View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 143.
#2451 11 years ago

Firefly and Predator are both 20th Century Fox properties. Just sayin'.

#2452 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Firefly and Predator are both 20th Century Fox properties. Just sayin'.

Let's not pursue that line of reasoning too far.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0339034/

#2453 11 years ago

Academy awards day bump. Did you know that Predator was nominated for an academy award for visual effects in 1987?

It ultimately lost to innerspace.

#2454 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Academy awards day bump. Did you know that Predator was nominated for an academy award for visual effects in 1987?
It ultimately lost to innerspace.

I am sure the Martin Short lobby had something to do with it.......

#2455 11 years ago

Firefly's a great show but I believe Battlestar Galactica would lend itself more to a pin.

1) The show had an ending, for one thing.
2) Lots of prophecy, numbers, etc, lends itself to goals.
3) Collect all 13 Cyclons to light End Battle!
4) Orbits / loops could be Viper dogfights
5) Each mode could end (like episodes usually did) by jumping the ship once goals complete. Shoot into an acrylic lighted JUMP KEY, it rotates, whole game goes "dead" as you jump, then flickers back on, mode complete.
6) Shots and combos to replenish resources (water, food, fuel), except for Booze & Cigarettes which they never ran out of.

#2456 11 years ago

A BSG pin would be freakin' sweet. I would have to get an additional job to save up for that one!

#2457 11 years ago

Whats up ben heck

#2458 11 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

6) Shots and combos to replenish resources (water, food, fuel), except for Booze & Cigarettes which they never ran out of.

This was simply a result of good emergency rationing: Had they run out of booze Tigh would have jumped them into a black hole.

#2459 11 years ago

THIS THREAD BELONGS TO THE PREDATOR!

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/REDEYE03/309870_243935322322871_274120844_n_zps6a3f7ae4.jpg[/IMG]

#2460 11 years ago

How about an "Evil Dead" Pinball

#2461 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I would be ALL OVER THIS!

In fact, I think it would be awesome if SkitB became the "dark horse" of pinball manufacturers and started making all the "Rated R" pins....

Blood / Action / Swearing / Skanky Chicks... (not necessarily in that order, lol)

That way people can have a WoZ if they're concerned about "family friendly" and then us other guys who want titles that might not be as "PG" have options

#2462 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I would be ALL OVER THIS!
In fact, I think it would be awesome if SkitB became the "dark horse" of pinball manufacturers and started making all the "Rated R" pins....
Blood / Action / Swearing / Skanky Chicks... (not necessarily in that order, lol)
That way people can have a WoZ if they're concerned about "family friendly" and then us other guys who want titles that might not be as "PG" have options

YES the pg 13 action/superhero theme is played out!
We need a pinball machine with balls!

#2463 11 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

YES the pg 13 action/superhero theme is played out!
We need a pinball machine with balls!

Well obviously these guys aren't afraid of not having "balls" from the artwork and voice clips I've heard thus far on Predator, which is why I think they'd be the perfect candidate to make more "mature" games

#2464 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well obviously these guys aren't afraid of not having "balls" from the artwork and voice clips I've heard thus far on Predator, which is why I think they'd be the perfect candidate to make more "mature" games

I personally think it takes more "balls" to put out a theme like WOZ for the testosterone-laden and homophobic pinball community.

#2465 11 years ago

At least one of my pins will finally match the bike.

222703_422969534448209_618792175_n.jpg222703_422969534448209_618792175_n.jpg

#2466 11 years ago

That bike is epically awesome...

#2467 11 years ago

That bike makes me want to take lessons and start riding Bad ass.

#2469 11 years ago

I personally think it takes more "balls" to put out a theme like WOZ for the testosterone-laden and homophobic pinball community.

^ Permanently ignored.

#2470 11 years ago

A little birdie says SkitB will have their biggest update yet the first week of April if all goes as planned!

I can't freaking wait,

Chris #4

#2471 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Ghey

#2472 11 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

YES!!!!

#2473 11 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

A little birdie says SkitB will have their biggest update yet the first week of April if all goes as planned!
I can't freaking wait,
Chris #4

Just don't have it be on April 1 or we will all call BS. LOL. I'm hoping they make it out to the TPF!!!!

#2474 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just don't have it be on April 1 or we will all call BS. LOL. I'm hoping they make it out to the TPF!!!!

I was hoping to see them at MGC but I don't think that's gonna happen.

#2475 11 years ago

Update in April, sweet!

#2476 11 years ago

Nothing special to say... but I had to write my 10,000+ karma post on this thread!

Patiently waiting for the next update!

#2477 11 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope, aint gonna happen. Got an email from Kevin today saying they won't be there. Oh, I have so much I would love to write in this thread, I'm not really drinking the Skit-B koolaide anymore. I still feel Predator will be great but Skit-B REALLY needs to get there shit together as a company.

#2478 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Nope, aint gonna happen. Got an email from Kevin today saying they won't be there. Oh, I have so much I would love to write in this thread, I'm not really drinking the Skit-B koolaide anymore. I still feel Predator will be great but Skit-B REALLY needs to get there shit together as a company.

Care to enlighten us? Ive actually found them to be very forthcoming with info and gives info to us straight. Pretty refreshing if you ask me.

#2479 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Care to enlighten us?

Nope. It's nothing egregious...just not a happy camper.

#2480 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Interesting post....If your not drinking it anymore, what do you plan on doing?

#2481 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

as the name suggests, they are some kids in a basement. What do you want from them?

I, selflishly, would prefer they don't attend any shows and work on my pinball.
:p

#2482 11 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Interesting post....If your not drinking it anymore, what do you plan on doing?

Still think the game will be great. Innovative with the UV ink. No change of plans whats-so-ever, still game #32 with build #69. Just lowering the fan boy flag, nothing more.

#2483 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

as the name suggests, they are some kids in a basement.

yep

#2484 11 years ago

Well I'm raising my skit-b fan boy flag higher to offset your lowering
game#34 build #14

#2485 11 years ago

So if you were expecting a multinational company you'll be disappointed. If you realise they are a startup not for profit business building their first pinball machine, and a licenced one at that, then you would cut them some slack for whatever perceived grievance you have.

#2486 11 years ago

Babylon 5 anyone?

#2487 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Babylon 5 anyone?

Fifth element?

#2488 11 years ago

I think Skit B is doing just fine. At least in my eyes. And yes I am on board and waiting for one. =)

They just seem like honest straight shooting guys with a passion for pinball and some cool ideas.

The first title might or might not be epic we will have to wait and see. Just very happy to see more fresh blood in the design gene pool.

#2489 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

you would cut them some slack for whatever perceived grievance you have.

Uh, nope.

Quoted from shootar:

So if you were expecting a multinational company you'll be disappointed.

I was and am fully aware that they are not this and is has no relevance with my concerns.

#2490 11 years ago

April, damn! I'm guessing we'll be seeing what's basically a finished pin at that point. Full colored art and near finished rules?

#2491 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

I think you REALLY need to get your shit together if anything.

Either spill the beans with what your issues are or go piss in somebody else's Cheerios. All this passive aggressive hinting towards some major issue is BS.

Either man up and specifically state what your issues all of a sudden are or admit you are just trying to troll. As of right now, most of are assuming the latter since your claims have NO DETAILS and NO Substance.

#2492 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Either spill the beans with what your issues are or go piss in somebody else's Cheerios. All this passive aggressive hinting towards some major issue is BS.
Either man up and specifically state what your issues all of a sudden are or admit you are just trying to troll. As of right now, most of are assuming the latter since your claims have NO DETAILS and NO Substance.

+1000

#2493 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Far from trolling I can assure you, passive agressive I will conceed. I also realized that it would be an unpopular post prior to hitting send. I've got thick skin so telling me to man up as you put it doesn't really motivate me. <edited>

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Inappropriate material edited.

#2494 11 years ago

My opinon that like it or not I'm entitleed to. Done on the subject.

#2495 11 years ago

Your done? Great, so cash in your predator slot and let someone else have a chance. Maybe someone that actually knows how to provide some substance along with any critque.

I have NO issues with any opinion, but frankly right now your opinion sounds like "WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA". If you actually have some constructive critisim then take the 2 minutes to write out a thoughtful post and share it. It is one of the things I actually like about this project... SkitB will actually read your post and likely address concerns. As of now, you have not even given them anything to address. make sense?

#2496 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Far from trolling I can assure you, passive agressive I will conceed. I also realized that it would be an unpopular post prior to hitting send. I've got thick skin so telling me to man up as you put it doesn't really motivate me. <edited>

Your post is only "unpopular" because it lacks any substance while at the same time bashes SkitB. If you have a real grievance, either post it, or stfu. Anything else is just trolling.

#2497 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Nope. It's nothing egregious...just not a happy camper.

can i have your spot?

#2498 11 years ago

Could someone who has studied the gameplay, rules or even played the proto machine please give me an idea of what it relates to? In other words would you compare Predator to a game like AFM, T2, Tron , IM, SM, LotR? Any of the above none of the above?

What I'm trying to get at is at $5K price tag what other games are in consideration or would be similar?

#2499 11 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

But they taste so good?!

In all seriousness, it is no problem to have a problem with them. Just post what it is. You are never going to wreck Skit-B's image with the rest of us. Most of us are mature enough here to make our own decisions and not follow others.
I have to agree: put up, or shut-up...simple as that. If you have a problem....address it. Like others have said, Skit-B reads these posts and are gracious enough to respond (even to the simplest things). This is a community about helping others in the same hobby....if there is a problem/concern, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest if you elaborated in the name of helping others?? Perhaps we might all benefit.....?

Kyle PRED #156

#2500 11 years ago

To add on to my prior post for example I'd say Predator seems to bring new ideas to the game with unlockable rules as you progress, nice player log on for stat tracker, also small production run is high in favor of Predator.

So if someone was on the fence against a cherry IM, Tron or SM or even would pay more for a nice AFM what pros and cons would Predator bring to those top-25 rated games?

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.