View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 143.
#2501 11 years ago

Predator feels very different to me from videos, studying gameplay, and the little amount I played the early proto at Expo. It is hard to explain but, it just seems unique to me. I can't really pick out any other game at this stage that is 'feels' similar to.

If you are on the fence, I would say the biggest pro about any other game it that you can just go buy it now. Predator delivery is ???? who really knows when???

Biggest pro about predator is that you get to ask questions and interact with the Skit-B team as thing progress. It is more about the journey than the final destination for me at this stage. I still love that so far I have basically ponyed up only $250 in order to help some guys in a basement (similar to me but with much more talent) follow a dream.

#2502 11 years ago

I believe in giving credit where credit is due and the SkitB team is doing something that we all wish we could do, designing and producing a kick ass machine that will be played and talked about for years to come. The fact that its conception came from a bunch of guys in a basement only makes it more personal and something we all can relate to. Last I checked, Steve Jobs started out in his garage and well you guys know the rest of that story. These guys obviously know there shit when it comes to the intricate workings of a pinball machine, enough to create their own. I have no doubt the game will be a daisy and SkitB will reap the rewards. As for SkitB "getting their shit together as a company" I think this is what they are doing. Its a new company and with that comes mistakes and growing pains. Thats how you get better and improve as a company. Obviously Marc doesn't know shit from wild honey when it comes to running a business. No offence intended.

*SideNote* Tombstone would be a great theme for a Pinball Machine

#2503 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Fifth element?

Fifth Element has one of the hottest chicks ever

#2504 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Predator feels very different to me from videos, studying gameplay, and the little amount I played the early proto at Expo. It is hard to explain but, it just seems unique to me. I can't really pick out any other game at this stage that is 'feels' similar to.
If you are on the fence, I would say the biggest pro about any other game it that you can just go buy it now. Predator delivery is ???? who really knows when???
Biggest pro about Predator is that you get to ask questions and interact with the Skit-B team as thing progress. It is more about the journey than the final destination for me at this stage. I still love that so far I have basically ponyed up only $250 in order to help some guys in a basement (similar to me but with much more talent) follow a dream.

I understand helping a little guy and getting a behind the scene look is great. As you have played it I know just the prototype but did have a real pinball feel. I mean a real manufactured product as opposed to just a great feel good effort that would still cut it on its own playing merits like if there was no behind the scene story but just the pin itself does it feel like a real honest to goodness machine?

I'd like to relate to the movie Rocky where the little guy upstart fighter going against the world champ. It was a great story but in real life more likely the champ would murder a two bit fighter. But Rocky was more than meets the eye or could be judged by his fight record. Or lack or resume in the case of Skit-B.

#2505 11 years ago

Quick question for you Predator guys...
Is there a waiting list a guy can get on to get one of these machines?
If so how do i get on it?

#2506 11 years ago

There is a waiting list.
Send an email to Kevin Kulek <[email protected]>

...and pray the pinball gods.

#2507 11 years ago

I asked to be put on the list at the beginning of January and 3 weeks later they had a spot open up. I also ponied up the $250 hold It's definitely still possible to get on the bandwagon. You might not have to pray that long

#2508 11 years ago

Sending the email now
thanks JLM33

#2509 11 years ago

Ask Marc...he has one for ya....

#2510 11 years ago

Rai,

Yes, even the early proto I played at expo was a real deal pinball. It is not just some halfazzed attempt with a feel good story.

Similar to WOZ and the P3 games at Expo, they were protos and felt that way. However, I have no reason to think all of these protos will not be well polished when complete. Actually of the 3 protos at Expo, Predator was by far the most complete code at that time.

#2511 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Rai,Yes, even the early proto I played at expo was a real deal pinball. It is not just some halfazzed attempt with a feel good story.Similar to WOZ and the P3 games at Expo, they were protos and felt that way. However, I have no reason to think all of these protos will not be well polished when complete. Actually of the 3 protos at Expo, Predator was by far the most complete code at that time.

I agree, the code was by far more complete then the other two. I am looking forward to the April update!

Chris

#2512 11 years ago

I dont care if they build these things in rusty barns with plastic spoons. As long as they keep to their word, it will be all we hoped for.

#2513 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Sending the email now
thanks JLM33

Good luck bud. Its 250.00 down with 2250 when they start making yours and another 2250 before they ship. 4750.00 total.

#2514 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Good luck bud. Its 250.00 down with 2250 when they start making yours and another 2250 before they ship. 4750.00 total.

This is not yet official, though every time they mention price they've said they're still at the under $5k target.

I expect we'll know more in a day or three.

#2515 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

This is not yet official, though every time they mention price they've said they're still at the under $5k target.
I expect we'll know more in a day or three.

what is going on in a day or three? did I miss something?

#2516 11 years ago

Ok i got an email back from Kevin today I'm officially on the wait list
By the way one of my fave sound bites from the movie was when the predator was imitating Mac
On this video at 1 min 25 seconds I always liked it
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CXQJuBtCExI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCXQJuBtCExI

#2517 11 years ago

It's obvious the guys are in over their heads, but for $250 I'm willing to fund their r&d, and hopefully the game at the end of the ride will be worth it. I'd feel different if I had prepaid the entire machine.

#2518 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

what is going on in a day or three? did I miss something?

Yes. You missed me not knowing what month it is. :-/

#2519 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's obvious the guys are in over their heads, but for $250 I'm willing to fund their r&d, and hopefully the game at the end of the ride will be worth it. I'd feel different if I had prepaid the entire machine.

Please explain how it is obvious...

#2520 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Yes. You missed me not knowing what month it is. :-/

Ahhh Ok!

#2521 11 years ago

If you did not expect prolonged delay from the original expected release then you had your head covered deep in sand. $250 deposit likely refundable is nothing compared to what other companies are requiring. It looks all good to me they are making progress and with each update I am getting more excited. Keep your head up Skit-B can't wait for the next update.

#2522 11 years ago

Dude! I just recorded TBL and will FINALLY watch it this weekend!

#2523 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ted you have never watched it .... A director foregoing the beauty that is TBL.... And to think I picked the winning number in the Gorillas first give away you ended up winning... Hope you like it as much as I do buddy.

#2524 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Isn't that like a sci-fi writer never having read Bradbury? An anthropologist who's never heard of Richard Leaky? Or, uhm, a 17 year old boy who's never laid eyes on Gianna Michaels?

#2525 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How did you ever miss it? It's a great movie, that will make you want to go get a bottle of Kahlua, creamer and some vodka, afterwards. And if you weren't a fan of John Goodman before TBL, you will be after you see it. He's F'n great in this movie. He will teach you why you do not "F" a stranger in the ass.

#2526 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

And if you weren't a fan of John Goodman before TBL, you will be after you see it.

Walter is my favorite character out of all the movies I have ever watched (and that is a lot). Brilliant job by Goodman! Okay sorry for getting off topic I better go make a few white russians now.

#2527 11 years ago

Do you see what happens Larry?? Do you see what happens when you f#@k a stranger in the ass!!

chevrolet-corvette-1984-1996-and-the-b.jpgchevrolet-corvette-1984-1996-and-the-b.jpg

#2528 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Isn't that like a sci-fi writer never having read Bradbury? An anthropologist who' never heard of Richard Leaky? Or, uhm, a 17 year old boy who's never laid eyes on Giana Michaels?

hah! Most of my stuff is in the sci-fi end. No excuse, I'll watch it tomorrow!

#2529 11 years ago

#81, deposit $$$ down, keep up the great work.

#2530 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Your done? Great, so cash in your Predator slot and let someone else have a chance. Maybe someone that actually knows how to provide some substance along with any critque.
I have NO issues with any opinion, but frankly right now your opinion sounds like "WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA". If you actually have some constructive critisim then take the 2 minutes to write out a thoughtful post and share it. It is one of the things I actually like about this project... SkitB will actually read your post and likely address concerns. As of now, you have not even given them anything to address. make sense?

Well. Someone has to talk facts. It may as well be me. Marc is fine in my eyes. If he would have included reasons for his outlook change, it would not have mattered. This thread (some folks within it) are not able to conduct mature discussions. Why do I speak so boldly? Lol. Last Dec-2012, within this very thread, I spoke out an opinion that went against the grain. My opinion was I scored Skit B & team low on points one day...because it had been months without an update on Predator. Yet one day there was a lengthy post from Kevin about fun at the Shark club and quarters filling the tubs of pins. no material comment for Predator. I mentioned it here and OH BOY!!!!!!! I was told I was a thread crapper! I could not afford the game. I was not loyal...I should give up my slot! Why post if I had nothing nice to say...yada yada..bores me to even remember it and makes my stomach sick to observe Marc going through this same BS here! Seriously! Unreal!

Facts are facts...I do not misrepresent anything I say in a public forum. Backread if you wish to confirm my same public bashing here in this thread! Most of the same folks being hard on Marc were hard on me as well. Why? Why? Because you do not agree and then, while safe behind a computer monitor, decide to POUND a fellow pinside member over silly BS!!! Whatever! Makes me sick to see Marc go through this BS. He simply contributed to a public forum and as usual...folks got their feathers ruffled and started the BS over really...really...nothing. Just a way of picking a fight and hoping to push someone off the Predator Build order list. Yahoo forums act more maturely and are more civilized IMO. It should not be that way...a few people here are ruining it for others! They are irritating and just not nice in general!!!

Kevin...please monitor and help this situation for the betterment of Pinside which most of us use and enjoy without picking fights over silly issues!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!

#2531 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Well. Someone has to talk facts. It may as well be me. Marc is fine in my eyes. If he would have included reasons for his outlook change, it would not have mattered. This thread (some folks within it) are not able to conduct mature discussions. Why do I speak so boldly? Lol. Last Dec-2012, within this very thread, I spoke out an opinion that went against the grain. My opinion was I scored Skit B & team low on points one day...because it had been months without an update on Predator. Yet one day there was a lengthy post from Kevin about fun at the Shark club and quarters filling the tubs of pins. no material comment for Predator. I mentioned it here and OH BOY!!!!!!! I was told I was a thread crapper! I could not afford the game. I was not loyal...I should give up my slot! Why post if I had nothing nice to say...yada yada..bores me to even remember it and makes my stomach sick to observe Marc going through this same BS here! Seriously! Unreal!
Facts are facts...I do not misrepresent anything I say in a public forum. Backread if you wish to confirm my same public bashing here in this thread! Most of the same folks being hard on Marc were hard on me as well. Why? Why? Because you do not agree and then, while safe behind a computer monitor, decide to POUND a fellow pinside member over silly BS!!! Whatever! Makes me sick to see Marc go through this BS. He simply contributed to a public forum and as usual...folks got their feathers ruffled and started the BS over really...really...nothing. Just a way of picking a fight and hoping to push someone off the Predator Build order list. Yahoo forums act more maturely and are more civilized IMO. It should not be that way...a few people here are ruining it for others! They are irritating and just not nice in general!!!
Kevin...please monitor and help this situation for the betterment of Pinside which most of us use and enjoy without picking fights over silly issues!!!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!

Man I love that pinside has an ignore button...
Thanks for helping use that feature.

#2532 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Man I love that pinside has an ignore button...
Thanks for helping use that feature.

Yes I understand. Some people run/ignore issues...some people address them head on. To each is own and it is their perogative! No problem here friend! Peace and best wishes to you!

Crazy internet! Thanks for taking the time to drop in and insult...fuel the fire. Lol...thank you very much, please drive through

#2533 11 years ago

I think you're over reacting pinballdad. I don't fault anyone for their opinions, I think what irked people was that he said Skit-B needed to get their shit together, hinted at some personal slight or maltreatment, and then refused to describe it. It very much seemed like he got exactly out of his post what he wanted: Stir the shit, get people pissed at him, sit back and have people beg to know his secret dirt.

Whatever. I was 10x more annoyed at the affect than the statement. You know? He has a grievance with Skit-B? Fine. But if it's your own secret private burden and you have no intention of telling anyone what it is, why broadcast it to the forum? I'll tell you why: To engender the exact response he received.

I don't mind you one bit, and I think monkey putting you on ignore is likewise an overreaction, but I think you're reaching here.

#2534 11 years ago

Hey nava. Ok...let's be cool here. I am cool here with you. However, if...if...I backread and copy paste from Dec/2012...trust me friend. I have backread already and took a 1 month break from pinside already because of it...if I copy/paste from back then, Marc is going to come out looking like a real hero here. I don't care about me...Marc will shine though. This thread cannot digest and discuss anything remotely non-mainstream "Fan-Boy" related. It is sad and I can back up what I am saying here...sadly

Peace man...were ok

#2535 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

But if it's your own secret private burden and you have no intention of telling anyone what it is, why broadcast it to the forum?

Attention whoring at its finest

#2536 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

If you have a legit complaint, sober up and explain it intelligibly.

#2537 11 years ago

^

#2538 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Hey nava. Ok...let's be cool here. I am cool here with you. However, if...if...I backread and copy paste from Dec/2012...trust me friend. I have backread already and took a 1 month break from pinside already because of it...if I copy/paste from back then, Marc is going to come out looking like a real hero here. I don't care about me...Marc will shine though. This thread cannot digest and discuss anything remotely non-mainstream "Fan-Boy" related. It is sad and I can back up what I am saying here...sadly
Peace man...were ok

I'm not a fanboy though man, I'm not. I've said shit straight up and plain that goes against the rah rah flag wavers, but I do it without pretense. Yeah, I got jumped for making some critiques of the art on the filed, but I explained myself and let the fan boy crap slide. I didn't make a big drama dump about it though and not a day later the f'ing artist came in and supported what I said. That shut the "All or nothing//black or white" crowd right up. If I remember, Skit-B came in and said what you typed was above the belt.

Folks just need to be not so reactionary on both sides.

EDIT: GO SOUNDERS!
EDIT 2: Damnit.

#2539 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

/ // Error: Image 78876 not found //

#2540 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Peace man...were ok

It would seem you're missing the whole point that navajas was trying to convey. Marc came in here and made a pointless statement about Skit-B needing to get their shit together. Why would anyone make a post like that without explaining? He wanted the reaction that would get people fired up, that's why. I'm by no means a fanboy either but that doesn't mean I can't support what Skit-B is doing. I've gave some grading that wasn't 10's across the board and no one seemed to have a problem with it. With all that being said I don't care what message board you frequent, the majority of them will burn you at the stake if you come into a thread and type out a half rumor without an explanation then hightale it out of here and watch the fireworks go off. That post was nothing more than trolling plain and simple.

Now as for your problem in December it has nothing to do with this current situation and when you were having problems I actually agreed with your posts. I also agree there are a select few that have a mob mentality and are just looking to flame anyone that has a differing opinion. I don't agree with that at all.

So ill leave it at this.... Marc if you know something that we don't know post it and maybe it will get fixed. If you don't want to post it then your original fire starting post should have never happened and you should have just emailed Skit-B directly.

#2541 11 years ago

LOL, wow relax all it is pinball and we are talking about a new pin with an awesome theme from a new pinball company. It's fine to have criticism many of us have expressed it here and in the other thread. What I think kind of sucks is to call many that are just excited about the project and actually like the way things have progressed so far fan boys. So they have a different view point of the situation they must be fanboys? Many of the so called fanboys in this thread at one time or another have made criticisms of the project. So if you have real criticism express it or don't. Marc came in expressed that he has criticism but will not say why. Then why say it at all?

The good part about all this is many are excited and if anyone feels that the project is not their style they can likely get their deposit back easily and a pinhead on the waitlist gets the call they have been waiting for. Not saying if you have any criticism just give up your spot just stating that it is a good luxery to have for us on the list.

#2542 11 years ago

You can all expose your manginas, just do it in private.

#2543 11 years ago

Damn.....20+ posts and no update. Just internet slapping.

#2544 11 years ago

i'm hoping skit b decides to do Monty Python, futurama or something funny next.

If you guys love Arnold a Conan pin would be epic as its been decades since Bally/Williams made pins with Barbarian like themes

#2545 11 years ago

have you ever seen a grown man naked?

#2546 11 years ago

tumblr_ltkb6veKIs1qmckr5o1_250.giftumblr_ltkb6veKIs1qmckr5o1_250.gif

#2548 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

These issues are silly, to be sure, but that's one of my favorite things about PinSide: When there's an issue, it's usually (USUALLY) just silly.

This is a fun, happy thread full of random crap, loosely related to pinball with the occasional update or discussion from our end. A hefty majority of the regulars to this particular thread are pre-owners who are pretty excited to see their game coming together, so it's essentially all positive aura throughout. If something comes up that isn't congruent to that exact aura, it will likely be met with a bit of resistance, just based on human reaction. It doesn't make people fickle, or stupid, or hivemind, or fan boys, it just makes them people. Imagine if a Nazi soldier spoke out against Hitler at a rally in the early 40's. That soldier would be right in doing so (obviously), but imagine the sh*tstorm he would have faced after doing so. A pretty strong analogy, but I think it works.

That is certainly not to say that negative remarks should be left out of this thread. Quite the opposite. Tons of little things about this game have changed because of YOU, the Pinsiders. Early adopters will remember the side art changes, while more recently we've updated some coding structures and added a few sound clips that people were specifically requesting. This is YOUR game. So many people have helped bring it to its current place, and, seriously now, things rarely change because they're liked. If there's something you don't like, definitely speak up and it will at least be addressed.

On the subject of Marc's posts, I was honestly as in the dark as you all were when I first saw them, the only difference is that I had the ability to go back through my email to find what was going on. Marc obviously wants to keep it to himself, so I won't be sharing it right now, either. It does relate to some of you on here, though, so I will share it later under different pretenses. No worries as to what it is, the game is still moving along at a blistering pace and no numbers have changed or anything like that.

To Pinballdad specifically here, we all have issues with some things at some times. Being perfectly honest here, I don't remember what the issue was last time and I don't care enough to go back and look for it. It was forgotten and we've all moved past it. What I did notice was your overall absence from the thread for some time, and that's upsetting. We, as in Skit-B Pinball, didn't set out to do what we're doing to upset anyone or step on any toes. We want to make games. GAMES. For fun and play. Good times. We've made a LOT more friends during this process than enemies, and we aim to keep it that way throughout. What absolutely kills me is that you had to bail on this thread once, and when you come back, you see some of the same crap. My solace to that lies in the fact that you haven't withdrawn your pre-order and neither has Marc, so I can at least infer that you guys still have high expectations and hopes for the game itself. So to that, I say, thanks for sticking around, and keep the faith, brothers!

/soapbox

#2549 11 years ago

Oh, and Ted...seriously...

Keep in mind that this is coming from a person who has never seen Wizard of Oz, Footloose, Animal House, Star Wars, Avatar, Shrek or Alien(s).

You've never seen The Big Lebowski?! Obviously, you're not a golfer...

In all seriousness, though, watch it. It's really good.

#2550 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Imagine if a Nazi soldier spoke out against Hitler at a rally in the early 40's. That soldier would be right in doing so (obviously), but imagine the sh*tstorm he would have faced after doing so. A pretty strong analogy, but I think it works.

This just in: Skit-B thinks its fanboys are Nazis.

*sigh*
And because I've gotten in trouble in the past for assuming what I type is understood to be satire: The above is an f'ing joke people. Ha!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.