View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 143.
#1951 11 years ago

the artwork looks AWESOME

#1952 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Damnit. Who here's bitching? Good lord.

Did you just ignore a good chunk of the previous posts or just happen to not read them? I just don't wanna see this thread turn into a "this is what the artist should do" thread.

#1953 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

[navajas] broke my heart

Off the list!!! "No pin for you"

#1954 11 years ago

I love all the input coming in about the artwork and I know James does too, but this comment kinda broke my heart a little bit. I know it's totally personal taste at this point, but I just have to say I absolutely love how Hawkins looks on the pf.

Ha. I'm a stone cold heart breaker man. I think Hawkins is a great drawing, I just don't see Hawkins. Could be... it could just be that I'm crazy. I think they're great likenesses with the exception of him and Mac. Mac could go either way though after the ink.

Quoted from T-800:

Did you just ignore a good chunk of the previous posts or just happen to not read them? I just don't wanna see this thread turn into a "this is what the artist should do" thread.

I read every word and I didn't see anyone bitch a single time. I saw people comment that the gun's barrel looked wrong, and that gun's body looked wrong and that Dutch's hands looked off, that sort of thing. How any of that is bitching I don't get. No one was threatening to cancel their machine, blacklist SkitB, etc... In fact, the first bitchy thing I saw on the topic was you telling people to stop bitching.

#1955 11 years ago

I think Hawkins looks like...Hawkins. I didn't realize he went on to write Lethal Weapon, along with doing some other great things. Sweet.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/

#1956 11 years ago

Wow, just wow. James is doing a phenomenal job with the artwork. I have to agree with T-800, just enjoy the art guys. Artists can handle critiques, but nitpicking can be annoying.

#1957 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I think Hawkins looks like...Hawkins. I didn't realize he went on to write Lethal Weapon, along with doing some other great things. Sweet.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000948/

He was actually hired to re-write the movie I think. Didn't, but that was the original gig.

#1958 11 years ago

I never noticed the weapon because I couldn't look past the shoulder. Something about the bottom of it. If constructive criticism is not frowned upon....

deflated.jpgdeflated.jpg

Overall, I think the artist is doing fantastic work.

#1959 11 years ago

Aright, everyone get out....

#1960 11 years ago

New thread time, sans art nitpicking.

#1961 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

New thread time, sans art nitpicking.

Sorry. Just pointing out what I see. FWIW, my deposit was sent AFTER checking over the artwork.

#1962 11 years ago

You're gonna see none of this with multi-balls flying around

#1963 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I never noticed the weapon because I couldn't look past the shoulder. Something about the bottom of it. If constructive criticism is not frowned upon....

#1964 11 years ago

Skit-B encourages feedback... no? New thread time, sans thought police.

#1965 11 years ago

#1966 11 years ago

Wow. Hope none of these folks with their undies in a knot never work in any kind of design field. Yeah, I admit, when I first started in web and icon design I got all huffy when a client had anything but blow jobs to hand out for my WIPs and comps, but I grew up real fast.

For what it's worth, shoulder looks fine to me.

#1967 11 years ago

EDITED: Nevermind. I'm bowing out of this thread. Suffice it to say I'm a paying supporter.

#1968 11 years ago

Guys! Relax! I didn't mean to stir up a shit storm, though I'm not apologizing. I noticed the funky gun since the beginning but like I said, I wasn't going to mention it but saw other people mentioning it. This has always been a positive thread (barring two guys). Let's keep it that way! It was just something brought to attention. I'm still a supporter since day one and have my bucks down no questions asked. I may be "nitpicking" but what we're talking about is a pretty crucial piece of art being laid down. Like Frolic said though, once you see it, you can't stop seeing it.

I love everything about this project and again I'm down no matter what. We're just, for lack of better words, bored and talking. Let's not start arguing and pointing fingers! We're just shootin the shit here!

#1969 11 years ago

Christ, some of you guys are way too damn sensitive. No one is "bitching" we are simply pointing out a few things that we find "off". No one is saying "fuck this, looks horrible". I don't think a single person here doesn't think it looks great overall. Chill out, it's just pinball, and this is a discussion forum, where we are discussing it. Sorry we aren't all just posting nonsense "Deposit Sent!", "Deposit Confirmed!", and "Order Number Blah blah blah, Production Number Blah blah blah" posts.

#1970 11 years ago

Sooo,,(changing subject)

I called Anna an ugly biatch earlier,,,,

I googled her and gotta stick with my statement!! Lol!!

And I find her character in the movie annoying...maybe its cause I speak spanish and am always like, "who says shit like that?"

#1971 11 years ago

Artwork is getting released, we're talking about it. I agree that no one is threatening to ask for their deposit back. I'm sure the artist is rolling his eyes at us, but at the same time I'm sure he's excited to be involved in something like this, as are we. So it's all good in the hood .

#1972 11 years ago

I just wondering how the progress is with additional PF lighting- will there be any additional PF inserts for flashers (maybe between the pop bumpers)? GI lighting? Also, was the lighting going to be LED?

#1973 11 years ago

Here is some back and forth between me and James on Facebook.

Gabe DAnnunzio:Looking forward to it James. Do u follow the talk on pinside

James Dubay I do. I check it many times a day....everyday. I intentionally did not create an account to keep myself removed from the discussions. Feedback regarding my artwork, of ANY kind, is ALWAYS much appreciated. ALL comments are given serious consideration in creating the best work possible.

Gabe D'Annunzio Pinball people are very passionate about there games. Don't take it the wrong way your hand drawn art is amazing.

James Dubay Understandably so. Everyone is regarding their interests and hobbies. Especially when investing so much money. As I said, I appreciate all the good words and the critiques. The goal is the absolute best end product. The more people involved, the better.

James Dubay Feel free to repost on Pinside. I would, but as I said, I have refrained from an account; I prefer being removed from the conversation. Further, I believe it's more appropriate for Kevin to be the voice for all things Skit-B. I just post the occasional photo updates and comments on here.

James Dubay Since yesterday: Mac modified, Hawkins modified, Dutch shoulder modified, Dutch gun modified (scale and perspective relative to Arnold from movie photo and lifelong (40+ year) gun enthusiast and expert consulted with source material for opinion on perspective and scale).

#1974 11 years ago

Awesome

#1975 11 years ago

I wasn't going to say anything because its not a huge deal, but whats the general consensus about Arnold's face? I didnt think it looked like him at first, then I did, then I wondered if it was a likeness rights issue and its close enough.

#1976 11 years ago

I think it looks like him, he just needs shading and color.

edit: After looking at it again, compared to the movie clips, maybe there is something a little "off" with him. It might be the eyes, I dunno. Looks good to me regardless.

#1977 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

I wasn't going to say anything because its not a huge deal, but whats the general consensus about Arnold's face? I didnt think it looked like him at first, then I did, then I wondered if it was a likeness rights issue and its close enough.

I think all the faces are damn good!

I prefer that look instead of a photorealistic look.

#1979 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

James Dubay Since yesterday: Mac modified, Hawkins modified, Dutch shoulder modified, Dutch gun modified (scale and perspective relative to Arnold from movie photo and lifelong (40+ year) gun enthusiast and expert consulted with source material for opinion on perspective and scale).

wow!

#1980 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Here is some back and forth between me and James on Facebook.
Gabe DAnnunzio:Looking forward to it James. Do u follow the talk on pinside
James Dubay I do. I check it many times a day....everyday. I intentionally did not create an account to keep myself removed from the discussions. Feedback regarding my artwork, of ANY kind, is ALWAYS much appreciated. ALL comments are given serious consideration in creating the best work possible.
Gabe D'Annunzio Pinball people are very passionate about there games. Don't take it the wrong way your hand drawn art is amazing.
James Dubay Understandably so. Everyone is regarding their interests and hobbies. Especially when investing so much money. As I said, I appreciate all the good words and the critiques. The goal is the absolute best end product. The more people involved, the better.
James Dubay Feel free to repost on Pinside. I would, but as I said, I have refrained from an account; I prefer being removed from the conversation. Further, I believe it's more appropriate for Kevin to be the voice for all things Skit-B. I just post the occasional photo updates and comments on here.

This is just one of many examples of why I am, and shall remain, committed to the Predator Pinball Project.

Marcus

#1982 11 years ago

I feel vindicated. James Dubay is a true professional & Skit-B has chosen well.

#1983 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

I feel vindicated. James Dubay is a true professional & Skit-B has chosen well.

Must be weird for people who don't understand this kind of process to find something like this out. I mean in general. I do feel James is going above and beyond since his client is SkitB, not the Pinside forum, but it just amazes me people think the world works in this polarized, good/bad, white/black, fan/hater paradigm. What do they think "Work In Progress" means anyway?

This playfield is going to be straight up epic.

#1984 11 years ago

I just checked out his FB page, there are other art updates not posted to pinside so it is worth checking out.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10102697963411514.3581594.2327351&type=1

#1985 11 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I just wondering how the progress is with additional PF lighting

There have been a few interesting advancements with the lighting that I can share. The UV flood lights that sit above the playfield are going to be interspersed with colored LEDs that can change color with the software. That means we can flood the playfield any color we want whenever we want. Not to say we're going to do it often, but it gives us a lot of room to play with some neat new effects that haven't really been possible with other games in the past. This also will allow the floods to cover the entire field in white light while during normal gameplay, maximizing visibility in every corner and cranny of the playfield without having to add more and more conventional GI housings in the really tight spaces and, of course, the dead center of the playfield where most light generally dithers out. Also toying with a few other effectual ideas that you may see in the next video.
We also set in motion just this week to get custom backbox lighting done as part of the CoinTaker package. If any of you have seen this mods done to newer Stern games, you can tell immediately that they add a ton of character and artistic depth to the look of the games they're on.

#1986 11 years ago

Sweeeeeeeeet. Thanks for the continued updates.

#1987 11 years ago

Nice back box led lights and flashers? As well as color changing LED's. Is this what your talking about Kevin? I have those kits on all my sterns games. Rite on guys.

#1988 11 years ago

Will the UV ink still be used with the new lights?

#1989 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Will the UV ink still be used with the new lights?

Yes. The UV effect is in my opinion one of the very cool features about the machine and it is still happening.

#1990 11 years ago

There have been a few interesting advancements with the lighting that I can share.

Thanks for the update, I get more excited to get this in my gameroom with each update.

Looking forward to the video!

#1991 11 years ago

That means we can flood the playfield any color we want whenever we want.

So sexy. I mean. Damn it. Right? Just sexy. *sigh* I know you're just a few plump, scraggly faced dudes in hoodies and sports jerseys freezing your ass off in Michigan, but the game you guys are putting together is like Christina Hendricks, Famke Jansen, Gina Gershon, Monica Bellucci and Ronda Rousey wearing pirate wench, witch hunter, naughty nun, devil woman and Princess Leia slave girl Halloween costumes (respectively).

And if the above gives you too much information into my soul, well, I just don't give a damn.

#1992 11 years ago

Really looking forward to another progress video of the game in action!! Thanks for the information about the lighting- color changing leds sound very cool! Will there be any under PF flasher lamps between the pops? I am really enjoying getting the updates on the games progress. Is there any sort of timeline for when you will begin production of the games- I just want to be sure to have my $$ ready

#1993 11 years ago

I'm just talking here.... but it would be neat of the playfield was flooded in different colors with the Predator scanning sound effects, checking things in infrared, etc.

#1994 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

it would be neat of the playfield was flooded in different colors with the Predator scanning sound effects, checking things in infrared, etc.

Yes

#1995 11 years ago

I would imagine the strips could do all the standard special effects.
Lighten and darken at any speed, chase, fade top to bottom, bottom to top, and side to side.
With GI, inserts, DMD, and call outs.....priceless!

#1996 11 years ago

Holy cow, I knew Shane Black (Hawkins) wrote Lethal Weapon but now he's directing Iron Man 3? Dude has come along way.

#1997 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Holy cow, I knew Shane Black (Hawkins) wrote Lethal Weapon but now he's directing Iron Man 3? Dude has come along way.

He also directed the movie that helped put Robert Downey Jr back on the map, Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang. That's actually how he got his gig directing IM3.

#1998 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

... is like Christina Hendricks, Famke Jansen, Gina Gershon, Monica Bellucci and Ronda Rousey wearing pirate wench, witch hunter, naughty nun, devil woman and Princess Leia slave girl Halloween costumes (respectively).

"I'm gonna be in my bunk..." Jayne, Firefly

#1999 11 years ago

Just watched the movie..again..coloring of the playfield needs space for the Pred's glowstick blood!!like opposite outlane should have it dripping down like the human blood on the other side..
And if there could be a spot in the coindoor for a bill acceptor that would be great too!

#2000 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Just watched the movie..again..coloring of the playfield needs space for the Pred's glowstick blood!!like opposite outlane should have it dripping down like the human blood on the other side..
And if there could be a spot in the coindoor for a bill acceptor that would be great too!

It could be done under UV so it only shows up at certain times in gameplay.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.