View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 143.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

for everyone who has ever called us out for using Comic Sans, yes, it was just a development phase, and we're getting past it.

I want an option to keep the comic sans in

#52 11 years ago

There is no Dutch animation, but it is not because of license issues. Think about it a little bit

I keep thinking about it, and still can't figure it out.

What obvious thing am I missing?

#53 11 years ago

There was a Blain animation, maybe it was obscured in the video. There is no Dutch animation (or Anna, for that matter), but it is not because of license issues. Think about it a little bit!

Ha!

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

I keep thinking about it, and still can't figure it out.
What obvious thing am I missing?

It's called Killing Spree folks. They don't get killed.

Come on!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hey, it occurs to me with you folks being in MI that if you wanted to tap a population right in your intended demographic with an absolute shitload of disposable income, and if you could overcome any hard feelings / team allegiances, you might want to hit up Clay Matthews with an email about the machine. I'd be amazed if he wouldn't want one, and word of cool toys spreads real f'ing fast through NFL players. I know you're close to sold out, but if you're planning machine #2 and it's similarly badassed in theme, you could do a lot worse for word of mouth than NFL locker rooms.
Just don't forget us, much, littler guys!

clay mathews? CLAY MATHEWS??? It's Michigan, not Wisconsin!

Get that Green Bay crap outta here!!

SUUUUHHH

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

SUUUUHHH

Did you miss the part of the post talking about overcoming that?

EDIT: Ha, and regardless, I didn't see a Lions jersey in that video. In any case, when Suh (rarely) gets a sack does he do the Predator roar? When other players went over to Matthews house, saw and played his Predator, I would bet good money there'd be quite a few pinball machines going to NFL towns. These guys are worse than any 10 families on the same block as the Jones' when it comes to cool toys.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Did you miss the part of the post talking about overcoming that?

Probably. I get blinded.

Anyway, Skit-B I'm not complaining, just asking, is there any way to change the contrast on some of the dmd shots or is it based off the brightness of the actual scenes in the movie?

It's just that I've noticed some scenes like Arnie with the binocs, and The Body with Ol' Painless look great on the DMD, while shots of Hawkins and Dillon, amongst others, during the mini wiz buildup are almost impossible to see.

Thanks,

#58 11 years ago

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Come on!

That's what I get for not watching the video yet.

I thought it was a blanket statement that there was NO dutch animation in the game AT ALL.

Whoops!!

Pete

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I second the motion!
I may have my Predator before anyone gets their WOZ

I am thinking the same thing! Woz#812 here but I am ok with the wait.....

#61 11 years ago

I did find the dmd videos hard to see, so I'm not sure what I missed. If Dutch is IN the game somewhere, I'm happy.

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I did find the dmd videos hard to see, so I'm not sure what I missed. If Dutch is IN the game somewhere, I'm happy.

They showed the shot of him with the binocs about 100 times in past videos. Plus I'm sure he's in Showdown mode.

Edit: Ok they show it twice. Maybe I just watched it 100 times. But it's the animation for "Tracking"

Edit again: They also have the shot of him jumping over a log when the nuke goes off

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've seen animations with Dutch. I might actually wish I'd seen the one with the binoculars a little less as it seems just a touch repetitive. I'm not worried as I think that might be the (or one of the) mode start animations and that's what they are often showing in the videos. Plus he's all over the voice work, calling you a son of a bitch, screaming "Mack!", and I'm sure, though I don't think we've got to hear it yet, telling you to get to the Choppaahhhh!, etc...

#64 11 years ago

robin said:

Also wondering, is there a Skit-B distributor in Europe?

Yes, but I can't think of the guy's name at the moment. I'll add it to the initial post in a bit.

Does this mean us, the european customers (Am I the only french ???) should proceed via this distributor ?

#65 11 years ago

Get yo ass to the Website and DONATE!

predator_choppa.gifpredator_choppa.gif

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I'm sure, though I don't think we've got to hear it yet, telling you to get to the Choppaahhhh!, etc...

4:21

#67 11 years ago

Man I wish I could see these videos at work. You people are killing me.

Donated.

#68 11 years ago

I have a few minor questions:

1) The inserts on the ramp and loop shots all pulse bottom to top, but the lights for the jungle hole go 4,3,1,2 or, red, orange, green, yellow. Is that on purpose or is there a swap under the table or something?

2) For the high score in your account stats is there a way to select it or something to see all the digits. I foresee the possibility of, "Hey I tied your score!", and, "Bullshit you tied my score, you had 2,850,155,420 and I had 2,858,974,420!"

3) Is the sort of hourglass wedge design of the plastics above the pops to slow down the feed to the rest of the table, or does something else happen up there?

EDIT: 4) I'm a little curious about that kickout on the right side. Could you talk about the design choice to put it there? Looks like you could get a lot of accidental hits. Is it mostly intended to be an exit only type of deal or is there a shot intended?

EDIT 2:

4:21
» YouTube video

Bong. Thanks man.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

kickout on the right side. Could you talk about the design choice to put it there? Looks like you could get a lot of accidental hits there. Is it mostly intended to be an exit only type of deal or is there a shot intended?

Yes they explained it briefly in the video and in past discussion. They will have a gate on there that will only allow for exits and not allowing accidental hits.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yes they explained it briefly in the video and in past discussion. They will have a gate on there that will only allow for exits and not allowing accidental hits.

Oh thanks. I missed that. Forgive the redundancy.

#71 11 years ago

I want to change my number. Can I change my number to this?

predbomb.jpgpredbomb.jpg

#72 11 years ago

#55 DONATED

#73 11 years ago

Wow. Holy Crap. Awesome. Skit-B is taking pinball to a new level. Your team is putting passion and substance back into an industry that has been missing it for a decade. I absolutely love the login feature and all the data tracking. How cool is that gonna be to be able to go back and individually see how you're doing? Comparing those values with my other pinhead friends?? Sweeeeeeeet.

I was glad to make a donation to you guys to keep things moving along.

#74 11 years ago

Yeah. I donated. A pittance comparatively, but I'm poor as hell and every spare penny I've got is going to the Predator fund.

#75 11 years ago

It's not the amount...it's the thought!

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Sounded like Benny Hill music.

Yes, you are right. I have to go find the Lorenzo Stomp.

Thanks for clarifying Mitch. Nothing worse than a deluded memory.

Dan

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Yes, you are right. I have to go find the Lorenzo Stomp.
Thanks for clarifying Mitch. Nothing worse than a deluded memory.
Dan

Yackety Sax existed before and after Benny Hill, but that is from where most people's association comes.

#78 11 years ago

Login systems and stat tracking and achievements all look very awesome, to me this looks much more promising than Jersey Jack. Damn, if just two dudes can decide to make a pinball machine, maybe anyone can.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Email Kevin and he will get back to you. Be patient though as he does get a lot of emails.

where do I email? I can't seem to find an email address...

Also, how much do I have to put down to get on a list?

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where do I email? I can't seem to find an email address...
Also, how much do I have to put down to get on a list?

No money down until your machine is up next to be built. Half then and half upon completion is the info we have so far on that.

Email: kevin@skitbpinball dot com

#81 11 years ago

It's very impressive what they have accomplished with the game rules and the layout. Each time we see videos it looks even better. The rules are very cool, the lighting shows great promise, the stat/user login is quite interesting. If I recall this is a PROC design, so it should be customizable to some extent by the user? Will users be able to create their own levels? That would be awesome! I have no doubt they will make an incredible game.

Has there been word on the manufacturing process? We did see updates on the component vendors, but who will make the cabs, assemble the units, program/test the games? 250 games will need a number of individuals to produce this product. Has there been mention of the "PC board in the head" design required for this?

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Yackety Sax existed before and after Benny Hill, but that is from where most people's association comes.

Thanks.

I did remember correctly. It was from Lorenzo. Here is a click, and the song comes up about two minutes in.

Man, there were some great cartoon afterschool progams in Philly.

Dan

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

No money down until your machine is up next to be built. Half then and half upon completion is the info we have so far on that.
Email: kevin@skitbpinball dot com

thanks. email sent

#84 11 years ago

This might have been asked a lot before but I've missed it....how/where can you pre order one of these predator pins?

#85 11 years ago

Is the pre-buy list closed? Is there a wait list?

I would like to join either list.

Thanks.

Marcus

#86 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Is the pre-buy list closed? Is there a wait list?

There will be no more than 250 machines produced, and yes, there are a small number of pre-orders still available

To be put on the list Email Kevin at address mentioned above.

#87 11 years ago

Found it

#88 11 years ago

pm sent for possible sign up, can you suit our power supply for Aus - 240v and 50 hz?

anyone else buying from Aus - maybe team together in relation to shipping?

this looks to be a awesome pin, great work guys

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I want an option to keep the comic sans in

What is this, I don't even...

Quoted from navajas:

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner (Aaron made me put that...)

SUUUUHHH

This is all I will say to people who know anything at all about the Detroit Lions:

Quoted from jlm33:

Does this mean us, the european customers (Am I the only french ???) should proceed via this distributor ?

Get ahold of me directly to make sure you get on the list.

Quoted from navajas:

1) The inserts on the ramp and loop shots all pulse bottom to top, but the lights for the jungle hole go 4,3,1,2 or, red, orange, green, yellow. Is that on purpose or is there a swap under the table or something?

How very attentive. We had actually forgotten about this until you just pointed it out, but early in development those lamps were in a different order. They were switched up in the hardware but I guess we never got around to switching them over in the software.

Quoted from navajas:

2) For the high score in your account stats is there a way to select it or something to see all the digits. I foresee the possibility of, "Hey I tied your score!", and, "Bullshit you tied my score, you had 2,850,155,420 and I had 2,858,974,420!"

I really doubt this would ever come up, but as you can tell from the video, the scores can become pretty tight. Hopefully in scores in those high amounts, those would be on the leaderboard, as well. More site testing should show if this becomes an issue or not.

Quoted from navajas:

3) Is the sort of hourglass wedge design of the plastics above the pops to slow down the feed to the rest of the table, or does something else happen up there?

It's to simulate the feeling of getting lost in the jungle for a few seconds, and to also limit the physical area in which the ball can get "trapped" in the pops area. If it was open at the top, you could imagine the ball would roll down, tag a single pop and jump up, then float again and again. Not very exciting.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall this is a PROC design, so it should be customizable to some extent by the user? Will users be able to create their own levels?

This is something that I have an extremely hard time talking about, just because I have to watch what I say about it. It would be irresponsible if I were to just go and tell people that they can mess around with the code that controls extremely high voltages that are not only dangerous to people who are near it, but can certainly blow up their circuit boards and even start fires as well if an integer is entered in the wrong place or order or some other little thing. Then again, I would be lying if I said it couldn't be done. Does this help you guys out without making me outright say anything concrete?

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Has there been word on the manufacturing process? We did see updates on the component vendors, but who will make the cabs, assemble the units, program/test the games? 250 games will need a number of individuals to produce this product. Has there been mention of the "PC board in the head" design required for this?

Cabinets are being made by a local builder here in Mid-Michigan who is more than capable and has been woodworking for decades.

Assembly will be overseen by yours truly and Aaron ourselves, along with a couple other people we have in mind for the assembly process. Testing is the fun part, so we won't miss out on that, either

Lastly, there are a number of potential hardware choices for the computer that will control the unit, but I can tell you that whatever it is will be confined within the machine itself and you won't notice it is PC controlled when you power it on or play it.

#90 11 years ago

Donated. Didn't know we could help out.

Dan

#91 11 years ago

Puuuuure Michigan

#92 11 years ago

This is all I will say to people who know anything at all about the Detroit Lions:
» YouTube video

Ha. Right, I got it. Hahaha. Yes, you guys like your Lions. All I'm saying here dude, and dude, this is all I'm saying, you're making a game called Predator, based on the movie called Predator, and this guy, right next door, is known as "the predator", and he does a predator happy dance on national TV at least once a week (since the f-ing Packers are ALWAYS televised regardless of market), he's one of the cherry picked media sensations, he's loaded with cash and hangs out almost exclusively with other man children who are also loaded with cash. I could think of worse ways to try and ignite a pinball Renaissance (like, oh, I don't know welding your hopes to a license for a musical that... wait, nevermind) than Rachel Nichols doing a human interest piece / walkthrough of Matthews' house, and having him point out his SkitB pinball machine in "his" likeness.

Know what I mean? Fan boys see that and POW, instant pinball interest. Hell, this thing's going to cost about the same as a season ticket these days anyway!

But, OK, OK, I'll let it drop.

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

#93 11 years ago

Cannot wait for this! I must say bravo guys @ the current 5k price tag this game is possibly the best value pin in years! I don't think people compliment and commend you guys enough for cramming so much hardware, code and love into the game at its price tag. My pin fun is ready for a new pin, sterns avengers? Nope! Predator #5 yep!!

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I second the motion!I may have my Predator before anyone gets their WOZ

That would be cool
It would be nice to get mine for xmas too.

#95 11 years ago

Any chance there will be specifc shot and/or mode champion awards that will be displayed during attract mode? And thanks for the video update.

#96 11 years ago

Donated to the cause

#97 11 years ago

Thanks to all who Donated! Let's send these guys off to the Show in Style!

Pred_Jung_02.gifPred_Jung_02.gif

#98 11 years ago

Wow, this thing looks nice. Good job so far.

#99 11 years ago

Lol navajas. I see what you're doing. The game will be spoken for very soon and what better way to drive that resale price up. Ehhhhh? Ehhhhhhhhh?

#100 11 years ago

Ha. Right, I got it. Hahaha. Yes, you guys like your Lions. All I'm saying here dude, and dude, this is all I'm saying, you're making a game called Predator, based on the movie called Predator, and this guy, right next door, is known as "the Predator", and he does a Predator happy dance on national TV at least once a week (since the f-ing Packers are ALWAYS televised regardless of market), he's one of the cherry picked media sensations, he's loaded with cash and hangs out almost exclusively with other man children who are also loaded with cash. I could think of worse ways to try and ignite a pinball Renaissance (like, oh, I don't know welding your hopes to a license for a musical that... wait, nevermind) than Rachel Nichols doing a human interest piece / walkthrough of Matthews' house, and having him point out his SkitB pinball machine in "his" likeness.
Know what I mean? Fan boys see that and POW, instant pinball interest. Hell, this thing's going to cost about the same as a season ticket these days anyway!
But, OK, OK, I'll let it drop.

is this the guy you are talking about

bitch-im-fabulous-green-bay-240x180.jpgbitch-im-fabulous-green-bay-240x180.jpg

Post edited by absocountry2 : Profanity edited

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.