Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 143.
#1901 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

confirmation received! #33, production order #20

Has the production order been posted somewhere?

#1902 7 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

More trivia:

And this one is represented in the movie by Anna as "El que hace tropheos de los hombres" which in reality translates more like "He who makes trophies of men."

http://i.imgur.com/oo35Z.gif

#1903 7 years ago

Got my confirmation this afternoon. Wahoo!!
"We need the best. That's why you're here."

#1904 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Has the production order been posted somewhere?

One of my earlier emails stated the production #

#1905 7 years ago

Should I feel flattered or insulted?

#1906 7 years ago

SkitB's original MI pinball thread had 1524 comments. This new thread is now sitting at 1901 comments in record time!

How awesome is that,

Chris

#1907 7 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

One of my earlier emails stated the production #

Thanks, I see it now - missed that detail when I saw it a while ago, #101 in #116th place. Still can't decide what engraving to have.

#1908 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

SkitB's original MI pinball thread had 1524 comments. This new thread is now sitting at 1901 comments in record time!
How awesome is that,
Chris

Yeah but half of the posts in this thread are people reporting in their current status of their deposits.

#1909 7 years ago

Deposit confirmation email received. Woo hoo.
#67, Prod No. 102

#1910 7 years ago

Great....Now another 120-150 posts of members stating they have their confirmation.

#1911 7 years ago

Cazador vs. Hunter:

I think the distinction in her translation is actually better than the title of the movie. Dig? Because el cazador IS a recreational hunter. It's doesn't carry the same connotation as a predator (el depredador) which is hunting for food. She translates cazador as someone looking for trophies which is applicable and correct, while the title of the movie "Predator" which implies something looking for food, is by definition a misnomer.

After all, Billy says, "Like a hunter", not, "Like a predator".

If it sounded as cool, which it does not, the movie would have been called, "Hunter".

#1912 7 years ago

Yup!...Here it be! Good evening, everyone. This email is simply to confirm that we have received your holding deposit in good order and that you are locked into your position on
the pre-owners list. We thank you for your continuing support in this massive
undertaking; without you it would not be possible!

#1913 7 years ago

I saw the post below this morning and thought I would share!

"Arnold has hair, but more importantly, Poncho's showed up for the fight! I wonder who else is out wandering in the jungle that may show up next?"

arnie.jpg

#1914 7 years ago

Lol, Poncho photo bombing the PF

Looking great!

#1915 7 years ago

Time for another video Kevin with the clear ramps installed.

#1916 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Time for another video Kevin with the clear ramps installed.

+1

#1917 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Poncho's showed up for the fight!

Poncho: "I can make it! I can make it..."

Quoted from dannunz:

Time for another video Kevin with the clear ramps installed

Anything specific you'd like to see, or just another playthrough?

#1918 7 years ago

Hi Kevin, for an update, I would be interested in hearing how the playfield laminate is coming. Are there any plans to make a whitewood with the laminate and compare ball physics with one of the wood whitewoods? My worry is the any vertical ball bounce and even the ball rebound physics will be different on the laminate. Roll a ball on the kitchen counter, it just doesn't sound right. Bounce it on the counter and it is dead.

I will be happy however it comes out, but still would be willing to pony up a few hundred for a wood surface if the laminate changes any ball physics.

Thanks,

Carey #126/218

Post edited by 85Txaggie : add clarity

#1919 7 years ago

I was curious about the player controlled post. When is that active and how is it controlled? Also, you said something about a skill shot. Are you able to say what that is?

#1920 7 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I saw the post below this morning and thought I would share!
"Arnold has hair, but more importantly, Poncho's showed up for the fight! I wonder who else is out wandering in the jungle that may show up next?"

Good to see Poncho. Arnold's rifle barrel looks a little short to me, but I really don't anything about guns and I may be way off. Impressed with the art so far!!

#1921 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was curious about the player controlled post. When is that active and how is it controlled? Also, you said something about a skill shot. Are you able to say what that is?

If you make a new video, I wouldn't mind seeing this stuff a bit more close up.

Also, like someone else mentioned, have you made a decision about the clearcoat yet?

#1922 7 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Good to see Poncho. Arnold's rifle barrel looks a little short to me, but I really don't anything about guns and I may be way off. Impressed with the art so far!!

Yeah, I keep focusing on the gun barrel, to me, something looks off. Maybe it's a little too skinny? I really love the overall art style though, it looks fantastic. I can't even imagine how awesome it's going to look when its colored and done.

#1923 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, I keep focusing on the gun barrel, to me, something looks off. Maybe it's a little too skinny? I really love the overall art style though, it looks fantastic. I can't even imagine how awesome it's going to look when its colored and done.

Yeah, I was waiting until the shading to say something but it looks like Arnold's hands are in position for the rifle to be turned up and facing the player. But the position of the barrels indicates the gun facing right which makes it look reall short. The perspective just looks kind of skewed.

Shading may fix though and James looks like a great artist so I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

#1924 7 years ago

James posted this on face book earlier td.

ME:Hey James when are we going to see whats going on in the middle and upper sections of the pf art work? Also any info on what will show up with the uv ink?

James:Upper section soon. The middle is penciled in....it's just a bit light. It's the Predator gauntlet; soon to be inked and metal texturing added to give it a battle worn look.

#1925 7 years ago

I think maybe the barrel should be thicker. I know it's not an exact reproduction art but it does stand out as looking odd in the artwork.
image.jpg

#1926 7 years ago

Do these guns exist?
image.jpg

#1927 7 years ago

It is a rifle and grenade launcher. Yes they do exist.

#1928 7 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

It is a rifle and grenade launcher. Yes they do exist.

I changed my prior post because I was looking at a different gun, the gun Billy had looked like a shotgun/rife, but I see Arnold's gun is a grenade launcher.

#1929 7 years ago

Thanks guys, i didn't notice the gun and now I can't help but stare at it :-/.

I'd have to imagine much is possible to touch it up, I'm guessing all this will go digital at some point.

#1930 7 years ago

Maybe there was some shrinkage.

#1931 7 years ago

Ok this is what Im talking about. James has a picture on facebook that has an arnold pic referenced. Hes got the hands right but the 203 barrel needs to be more prominent than the rifle barrel.

And the handle (top) of the gun shouldnt even be seen.
_facebook_515482948_.jpg

#1932 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Ok this is what Im talking about. James has a picture on facebook that has an arnold pic referenced. Hes got the hands right but the 203 barrel needs to be more prominent than the rifle barrel.
And the handle (top) of the gun shouldnt even be seen.

The carry handle is also too small. I wish you guys hadn't pointed it out...the gun overall is just too small. The scale is off compared to the rest of the Arnie.

#1933 7 years ago

Wow. You guys are nit pickers.

#1934 7 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered previously but is this game going to use Arnolds actual voice samples? Or a sound alike actor?

#1935 7 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

The carry handle is also too small. I wish you guys hadn't pointed it out...the gun overall is just too small. The scale is off compared to the rest of the Arnie.

I think the scale is right if he turns it for perspective.

Sorry for nitpicking but since the first pic of the pf came out, it looked like Arnold had a sawe.d off shotgun

It will be arnolds real voice. No voice actors

#1936 7 years ago

I thought it was a sawed off shotgun at first, now I see that it's the gun from the movie, but the scale is off. We are nitpicking, and it may not matter once it is part of the whole playfield, but at the same time I can't help but look at it now. I guess it's the double edged sword of showing us a work in progress.

#1937 7 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Sorry if this has been covered previously but is this game going to use Arnolds actual voice samples? Or a sound alike actor?

As understand it
It's Arnold's voice from sound bytes from the movie

#1938 7 years ago

I think the scale is right if he turns it for perspective.

agree that the POV/perspective is mismatched/ off.

#1939 7 years ago

Wow, dude already posted revised artwork on facebook, likely based on feedback & comments here, way to go!

321019_10102889568273834_1713162977_n..jpg

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

The barrel is too long, and too skinny. It looks like a .17 hmr. Carry handle is OK size (probably a little small), it's just that you can't see ANY of the gun and the hands are not placed in a realistic way at all. They'd be sort of melding through the metal.

I really like the art with the following personal perception notes:

1) Hakwins looks like a generic comic book guy wearing glasses and very little like the character.
2) Dutch is suffering from serious comic book 2D flat face syndrome. That can and very probably will change dramatically in coloring.
3) Poncho looks fucking awesome.
4) Mac. Well, Mac looks even less like Mac than Hawkins looks like Hawkins. A big thing for me is his lips. They look about half size at most. I know, I know, giving a dark guy big lips in art is asking for some hyper sensitive a-hole to come shit on you, but seriously, it's defining: The brother's got big 'ol wonderfully expressive mega huge lips. Go ahead and try and tell me, "Past the trees", ain't ten times cooler just cause of Bill Duke's mouth.
5) Speaking of Mac, just from the standpoint of balance, isn't it kind of funny to have Dillon, a pretty dark skinned brother himself, on the same side of the picture and adjacent to Mac who's all but invisibly black? Ha. I think I'd have gotten a 'D' in high school art for that. Thank god we're not in high school!

Anyway, just my thoughts. The art has me giddy and I'm sure my friends/family is getting tired of me sending them email updates.

#1941 7 years ago

I just want to say... to Skit-B and the artist... as annoying as it may be to hear us, it is fascinating to see this take shape step by step. So I do really appreciate it. I've certainly never witnessed a piece of art being put together like this before.

I look forward to watching the progress and seeing the finished product.

#1942 7 years ago

I wonder if the siderails will be camo. Maybe a green dmd and green flippers.

#1943 7 years ago

Ok I wasnt trying to be a dick. I love the artwork. Navajas I remember when the art fifst came out and being critical of Dutch's face. Skit reminded me/us they ARE going for a comic book feel. So I'm not concerned with these guys actually looking for a true life feel. I mean, .. .... Hawkins looks asian.. ... anyway, I think it all looks great and I think shading will definitely help Macs face. Itz just that arnolds gun is front and center and it could use a fix. Thats all.

Edit: camo siderails and green flipper would be cool. Not so sure about dmd. Check on pinside for the guy that sells colored covers for dmds so you donf have to replace dmd itself.

#1944 7 years ago

Back in the day I would sit in the company area with the fellas from my platoon and watch this endlessly. On the topic of weapons, believe me we covered it. Arnold's m-16/203 always pissed us off. It's wrong. The barrel is misaligned with the upper receiver. It couldn't work. We timed the actual firing time with a carryable load on a minigun. ( helo mounted in real life) 60 lbs of 7.62 would last all of 16 seconds at full cyclic rate. (5000 ish a minute).-- Lotta down time in the infantry.

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Back in the day I would sit in the company area with the fellas from my platoon and watch this endlessly. On the topic of weapons, believe me we covered it. Arnold's m-16/203 always pissed us off. It's wrong. The barrel is misaligned with the upper receiver. It couldn't work. We timed the actual firing time with a carryable load on a minigun. ( helo mounted in real life) 60 lbs of 7.62 would last all of 16 seconds at full cyclic rate. (5000 ish a minute).-- Lotta down time in the infantry.

You need to watch the dvd extras where they explained how a 1man carried minigun was the most ridiculous thing ever thought up and made no "miltary" sense.

They knew it was stupid but it made the movie badass!

#1946 7 years ago

It was absolutely badass. Problem was I was young and stupid and wanted to be "badass". I volunteered to hump the 60 on a long ass road march. ONCE. It makes for a funny story years later.

#1947 7 years ago

Ok I wasnt trying to be a dick.

Who's being a dick? No one's being a dick. Look, this is the process, art design isn't, "Hey, we asked for something, you gave us this, and we print it." It's just how design works. I don't think anyone is being a dick about this great art at all.

Dutch's face has always been flat, but the ink really emphasized that. You lose depth and texture from pencil to ink and pick it back up in color.

#1948 7 years ago

Seriously, everybody, chill out. Yeah, I think there is something a bit off on the gun and the way Arnie's holding it, but that's why it's ART. Its not a photoshopped piece of crap, it's a hand drawn, artistic rendering. What makes it awesome and all art for that matter is its human and not perfect. In summary, quit 'cherbitchin and appreciate it for what it is.

#1949 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Seriously, everybody, chill out. Yeah, I think there is something a bit off on the gun and the way Arnie's holding it, but that's why it's ART. Its not a photoshopped piece of crap, it's a hand drawn, artistic rendering. What makes it awesome and all art for that matter is its human and not perfect. In summary, quit 'cherbitchin and appreciate it for what it is.

Damnit. Who here's bitching? Good lord.

#1950 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hakwins looks like a generic comic book guy wearing glasses

I love all the input coming in about the artwork and I know James does too, but this comment kinda broke my heart a little bit. I know it's totally personal taste at this point, but I just have to say I absolutely love how Hawkins looks on the pf.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 265.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 299.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside