View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 143.
#2851 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I would still expect a good number of people on the wait list to get games. Once they actually start requiring significant payments, more people will drop off. Kevin said less than 10% dropped during the deposit stage. Even if you use numbers like 5-8% (which I feel is low) at the next stage, that frees up 12-20 spots. If I was on the wait list below number 20, I would feel pretty good.

I think he is extremely safe being No. 9 on the waiting list. Big difference in asking for $250 as a refundable deposit and $4,250 when the game is ready. People may simply not be able to come up with the case; I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.

That said, I'm sure glad I got in on this early so I don't have to sweat it out, cause this game is going to be epic! No. 37!!!

#2852 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think he is extremely safe being No. 9 on the waiting list. Big difference in asking for $250 as a refundable deposit and $4,250 when the game is ready. People may simply not be able to come up with the case; I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.
That said, I'm sure glad I got in on this early so I don't have to sweat it out, cause this game is going to be epic! No. 37!!!

I believe they are shooting for $4750 so it is laid out as $250 initial deposit then $2250 when they start building and another $2250 when it's shipped. Whatever the shipping cost is looking at around 5k total if you have it shipped.

#2853 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I believe they are shooting for $4750 so it is laid out as $250 initial deposit then $2250 when they start building and another $2250 when it's shipped. Whatever the shipping cost is looking at around 5k total if you have it shipped.

Im within driving distance!!

#2854 11 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Im within driving distance!!

Lucky dog

#2855 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm thinking the drop out rate when the real money is being requested is going to be around 15%-20%.

I don't think it will be that high due to how limited the run is. Sure there will be some but I think it may be closer to 10%. A great theme at 250 is such a small run and with the emphasis being put on software I think this pin has a great potential to go way up in value when released and in the years to come. Not to mention the how affordable the pin will be if they hit the $4750 mark compared to all the other pins being released nowadays. I could be wrong it definitely would not be the first time it's just my gut feeling.

It will be interesting to see how many actually do drop out. Either way, I look forward to getting this pin and playing the hell out of it!

#2856 11 years ago

Will there be cows in this game?

#2857 11 years ago

The word is...NO cows...NO ponies...

#2858 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I don't think it will be that high due to how limited the run is. Sure there will be some but I think it may be closer to 10%. A great theme at 250 is such a small run and with the emphasis being put on software I think this pin has a great potential to go way up in value when released and in the years to come. Not to mention the how affordable the pin will be if they hit the $4750 mark compared to all the other pins being released nowadays. I could be wrong it definitely would not be the first time it's just my gut feeling.
It will be interesting to see how many actually do drop out. Either way, I look forward to getting this pin and playing the hell out of it!

Amen brother...I think the drop outs will only be due to changes in finances, job stauts..etc, and that number may be much lower than 10%. If I had not communicated with these guys and not witnessed their commitment to the game first hand I would factor in a higher number, mainly because the game play likeability would garner the highest drop out rate..but once I saw they were on the same page as far as flow and depth and over all look, I feel the game is going to be hit.

#2859 11 years ago

The number should be low, but as stated, there WILL be changes in peoples situation. Things might be greatly different 3 to 5 months from now.

#2860 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The number should be low, but as stated, there WILL be changes in peoples situation. Things might be greatly different 3 to 5 months from now.

This is why I think the drop out rate will be high. Also, pinball fanatics tend to be a little impulsive. Some may run out of room. Some may drop their wad on Star Trek. Some may go through a divorce. Just never can tell.

I think the game is going to be phenomenal though and everyone who drops out is going to be missing out BBB style. You other guys may be right and perhaps the 10% that failed to make the $250 deposit will represent the bulk of the drop outs . . . but there are a lot of people in on this game that have never bought a NIB before . . . that may get cold feet last second.

For all you on the waiting list, I sincerely hope you guys get your chance.

#2861 11 years ago

Looking forward to Hilton's review from MPE. I'm on the wait list with fingers crossed.

#2862 11 years ago

Yeah, that's what I mean...the number SHOULD be low. BUT, who knows what's gonna happen with Metallica and Star Trek. The timing of the release i feel is gonna be important. What do you think...

#2863 11 years ago

I'm within biking distance of Skit B. industries.

#2864 11 years ago

You can't put a pin on a BIKE!

#2865 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is why I think the drop out rate will be high. Also, pinball fanatics tend to be a little impulsive. Some may run out of room. Some may drop their wad on Star Trek. Some may go through a divorce. Just never can tell.

Yeah. It's very difficult to predict the drop out rate on a game like this, that's why I just went with a number around their initial rate. Im not sure we will have any idea where it's gonna go until the first dozen or so people get their machines. Their receptions may make a big difference. That should give us a good idea.

Im eagerly awaiting what's next.

#2866 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Yeah. It's very difficult to predict the drop out rate on a game like this, that's why I just went with a number around their initial rate. Im not sure we will have any idea where it's gonna go until the first dozen or so people get their machines. Their receptions may make a big difference. That should give us a good idea.
Im eagerly awaiting what's next.

I can't wait #16

#2867 11 years ago

Yeah, I like being #55/90. By that time we'll have a good idea what's going on and probably have played the game itself!

#2868 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, I like being #55/90. By that time we'll have a good idea what's going on and probably have played the game itself!

production order 40 for me.
So there should be some good feed back by then.

#2869 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You can't put a pin on a BIKE!

Oh yes I can a few pieces at a time till I have the whole machine!

#2870 11 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Oh yes I can a few pieces at a time till I have the whole machine!

Pinsiders Will Find A Way!

#2871 11 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

production order 40 for me.
So there should be some good feed back by then.

I think that's a good number to be. I originally referred to the first dozen or so as guinea pigs, but changed it so as not to offend anyone.

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem being early because I think these guys are going to be pretty careful with the game.

#2872 11 years ago

Yeah, the first ones I'm sure they will want perfect! Small crew building, correct?

#2873 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think that's a good number to be. I originally referred to the first dozen or so as guinea pigs, but changed it so as not to offend anyone.
Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem being early because I think these guys are going to be pretty careful with the game.

You would think they would be the best ones,after a while it would seem like a job

#2874 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, the first ones I'm sure they will want perfect! Small crew building, correct?

You beat me Ted

#2875 11 years ago

Great minds think alike!

#2876 11 years ago

Great minds think alike!

Sorry, I can't help myself. LOL, every time I hear the above I think of the counter quote.

Fools.jpgFools.jpg

#2878 11 years ago

We have to agree to one thing..whatever the drop out rate, there will be others waiting to take their place. Think about how much a B title costs these day say for example RBION...2.5K-3K, the game is not exactly a boatload of fun either, or Xmen and TF pro, about 4.5-5K each, Predator is practically in the same price range..at a limited run of 250, we've all seen the PF and the art, we've all seen the niceties dropped in such as color changing LEDs, UV paint, clear coat..Pro Fidelity speakers makes this game a head an shoulder above the competetion in that price range.

#2879 11 years ago

Uh oh...the wife is calling...you know what THAT means! G'nite fellas!!!

#2880 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

In that case I'm happy to be a pig. Never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth thats for sure.

I have faith in the team they know getting them out right from the start will be very important to the success of the project as you mentioned. Skit-B seems to be putting some serious dedication and focus in on this venture. They have done and said the right things to this point. I want to get some serious play time on this pin as soon as possible. Oh man this pin addiction is something else I want this pin in the house as of yesterday.

#2881 11 years ago

Looking forward to the SkitB crew showing up tomorrow at the MPE. Gotta give them credit, they are tenacious in their endeavors. We are excited for them to be showing their pin at the Michigan Pinball Expo again this year. Our Predator friend will be returning this year as well to showcase his potential Predator topper.

Post edited by GrueLurks : added images

#2882 11 years ago

Doh!

576427_10152359732970221_2034592117_n[.jpg576427_10152359732970221_2034592117_n[.jpg 575851_10151520674365221_132101986_n[1.jpg575851_10151520674365221_132101986_n[1.jpg

#2883 11 years ago

damn hippy! move out of the way

#2884 11 years ago

Hah! Love that photo!

#2885 11 years ago

Dude behind the pin has a sweet mullet.

#2886 11 years ago

Yeah, that mullet had deadly flow. Damn nice.
On another note...hoping to attend the MPE tomorrow and see what I can see.

#2887 11 years ago

I will be a happy guinea as well! I think I am 5th in queue.

Chris #4

#2888 11 years ago

I propose a moratorium on this thread until SkitB shows up with their huge update starting right after I click...

#2889 11 years ago

What happened to the April 1st mega update that Kevin said about?

#2890 11 years ago

Look at post above you....

#2891 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

What happened to the April 1st mega update that Kevin said about?

It was never said to be April 1st. It was always said to be in April. They are still on track for end of April as said in Kevin's last update here.

Quoted from navajas:

I propose a moratorium on this thread until SkitB shows up with their huge update starting right after I click...

At this point I would hope that they just start a new thread with the big update.

#2892 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

*Sigh*

Ok, one more try. I propose a moratorium on this thread until SkitB shows up with their huge update starting right after I click...

#2893 11 years ago

OOPS, sorry, I slipped on the keyboard...

#2894 11 years ago

i've been reading this thread since the beginning and i have no order and i can't wait to see more updates. it seems pretty slow right now, can't wait to see the final pic of the playfield.

#2895 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We're pushing everyone involved to have our biggest (and final?) update on the machine itself by the end of April.

from page 55. Probably some small updates this week, but in regards to a big reveal, not until the end of April (if then)

#2896 11 years ago

Im pretty anxious for an update as well.

#2897 11 years ago

I'm so excited for an update I fell out of the bathtub.

#2898 11 years ago

Add a poll for a moratorium.

#2899 11 years ago

I vote no

#2900 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I'm so excited for an update I fell out of the bathtub.

I laughed and don't even know WHY that's funny!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.