet we've had for a long time, I'm sure that was a stop gap during development, so I'm guessing the cabinet and backglass will be changing.

Oh now I feel stupid, would be fantastic to have similar art in translite and cabinet.

#3215 11 years ago

Just got back from MPE got a chance to play predator and see the artwork and have to say I loved it! I think it looks better to me in person rather than looking at the pics posted here. Can't wait till I can pick mine up!

#3216 11 years ago

This PF artwork is about what I expected. I am glad they got all the characters in. I also like the middle insert style reminding me of the predator's arm display. They won't please everyone with this, but the collector crowd will be happy. At least it looks like it to me.

#3217 11 years ago
Quoted from mr-zed:

wow!!

2. Would like the girl (Anna) to appear somewhere !

Maybe Anna will be a toy.

And you get to shoot your balls...

nevermind

#3218 11 years ago

Isn't the right sling going to really obscure the Predator's head?

#3219 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Isn't the right sling going to really obscure the Predator's head?

I was worried about the flippers and the slingshots on both sides.
But I'm hoping the skit b folks have a badass answer as per par.

#3220 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I am glad they got all the characters in.

Except Anna.

#3221 11 years ago

Well with artwork now we can mock up a game of Predator in Visual Pinball and try out the shots!

#3222 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well with artwork now we can mock up a game of Predator in Visual Pinball and try out the shots!

Hmm, anyone else think that looks awfully similar to BSD?

#3223 11 years ago

I think in that mock up the art is way too low.

#3224 11 years ago

Finally some action.....nice going man.

#3225 11 years ago

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

It looks amazing!!!

#3226 11 years ago

I think in that mock up the art is way too low.

I agree, corrected and added that awesome hanging body and a few more lamps...

// Error: Image 88261 not found //

#3227 11 years ago

much better!

#3228 11 years ago

Any way to add the MI Pinball plastic above the targets in the center just for giggles?

#3229 11 years ago

why does it have a 24 rule card and stern price card?

#3230 11 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

why does it have a 24 rule card and stern price card?

I just grabbed cards I had to add since it looked bare in black Are there pics of the apron somewhere?

#3231 11 years ago

Again!:

predpf3.jpegpredpf3.jpeg

#3232 11 years ago

ok, here is the apron from the pic of the game at expo if you like this better.

Predator-VP.jpgPredator-VP.jpg

#3233 11 years ago

Wow nice job. It definately gives you an idea of what it could look like.

#3234 11 years ago

Revised! (good job on the ramps btw)

predpf4.jpegpredpf4.jpeg

#3235 11 years ago

These VP mock-ups are so cool! In a weird way it kinda makes it feel more real. You guys gotta remember that we've never seen this stuff on a playfield in a game before, either

#3236 11 years ago

Yep, it looks good as a mock up, can you guys photoshop the dmd in there...?

#3237 11 years ago

this is much better.

#3238 11 years ago

Yep, it looks good as a mock up, can you guys photoshop the dmd in there...?

Sure. Here you go:

predpf5.jpegpredpf5.jpeg

#3239 11 years ago

wow, it looks real..thanks. I'm downloading it and sending it out to my friend to blow his mind.

#3240 11 years ago

So, other than the art package reveal, were there other nuggets of information that can be shared from their speaking engagement for the rest of us? Thanks in advance. Loving the tid bits.

No. 37

#3241 11 years ago

Way cool, but man, I hope something is way off or the center target inserts are going to be square in the middle of Dutch's head.

#3242 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Way cool, but man, I hope something is way off or the center target inserts are going to be square in the middle of Dutch's head.

I missed the insert lamps when i adjusted the playfield and apron and have to move the center targets up 2 inches. Good eye! I think there is also a scoop on the right side of the playfield, i'll look at more pics and see what else is missing so we have at least a fairly authentic mock up

#3243 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, other than the art package reveal, were there other nuggets of information that can be shared from their speaking engagement for the rest of us? Thanks in advance. Loving the tid bits.
No. 37

I believe the speaking engagement is tomorrow at 5 PM?

#3244 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, anyone else think that looks awfully similar to BSD?

Always have thought it is very close to BSD which was why I pre-ordered as BSD is such an awesome game.

#3245 11 years ago

Can't wait to play this mean machine.

#3246 11 years ago

If two guys in their garage can do this well...there should be a boom of home brew pin manufacturing. If you give them a generous 25% margin after all costs they could do better than just a living and should therefore stay motivated. They will not have any trouble selling 250 games. Their price point is superior to their competition. Their competition cannot match their price point under any circumstances. (The Stern Pro maybe? if prices were to stabilize) Until there is competition at their price point they will play alone. Production will not become an issue until/unless they reach and try to produce (insert number). They need long term plans.

Why not build custom pins for collectors? TBL has a market apparently. From a manufacturing sales standpoint I would much rather produce something that was pre-ordered and pre-paid. I would take the no risk approach on theming for sure. No guessing. Start a thread asking what do y'all want next? If 250 buyers are willing to pony up for a theme, make it.

Still, not one has shown up, new home-brew pins I mean. When I have one in my gameroom that says SkitB there will be much rejoicing.

#3247 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchhitter:

Can't wait to play this mean machine.

Launch night at your place?

#3248 11 years ago

I wonder what the actual margins are for the home brew....I love the boutique model, especially the range of choices now...Jpop, Skitb, and Spooky..

It will be very interesting to see if you can make pins at that price, make money, thrive and stay in business for the long run...I'm rooting hard, these guys have a great attitude

#3249 11 years ago
Quoted from mrpostman:

I believe the speaking engagement is tomorrow at 5 PM?

Ah, gotcha. I hope someone records it and puts it on youtube for those of us who can't be there.

#3250 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If two guys in their garage can do this well...there should be a boom of home brew pin manufacturing. If you give them a generous 25% margin after all costs they could do better than just a living and should therefore stay motivated. They will not have any trouble selling 250 games. Their price point is superior to their competition. Their competition cannot match their price point under any circumstances. (The Stern Pro maybe? if prices were to stabilize) Until there is competition at their price point they will play alone. Production will not become an issue until/unless they reach and try to produce (insert number). They need long term plans.
Why not build custom pins for collectors? TBL has a market apparently. From a manufacturing sales standpoint I would much rather produce something that was pre-ordered and pre-paid. I would take the no risk approach on theming for sure. No guessing. Start a thread asking what do y'all want next? If 250 buyers are willing to pony up for a theme, make it.
Still, not one has shown up, new home-brew pins I mean. When I have one in my gameroom that says SkitB there will be much rejoicing.

They're cool guys with a unique business model. I'd have tried to support it even if their first machine wasn't one of my all time favorite movies. Man do I hope they succeed, and I mean really just blow it up. It's hard to believe that the big boys wouldn't take notice if this machine rocks at >$5k. I hope to hell the market and buyers take notice as well, you know? If you can get on a list for high quality brand new machines for less than five bills, doesn't it make it harder to stand in line for $8k? Does buying that 20 year old routed a-list beater for five grand start to not make as much sense?

Cue Well of Souls music, "AAAaaahhhhaahaahahhaaaaaa", SkitB can: ---> CHANGE THE WORLD! <---

Kneel!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.