View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 143.
#1201 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My laptop fried and the backup list is on my work computer, so I will do an update on Monday.

Hold off on changing #30. It is still my number.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hi Blondtall,
Here are changes I have read about. Would be great to see an updated list. hint hint
#2 gambit3113 Dallas, TX
#13 gambit switched with ??
#30 jeffspinballpalace Atlanta, GA
#121 T-800 Minesota
#143 denmark71 CA
#178 simon London, UK
#182 ed ciani north smithfield ri
#200 bigduke6 Oak Lawn, IL

Jeff, how about backing off on the whole usurping my number thing you got going on. That would be appreciated.

Dan

#1202 11 years ago

ERMAGERD

VIDEO SNEAK PEEK

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#1203 11 years ago
Quoted from Hoss-Woods:

ERMAGERD
VIDEO SNEAK PEEK

Go Steve!

#1204 11 years ago
Quoted from Hoss-Woods:

ERMAGERD
VIDEO SNEAK PEEK

Go Steve!

#1205 11 years ago

New video is finished and uploaded. It will be posted sometime tomorrow, I think you'll all really enjoy it and I hope it's everything you guys were looking to see. 'Til then, it's 5AM, good night for now

#1206 11 years ago

Ohhh, can't wait!

#1207 11 years ago

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1208 11 years ago

Guys, its 1pm, wakey wakey

#1209 11 years ago

Were is the video update??

#1210 11 years ago

Kevin,

Any information on how to pay the $250 deposit from overseas ? (credit card or paypal ?)

#1211 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Any information on how to pay the $250 deposit from overseas ? (credit card or paypal ?)

Should be worked out Monday or shortly after that. We'll definitely send out another email when we get all this sorted out.

On another note, has anyone checked the website lately?

#1212 11 years ago

^nice! That vid is all time!!! Great work guys, cannot wait to get mine

#1213 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Should be worked out Monday or shortly after that. We'll definitely send out another email when we get all this sorted out.

Nice job Steve!

Chris

#1214 11 years ago

Steve had me laughing.........Kevin, you should make some type of easter egg with your new puppy showing up on the DMD!

Chris

#1215 11 years ago

Looks very sweet... Is this going to be a dark game as far as lighting goes? I love playing with the lights off and AC/DC Premium is sweet for playing in a dark room...how will Predator be for that?

#1216 11 years ago

Looking great,more action than the film,never seen so many multiballs lol.Lovin the music and all the clips in the background.Bet it sounds great with that sound system.Cant wait to blast out the house when this thing arrives.That right ramp looks like it maybe a tricky shot,don't think I seen a shot made?

#1217 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

playing in a dark room...how will Predator be for that?

Designed for it We need to figure out a few more places for GI to light the middle of the field a little better, but lights-off play has been on our minds from the start.

Quoted from Montu32:

That right ramp looks like it maybe a tricky shot,don't think I seen a shot made?

Yeah, it is a tricky shot, but there certainly were shots made. It's not really a shot you "fall on," you really have to make that shot with intent to make it around. I know in the video Killing Spree was started with a right ramp shot, but those black ramps make it hard to see black pearls when they're hit...

Quoted from Jetzxi:

you should make some type of easter egg with your new puppy showing up on the DMD!

There's gonna be an easter egg with him showing up on Craigslist if these little girls don't stop trying to put Barbie clothes on the poor guy!

#1218 11 years ago

That looks great! Was also impressed by the mad flipper skills.

#1219 11 years ago

Very cool guys was that an opening for one of the wizard modes in the game at the end of the video? Will there be and pinball type call outs like jackpot or extra ball etc etc?

#1220 11 years ago

New video is finished and uploaded. It will be posted sometime tomorrow, I think you'll all really enjoy it and I hope it's everything you guys were looking to see. 'Til then, it's 5AM, good night for now

I'm Sulky Stevie and I approve this video update!

#1221 11 years ago

AWESOOOMEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now who the hell's usin my initials over there???

Would it be safe to say there's still a few animations that aren't finished yet?

Also, the only gripe I had with the full game was that for some modes, I didn't know what the hell you were doing and if you finished them or not.
Obviously, owning the game and playing it a few times would fix that so not a big deal at all.

Also, what did you keep grabbing up there above the shooter. Just curious.

Nice job guys. I'm off to watch it again and probably 5 more times today.

Adios

#1222 11 years ago

Awesome now i`m so curious about the toys and all that stuff...looks like a killer game

#1223 11 years ago

Where is the link for the new video? I'd love to watch it too

#1225 11 years ago

Hard to see what's going on a lot of the time, between lack of HD footage and those pesky black ramps. Definitely looks like it's coming along though.

Any chance of getting Arnold to do some of the Jackpot callouts? Hell, even Carl Weathers or Jesse Ventura.

#1226 11 years ago

Also, any concerns with that right ramp? Seeing you flub the shot so many times has me concerned, given your obvious high level of skill.

#1227 11 years ago

I'll start with great video. Now on to my concerns. It seemed like it was fairly easy to achieve multiball then to score a lot of points in a short amount of time. Since I have no idea about the rules or scoring ill just write about what I seen in the video. I know the first game was to show off the multiballs and that's cool but was wondering when you start say the bottom tier multiball whichever one that is is the scoring for that multiball a little amount of points and then when you stack two or more the score doubles or triples? It just seemed if you were to use this game for a tournament you could just spam multiball.

Scoring:
For my own personal taste I prefer a game that's harder to score and to break a billion points would be a milestone is this what you guys think as well? I realize you're an exceptional player and my scores would probably be half what yours are but that's still high for a 8+ minute game.

Lighting:
It's looking like there is a lot to be desired when it comes to lighting. Are you using leds? Why did you scrap the rope lighting on the inside walls of the cab? Are there still plans to use the uv paint and lighting? If so I'm thinking spot lights for the center of the playfield would be good. As I'm sure you know a beautiful light show can make all the difference in a game it can help immerse the player into that world. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any flashers, are they gonna be added? Would be cool to synchronize them with gun shots and explosions in the sound system. I still loved the other video you did with hunt mode and the rope lighting would come on.

Toys:
How much of a difference will the toys make toward game play? I know you said you were gonna add the Predator claw and you were only adding toys that interact with the game. I guess what I'm asking is will it change game play and shots?

Layout:
You said you moved the pops and center targets to stop the sdtm drains but how much has that changed the kick outs that used to shoot into the pop bumpers? That was an aspect I liked and added to the feel of running through the jungle. It seemed like the kick outs didn't do much now.

Sound and Video:
I love the voice quotes and some of the sound but my concern is with being able to tell which mode you are in, it might be a good idea to change up the music and add call outs to let the player know where they are at in a game. It seems like it just has the same repetitive Predator music throughout the game. Are there plans to add a full soundtrack for the different modes and add call outs for multiball, extraball and replay?

Overall:
Though my concerns may sound negative please don't take them as such. I'm very impressed with the game at this stage in its development and I have no doubt you guys will bring a fun and fresh machine into production. Overall from what I've seen I'll give it a grade below.

From just watching the video

Rules and Modes: B+

Scoring: C

Sound: B-

Lighting: D+

Playfield design and layout: C

Overall: C+ (that's not bad at all considering there is still a lot to be shown)

All of these scores will surely change so please don't be offended by any of the lower scores. I figure constructive criticism is the best route to perfection. Loved the video btw had me grinning ear to ear by the end. I can't wait to see a sneak peak of the toys and the playfield art.

#1228 11 years ago

I think a major part of it is if we can know some sort of approximations on how complete things are. If they can be broken down into categories, that'd be great. If things like the lighting are still in their infancy, then it'd be less to be worried about at the current stage.

#1229 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I think a major part of it is if we can know some sort of approximations on how complete things are. If they can be broken down into categories, that'd be great. If things like the lighting are still in their infancy, then it'd be less to be worried about at the current stage.

Good point and I agree

#1230 11 years ago

Looks pretty damn fun. The 19th minute had me cheering out loud.

Some observations:

1) Slings and pops seem really reluctant to hit. Design intent? Personal taste?
1.5) There is now space for the ball to escape the pops to the upper left. That's new right? I actually like how the up above jungle trap area has shrunk, but with that escape and the tight pops, there's not much action up there right now. I might not be in the majority, but I do occasionally like to see a frantic jumble of pops going off.
2) Where's the UV?! Please God. Where's the UV!?
3) Must admit to mode confusion mentioned above.
4) Can't figure out what's going on with the reticule zooming in on the letters (usually 'N').

Looks great. I've got a raging nerd-on for that end of video teaser. Well done guys!

EDIT:
5) Forgot to mention another nitpick: Not crazy about the sound effects at Bonus count up. :-/

#1231 11 years ago

Is there going to be a Video Mode?

#1232 11 years ago

Percentage wise, where do you feel you are in development? Seems there is a long way to go. -THIS IS OK, just want to temper expectations.

I would also not rush the play testing phase. Take the time you need, get it right.

#1233 11 years ago

Navajas, I can at least tell you that the reticle with the letters was obtaining a Hunt.

KC did make somd good points and I did notice the absence of the rail uv lighting. Couldnt tell when the game was in Hunt mode. Maybe they just haven't been added to the new proto?

#1234 11 years ago

F'in funny video - love Skit-B's sense of humor. Sounds are freakin awesome, sometimes I forget how much that makes a game fun, definitely not going to be lacking on this pin. As for some of the criticism I've read on earlier posts, I will wait to post judgment until the game is more complete - I gotta feeling they put this together to help satiate some of us knuckleheads. As for game play and the right ramp, I played a number of games at the Chicago expo this year - the game has great flow and that right ramp wasn't any harder to hit than the one on T2 and I had no problem alternating those ramp shots to get the ball to a more strategic position... Looking forward to the next update and the final layout with artwork!

#1235 11 years ago

It is not clear from the update info,
"Brand new, properly formed ramps have been installed on this machine. While they are certainly not the final designs and the fact that they are not transparent is certainly not permanent, the shot placements and angles are."

>>> are black ramps in or out for the final game?

At expo, I thought I heard that the black ramps were just an experiment and would not be in the final production but it sounds like they are still being considered.

#1236 11 years ago

I believe "certainly not permanent" means that the ramps will NOT be black

#1237 11 years ago

Ok, it sounded to me like that meant they were up for discussion.
If so, I vote NO.

#1238 11 years ago

No way the ramps will be black. At least Skit-B made it clear to me at the expo that the black was just what their vendor had readily available for that prototype build. Transparent ramps will be required IMHO for the final build.

#1239 11 years ago

Ramps will be clear per Aaron at expo.

#1240 11 years ago

And to add, the intro to the end boss battle is so f'ing bad ass! Great work guys!!!

#1241 11 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Is there going to be a Video Mode?

Hell yeah, bring back the good ole video mode. Ala FT you could be a predator firing rockets at soldiers running across the jungle!

#1242 11 years ago

Maybe the 3 bumper caps need to be Red instead of green.

3 red lasers on the predators helmet making 3 red dots on the prey = 3 red caps!

-just sayin'

#1243 11 years ago

Loved the updated video!!
I agree that the lighting needs to be improved and that UV should really be apart of the game. I think that's what got so many peep so excited to begin with

Also, love the callouts and music but there seems to be some spots where audio transitions could be improved. Make it flow from one song to the next. There shouldn't be any blank or dead audio spots.

Also, before ball launch there's a somewhat annoying beeping sound. Could you possibly replace that beep with the predator's nuke bomb timer countdown sound?? You know the suspenseful countdown at the end of the movie? It gets quicker and more suspenseful!!! It might be cool to have that work in part with the multi ball modes too. Like when you start draining balls the count down gets more rapid and suspenseful lol. I think it'd be sick. But yeah. The normal beeping sound before ball launch needs to go with an actual movie sound.
More predator sounds too!! Growling, purring, whatever noise that is that we all love and recognize. I only heard it once. I want to hear it more!!!

The artwork and toys better be awesome too !!!
You're killin me guys.

#1244 11 years ago

The jungle is green, not red - feelin` alright with the green bumpers

#1245 11 years ago

That's what was missing also. Maybe its in the game though, that famous predator clicking sound. Is that in hunt mode?

#1246 11 years ago

Love the video guys!
Not gonna get too nit-picky with the details. I figure you've got enough awards on your mantle to know the difference between a machine that plays well and one that doesn't.

I did miss the UV hunt mode but I'me sure it hasn't gone anywhere
The only other comment (and I think someone else mentioned it to) is that I do miss the locked balls being fired directly into the middle of the pops. Not sure if this is still in the plans or if the ball guides just need a slightly tigther bend... but it would be a nice element to be able to keep.

Carry on

#1247 11 years ago

Awesome video! thanks

#1248 11 years ago

Super happy with what i see so far. I would love for you to replace the zip tie redemption feature with green predator blood for when you kill the damn thing...haha....

Very pleased with the audio on the whole. Seems to be a real adrenalin boosting set of sounds and callouts and i like that...a lot. In fact, i like the whole thing a lot more than i thought i would.

Of course i know your not going with the crappy black ramps and the UV lighting needs a little fine tuning there, but unless you end up painting the playfield bright pink with my little pony characters on the plastics, or use sharpies to colour the cab i'm still 100% all the way with this one.

Oh, it would also be nice to see whats on the dmd from time to time, but at the moment i cant tell if its arnie shooting the p*ss out of people or the contents of a prostitutes handbag. Either way, i'm still in. Y'know why?.....because my good old dad once told me "you dont look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire". He meant it as advice in regards to hooking up with ugly chicks with great bodies, but it just sprang to mind when watching some of the graphics on the dmd. (zero offence intended)

Anyway, in short, i love it and i'm busting a gut waiting for the day its all mine.

#1249 11 years ago

Fantastic video! This is everything I wanted to see. I love the audio and the speed of the game. It all looks great, but it still seems to be a long way from finished unless there is a more advanced prototype in the next room. A Jan/Feb production start seems like a push, even without rigorous play testing.

#1250 11 years ago

Masters of suspense...

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.