View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 143.
#2301 11 years ago

// Error: Image 71584 not found //sorry trying to upload a pic
My friend Toads received the first t-shirt "Down Under" You could "Up the ante"with an AC/DC BIBLE with each Predator T ha ha

#2302 11 years ago

I STILL haven't gotten my nifty Predator Shirt...

#2303 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I STILL haven't gotten my nifty Predator Shirt...

Me neither

#2304 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

It's awesome, but, what the hell am I going to do with thing in my house of seven and four year old boys? :-/ Maybe development will take another 8 or so years?!

Not everything in a house is made for kids.

I'm sure you have Blurays that are "adult" for you and your wife, a gun showcase, some good Russian vodka, a chainsaw...

Every kid develops at a different rate, but I'd bet the 7 year old next door to me would be fine with it - since he is always running around with a sword chopping off everyone's head.

Lot's of young kids saw the Predator movie when I went to see it.

#2305 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not everything in a house is made for kids.
I'm sure you have Blurays that are "adult" for you and your wife, a gun showcase, some good Russian vodka, a chainsaw...

Well, I guess someone is entitled NOT to have a chainsaw if living in a big city

Then I realized that was the only object in the above list I do have at home... No blurays, but DVD, no Russian Vodka but French cognac/armagnac, no gun but Japanese martial art swords and knives...

#2306 11 years ago

Made ya look

#2307 11 years ago

mean...very mean

#2308 11 years ago

!

3_predator_rage.gif3_predator_rage.gif

#2309 11 years ago

on a side note:

NECA is releasing their Series 8 stuff and I also found a custom Dutch.

These are not related to the predator pin or are they... hmmm

Series8-painted-samples.jpgSeries8-painted-samples.jpg custom.JPGcustom.JPG

#2310 11 years ago

Any updates on the playfield artwork?? Good things come to those who wait, but I wanna play Predator!

#2311 11 years ago

Gettin hungry again

#2312 11 years ago

Yes, please feed us some new info!!

#2313 11 years ago

Cant breathe need update

#2314 11 years ago

You guys crack me up sometimes. Would be great to see some of the latest, but how much could they accomplish in a week?

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#2315 11 years ago

Yep; I'd rather wait a week or a month and get one big update than get fed crumbs. Give the boys time to develop what they are doing and we'll get a nice big update soon enough.

#2316 11 years ago

We're due a "big" update. I think the next one will be awesome.

#2317 11 years ago

I semi-agree!

#2318 11 years ago

Just dragging up the whole "Jackpot noise" debate. I've been thinking quite a bit about this. I was never than keen on it from watching and hearing it from the very start of the project.

So....

I'm convinced the guys are winding us up. When the code/software is complete, I'm 100% certain it will be Dillon saying "God damn Jackpot!"

A little easter egg....which I've just spoilt?

#2319 11 years ago

I think the jackpot noise is ok, but the hunt beeping noise should be changed for the shoulder cannon targeting one. No big deal either way, i just want to get my hands on it and play it to death.

#2320 11 years ago

Random post: We're still alive and continuing to make progress. We are trying as hard as we can to make a ton of changes to the game before the next video update, as we are extremely close to a functional production cantidate model. I just wanted to drop in and kick some tumbleweeds around and let everyone know that we're still plugging away over here, even though updates have somewhat dried up for the time being. Cheers, everybody!

#2321 11 years ago

Thanks for checking in. Figured you were up to your necks in the muck .

#2322 11 years ago

Good to know! Can't wait!

#2323 11 years ago

Hey frolic you just reached 10000 point with that post... Time to pay us a beer to celebrate

#2324 11 years ago

Do you have a projected release date? I dont need the actual date just some where close with a guess. Ive passed up several deals for pins but if its likely gonna release in the 4th quarter of this year or the 1st quarter of next year I could plan around that better. As you know being a collector is a month by month time and money management job. Like I said I dont need an exact date or anything set in stone just a projection for those of us that need to plan around a time.

#2325 11 years ago

An updated window would be appreciated. Those on "the list" will certainly understand setbacks and we're patiently waiting, but there are other pins out there and if the $$$ can be used elsewhere for 6-12 months, it helps to know that!
Can't wait to see more full color artwork. LOVING what I've seen so far.

#2326 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

As you know being a collector is a month by month time and money management job.

I agree. I'm at the front of the line on this one and I've been buying or considering buying a lot of other games over the last few months, so a little bit of planning will be required once I eventually get the call. I'm always hoping for an updated target date, but also understand that projects like this have a way of taking longer than anyone expects.

I'm sure that the guys at SkitB will be fair and give us a proper heads up when the time comes.

#2327 11 years ago

I'm production #186 or something, so I've given up seeing Predator in 2013. I'm cool with that, just being realistic. That actually fuelled my decision to get Avengers now, and I don't regret that at all.

I have nothing to base this on, but my gut says Drano will have his in the summer since he's first... and no one knows how many they can produce a month after that. We could be waiting a while.

#2328 11 years ago

Awesome

#2329 11 years ago

I too would like a very general idea of when the current timeline for delivery will be.
It would help imensely in planning for saving and future purchases/sales.

#2330 11 years ago

Do you have a projected release date? I dont need the actual date just some where close with a guess. Ive passed up several deals for pins but if its likely gonna release in the 4th quarter of this year or the 1st quarter of next year I could plan around that better. As you know being a collector is a month by month time and money management job. Like I said I dont need an exact date or anything set in stone just a projection for those of us that need to plan around a time.

This would be nice information to have.

#2331 11 years ago

Bump for production date expectation

#2332 11 years ago

I received an email from Kevin regarding this but ill wait to see if he comes along and posts it. I dont wanna be out of line if he wants to release that info.

#2333 11 years ago

I don't want them to feel locked into a specific date, and then be dissapointed if they miss deadlines. We have seen that before in the recent past and nobody likes that.

375 degrees, put in oven, remove when golden brown or juice runs clear.

#2334 11 years ago

Yeah, I'd really love a "best guess" rough estimate on when they think they'll be shipping the first pin, and how many they expect to make per week. Again, just some rough guesses would be great. I promise not to hold them to it.

#2335 11 years ago

Well, they once mentioned Christmas 2012, but that seemed overly optimistic and no one ever held their feet to the fire over it.

I think we could handle some rough guesses. Spring, summer, xmas, etc.

I think the biggest issue is the actual production of the machines. they may very well get their prototype done in a reasonable time frame, but churning out machines is a whole other hill to climb and I think Sulky Stevie is going to have his work cut out for him.

#2336 11 years ago

They are gonna release 10 per week till finished

#2337 11 years ago

I'd guess sometime around Christmas..

#2338 11 years ago

Based on the current rate of art development (maybe 20% of the playfield complete in three months - and I'm guessing that's being generous) plus the approval process, I'm thinking were in for a little bit of a wait... In any case, it gives me more time to either figure out which pin I'm gonna sell to make room or put an addition onto my home.

#2339 11 years ago

Sounds like most are OK with the wait but it would be nice if we could get a ballpark/potential release/build (Spring, Summer, end of year, etc).
There have been quite a few that have been holding off on the purchase of other pins and if they had a better idea on approximate build time then maybe they could have bought some new additions.

Hey Kevin, Any chance of paying the total cost for Predator now? If you have a final total cost at this point?

#2340 11 years ago

This is the email I got from Kevin hopefully he doesn't get mad that I posted it but you guys have to remember this is just a projection, nothing more. It doesn't mean it will be released by the date that's posted.

Jon,

We're looking at starting proper production within the next few months and hoping to be moving about ten games per week.  Looking at our books, you're in the later part of the first half of the production cycle, so I would imagine if everything goes as smoothly as possible, you'd be looking at something like July or August.  If we get caught up on something, it may push closer to Christmas for you. 

#2341 11 years ago

I am in the last 1/3 of the production (except if many gave up - I doubt it). I would be happy to have the pin for Xmas '13.

I assume there are (generally stupid) EU rules / certification to obtain before allowing export to Europe?

#2342 11 years ago

From day one I figured I had a good chance of getting my game around Christmas 2013; I think that still sounds about right. I'm in the first 1/4th of orders.

#2343 11 years ago

Let me just reiterate what I was saying in my post above. There was more to my email than just what I posted and don't get your hopes up for that to be the release date. This is just a timeline that Skit-B is trying to iron out and problems can and probably will arise to change dates. So with that being said that was the email I received just to help me try and plan and shouldn't be taken as finalized that way no one should get upset or disappointed if it's released later than that. Other than that....

Carry on to your regularly scheduled posting and remember when all is said and done if I have to wait till next year some time this is gonna be one kickass pin!

Thanks for the email Kevin and sorry I blew the lid on that info.

#2344 11 years ago

We're looking at starting proper production within the next few months and hoping to be moving about ten games per week.

Jon pretty much nailed it for you guys. We're extremely close to having what we would call the "release candidate" of the machine, then we're just waiting on art and approvals. This means we will have quite a bit to show in the next month or so, which is likely to coincide closely with the timing of the Texas Pinball Festival, which we are trying very hard to make it to. While I'm on the subject of shows and public appearances, we have a tentative list of upcoming shows we will be going to. Hopefully some of these are close to you guys, as we are trying to make something of a Continental tour with the completed game while poor Sulkie Stevie and his team are left in the mitten state pounding out production games.

Texas Pinball Festival: 3-15-2013
Michigan Pinball Expo: 4-4-2013
Rocky Mountain Expo: 4-26-2013
Allentown Pinfest: 5-3-2013
Northwest Pinball Expo: 6-6-2013
Pacific Pinball Expo: 2013
Chicago Flip-Out: 10-16-2013
Southern Pinball Festival: 2013

#2345 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Jon pretty much nailed it for you guys. We're extremely close to having what we would call the "release candidate" of the machine, then we're just waiting on art and approvals. This means we will have quite a bit to show in the next month or so, which is likely to coincide closely with the timing of the Texas Pinball Festival, which we are trying very hard to make it to. While I'm on the subject of shows and public appearances, we have a tentative list of upcoming shows we will be going to. Hopefully some of these are close to you guys, as we are trying to make something of a Continental tour with the completed game while poor Sulkie Stevie and his team are left in the mitten state pounding out production games.

I'm actually very impressed with what has been accomplished from some kids in the basement thus far. The fact that the code is in the 90% phase is a testament to the hard work these guys have poured into this game. I would think building a pinball machine the code and rules would be the most time consuming difficult part.

I can't wait to play this bad boy. Can I pay you in beer Kevin

#2346 11 years ago

Thanks for the email Kevin and sorry I blew the lid on that info.

Heheh it's alright. It seems like everyone is understanding that any ballpark we throw out isn't set in stone, so I feel pretty comfortable thinking out loud in our little corner of the forums here. As I said a second ago, we are very close to our release candidate, which, to a programmer or engineer, means damn near done. Now we just have to wait for the business end to catch up, along with legal stuffs in the interim. Art finished, art approvals, toys finalized, parts lists confirmed, suppliers stocked, the list goes on. The silver lining to all of those clouds is that we've had tons of time to balance test and bug test the crap out of this game in our controlled environment. Also it has given us some breathing time to work on our own games a little bit and even got a couple more games here in the shop which has helped ease my stress a bit (I hadn't shopped a game in almost 2 years!), so that's been nice and my personal games are playing a lot better now

#2347 11 years ago

Desperately checking my professional agenda to find an excuse to visit the right US state at the right time... Not so easy...

#2348 11 years ago

Heheh it's alright. It seems like everyone is understanding that any ballpark we throw out isn't set in stone, so I feel pretty comfortable thinking out loud in our little corner of the forums here. As I said a second ago, we are very close to our release candidate, which, to a programmer or engineer, means damn near done. Now we just have to wait for the business end to catch up, along with legal stuffs in the interim. Art finished, art approvals, toys finalized, parts lists confirmed, suppliers stocked, the list goes on. The silver lining to all of those clouds is that we've had tons of time to balance test and bug test the crap out of this game in our controlled environment. Also it has given us some breathing time to work on our own games a little bit and even got a couple more games here in the shop which has helped ease my stress a bit (I hadn't shopped a game in almost 2 years!), so that's been nice and my personal games are playing a lot better now

I can only imagine the pressure it is building a pin and trying to measure up against great pins of the past. As I tell my friends that are doing something important......"Doooon't f#*k up!"

I know it's not halftime of the championship coach speak but it's all I got lol

#2349 11 years ago

Would love to see you guys on the west coast, however I thought this year's PPE was the last.

#2350 11 years ago

Please let us know when the "tentative" Texas appearance becomes "confirmed" thanks so much! And bring me a shirt!!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.