View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 143.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Where ohh where to route it?

Anywhere near Jacksonville should score some coverage from Cody at the 904 Pinball 'Zine

Quoted from kdhunter:

I am now officially #110, just got my number!

Expect a lot of these posts, as I just finished all of my emails and PM's. If you didn't hear back from me and you had sent me a message, please PM me or email again in case something got lost. My, oh, my, how the emails just keep coming

#152 11 years ago

heard from Kevin this morning, PM'ed him back and waiting for my number ....

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Also, both ramps and the lock hole can be backhanded from the looks of things.

For sure, it looks like pretty much the whole field can be hit from either flipper. I saw that insert on the right you mention, but I'm not sure that is a shot. If it is, man, it looks dangerous!

#154 11 years ago

YES! YES! Kevin says I'm #190! Friggen' sweet guys! whew, gonna faint...swooning...

Rick.

#155 11 years ago

#189 I am in. Very excited to see what is new at the next show.

#156 11 years ago

Someone take vids of this beauty at the show. Wanna see latest and greatest.

#157 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Someone take vids of this beauty at the show. Wanna see latest and greatest.

I don't think that's gonna be a problem
Predator is gonna steal the show!!!

#158 11 years ago

The one thing I hear some people are worried about are the two targets dead center that might throw the ball down the guts of the machine. Personally I'm not to worried myself but I can understand their where their coming from, I love BSD but I do stay clear of the center targets.

#159 11 years ago

Another thought, I see some people saying it might be to basic, personally I'm more worried about the a casual/non-pinball player playing it and not having any clue what to do due to all the different modes and stacking that can be done. Like choosing what lane to shoot during a mode andd how to stop the ball going all the way around the back etc if they have not followed the development of this game like all of us.

#160 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

The one thing I hear some people are worried about are the two targets dead center that might throw the ball down the guts of the machine. Personally I'm not to worried myself but I can understand their where their coming from, I love BSD but I do stay clear of the center targets.

Yeah, I'm not worried. They're canted a bit to the right and, regardless, it's a theme where you're in a jungle filled with dangerous predators, not, "A Pinball Stroll through Happy Park".

#161 11 years ago

personally I'm more worried about the a casual/non-pinball player playing it and not having any clue what to do due to all the different modes and stacking that can be done.

This is a valid concern, but I'm willing to bet Kevin and Aaron are not trying to build a pin that will reach a super wide audience like JJP is doing. These guys appear to be building a pin that they, and other pinball "initiates", would enjoy playing. I see this very much as a players pin.

Besides, with a theme like predator, even the casual player is going to have a blast... regardless of the depth of the rule-set.

When I think of the first time I stepped in front of a TZ... now that was confusing!!!

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

This is a valid concern, but I'm willing to bet Kevin and Aaron are not trying to build a pin that will reach a wide audience like JJP is doing. These guys appear to be building a pin that they, and other pinball "initiates", would enjoy playing. I see this very much as a players pin.
Besides, with a theme like Predator, even the casual player is going t have a blast... regardless of the depth of the rule-set.
When I think of the first time I stepped in front of a TZ... now that was confusing!!!

I hear ya on that regarding TZ I still have pinball friend that is trying to figure that one out.

#163 11 years ago

Another thought, I see some people saying it might be to basic, personally I'm more worried about the a casual/non-pinball player playing it and not having any clue what to do due to all the different modes and stacking that can be done. Like choosing what lane to shoot during a mode andd how to stop the ball going all the way around the back etc if they have not followed the development of this game like all of us.

Bud, this is a pin that is going to take a long time to master. There are going to be little things with modes that are going to take a long time to figure out. Just don't watch Bowen's papa video!!! The point is not a game to try to high score as soon as you get it, but a game that takes a long time "to beat" the right way. At least that's my opinion.

And as far as the two targets in the center are concerned, I think that for all the people that say it's an "easy" layout, the middle targets make it a lot more challenging don't you think?

#164 11 years ago

Is the backglass art set in stone or temporary? I prefer art that demands scrutiny, not the casual glance.

#165 11 years ago

^lol, wut?

#166 11 years ago

what0eb0fx.gifwhat0eb0fx.gif

#167 11 years ago

I

Quoted from SPeD66:Is the backglass art set in stone or temporary? I prefer art that demands scrutiny, not the casual glance.

The kind of pin that straddles a fireplace that we can sip a snifter of brandy by?

#168 11 years ago

I'd asked if the pop bumpers were going to move up the table a little, and Kevin replied that they are on the new whitewood, so I'd expect those targets to move with them.

#169 11 years ago

But BSD would not be the same game without those center targets - keeps you on your toes all the time!

#170 11 years ago

#199 Rick Moranis say Whaaaaaat!!!!!!

#171 11 years ago

The kind of pin that straddles a fireplace that we can sip a snifter of brandy by?

Why of course!
Ok, all I was seeing is a big predator head in the videos & didn't really care for that. (You know, can't please everyone.) So then I thought maybe I'm missing something and did an image search. I take back what I said...I reckon I can live with this.

pred_backglass1024x716.jpgpred_backglass1024x716.jpg

#172 11 years ago

Has this ever been covered anywhere?

I'm curious to know how a 2-3 man band went about getting a license for one of the iconic films of the 80s. Were the rights owners big fans of pinball? Do they get a percentage cut of the machine? Did they just see it as a promotion of the brand and allow use for free?

#173 11 years ago

System11 - I have been wondering the same thing.
Kinda like BTTF where they got the rights to the movie, but not to Michael J. Fox's likeness or voice.
I thought there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get a license.

#174 11 years ago

As awesome as the movie is, and as iconic as it is for almost everyone in my demographic, Fox doesn't really seem to treat it with a lot of respect. Their Blu-Ray and DVD releases are, to be as kind as I possibly can, a f-ing joke. (The first 20 minutes of the new release DVD I just got are obviously a VHS transfer, there are spots and smudges on it.) Maybe the relative 'failure' of all the spin offs have relegated it to the bargain bin and they figure to just get what they can out of it.

But yeah, I've wondered about a couple of guys with a garage full of parts back in Michigan walking into some big a$$ film corp conference room in LA and walking out with a white sheet to do whatever in the hell they wanted 250 times.

Hell! If this all comes off and the game's as awesome as we all think it'll be, that'd make a pretty good premise for a movie. You know? Then they could make a pinball machine out of the movie of them making a pinball machine. They could be the Askewniverse of pinball!

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#175 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Why of course!
Ok, all I was seeing is a big Predator head in the videos & didn't really care for that. (You know, can't please everyone.) So then I thought maybe I'm missing something and did an image search. I take back what I said...I reckon I can live with this.

IMO, the backglass image is spot on perfect and I hope they do NOT change it.

#176 11 years ago
Quoted from Bowman9:

System11 - I have been wondering the same thing.
Kinda like BTTF where they got the rights to the movie, but not to Michael J. Fox's likeness or voice.
I thought there were a lot of hoops to jump through to get a license.

Sometimes it just takes a phone call....

#177 11 years ago

There are multiple Predator Blu-Ray releases. None of them are great, but the best of the lot is the one with no Arnie on the cover, no 'ultimate edition' and 'beyond high definition' at the bottom. It's the original, there's a lot of grain, but in the ultimate release they applied DNR with a spade and everyone looks like a waxwork sliding around the screen - it's really bad, worse than the grain ever was.

#178 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But BSD would not be the same game without those center targets - keeps you on your toes all the time!

Agreed.

Kinda reminds me of F14 in that respect. Make able shots it you are aiming, but most of the time very dangerous. Most of the shots follow the same V pattern and that tells me this is going to be one fast Pin!

Some pinball machines fight back!

#179 11 years ago

Yeah, so, it certainly looks like a scoop on the right there above the sling and behind the exit. Are there two standups, facing the jets, between the three inserts on the scoop and the kickout?

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

IMO, the backglass image is spot on perfect and I hope they do NOT change it.

I gotto admit I'm in on this 100% I have #5 reserved but the back glass/translite doesn't do it for me in the same way the rest of the game does so far, the characters are what made Predator so great so i want Mac, Blain, Dillon the whole squad on the translite and the predator maybe blended into the jungle a little more maybe a cool blended effect? The cool thing about translites is you can always make your own custom ones and if that's the only thing I'm not stoked about with Predator I'll be one happy customer and owner!

#181 11 years ago

Just wondering Kevin, will there be a function to turn off swearing (if any) only because got a young family, and the games area is near the common areas. Then turn it on for night playing and games nights (kids free)

stoked got #215

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Just wondering Kevin, will there be a function to turn off swearing (if any) only because got a young family, and the games area is near the common areas. Then turn it on for night playing and games nights (kids free)
stoked got #215

If I am correct previous videos showed a vulgarity on/off in adjustments.

#183 11 years ago

Cheers but would be good if Kevin could confirm, would suit certain sited locations as well.

Also can't wait to see the graphics, would be cool if a black light backlight effect could be done with the translite so when the back light comes on the predator could be seen otherwise hidden amongst the juggle graphics.

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The cool thing about translites is you can always make your own custom ones ...

Interesting. Where do you get the translite material...and what type of printer? Professional print shop?

#185 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Cheers but would be good if Kevin could confirm, would suit certain sited locations as well.
Also can't wait to see the graphics, would be cool if a black light backlight effect could be done with the translite so when the back light comes on the Predator could be seen otherwise hidden amongst the juggle graphics.

He already confirmed it way back in the last topic

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

Interesting. Where do you get the translite material...and what type of printer? Professional print shop?

Professional print shop here does alot of projection work and backlit work for local theatre and town hall.

#187 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I was laying in bed last night thinking about the playfield (what?) and I can only really think of three things to shoot for with the left flipper and two for the right, unless you count the two bank right in the middle for either. I have to admit to being a little leery of these thoughts.

I have to say I had never really thought about this, but that could be all the shots there is. It looks like the left orbit shot is excessively wide... I wonder if there's something more to it. I am thinking there has to be more to shoot for than just this.

#188 11 years ago

I think most of us would agree that what you code with what you've got on the field is more important than (to a point) exactly what there is. I mean, we can probably all think of any number of games that are chock full of shit on the table that aren't any fun at all. (Like Flash Gordon!... I kid, I kid. )

I was talking to my seven year old about it (his favorite pass time is designing playfields) because he was asking what I was doing tracing things on the computer with my finger. I told him I was trying to count the shots from each flipper. And what did he say? "It looks kind of like Medieval Madness Dad." I said, "Huh?"

"Well, you know, with out the dragons and monsters and castles and stuff. There's a loopy shot and then two ramps, then a scoopy hole in between and then a bonky thing in the middle like the trolls and that other scooper hole on the side but not the catapult because the catapult is on the other side and that one is on this side here. It's like Medieval Madness."

And I thought, huh, I'll be damned: I have the coolest seven year old son ever. And then I thought, huh, I'll be damned: He's kind of on to something there. It was right around that time that I have pretty much stopped worrying about the layout.

#189 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Also can't wait to see the graphics, would be cool if a black light backlight effect could be done with the translite so when the back light comes on the Predator could be seen otherwise hidden amongst the juggle graphics.

It's been stated before it will have a family mode. Search pinside using these terms: 'predator' 'family'. I was concerned about this too because I plan to put mine at the pacific pinball museum.

I just hope when it's off family mode it has lots of swearing for the rare times I can set it that way.

#190 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

First time I saw a TZ it was in Milwaukee, WI at the world tournament, and I had to compete on it. That wasn't fair...

Quoted from spfxted:

Sometimes it just takes a phone call....

This +1

Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Agreed.
Kinda reminds me of F14 in that respect. Most of the shots follow the same V pattern and that tells me this is going to be one fast Pin!
Some pinball machines fight back!

That's what we're shooting for

Quoted from swinks:

Just wondering Kevin, will there be a function to turn off swearing

Quoted from swinks:

Cheers but would be good if Kevin could confirm

Confirmed and added to first post. There is a switch in the settings to turn off all vulgarity.

Quoted from navajas:

huh, I'll be damned: I have the coolest seven year old son ever. And then I thought, huh, I'll be damned: He's kind of on to something there.

No question, coolest seven year old son ever.

Quoted from jonnyo:

I just hope when it's off family mode it has lots of swearing for the rare times I can set it that way.

I sincerely doubt you will be disappointed

#191 11 years ago

Kevin, have you got in contact with Arnold? He may do an interview or something, he got some ties to pinball and has some time on his hands now.

#192 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Kevin, have you called Arnold? He may down an interview or something, he got some ties to pinball in the past and has some time on his hands now.

Plus he might want one for his new son

#193 11 years ago

Hey! Calm down sparky!

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Confirmed and added to first post. There is a switch in the settings to turn off all vulgarity.

So....this makes it so that the game is on mute, eh?

=)

#195 11 years ago

Kevin just a couple questions regarding the artwork is the UV artwork still planned and going ahead? Not asking to see it just want to know it that feature is still in the pipeline as it is one of the huge selling points for me
And will the artwork be released to the pinhead masses (preorderers and potential buyers) for critique and feedback like everything else? Or will it just be finalised and then released?

Also what brand/make of led display will you be finally going with?

Thanks man.

#196 11 years ago

After seeing that last update and the cool dudes behind it I'm finally in at #224!!!

Predator along with Silence of the Lambs my two favorite movies of all time.....and Tommy Boy of course!

BHZA, WOZ and now Predator on the horizon....I'm loving it!

Congrats on passing 50k Ted!....

#197 11 years ago

Have you considered making Skit B t-shirts? Those might earn a few spare dollars too.

#198 11 years ago

Can anyone confirm if this is going to have a shaker motor?

If I recall from the last thread it was mentioned but not sure if it was ever confirmed by Kevin. If it doesn't, would it be wired for a Stern shaker kit?

#199 11 years ago

^pretty sure it won't have one installed, but will have option to install your own after the fact

#200 11 years ago

Never having played a machine with one, can someone tell me the utility/appeal of a shaker motor? When / how does it come on? With the knocker? With multiball? Is it just like a big 360 rumble thingie for your pinball machine?

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.