View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 143.
#1401 11 years ago

Guys, first of all, the original artist bailed on the project. It's understandable that the art is going to take a little time.

And not to stir up shit, but gettinv $150 from someone to give up your free spot in line doesn't make any sense to me.

#1402 11 years ago

Don't really understand why anyone would bail just yet. $250 isn't a huge chunk of cash (a couple of nights out), especially if you can still sell your place to someone else.

I can understand there are risks but personally I'd rather take a chance that the machine will be all that I'm hoping for rather than than backing out and potentially regretting it later.

Would I like more info? Hell yes - can't wait to see the full playfield. But Kevin and the guys have taken so much time to answer questions so far that I've bought into them as much as the machine.

Anyway, it's obviously a personal decision for people to make so I'm going to shut up now.....

#1403 11 years ago

I'm in for the ride. All questions have been answered. If I have one concern, it's definately the playfield artwork. The artist is a great, talented guy. Spoke with him at Expo. But at this rate, I can't see a finished product anywhere in in near future. And as much as I don't want to admit it, that's a Huge part of the game. I know there going to make this happen, but the artwork might really change the timeline.

#1404 11 years ago

The only thing I question with this project is the time line. It always seemed really aggressive against what we've seen so far. Plus with it being the first pin, there are so many unanticipated things that will come up.

Everything else I think will be ironed out. But for $250 I am in for the ride. I'd have more hesitation if I was asked to pre-pay the entire thing.

#1405 11 years ago

A couple of comments about the above:

1) $250 is not a trivial expense to a guy like me at Christmas time.
2) I did indeed hope to have seen art work / toys / warranty at this point. If it wasn't for the chance to opt out and get my money back when my spot fills, I might have had to drop or ask/beg for an extension.
3) SkitB has been nothing but supportive of, and transparent with, their customers.
4) I have very few doubts that this project will be completed.
5) I have very few doubts that it will take much longer than they are saying.
6) I don't think anyone should be encouraged, cajoled or begged to stick with the game: There are people anxious to get on the list. Let them go, get folks who really want in on board.

#1406 11 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

do you guys plan on having any pinball related call outs like...Arnold yelling Jackpot of extra ball? Or a narrator to help you during the game?

Probably not. With as much audio going on as we have, it would be really forced.

Quoted from navajas:

I will, and I mean this, pull my name from the project the second any half assed Arnold impersonator yells Jackpot at me.

Me too.

Quoted from frolic:

I'm all for more Predator sounds for sure.

They're coming

Quoted from wdpvideo:

I jumped off the band wagon. I watched the video and that's pretty much what I saw at the Chicago Expo. I know it's hard to start up a new company so I wish them the best.

Thanks for the kind words, honesty and professionalism. The machine you see in the video essentially is in the same condition as the game you saw in Chicago, but for the many people who couldn't make it to the Chicago Expo, this is the first they've seen of this build.

Quoted from Old_Hutch:

I would consider offering $150 for your spot in line, assuming we could get confirmation from Kevin that he would be willing to allow that.

I don't want to sound harsh here, but this is something that won't happen if I have any say so in it. If I were on the waitlist for a game for months in advance and someone managed to buy their way on, I'd be extremely upset, and I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Quoted from Russo121:

I really dont want to hear of anymore deposits until i see a final representation of the finished product in all its glory.

You won't. The deposits we've asked for are being used to push the project into completion, and we see no reason why that won't happen.

Quoted from frolic:

The only thing I question with this project is the time line.

We try to be realistic at the same time as pushing ourselves to meet the dates we set. While saying that we should be into production before the end of winter might be ambitious, it's still realistic to expect if we keep moving forward at the rate we're going. While talking with Jack at the Michigan Expo this year, he gave the advice of, "under-promise, over-deliver." Sage advice, to be sure, and at the time I was devoted to heeding it, but as the community interacted with us more and more, I've changed my thinking to "tell everybody exactly what's going on while it's going on, and they'll understand if something slips." I'll admit that this philosophy has shot me in the foot a few times, but it helps me sleep at night

#1407 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

A couple of comments about the above:
1) $250 is not a trivial expense to a guy like me at Christmas time.
2) I did indeed hope to have seen art work / toys / warranty at this point. If it wasn't for the chance to opt out and get my money back when my spot fills, I might have had to drop or ask/beg for an extension.
3) SkitB has been nothing but supportive of, and transparent with, their customers.
4) I have very few doubts that this project will be completed.
5) I have very few doubts that it will take much longer than they are saying.
6) I don't think anyone should be encouraged, cajoled or begged to stick with the game: There are people anxious to get on the list. Let them go, get folks who really want in on board.

Agreed! Well, not seeing the PF artwork is not a real issue for me. Sold a pin to get even... money instantly "reinvested" on $250 deposit, plus another pin (Zac Pinball Champ '82)... with some change left for a bottle of Champaign and foie gras for Xmas...

#1408 11 years ago

I was looking for some playfield art or toys even a doodle of what the toys would be, would be helpful since I have no idea now.

Way I see it, $250 is not an excessive amount of money. Likely three things can happen.

1) you get the game whenever and keep it because its so good
2) you decide to drop out before delivery and get the money back or not (lesson learned) its just $250
3) you get the game and don't like it and resell it for some money just like people do with any other pinball machine can make or lose money but will be able to own and play the game for a time.

My main concern is that this could be a turkey or a basket case of problems. But, as you still pay most of the money before it is built if I have major concerns I have to cross that bridge later in the future once the full production pin is being made. I have a lot of faith in this design team, it seems as if they really know what a real pinball machine should look and play like. I don't think they are going to build a horrible machine. It may be rough around the edges in some areas but I think it will play very good.

#1409 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I don't want to sound harsh here, but this is something that won't happen if I have any say so in it. If I were on the waitlist for a game for months in advance and someone managed to buy their way on, I'd be extremely upset, and I don't want that to happen to anyone.

It's your show Kevin, so obviously it gets run however you want to run it, but I really don't understand what the problem would be with that. I hopefully AM on the waiting list. Unfortunately for me, I joined Pinside in October, which seems to be around the time your pre-orders were filled. I have not received any confirmation that I am on the waiting list or where I might be on it, so I'm just trying to give myself the best shot I can at owning your machine. People pay extra all the time to ticket holders for events where demand exceeds supply. I don't see how this is any different.

I've already received a message from someone that is willing to give up their spot, but if you say it's not gonna happen, then I guess that's it. Hopefully you are flattered that someone is willing to pay a premium for your game. I did not intend to upset anyone by making that offer.

#1410 11 years ago
Quoted from Old_Hutch:

Hopefully you are flattered that someone is willing to pay a premium for your game. I did not intend to upset anyone by making that offer.

I am flattered and I am not upset, and if you sent an email to get on the waitlist you will be there (in the order that the email was received), so no worries

#1411 11 years ago

Woo Hoo!! My deposit check cleared my bank on Friday!

Now I just need for 206 games to be completed so mine can be started.

Marcus
Predator #127

#1412 11 years ago

I've waited three or more years back in 2006 for the MM remakes....we know how that ended.

I've waited since 2011 for WOZ, almost there.

PREDATOR is well worth a wait. Besides, my man cave is nearly done.

Check was sent early last week.

Fun ride so far Skitbpinball, journey is 1/2 the experience! Just don't get too discouraged.

Glass half full and all.

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#1413 11 years ago

Maybe they will give us a Christmas surprise and show us the playfield and the toys.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt" #67

#1414 11 years ago

Deposit sent. Thanks!

#1415 11 years ago

Is it just me, or did the first game video 'beta' way back seem more interesting and fun?

I don't know if it was the angle or the lighting effect or the black ramps, but the latest video made the game seem somewhat 'meh' to me.

#1416 11 years ago

^no hunt mode, and lighting was worse (seems like the sample black ramps make the pf look unlit). But if they carry the lighting from the beta, its gonna look sick!

#1417 11 years ago

Since we're discussing the waitlist and people dropping out this would be a good time to ask about how production order will be handled. I've yet to see this addressed here or even by others working on new projects but it seems to me that if anyone drops out, the production order of all buyers behind them should move up and the lucky waitlist holder that is next in line should take the last available production slot. This methodology would be the fairest to all early supporters.

As a later production number holder I would not be terribly happy knowing that I could be waiting many months more for a game to play than someone that ordered after me.

#1418 11 years ago
Quoted from screen:

Since we're discussing the waitlist and people dropping out this would be a good time to ask about how production order will be handled. I've yet to see this addressed here or even by others working on new projects but it seems to me that if anyone drops out, the production order of all buyers behind them should move up and the lucky waitlist holder that is next in line should take the last available production slot. This methodology would be the fairest to all early supporters.
As a later production number holder I would not be terribly happy knowing that I could be waiting many months more for a game to play than someone that ordered after me.

This is a good point and I agree. Just move them to the back of the line.

#1419 11 years ago

Is the back of the line a bad thing? Gives them some time to iron out the bugs...

#1420 11 years ago

I agree >> to the back of the line is the most fair for everyone else.

#1421 11 years ago

Im almost positive that issue has been addressed and the method you described is what is going to happen.

#48, prod#114

#1422 11 years ago

I think it would be easy to create a 250 rowed excel spreadsheet, and start deleting rows as people drop out, and the spread sheet is always 250 rows deep. New guys get added to the bottom.

#1423 11 years ago

Paid! #130.

BOOM! Goes the dynamite!

#1424 11 years ago

Any more info about that military grade pf overlay? I can't wait to see what it looks like with the art!

#1425 11 years ago

Mailed my check in today cuz I'm old-school and vehemently hate paypal, haha.

#1426 11 years ago
Quoted from Old_Hutch:

I don't know if this has come up before on this monster thread (#2), but if any of you guys that have reservation numbers are having second thoughts or had some other situation come up and need to bail, I would consider offering $150 for your spot in line, assuming we could get confirmation from Kevin that he would be willing to allow that.
And Kevin, if you see this, please post whether you would allow it or not.
Thanks

Dude there is a waiting list, think you should get on it.

#1427 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Mailed my check in today cuz I'm old-school and vehemently hate paypal

I did the same. Mailed it today. I don't see any reason for Paypal to get a slice of this action.

#1428 11 years ago

Hi Kevin,

sent two separate paypals.
I'm in for #22 and # 244
Now it feels official

#1429 11 years ago

Funds have been sent!

#1430 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree >> to the back of the line is the most fair for everyone else.

As long as this doesn't cause a headache for skit-B.

BTW #242 deposit sent.

#1431 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Dude there is a waiting list, think you should get on it.

If you would have taken the time to read down through a couple more posts, you would have read that I hope that I am on the waiting list, but had not received anything to confirm that, so I didn't really know. You would have also read that I asked Kevin's permission, he said no, and that was the end of the discussion. Then you might not have felt the need to chime in on something 2 days after the discussion has ended, DUDE

#1432 11 years ago

Dude, relax

#1433 11 years ago

A lot of Dudeiosity going on here...

#1434 11 years ago

You could also use Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

#1435 11 years ago

Dude bro dude!

#1436 11 years ago

SWEEEET!

#1437 11 years ago

all the more reason for SkitB #2 to be TBL.

#1438 11 years ago

Deposit Sent

#1439 11 years ago

Kevin was the black light actually on for the last video? I wish you would add a few playfield lights so we can see what we are doing a bit better. I guess that can also be done after we get it easily enough if need be. Also, I did not notice Long Tall Sally song, hopefully you have that song playing once you reach super jackpot in all the multi-ball modes that would be awesome.

Deposit sent last night, good luck during the home stretch Skit-B!

Quoted from shootar:

Is the back of the line a bad thing? Gives them some time to iron out the bugs...

If anything the way I have seen Skit-B conduct themselves throughout the process I would assume they would pay very close attention with the first pins being made to ensure their are no bugs to iron out. After all the first machines will be going to pinheads that supported Skit-B's project from the very beginning so I really think they will pay close attention to detail when making them for us. If there are problems with the first ones sent out others in line will know about it which is another reason why Skit-B will be on their game while starting to build em.

#1440 11 years ago

Yeah hope they have not done away with the song on multiball start,one of my favourite things about the machine,surely one of the best intros

#1441 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

If anything the way I have seen Skit-B conduct themselves throughout the process I would assume they would pay very close attention with the first pins being made to ensure their are no bugs to iron out. After all the first machines will be going to pinheads that supported Skit-B's project from the very beginning so I really think they will pay close attention to detail when making them for us. If there are problems with the first ones sent out others in line will know about it which is another reason why Skit-B will be on their game while starting to build em.

I am positive that the guys will do all they can to ensure there aren't, unlike another major pinball manufacturer.

But there are always bugs to be ironed out in any new build. As I am bringing mine to Australia, it's about as far as you can possibly get if anything needs a fixin!

#1442 11 years ago
Quoted from Old_Hutch:

If you would have taken the time to read down through a couple more posts, you would have read that I hope that I am on the waiting list, but had not received anything to confirm that, so I didn't really know. You would have also read that I asked Kevin's permission, he said no, and that was the end of the discussion. Then you might not have felt the need to chime in on something 2 days after the discussion has ended, DUDE

Sorry about the dude crack, it's a BIG thread and I must have missed something. Back to predator 101.

#1443 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Deposit Sent

There was a guy looking to snipe your number F_T, dont know if you saw that post. (doubt youd give it up though lol )

Checking in from Sydney. Internet is only 30$ for 2hrs/1000mb... what a deal! lol

What better to do then check in on my Skit B progress.

Cant Wait!!!

#1444 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

rry about the dude crack, it's a BIG thread and I must have missed something. Back to Predator 101.

No problem starbase. I was a little testy with my response, sorry 'bout that

#1445 11 years ago

Hey! What's everyone have for a build number? I am machine #90 with a build # of 70!

#1446 11 years ago

#199 with build # 192

#1447 11 years ago

#13 with a build order number of 5.

#1448 11 years ago

#3... build 3
aka Guinea Pig

#1449 11 years ago

I sure hope I'm on the waiting list....I have not heard if I am or not.

This would make a great 1st pin for sure!

#1450 11 years ago

Kevin was the black light actually on for the last video? I wish you would add a few playfield lights so we can see what we are doing a bit better.

Yes, the blacklights are installed in the machine and were active during the gameplay videos. Unfortunately, they are extremely hard to see in the videos due to the lighting in the shop here and from the angle the video was filmed, they are completely obscured by the makeshift assemblies that hold them in place. That is by design, though, because UV light is really annoying to the eye if you look right at it, and it's meant to hit the playfield only. In this proto we went with proper UV lights, and I honestly regret it for this point in testing. There isn't anything UV reactive on the playfield yet and the black ramps don't light up like the clear ones do, obviously, so the effect is really lost while playing this build. We still have the blue lights here in a box somewhere, so I'm probably going to switch them back in so we at least get the feel back while testing/playing until the cool UV reactive stuff gets in there. Also on the subject of lighting, we definitely notice the lack of light in the center, and we're going to fix that. For those of you paying really close attention, the previous proto did have some extra lighting in the center and we took it out because we thought it was too much. Lesson learned; it's going back.

I did not notice Long Tall Sally song

That's because I suck and didn't get the Super Jackpot in either of the videos. It's still there, but it does come from a Super Jackpot, so unless you are a much better player than I, don't expect to hear it every time you play

Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Checking in from Sydney. Internet is only 30$ for 2hrs/1000mb...

Welcome to Australia, where software piracy would cost more than purchasing!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.