View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 143.
#1301 11 years ago

http://goo.gl/maps/grSg7

I think you still have a ways north to go from Kalamazoo, but you'd best hit up Bell's brewery while you're over there.

#1302 11 years ago

Oh my god. The inserts are things like grenades and claymores!?

Ha. God damnit! I can't wait!!!

#1303 11 years ago

By the way that pic looks awesome.

#1304 11 years ago

That pic just put the biggest smile on my face, simply friggin awesome!

#1305 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

I'm flying into the D the Friday night before Christmas (Dec 21(day the world ends)) and would be there for a while on Saturday, but will be in Kalamazoo for the rest which is 2 1/2 hours away. Didn't know if that place would be close and my ride could swing me by there.

I'm gonna be in Kalamazzo the 21st - 24th myself, and gonna hit Bell's for sure

#1306 11 years ago

I've been trying to figure out what those inserts would be for months! Very cool use of the Predator bomb gauntlet. And, it makes perfect sense with the player basically playing the role of the predator. Nice work!

IMG_1228.jpgIMG_1228.jpg

#1307 11 years ago

Thanks Kevin for taking the time to answer our questions. Really looking forward to seeing this all come together with the artwork.

#1308 11 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I'm gonna be in Kalamazzo the 21st - 24th myself, and gonna hit Bell's for sure

Straight. I usually stay on West Main. The first time I came back after I moved, Main St. Pub had an Avatar LE. Heard they have an ACDC now. No pins until I move ya know.

#1309 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I've been trying to figure out what those inserts would be for months! Very cool use of the Predator bomb gauntlet. And, it makes perfect sense with the player basically playing the role of the Predator. Nice work!

The pinball machine is the movie, not a character. There's modes, game play and art based on both "sides". Hence Killing Spree, Destroy the Camp, Catch the Girl, etc...

#1310 11 years ago

Just noticed the end of Unload mode is Mac spinning the empty minigun. Awesome. That'd be sweet if it kept turning until the last ball dropped.

Also, the "I can make it" ball save is pretty sweet.

If you look at what would be Dillon's shoulder in that new picture with the chopper, it looks like the guys were re-drawn.

Man, I am pumped about this shit. Looks great!

#1311 11 years ago

Agreed. The detail on the playfield pics so far have got me even more excited about this pin.

#1312 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I also hope the SkitB team has a few hidden eggs programmed in.

Guys.... you need to make a deal and include the Predator Musical song "If it bleeds we can kill it" as some sort of easter egg. That would be tremendous.

#1313 11 years ago

Even better, but I'm sure it's too late, get some tunes from Austrian Death Machine in it, maybe as an alternate soundtrack? It's a joke band (just a single guy) from the metal band As I Lay Dying.

He'd probably allow it for free, or at least at a low cost.

#1314 11 years ago

The art is coming along nicely, and great job on the inserts

#1315 11 years ago

Also, the "I can make it" ball save is pretty sweet.

I liked this as well. I was thinking "Stick around" would be another good one here.

#1316 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I liked this as well. I was thinking "Stick around" would be another good one here.

Haha same here but I dont want to sound demanding if they have othef plans cor it.

...I did notice the knife to belly animation during destroy the camp and didnt hear a stick around callout...so maybe

#1317 11 years ago

I'm not saying anything bad here, but I read "epic contrast" as "loss of definition."

Yup - exactly what it is. It's just speculation but I've seen the Tron film probably over 10 times now, and the contrast in the Stern animations looks wrong - just like when you turn contrast up too high and brightness down to compensate - emphasises highs and lows by throwing things away.

I'm not a fan, use a good display and you don't have to ruin the source material. Reminds me of people jacking up loudness on CD recordings now, ruining the sound just so people with bad quality earphones can enjoy it.

I'm also really, really not a fan of patchwork quilt and grid lines - I'll be one of the first trying to plasma convert the game Making it compatable with the Stern plasma power board would be a bonus, then all the parts are off the shelf - I converted an EU Tron by buying the stuff from Marco/Bay Area.

#1318 11 years ago

midnight madness would be cool

#1319 11 years ago

FWIW, I'm disappointed about 2 things, no video mode and no color display.

#1320 11 years ago

Just wondering if anything can be done with the cabinet to prevent damage from the legs. Could this be something that is considered for Predator. Would clear coating the cabinet stop this?

#1321 11 years ago

just use the pinbal life metal protectors under the legs as soon as you get you game.

#1322 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just use the pinbal life metal protectors under the legs as soon as you get you game.

Every Predator comes with plastic leg protectors anyways.

#1323 11 years ago

Every Predator comes with plastic leg protectors anyways.

Why not carbon fiber to save shipping weight?

#1324 11 years ago

I'm very curious which LED DMD has so much better support for more (16?) tints. Please let us know how it performs and exactly which model it is!

Cheers, Koen

#1325 11 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

I'm very curious which LED DMD has so much better support for more (16?) tints.

Koen, once we get it (this coming monday), we will take some quick comparison videos and post them up online.

On another note, PayPal is up and running properly. The email with the proper information will be going out late tonight/early tomorrow, but for those of you who want to get on it early can go ahead and send deposits to [email protected].

#1326 11 years ago

Deposit Sent.....wanted to be First!!!!

Glad you went with Paypal....scary the money the make!

Art #100...13th in line!!!! YES!!!

#1327 11 years ago

Damn, Art, yes, you were certainly the first from Pinside to hit the PayPal mark. I think that was like seconds

#1328 11 years ago

I just watched the latest video by Skit-B again and am starting to get very excited. I know I am a pinball nerd but what can I do I am who I am. The sound is great cant wait to see the playfield art and toys being designed. Great news that you set up paypal for deposits. Best of luck to you and the team Kevin and thanks for dreaming up and making the Predator happen for us pinheads out here!

#1329 11 years ago

Paid!

#1330 11 years ago

Oh yeah.... I'm paid and in on the fun

#1331 11 years ago

I'm paid too. #67

#1332 11 years ago

Paid!

#1333 11 years ago

Willing to trade early production slot (30) and very cool #11 for #69 no matter if later production planned.. .

#1334 11 years ago

Just to confirm, the deposit is $250, right? The email i got from you Kevin didnt state an amount and i have only heard that amount being talked about here. Just wanted some solid confirmation of the total required before i pay.

#1335 11 years ago

PAID

#1336 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Just to confirm, the deposit is $250, right? The email i got from you Kevin didnt state an amount and i have only heard that amount being talked about here. Just wanted some solid confirmation of the total required before i pay.

Yes $250, go to skitb's Predator Page and it's there

#1337 11 years ago

Great. Now 100 "paid" comments are coming...

#1338 11 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

When you follow the email they sent, click on the link to make paypal paymnet and it will redirect for you to pay via your paypal account, and then click to pay now > it will automatically pop up with $250 in the amount field. You can then select you method of payment (debit, credit, or direct from paypal balance).

#1339 11 years ago

Great. Now 100 "paid" comments are coming...

You mean 250 'paid' comments, followed by a bunch of 'anyone drop out' comments, followed by lots of 'nope sorry' comments, followed by a stark contrast of elation of buyers that can now really know this is officially happening and sorrow from those that are still in waiting limbo

btw >> "Paid"

#1340 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You mean 250 'paid' comments, followed by a bunch of 'anyone drop out' comments, followed by lots of 'nope sorry' comments, followed by a stark contrast of elation of buyers that can now really know this is officially happening and sorrow from those that are still in waiting limbo
btw >> "Paid"

Well I think we found out only about 110 preorders were pinside users

#1341 11 years ago

Ok great, I'm sending my $$$$ in with great excitement!!!

Number 1, I love the info and attitude of these guys and just applaud the effort and seem to have their sh*t together on a much higher level than either Stern or JJ (on a relative size basis!)

Number 2, I see Stern pump out another line pins, different models, LE's designed to screw the collector, $$$ wise, and once again, it will be a half a**, half finished code product...

Number 3, While I know I will love the quality, play and innovation of Woz, I'm getting tired of the attitude, it seems, that the pin loyalist that supported these guys from day one doesn't seem to matter a whole lot anymore......

It looks like I'll be happily supporting guys like this and Jpop now and in the future...

#1342 11 years ago

Yes, Ice. I've made a decision as well. I'm not supporting the Stern method of having different machines (LE, Pro, Semi-Pro, Prem, etc) The WOZ method is best. Basic gameplay and all toys are the same. Bells and whitsles can be added later. Prices are getting crazy. My rich friends will not pay $8k for a pinball machine! (I need coffee)

#1343 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, Ice. I've made a decision as well. I'm not supporting the Stern method of having different machines (LE, Pro, Semi-Pro, Prem, etc) The WOZ method is best. Basic gameplay and all toys are the same. Bells and whitsles can be added later. Prices are getting crazy. My rich friends will not pay $8k for a pinball machine! (I need coffee)

Right on Ted!...We now have Options A, B, C and D to choose from and Stern doesn't seem to get it......he will shortly if I'm right about Avengers sales.....

#1344 11 years ago

Is there any fee associated with sending the payment through PayPal that SkitB has to pickup? I might just still send a check so all of my money is going directly to them and not being leeched by PayPal.

#1345 11 years ago

Yeah. There's a lot taking away from Avengers right now. Predator, WOZ, Hobbit. I'm pretty burnt out on Super Heros right now. And the price! I've spoken to a few friends who own bars about putting in a few machines. $4k maybe...7-8K..no way...

#1346 11 years ago

Sadly I got in to late for the Predator and I wanted this one really bad. This would have been my very first pin. can someone here point me in the direction of the waiting listed? I'll keep my fingers crossed!

#1347 11 years ago

My wife just paid my deposit!!
''I ain't got time to suck up''

#1348 11 years ago

So now that you've got the account set up, it is time to start asking for deposits on game #2?

#1349 11 years ago

the Paypal method is just so easy. Deposit is paid and everything is cool. I am a little sad that Paypal will get a cut of this cash though. I want SkitB to get every sent they deserve.

#1350 11 years ago

CC fees are just a part of doing business. Skit-b should factor that into their budget planning. The more convenient it is to pay for a customer, the more business they will do, so it is a net positive.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.