Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 143.
#101 7 years ago

This just looks great, love what they are doing here. Just sent my pre-order e-mail!

#102 7 years ago

Glad I got my number when I did. I expected a rise in interest with another update. Great work guys.

#103 7 years ago

sending a second email since I did not get a reply (want to make sure I did not go to the spam folder)

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sending a second email since I did not get a reply (want to make sure I did not go to the spam folder)

It takes awhile to get a response I think. I sent a PM this morning right after this post and haven't heard back yet. I'm sure they will get back to everyone who has inquired.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is this the guy you are talking about

Yea, the Eagles got his brother who must have been adopted because he can't play at all. image.jpg

#106 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Lol navajas. I see what you're doing. The game will be spoken for very soon and what better way to drive that resale price up. Ehhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhh?

It'd be a lie to say the thought didn't cross my mind. Seriously. If I lived in the area, had the cash for two and knew they were gone, hell yes I'd try to sell one to Clay for $20k. But, (un)fortunately I don't have the money, and no one's getting my only one.

#107 7 years ago

Just bumping to show support. I can't afford to get on the pre-order right now, but hoping some miracle happens where it gets a larger run and it is easier to score later. The original Predator is definitely on the short list of 80's movies that really deserved a good pin.

Nice guys also. Were very friendly when I inquired about it 6-ish months ago.

#108 7 years ago

Kevin, for the love of all that is holy, answer your emails!!!!

Trying to get me some Predada!

Rick.

#109 7 years ago

My guess is their license agreement is very strictly limited to 250, hence the hard cap. :-/

I suppose it could happen years down the line when the new golden age has hit and SkitB, Jersey Jack and Stern are mega corps doing battle with Sega and Microsoft by releasing two new holographic display ultrapins a year.

EDIT: And you folks trying to get in line are spoiled. I waited two months to hear back!

#110 7 years ago

Been waiting since August. Just donated to their cause anyways.

#111 7 years ago

Looking good - can't wait to see the playfield art package.

Two questions:

1) The area between the rollovers and pops seems to work like a choke point - had you considered reducing the amount of space it takes up to allow the pop bumpers to come up the playfield a bit?

2) The one thing I can see now that I really don't like is that pinled display with the strong patchwork quilt effect. I think they're one of the worst inventions in pinball, haven't seen a single one without obvious squares of different intensity and with digitised movie footage it makes it look messy compared to a proper display. Perhaps you could offer a kit at extra cost that lets people put one in? I'm guessing that would require an add-on power board.

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

My guess is their license agreement is very strictly limited to 250

Is that the way licensing usually works? I would assume it would be a percentage, or a flat fee no matter how many you produce, but I could be wrong

#113 7 years ago

Predator #45

Just realized today that you could donate so I did, keep up the great work guys

#114 7 years ago

Glad I got in back in April, looks like the gates are open and people are rushing in! So stoked on this pin, keep up the great work guys (will be donating shortly)! #50

And seriously Kevin, if there is any info on the Duck Hunt please shoot me a PM!

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

1) The area between the rollovers and pops seems to work like a choke point - had you considered reducing the amount of space it takes up to allow the pop bumpers to come up the playfield a bit?

I asked:

Quoted from navajas:

3) Is the sort of hourglass wedge design of the plastics above the pops to slow down the feed to the rest of the table, or does something else happen up there?

They said:

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

It's to simulate the feeling of getting lost in the jungle for a few seconds, and to also limit the physical area in which the ball can get "trapped" in the pops area. If it was open at the top, you could imagine the ball would roll down, tag a single pop and jump up, then float again and again. Not very exciting.

#116 7 years ago

Thanks for the update Kevin.

I was wondering since you did not return my 3rd or 4th mail with you. What number did I get reserved as I am still interested but was never assigned a number as I did not care which one of 250 I got at the time.

Thank you in advance for your time.
PM sent

#117 7 years ago

Kevin

I was one of the very early pre-orders and you asked me if I wanted #68 to match my handle. I did and still do. But its been a long time since all of this began and I worry things may get lost in the shuffle.

I don't want to add to your work load but is there any way we can get an updated confirmation email.

I'll be in Chicago and look forward to seeing the currant state of Predator since Allentown.

Kim

#118 7 years ago

#46 Donated. This is amazing. Good luck guys!

#119 7 years ago

So I was watching the NEW video trying to just listen to the game sounds. Can't believe we missed it but there it is.

8:21. Multiball ready =GET TO THA CHOPPPAAA complete with the scene of Arnie saying it

#120 7 years ago

Just donated... and sent email to make sure my #91 is still written in blood on Skit-B list.
Why #91? ...year of my marriage. Something to remember during "Hunt" mode

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Been waiting since August.

I'm never like "on top" of my emails as well as I should be, but I KNOW I've gone through my emails since August. Tomorrow is email day, so if I don't get back to you before like 8PM (EST) email me again. My junk filter is pretty aggressive sometimes, and I fear it has been lost.

Quoted from system11:

The area between the rollovers and pops seems to work like a choke point - had you considered reducing the amount of space it takes up to allow the pop bumpers to come up the playfield a bit?

In the newest (final?) whitewood, this is exactly what we've done. Many of the shots and angles have been pushed back a bit to make them all a bit more accessible. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but seriously, the new playfield should play butter-smooth.

Quoted from system11:

The one thing I can see now that I really don't like is that pinled display with the strong patchwork quilt effect. I think they're one of the worst inventions in pinball, haven't seen a single one without obvious squares of different intensity and with digitised movie footage it makes it look messy compared to a proper display. Perhaps you could offer a kit at extra cost that lets people put one in? I'm guessing that would require an add-on power board.

The short answer for this is yes. Predator can use a plasma DMD with no software modification, you would just need to add in your own display driver board to power it.

Quoted from Nibbles:

seriously Kevin, if there is any info on the Duck Hunt please shoot me a PM!

What do you want to know about it? It's an Electro-Mechanical / PC (not P-Roc) hybrid with an LCD that runs a pretty simple flash program to keep score, show animations and play sounds. I guess I should mention it is a retheme of a Williams Valiant (1962, I think), as well. It's all done, it just needs to be put back together once we have get the playfield printed. We'll probably make a casual thread about it in a little while when it's all done and running, it's a pretty neat little deal.

I will be going through all of my PM's tomorrow during my email-responding marathon.

Quoted from Mr68:

I was one of the very early pre-orders and you asked me if I wanted #68 to match my handle. I did and still do.

Of course Mr68 is down for #68 Can't wait to see ya again in Chicago, and you'll be happy to hear that when the glass isn't off the game for testing (or cheating) purposes, it always sports our Wrong Crowd glare shield

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

#46 Donated. This is amazing. Good luck guys!

You guys are all sincerely awesome. We can't express enough gratitude for all of your generosity, but we can tell you that because of all of the donations we've gotten, we shouldn't have any problems getting the new beta machine built with all the new hardware it needs to look and play like a completed machine. At this point, we would carry the game on our backs all the way to Illinois if we had to!

#122 7 years ago

SkitBPinball,

I know its a ways from you considering your second pin, but may i suggest.......

btilc.jpg

#123 7 years ago

Man these guys up at 5 am to bring you Predator!!!

Jersey Jack get up that early but that just for breffast and a mall stroll!

#124 7 years ago

If I could afford to, I would be so in buying one. Just threw my donation into the hat. I've never seen such passion in any hobby like this, you guys deserve the recognition you're getting.

#125 7 years ago

I just love these guys. This is what the pinball world needs... fresh blood. Not to take knock at the old guard who are still making great games, but this is how things go. New blood, fresh ideas, innovation.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

The short answer for this is yes. Predator can use a plasma DMD with no software modification, you would just need to add in your own display driver board to power it.

System 11. Now that you got your answer, could you give us a little how-to. I'd be interested in this down the road I think.

#128 7 years ago

Still super excited about this pin, and STILL 100% IN all the way!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Still super excited about this pin, and STILL 100% IN all the way!

I think all of us UK buyers need to club together and discuss group shipping, unless SkitB has a UK/European distributor lined up to ship the games to and distribute!?

#130 7 years ago

The update is Awesome! I'm curious about the wizard mode being obtained 20% of the time, now you might be an amazing player, but what do you think the percentage would be for an average skilled player? I noticed you obtained the mini wiz mode 30% of the time (I realize 10 games is very small, it'd be better to look at percentages after 100 games), are the other players stats similar to this? This has probably been discussed in other threads, but whats a good percentage for obtaining a wiz mode so that its not too easy but not impossible to obtain?

A game that comes to mind is MB, where Monster Bash is obtainable in a good game, and Monsters of Rock is obtainable in a great game. I consider myself a decent player, and I can get to Monster Bash (mini wiz) maybe 10-20% of the time, and have never achieved Monsters of Rock (wiz mode), but have come close and do not feel that it is out of reach.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

#131 7 years ago

Hey Kevin. Question. Exactly how many spots are still left open?

#132 7 years ago

Donated

#133 7 years ago

I ignored Pinside for the first time for 24 hours...What did I miss?......This POST?

Above and beyond an amazing Job so far! This Old Man is thrilled with whats being developed!

All this and not a hint at toys......Does it need any?? Magnets? Laser beams?

One more bone to throw us Kevin?

I wish you sleep and success!

Art #100

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just love these guys. This is what the pinball world needs... fresh blood. Not to take knock at the old guard who are still making great games, but this is how things go. New blood, fresh ideas, innovation.

I agree, it's strange though - outside of this forum I don't see much noise about it. A few people have posted news on the ukpinball list (myself included) with virtually no response at all.

#135 7 years ago

A few people outside of here that I have talked to seem very skeptical of it and said they playfield looks very basic. It think its sort of WOZ situation where people don't understand seeing stuff in the whole process and comprehend that it's an unfinished product.

With stern they announce the game and pictures are released of the whole finished and polished game(except code which you can't see anyways). If nothing was said about this until they were ready to start producing and had a few finished ones built already it would be crazy.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

System 11. Now that you got your answer, could you give us a little how-to. I'd be interested in this down the road I think.

I've no idea I'm afraid! I converted a EU Tron from pinled to gas, but that was easy because I was able to use the US manual contents as a kind of shopping list - and the loom already had a connector to plug the display power board into. With DMDs the plasma and led ones are the same size and fitting pattern, and the same data input. The difference is how they're powered as LED just needs 5v and plasma needs a high voltage one.

If SkitB come up with a kit (maybe designed to work with the Stern display power board to avoid them having to make one) I'd definitely want one in my machine.

Of course if the LED display makers could make a better product, that would work too. The one that came in my Tron was particularly bad, I don't think a single tile matched any other next to it although I got lucky and they did line up at least.

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

A few people outside of here that I have talked to seem very skeptical of it and said they playfield looks very basic. It think its sort of WOZ situation where people don't understand seeing stuff in the whole process and comprehend that it's an unfinished product.
With stern they announce the game and pictures are released of the whole finished and polished game(except code which you can't see anyways). If nothing was said about this until they were ready to start producing and had a few finished ones built already it would be crazy.

I think the lack of standups littering the playfield probably make it seem more basic, that and not having some art to look at. I am really curious to see the art and the UV lighting effect. Hopefully they will get their clearcoat done by someone more competant than Stern are!

#138 7 years ago

Well a lot of people knock MB and Sopranos layouts but I love them. I get the idea SkitB is going for a deeply stackable rule set with player controlled mode options as opposed to things like, say, a moving ramp or a spinning disc or some compartment with rubber bands that shakes the ball around.

#139 7 years ago

Definitely a different approach to JJP that's for sure - their whole playfield is finished but I get the impression the code has barely been started.

#140 7 years ago

Well get your pre-order in, if you dont like the final playfield then dont get it. You aren't losing any money until production starts.

#141 7 years ago

The best part about this thread is are all the responses from Skit-B! Great to get feedback/questions answered from you guys!

Duck Hunt sounds really neat! Would definitely love a video when it is all done!

Also, I really like exclamation points!!!

#142 7 years ago

I know the Quote is from Predator 2 , but " Want some candy " would sound Great somewhere in the Game .. How about the 3-laser dots from the Predator ,, that Would be another Great mod ..

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

A few people outside of here that I have talked to seem very skeptical of it and said they playfield looks very basic.

The layout is basic unless I'm missing something, you know? I was laying in bed last night thinking about the playfield (what?) and I can only really think of three things to shoot for with the left flipper and two for the right, unless you count the two bank right in the middle for either. I have to admit to being a little leery of these thoughts.

Look, I am in love with this project and my money's in the pot. The theme is perfect, and from what we've seen, its integration might be peerless. The code looks awesome (and the select an orbit can basically be thought of as another shot for either flipper I guess), the modes fun and innovative, the sound is great, etc...

I do not like Sterns toy box explosion playfields, I don't need pointless glitz and a game doesn't have to have a toy bash to be good. But I'm a big boy, they guys at SkitB are talented and cool, and I can admit the shot count seems low, especially compared to some modern pins.

#144 7 years ago

If you look at games like MM and AFM, they have pretty simple playfields and not a ton of shots.
I think this will be a "player's" pin and the guys seem to have purposely stayed away from making it excessively gaudy.
I like my XM LE (for example) but sometimes there's just a bit too much going on and getting nice satisfying shots that don't cause the ball to bounce around like mad can be challenging and frustrating.
I don't like waiting 10 seconds for the ball to return to my flippers.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from system11:

I agree, it's strange though - outside of this forum I don't see much noise about it. A few people have posted news on the ukpinball list (myself included) with virtually no response at all.

Isnt that pretty much normal for the UK groups

Btw since you don't like led displays and have converted a few of your games do you have any of the 4 pin molexs that plug into the led displays? I'd be interested in buying any off you as I'm a fan of led displays and not a big fan of plasma.

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Isnt that pretty much normal for the UK groups
Btw since you don't like led displays and have converted a few of your games do you have any of the 4 pin molexs that plug into the led displays? I'd be interested in buying any off you as I'm a fan of led displays and not a big fan of plasma.

Afraid not, I sold the surplus parts to go with the display - new owner was going to need them to do the opposite of what I'd done.

#147 7 years ago

I am now officially #110, just got my number!

#148 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

The layout is basic unless I'm missing something, you know? I was laying in bed last night thinking about the playfield (what?) and I can only really think of three things to shoot for with the left flipper and two for the right, unless you count the two bank right in the middle for either. I have to admit to being a little leery of these thoughts.
Look, I am in love with this project and my money's in the pot. The theme is perfect, and from what we've seen, its integration might be peerless. The code looks awesome (and the select an orbit can basically be thought of as another shot for either flipper I guess), the modes fun and innovative, the sound is great, etc...
I do not like Sterns toy box explosion playfields, I don't need pointless glitz and a game doesn't have to have a toy bash to be good. But I'm a big boy, they guys at SkitB are talented and cool, and I can admit the shot count seems low, especially compared to some modern pins.

For the record, I believe there is a fourth shot from the left, a small hole above the bumper. You can see lights leading to it.

Also, both ramps and the lock hole can be backhanded from the looks of things. I think the game's gonna have some awesome flow and from the looks of things, a can-be-complicated set of modes. In a good way.

#149 7 years ago

Aaaaaand......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 300.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 248.85
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Little Shop Of Games
Cabinet - Toppers
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 210.00
Playfields
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 25.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside