View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playboywillis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by playboywillis. You are on page 2 of 2.
#5706 10 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Yeah let's watch people eating at a restaurant with their family. I guess you have nothing better to do on a Friday night.

You were watching a pinball seminar while you were eating dinner with your family? Lucky

#5724 10 years ago

Man, except for the jelly, I think this bitch is golden. I had a pretty big rant back here; http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/87
about just taking a look at a lot of other pins and their art. I feel like a lot of inspiration for Predator and its graphics came from the older games of the late 80's and 90's, and you can clearly see my take on the newer games' (all Sterns, of course) art style. I understand that a lot of you guys see the cab and think photo realistic graphics were what the pf was going to do, but from what I gather with all of the stuff posted by Skit-B, the way the pf art is depicted was their original vision of the finished product. (To me, a way of separating from Stern and their style) Most of us saw James's, the artists, other work and know he could do some dark stuff. But that's not what Skit-B asked him to do, and while I've enjoyed being a part of this journey, the destination was never up to me or us. (Am I smoking too much lately?)

Anyway, I really doubt that matching the cab to the playfield would make a lot of you happy, even if it made it more cohesive, because then there'd be complaints about how the side of the box looks like LAH. I'm not trying to convince you guys to like something you don't like, and I sure as hell don't think I KNOW Skit's motivations, but that's just what I take away from it. I have come around on the art as I think I understand it, and can look past drop targets that don't exist. The theme and playability are there, and with only 250, I think enough like-minded individuals will be satisfied.

/rant although not really ranting. Just bs'ing

SB, sorry you couldn't get the game up and running. I'm sure it was stressful as hell. Like telling a customer I'll be done in 20 minutes and 5 hours later I'm still saying, "Anyyyyy minute now." Good luck tomorrow. We'll be watching vicariously through others' videos. Thanks Bakushan for the vid and all for the pictures.

(p.s. duck hunt, star fox, sonic, matrix....how the f*ck has no one went after a Zelda machine yet?! It's too perfect. The theme writes itself!)

#5785 10 years ago

I'm wondering if the hanging body will be hooked up to a switch so that it'll shake when the ball goes past it down the ramp.

#5818 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

StarFox and Sonic was filler work to keep them occupied while waiting for vendors etc.

This is pretty good to hear. I just figured that the prototype would have been tried and true, but shit happens. Looking forward to hearing from them here at some point.

(Now, please dispose of that visor in your nearest trash receptacle.)

#5826 10 years ago

I'm on call and I'm drinking. Go ahead.

Also, shopvac?

#5858 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Hmmmm. Interactive or not, I really like the idea of a "choppa" toy.
Has nobody thought of this yet???
I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere... amidst all the ponies and boobs

Haha. It's all over this and the other thread. Speculated it was one of the toys way back when it was a mystery. Figured there was two on the PF so no big deal. Don't think it'll be hard to find an aftermarket one to put in the game. Now getting the rotors to spin, that might be a challenge.

#5911 10 years ago

Big reveal or not man, I just want some video since the others have been down for a while

#5930 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I was hoping to see an update by now. Didn't Kevin say there would be something in a couple days?

Scroll up about 6 posts

#5935 10 years ago

Haha you really are anxious.

I can tell you that the last few times they released video it was late at night so I still haven't given up hope:

#5968 10 years ago

Poop

#5987 10 years ago

Oh well. One more day

#6012 10 years ago

I actually saw this on youtube but didn't watch it due to it being the wizard mode.

Damn guys. I'm pretty bummed.

#6068 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you don't like the teal pops just swap them, I'm sure it's standard hardware. 3 red pop tops, some red LEDs, and you can have your Predator laser sight. Cost you $30 and you can move

I remember a convo when we were shootin the shit about the pops looking like the Pred vision. It was hinted something about changing colors but I think that's off the table. I'd like to see if I could change the code somewhere down the road. I would use either color changing led or just two lights and a clear bumper. Green for normal play and red for hunt.

Like I said, would have to see if I could code it.

#6122 10 years ago

Kevin, the suggestion about the lights sounds awesome. Wasn't a huge deal but it sounds a lot better than coding.
Thanks for coming back and addressing everyone's issues.
I could make out the predators head under the black light and i think it's going to look amazing. Especially when we see those guys pop orange. Let's face it, hunt mode is what attracted me to the project. (On that subject, don't borrow anything from viper night driving. Ever)
Those glow balls feel like bouny balls. Plus when I played that game, they didn't even glow.
Solid looking game. That dmd looks awesome. That shot of the predator alone compared to last year looks 50x better.
I think the ramps flowing right is going to be crucial when tied in together. It sounds (haven't played it) like it might be an easy game so multiple wizards per game is a possibility. Actually, I'm curious if there is a difficulty setting upping the amount of shots for things. Again, open source I know.
Little more light in there would be great as well. I actually like the art and it'd be a shame to darken it.
Did you say you were going to set the body up to be hit by the ball? I'm curious to see how that plays out when all said and done.
Guys type Huey helicopter toy into google. I'm sure you can find some ideas. I'll bet someone can even wire it up to spin the rotors.
Unload blind fire is a pretty slick idea.
Am I the only guy who noticed? Comic Sans was completely absent this time!
Can't wait to see that translite light when finished.
For you guys missing Anna, 5:55.
I'd have to say colored inserts. I can always add colored lights instead of whites based on personal prefernce as well.
I've read every post in both threads but don't remember if the post in the back that you can choose to keep up or set down actually effects gameplay other than personal preference. What I mean is is there like a combo loop bonus or anything?

I think I'm done rambling for now. Thanks for making your presence felt on the forums again. This thread is the only reason I come to pinside anymore. Good luck finishing up

#6199 10 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Second that. Awesome idea!

Third

#6227 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I believe they said a long time ago that callout will be used in the wizard mode.

It's signals normal two lock multiball is ready. It's in the vid

1 week later
#6337 10 years ago

Damn, I stay off the random check site for a couple days and for the first time come back to 80 posts...and it's actually great stuff!

Dude! Thanks for all the clarification. I have to be honest, I thought it'd be another couple of weeks before we heard from you guys again. I've been pumped for a long time now and it's still there.

I figure since you've been pretty active lately Kevin, I'd ASK a couple QUESTIONS.

1. I'm just curious how you think hitting the body will affect the ability to ride smooth up the ramp.**

Pre-question bitch. Ever since you came back with the new vid, I've seen the requests start piling up again for little hardware and art changes when I think a lot of us know that the layout is final. BUT, you did lay down the question of the inserts. So.......

2. What did you guys think of these guy's idea of making the main mode inserts a red text on black inserts? I thought it was a pretty sweet idea and was just curious of your take on it. If it's a no-go, no f**ks given, but I was just curious what you guys think about it.

And about the old videos....man I watched those things a million times and like an idiot never saved them. Especially the 20 minute Thanksgiving update of the two full games from last year. (Time flies doesn't it?) In my opinion*, nothing wrong with posting those again as it was just a thing for me(us) to look at to get pumped up about what to expect. I realize they were old videos that don't necessarily reflect the final product, and I think most of us here do. I have seen plenty of new faces/names in this thread, but a simple disclaimer would be enough, I think. If the vid pull down and the website redesign was to reflect a more professional image because you guys have a lot of bigger and better things on your horizon, I understand it. But at least give me a secret download link or something!

Anyways, I'm really glad that you guys are so close to getting to that final step and I have to tell you that I have huge respect for you guys chasing your dream. All the bullshit of the past aside, I still have faith in your pin and as I'm sure you guys have probably started to hate it for the past couple of months, I think it's pretty awesome regardless. You guys are not Stern, Jersey Jack, Williams, DE or any of the new guys. You're your own f**kin company and I wish you awesome things in the future.

And thanks for bullshittin on the forums with us.

*See Websters dictionary for definition of "opinion."

*Edit: An email I sent long ago talked about why Mac shouted "Sergeant" when Blaine got killed. I always wondered this growing up. I finally realized that he's yelling out "Contact!"

**Edit2: I have to admit I only read your comments first. I see now that this has been asked quite a bit, so sorry to be redundant.

1 month later
#6824 10 years ago

I won't buy that for a dollar.

#6838 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I predict the Robocop remake will be as good as the Total Recall remake.

Haven't you seen the DUI tie-ins? Total Recall didn't even have those!

1 week later
#6880 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

ps. can we expect the video closer to April?

Whoa. Deja vu.

1 week later
#6959 10 years ago

There is an MK future pinball table. It's not that great but it gives you some good sfx. I would buy an Mak pin in a second.

2 weeks later
#7035 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

What else do you want at this point other than the pin in your houses?

Finished or near finished gameplay. The last gameplay video we got was from Thanksgiving, 2012.

272 posts in this topic match your search for posts by playboywillis. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playboywillis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/2?tu=playboywillis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.