Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 143.
#1351 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So now that you've got the account set up, it is time to start asking for deposits on game #2?

Lol.

#1352 7 years ago

I sent a check instead of paypal.

#1353 7 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

Sadly I got in to late for the Predator and I wanted this one really bad. This would have been my very first pin. can someone here point me in the direction of the waiting listed? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

The email address is somewhere in this thread. But the point of them asking deposits is to clean their list out of the not serious people, so now is the time to get on that waiting list as people drop out.

#1354 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The email address is somewhere in this thread. But the point of them asking deposits is to clean their list out of the not serious people, so now is the time to get on that waiting list as people drop out.

My cash is waiting for someone to drop. Thanks, I'll get to looking!

#1355 7 years ago

It is possible that as a non-profit PayPal will get less or no cut of this $250. I have a lot of PayPal experience, but none as a non-profit so this is pure speculation. Also, their rate will drop pretty quickly with the amount of money that's about to bomb them.

#1356 7 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Great. Now 100 "paid" comments are coming...

Ha. Yeah playboy, you've always kept superfluous posts of the Predator threads...

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Ha. Yeah playboy, you've always kept superfluous posts of the Predator threads...

You have a point

#1358 7 years ago

Whats the ETA on seeing playfields, or is the artwork complete yet?

#1359 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

So now that you've got the account set up, it is time to start asking for deposits on game #2?

Zing!

#1360 7 years ago

Deposit just sent - #121. Feels like the real deal now.

Couple of items I wouldn't mind some more clarification on:
1) Warranty/Service/Repair Plan?
2) Shipping - cost estimates? (I assume free if we pick up...)
3) Any update on critical milestones timing - artwork finished and approved, tooling completed, code completed, first production run, etc.?

Looking forward to this pin - I like how there's a bit of art on the speaker/dmd panel as well - will fit in nicely with my T2, IJ, TZ, and CFTBL line-up.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

1) Warranty/Service/Repair Plan?

Working on it. There will definitely be SOMETHING, though.

Quoted from T-800:

2) Shipping - cost estimates? (I assume free if we pick up...

Costs more to come pick it up. Booze and libations aren't free

Quoted from T-800:

3) Any update on critical milestones timing - artwork finished and approved, tooling completed, code completed, first production run, etc.?

Trust me, you'll know this stuff pretty darn quick after it's done.

#1362 7 years ago

"In Skit We Trust"

#1363 7 years ago

First pin built by end of January? Or is that too optimistic?

#1364 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Costs more to come pick it up. Booze and libations aren't free

Lol. Very true... at least the booze and libations should be more fun than waiting for a truck to show up in my driveway. Michigan has some decent beer, do they not?

#1365 7 years ago

Great. Now 100 "paid" comments are coming...

HAVEN'T PAID YET.

suck it.

#1366 7 years ago

Coin dropped

#1367 7 years ago

Paid

#1368 7 years ago

xplorer:
Love your Mötorhead avatar - would actually love a Pin featuring Lemmy! Nice collection too.

Several Germans signed up for Predator. Did you consider grouped shipping?
BTW, It seems I am the only French so far!

#1369 7 years ago

jlm33: merci yes, i´d love to see a Motörhead / Lemmy pin too. but what do get instead..Metallica (maybe) ok, not that bad.

we talked about a grouped shipping, i hope that will work out. are you really the only one from france who ordered a predator? did you ask in the french online community? Unfortunately Bordeaux is far away...

#1370 7 years ago

Paid!!! Starting to become a reality

#1371 7 years ago

By what date is the initial deposit due?

#1372 7 years ago

ok ok ok take de gold

money.jpg

#1373 7 years ago

paid.. will go nice next to my T3

#1374 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

By what date is the initial deposit due?

I am not 100% positive on this and I sure the SkitB guys will chime in, but I thought Dec 14th was the cutoff for the $250 deposit. I assume they will then fill in all unpaid slots with those on the wait list at that time.

#1375 7 years ago

#139 my deposit is in. Get er done boys.

#1376 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not 100% positive on this and I sure the SkitB guys will chime in, but I thought Dec 14th was the cutoff for the $250 deposit. I assume they will then fill in all unpaid slots with those on the wait list at that time.

December 14th is going to be a pretty busy day for us, I can tell you that right now. You are right in remembering that date, but we're trying to be an lenient as possible with pre-owners. If someone has special circumstances that prevent them from being able to make their deposit, PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY (kevin@skitbpinball.com). While we have a very real need to know who is serious about this project, we certainly don't want someone to lose their game because of a timing issue, especially during the holiday season. That being said, once Dec14 comes and goes, if we haven't heard anything from someone, we have to assume that he/she would be giving up their spot. That's when the waitlisters will start being moved into the pre-order spots.

Oh, and on that note, we have lost very few pre-orders, especially compared to the numbers I was worried about, initially, but I can tell you there are some spots opening up. I'm not sure if it's enough to cover the entire waitlist, but we'll know more on the 14th.

#1377 7 years ago

You'se haven't lost many people because your game looks great but more importantly your a great company who listen to there customers,amazing!!!

#1378 7 years ago

I was watching the video again...do you guys plan on having any pinball related call outs like...Arnold yelling Jackpot of extra ball? Or a narrator to help you during the game?

#1379 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I was watching the video again...do you guys plan on having any pinball related call outs like...Arnold yelling Jackpot of extra ball? Or a narrator to help you during the game?

I will, and I mean this, pull my name from the project the second any half assed Arnold impersonator yells Jackpot at me. The governator himself? Well, I'll deal with it. But the voice work on Oz is an f'ing travesty and if I was given one by a rich benefactor I'd have to play it on mute. I pray to the hell of the horny dragon nothing like that happens here.

Not that I'm worried. It's not really SkitB's style.

#1380 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I will, and I mean this, pull my name from the project the second any half assed Arnold impersonator yells Jackpot at me. The governator himself? Well, I'll deal with it. But the voice work on Oz is an f'ing travesty and if I was given one by a rich benefactor I'd have to play it on mute. I pray to the hell of the horny dragon nothing like that happens here.
Not that I'm worried exactly.

I hear you but I do wish they had a different sound for jackpot myself. Like the quote from Dillon when he finds the papers at the camp he yells "jackpot gotdamn jackpot" or something to that effect.

#1381 7 years ago

There is lots of talk of soundalikes for Avengers.... Arnold would be easy. You could probably hire a real decent one.

#1382 7 years ago

Get the guy who does Arnold on The Howard Stern show and Austrian Death Machine.

#1383 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There is lots of talk of soundalikes for Avengers.... Arnold would be easy. You could probably hire a real decent one.

How much faith do you have that those will sound anything close to good? Oz's voice work is a train wreck. Almost everyone thinks they can do Arnold's voice, and in my experience, they're wrong.

Dillon's "goddamn jackpot" would be great, but, ha, with all these modes stacked up he might go horse.

All that said, there are sounds in this game I don't like at all, and the "Wah Wah Wah" jackpot is certainly one of them.

#1384 7 years ago

Heck, you could probably hire the real one these days. I read he charged $50k to do the dvd commentary for total recall, and that was years ago.

#1385 7 years ago

I mean, couldn't we get Carl Weathers at least? I'm sure he'd do it for a very reasonable amount. Or Jesse Ventura? Or both?

#1386 7 years ago

Jesse would be a great voice. I think at this point though we are in the 11th hour with this game, they probably want to wrap up what they have going, not introduce new variables.

I guess the good thing is software issues can be dealt with after shipping. So new samples can be added, etc.

I'm all for more Predator sounds for sure.

#1387 7 years ago

What about the predator roar for a jackpot? Or Billy laughing? Anything but WAH-WAH-WAH.

#1388 7 years ago

No voice anything outside of clips from the movie, the jackpot sound is fine, no need to complicate a process trying to get the actual person to do custom pinball callouts...cause it ain't gonna happen, and the payoff if it did would be so minimal it's not even worth the thought.

#1389 7 years ago

I vote for Jessie Ventura doing the play by play.

#1390 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I vote for Jessie Ventura doing the play by play.

He might do it if they incorporate some conspiracy-based lines:

"Shoot the ramp for 'Thermite Paint Multiball'!"

#1391 7 years ago

WooHoo! PAID!

#1392 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I mean, couldn't we get Carl Weathers at least? I'm sure he'd do it for a very reasonable amount. Or Jesse Ventura? Or both?

Carl Weathers will work for stew

#1393 7 years ago

Carl Weathers will work for stew

Too damn funny. How many people will actually get/remember that?

lol, I had to rewatch that part:

#1394 7 years ago

I am all for changing the jackpot noise with something that can be easily put in its place

#1395 7 years ago

Anyone have any idea of good predator noises. I think the game needs some more call outs that sound like the pred himself. He makes a cool clicky noise and some other noise when he cloaks. Ideas?

#1396 7 years ago

Well, my list spot just opened. I jumped off the band wagon. Just not enough substance for me. Not real art work on the play field and not much to see in the way of toy's from Matt like they claim. Allot of fixing code over and over at the expo in Chicago. It seemed to me like they were very un- pre-paired at the expo. The guys are great and I wish them the best. I would have stuck with them on the list if they would have put more out there. The computer screen showing art work was cool but way to may question could not be answered for me. Then they sent out a email asking for deposits and from the show date to the date I got the email. I didn't see anything different. I watched the video and that's pretty much what I saw at the Chicago Expo. Maybe I am missing something. I know it's hard to start up a new company so I wish them the best.

#1397 7 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well, my list spot just opened. I jumped off the band wagon. Just not enough substance for me. Not real art work on the play field and not much to see in the way of toy's from Matt like they claim. Allot of fixing code over and over at the expo in Chicago. It seemed to me like they were very un- pre-paired at the expo. The guys are great and I wish them the best. I would have stuck with them on the list if they would have put more out there. The computer screen showing art work was cool but way to may question could not be answered for me. Then they sent out a email asking for deposits and from the show date to the date I got the email. I didn't see anything different. I watched the video and that's pretty much what I saw at the Chicago Expo. Maybe I am missing something. I know it's hard to start up a new company so I wish them the best.

I understand your feelings. This is the only deposit they are gonna ask for. As for the toys, they said they are gonna try and get us a sneak peek from Matt. They have shown us more of the artwork in this thread but I can understand how some could be a little apprehensive since all we really have is sketches. It is a huge undertaking for just a couple of guys in their basement but I have faith they will pull it off, as for the deposit it a very small risk for the reward I believe. I believe they have been very forthcoming on info and in the end will make a great machine.

Maybe Kevin can chime in here and alleviate some of the worries you and others have?

#1398 7 years ago

I don't know if this has come up before on this monster thread (#2), but if any of you guys that have reservation numbers are having second thoughts or had some other situation come up and need to bail, I would consider offering $150 for your spot in line, assuming we could get confirmation from Kevin that he would be willing to allow that.

And Kevin, if you see this, please post whether you would allow it or not.

Thanks

#1399 7 years ago

wpdvideo >> I understand all of your concerns but there have been more things shown in this thread and many questions answered by the SkitB guys. If you did not make it through the whole thread then you may want to retrack before you bail completely. I had some of your exact same concerns, but felt they were quelched after reading this entire thread.

I would just hate to see an original supporter bail at this stage when this is the cheapest NIB project out there and actually a true Limited Edition by some real pinheads! Keep in mind that there is a waiting list with many people happy to take any slots that open up. SkitB has also made it clear that if you want out at a later date then you can get your deposit back if someone else takes your slot >> which it appears there is a pretty good chance of that happening. Heck there are guys already offering cash to buy out slots even before the deposit stage deadline.

If you pass, then I assume you will make someone on the waitlist very happy. Hope my comments do not pissoff any of those waiting Just would hate to see someone jumps ship this early and then regrets it later.

#1400 7 years ago

I was one of the first to question wether or not these guys could do what they say. From what i see, i think they will pull it off. I doubt the timeline for completion somewhat but not due to my disbelief of skit-b, but from the past experiences of others trying to complete the same task.

That said, i've coughed up my deposit (#99 'ol painless is waitin') and im going to see it through. I always wanted a pin built like this, so for the money, its a no brainer for me. I am disspointed not to see any completed artwork at this stage, but i understand that the level of detail can take time to complete.

I really dont want to hear of anymore deposits until i see a final representation of the finished product in all its glory. At this point, i thinks thats a fair query....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 219.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 9,000.00
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,400.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Electronics
TheDudeMods
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 209.99
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,099.00
$ 2,000.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside