View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 143.
#3001 10 years ago

er, how did you know I was looking for page 45?

#3002 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

probably abot a D cup myself, we could share undies!

You're gunna need a bigger boat dude.
EDIT:

Quoted from jlm33:OK ... time for bed. Sweet Predator/Cleavage dreams expected.
Hope to wake up with 100+ new posts and great news...

Please try and keep those dreams separate. My best friend's dual citizenship French, I know how f'ed up and twisted you people can be.

#3003 10 years ago

google image search for "blondetall" returned some interesting (if not offtopic) results. "blondetall pinball' zeroed in on it much better... but it also kicked back wedding photos, necklace/Décolletage photos etc.

btw- for those interested, Google has a great feature where you can search just within a website:
for example:
"blondetall site:pinside.com"

much better than just about any forum software searches out there (no offense to this forum- its actually pretty great)!

/weird_stalker_mode off

#3004 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

But yes, they are useful in certain situations. Playing pinball is not one of them. And now we're back on topic...

Actually, if you're playing getaway you can use them to work the shifter without taking your hands off the flipper buttons.

#3005 10 years ago

So, on the drive home somehow I became the topic of interest on the Predator thread. Weird.

#3006 10 years ago

That's freaking hilarious! Notice how the Beatmaster posted right after that pic....now we know what the "BeatMaster" really means

Nice "cups" Blondetall! And yes, that's what you get for teasing a bunch of horny old bastards like Ted....

#3007 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So, on the drive home somehow I became the topic of interest on the Predator thread. Weird.

come on! you cant be *shocked*
when you post THIS into a 95% male-occupied forum:

Quoted from blondetall:

I'm rocking about 7 inches of cleavage today, which is even distracting my gay boss.

You will instantly become the topic of interest on just about any thread...

Remember: With great cleavage, comes great responsibility. Use your powers for Good!

#3008 10 years ago

Y'all just keep it nice because my husband is on here too. Hi hubby!

#3009 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's freaking hilarious! Notice how the Beatmaster posted right after that pic....now we know what the "BeatMaster" really means
Nice "cups" Blondetall!

i didn't remember the pic, had to go see again.

#3010 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I wanted to see tits, I'd just look down. I'm rocking about 7 inches of cleavage today

well since we cant see the playfield yet.. I'll settle for 7" of cleav.. if you would like to share.

; )

#3011 10 years ago

Kevin! Where are those pics?!? Lol

Oh, about the 'bigger boat' comment. Yes, D doesnt come close. Your bra educational moment for the day is that each inch out is another letter. AA is flat, A is 1 inch, D is 4 inches, etc.

(This educational moment has been brought to you by the letter H, for "Damn, these make my back HURT!")

Ok, thats enough fun for one day. I have to go cook dinner, throw a birthday party for my dog, and play pinball. Someone yell if we get Predator info.

#3012 10 years ago

Playfield pics on Skit -B facebook.

#3013 10 years ago

Here it is

Predator_Playfield_Artwork.jpgPredator_Playfield_Artwork.jpg

#3014 10 years ago

Digesting.

Need much closer, much higher res!

#3015 10 years ago

Sick! Looks very "oldschool".

Yeah, it'd be great to get a shot that's at least double the resolution of that one.

#3016 10 years ago

Looks good.... Who will be the first to complain?

#3017 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Looks good.... Who will be the first to complain?

Me. Flatish (edit) monochromatic red skull seems a little weird. Figured Yoric'd be more gory with little bits and such.

Happy?

EDIT: The mid-field feels just a touch empty, very likely a non-issue once populated. Other than that, I really like the use of color. Even un-lit there's a lot of nice contrast. Can't wait to see a better image!

EDIT: Everyone is so used to endless wave of bullshit in this thread. I think it's hilarious it's been up 13 minutes with so little comment!

#3018 10 years ago

Holy cow!!! it's far better than I had hoped! Way to go kev, Aaron and co....knocked it out of the park...please let everything else be on par with the playfield..

#3019 10 years ago

I am looking at the SkitB FB page and see nothing. Help?

#3020 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I am looking at the SkitB FB page and see nothing. Help?

Nothing there that isn't here.

Except more pics of Duck Hunt!

#3021 10 years ago

I want to like it but it's not giving me that "wow" reaction, but will have to withhold final judgement until I see a populated and lit playfield.

#3022 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Me. Flatish (edit) monochromatic red skull seems a little weird. Figured Yoric'd be more gory with little bits and such.
Happy?
EDIT: The mid-field feels just a touch empty, very likely fixed when populated. Other than that, I really like the use of color. Even un-lit there's a lot of nice contrast. Can't wait to see a better image!

Im confident and hopeful that this playfield art will be tweaked MANY times and that everyones suggestions are all taken into consideration before the trigger is pulled on the final design. Now lets see some hi res close ups!!

#3023 10 years ago

I was hoping for an unmasked Predator somewhere in there...

#3024 10 years ago

i see a lot of blue, not sure if it goes with the cab.
thats some wide left shoulder on awwnold

#3025 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Im confident and hopeful that this playfield art will be tweaked MANY times and that everyones suggestions are all taken into consideration before the trigger is pulled on the final design. Now lets see some hi res close ups!!

The artist has taken every comment to heart and in stride so far. Don't see a reason that would stop. The more I look at it, the more that skull seems weird, especially next to the visceral imagery of the bodies a couple inches north west of it. It's almost hiding.

Must reiterate, over all very cool. Love the dark blue background choice with the yellow/orange explosions. I'm utterly ignorant of process here: Does text and number come later? I'm missing that "WOW: Pinball!!! MFers!" factor as kmoore admits, and I wonder if that is due to all the little missing tips and scores and shit.

#3026 10 years ago

I think it looks pretty good, yet it is really dark...probably looks nicer populated in a cabinet.

#3027 10 years ago

I think it looks rad. The predator looks great as well as the gang. Nice break from the usual "ladder" insert layout. The trees look good. The explosions are a little iffy but not bad.

#3028 10 years ago

I agree with kmoore88, it does seem to lack that initial 'wow' factor for me too. I guess I didn't expect the whole upper half of the playfield to be simply exploding huts that lack dimensionality. Only one image of the Predator on the playfield?
I'm still excited for the total package however, and once populated I'm sure it'll be nothing less than 100% tits. Still in!

#3029 10 years ago

Some pics

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3030 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

The artist has taken every comment to heart and in stride so far. Don't see a reason that would stop. The more I look at it, the more that skull seems weird, especially next to the visceral imagery of the bodies a couple inches north west of it. It's almost hiding.
Must reiterate, over all very cool. Love the dark blue background choice with the yellow/orange explosions. I'm utterly ignorant of process here: Does text and number come later? I'm missing that "WOW: Pinball!!! MFers!" factor as kmoore admits, and I wonder if that is due to all the little tips and points and shit.

How do you mean weird? It's straight from the movie..the predator palming the human skull...admiring his trophy. The pf captured the feel very nicely I think, the tress, the explosion, the blues, yellows and green.

#3031 10 years ago

Next

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3032 10 years ago

1 more

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3033 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I was hoping for an unmasked Predator somewhere in there...

Yes.

I was envisioning a cool update on the CFTBL hologram... image changes from masked to unmasked during wizard mode or something...

#3034 10 years ago

I dig it, looks sick and will likely look even better when populated!

#3035 10 years ago

I'm imagining it with some plastics that look like trees and brush....ala special forces. The only thing I can say is it needs a little more red..

special_force_5.jpgspecial_force_5.jpg

#3036 10 years ago

I agree, it needs more red. MOAR BLOOD!

That red skull though, it's just odd looking. I'm guessing it's supposed to be covered in blood, but it doesn't look right as is, just looks like its a skull painted with red paint.

My other issue is why isn't there any art in the upper corners? Maybe once it's populated it will make sense.

Overall though, I really, really like the way it turned out.

#3037 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

How do you mean weird? It's straight from the movie..the Predator palming the human skull...admiring his trophy.

I seriously don't need to be told anything about Predator. The line drawing is great, the color is flat and seems out of place. It doesn't look like bone all gory and bloody, it looks like it's been dipped in DQ Cherry Dilly Bar shell. Or like it's made of red almond bark. Or like he's just beheaded Red Skull from Captain American. Or something.

#3038 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

What about those of us who don't want the art changed. Are you saying they should only listen to the about dozen or so of you out of 250 who think the art is wrong or needs to be fixed? Art is subjective and they can't please everyone who thinks something should be changed. If they change it to how you want it, then what if someone comes in saying it looked better the old way? It would be a continuous cycle and the art would never be done.

Also, did none of you notice that they had no problem giving us art updates until a few of you wanted changes made? Yeah, the artist made the changes, but they also stopped showing the art.

While SkitB has considered a lot of feedback from us but they also have their general vision of what the machine should look like, how it should play and what all should be incorporated. I have faith that when it is all put together it is going to be an awesome machine that my wife and I are going to enjoy very much and I don't feel the need to nitpick over tiny details.

And just so I get my vote it, DO NOT CHANGE THE ART!!!

Side note: I own a JP and I like the art on it. However, Nedry's hand looks like a 6 year old had drawn it, and yet somehow I still manage to really enjoy playing it. It's such a struggle, but yet I power through.

#3039 10 years ago

Did some quick cleanup on the photos.

pred1.jpgpred1.jpg

#3040 10 years ago

Playfield looks great - can't wait to see it populated and under different lighting conditions. Nice job guys!

#3041 10 years ago

I think it looks great, exceeded my expectations by a mile. Great job Skit-B!

#3042 10 years ago

James Dubay is the man!......very nicely done for your first Pinball machine.

I love your old school style James.

I was away for thirty minutes picking up some steaks at the store and the playfield picture gets posted on facebook.

Nice job Kevin, Aaron and Steve.........

How many new posts by 8AM tomorrow?

Chris #4

#3043 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm imagining it with some plastics that look like trees and brush....ala special forces. The only thing I can say is it needs a little more red..

Waaaay early in their first thread I had referenced this early Nordman game. I thought the jungle canopy effect of the plastics and "dirt" ramps were a perfect fit for Predator.

I still want to find a cheap Special Force one day. It's a cool little game for maybe $500-$600.

#3044 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Did some quick cleanup on the photos.

Thanks man, that helps a lot. Man the lower half of the playfield is f'ing gorgeous. That skull is still odd, in your image it looks like a tootsie pop. But I'm pleasantly surprised at the color on the figures and that's not easy to do. Love Mac's expression! He's a little light, but, that brother's damn near jet black so...

Quoted from kvan99:

I think the palette is spot f'ing on. It looks dark and hidden. I love the (sparsley used and very dark) blue. There's probably 15 minutes of Predator that is JUST blue and black during the POV shots, and this calls that to mind especially well. Keep in mind the black light stuff, remember? Lighting is going to make this whole field POP.

EDIT: HA! Ok, so, as I spent numerous years in web/graphic design, I have to give the artist props for just saying, "Ah.... fuck it" with that branch in front of Dutch's right hand!

#3046 10 years ago

Thinking on it too........2 thumbs up!

#3047 10 years ago

Hey Art... If you get yours before the week of October 14th, think we maybe can come play it? We'll be in Orlando again that week for husband's birthday.

#3048 10 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

What about those of us who don't want the art changed. Are you saying they should only listen to the about dozen or so of you out of 250 who think the art is wrong or needs to be fixed? Art is subjective and they can't please everyone who thinks something should be changed. If they change it to how you want it, then what if someone comes in saying it looked better the old way? It would be a continuous cycle and the art would never be done.
Also, did none of you notice that they had no problem giving us art updates until a few of you wanted changes made? Yeah, the artist made the changes, but they also stopped showing the art.
While SkitB has considered a lot of feedback from us but they also have their general vision of what the machine should look like, how it should play and what all should be incorporated. I have faith that when it is all put together it is going to be an awesome machine that my wife and I are going to enjoy very much and I don't feel the need to nitpick over tiny details.
And just so I get my vote it, DO NOT CHANGE THE ART!!!
Side note: I own a JP and I like the art on it. However, Nedry's hand looks like a 6 year old had drawn it, and yet somehow I still manage to really enjoy playing it. It's such a struggle, but yet I power through.

Don't get me wrong. Im never once said that the artwork needs changed.. All im saying is that Im sure it will constantly be tweaked before production. Also, there are many outside of Pinside that Im sure have left feedback.... not saying that skitb should listen to just us "dozen" or so. Bottom line - I love the artwork and everything else the team has been doing to get this exciting project out. Pinball history is being made before our eyes. Im just glad to be a part of it.

#3049 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I think the palette is spot f'ing on. It looks dark and hidden. I love the (sparsley used and very dark) blue. There's probably 15 minutes of Predator that is JUST blue and black during the POV shots, and this calls that to mind especially well. Keep in mind the black light stuff, remember? Lighting is going to make this whole field POP.
EDIT: HA! Ok, so, as I spent numerous years in web/graphic design, I have to give the artist props for just saying, "Ah.... fuck it" with that branch in front of Dutch's right hand!

Amen brother...this picture captures 50% of the look, the rest is lighting, plastics and inserts..that will complete the picture.

#3050 10 years ago

I JUST CREAMED MY F<(*!N JEANS

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Profanity

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.