View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 143.
#701 11 years ago
Quoted from sylvan_glade:

if it was up to me,top 5 wishes
1.High Plains Drifter or the Good,Bad,the Ugly. Westerns severely underserved( include a gun battle that,if lost, drains your ball)
2.Matrix
3.Punisher
4.a haunted house
5.the Godfather

I second the first three with GB&U dropping to 3 and Matrix dropping.to 2.

A pin based on Garth Ennis' Punisher is a cream dream. Almost as much as Prexator

#702 11 years ago

Any word yet if you guys are bringing Predator to SPF? It'd be awesome to see in person, but I'm sure it would mean less time that could actually be spent on finishing it.

#703 11 years ago

I am intrigued by this single board PC/SSD mounted in the head that you'll be using. Got a link to something similar that can drive the P-ROC? I assume you will also have a little audio amp driving the speakers?

#705 11 years ago

High Plains Drifter would be pretty sweet. If you did RGB LEDs you could turn the whole table red.

#706 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

They could even make it kid friendly.

All I could think of when I saw this picture was, "8 year-olds, Dude..."

Quoted from flashburn:

they have to negotiate the rights with all parties involved and pay each rights owner.

This.

Quoted from Redketchup:

Thank's from one of the guy in the allentown hotel room!

This sounds a bit scandalous, doesn't it?

Quoted from playboywillis:

A pin based on Garth Ennis' Punisher is a cream dream.

Was that the one with Thomas Jane? That's the good one, in my mind.

Quoted from flashburn:

Any word yet if you guys are bringing Predator to SPF?

It would be difficult but not necessarily impossible. Send me some info on the show, plz

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am intrigued by this single board PC/SSD mounted in the head that you'll be using. Got a link to something similar that can drive the P-ROC?

That depends on what you're doing with your pin. If you plan on running PinMame to keep your stock rules available, then you're going to need a fairly strong PC to drive it. If you're planning on simply running your own software all the time, it doesn't take much to run a P-ROC at all. For something off-the-shelf, you can use a BeagleBoard. From the talks I've had with a few P-Roc'ers, the Raspberry Pi doesn't quite make the cut, though, unfortunately.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I assume you will also have a little audio amp driving the speakers?

Yeah. The one we're leaning towards right now is honestly way overpowered for a pinball environment, but it is really affordable and easy to work with.

Quoted from navajas:

High Plains Drifter would be pretty sweet.

You guys have made it pretty apparent that I need to watch more movies...

#707 11 years ago

And on the subject of the Punisher, anyone who hasn't seen the video "Dirty Laundry" should definitely check it out. Nasty and violent, so kinda NSFW, but this is exactly what I think of when I think of the Punisher.

#708 11 years ago

Tom Jane was a pretty awesome Punisher.

#709 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Tom Jane was a pretty awesome Punisher

Thomas Jane is the ONLY Punisher.
SkitB could bring this to life. Please!!!!

#710 11 years ago

Lebowski or Futurama and I am in NOW!

#711 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

And on the subject of the Punisher, anyone who hasn't seen the video "Dirty Laundry" should definitely check it out. Nasty and violent, so kinda NSFW, but this is exactly what I think of when I think of the Punisher.
» YouTube video

Dirty Laundry was awesome.

Thomas Jane was a good Punisher, but the whole "I'm more than half dead, drink a bottle of Wild Turkey and 5 seconds later I'm fine" kinda lost me.

No, Garth Ennis wrote Punisher Max for a few years. Probably one of the best and definitely the coolest thing I've ever read. Walking Dead has nothing on it.

Google that shit people!

#712 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lebowski or Futurama and I am in NOW!

That's two Walk Off Home-Runs right there!!

#713 11 years ago

Tilt warning- Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!
- Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules!
- Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to face the fact you're a
goddamn moron.

Its almost an endless audio bite library!

#714 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Tilt warning- Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!

Lebowski would have to come with drink holders standard.

#715 11 years ago

Mini PF bowling lane would be sweeeet.

#716 11 years ago

Futurama would look so good sandwiched between the two Simpsons pins. Also the Bender and Zoidberg call outs...

The Good the Bad and the Ugly just for the soundtrack. Insert the first coin: Ay-ya-ya. Second coin: Wha-wha-whaaaah!

Couldn't go more than a three ball multiball though. Wizard Mode with No Name.

#717 11 years ago

I love the dude, but

Lebowski over pulp fiction. No way. Pulp wins in every department.

#718 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

I love the dude, but

Your_Opinion.jpgYour_Opinion.jpg

#719 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

I love the dude, but

You must live on Radford, near the In-N-Out Burger.

#721 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

I love the dude, but

Except humor, dialog, music, script, acting, art, callout pool, demographics, mode choices, art packages, etc... I know I'm missing something.

Pulp Fiction does have Eric Stoltz though.

#722 11 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

. I know I'm missing something.

Correct.

#723 11 years ago

Pulp Fiction would have modes, motorcycles, Misserlou and Samuel L. Jackson.

"Say 'what' again, I dare you!" as the ball bounces in the Bad Mother bumpers.

$5 says Quentin would finance the thing. He's a pinhead for sure.

#724 11 years ago

Again, I'm not saying Pulp Fiction wouldn't be a good pin, nor am I saying it's a bad movie, but, Lebowski is not only probably the most perfect/easiest movie to pin port ever, but also one of the best movies of all time.

It does have less rape though. :-/

#725 11 years ago

I dont get it what is so good on lebowski. Mediocre movie at max.

Over de top american humor, aint even funny 99 out of 100 jokes.

#726 11 years ago

The gimp can come out of his box and grab the ball ala TAF style!

Gimp multiball where a red ceramic pingpong ball comes out and you have to get it into its mouth ala TZ and RSVP.

Dude it would be the best.

#727 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I dont get it what is so good on lebowski. Mediocre movie at max.

Over de top american humor, aint even funny 99 out of 100 jokes.

Shut the f^(k up, Donnie

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Edited Profanity.

#728 11 years ago

I'll just leave this here...

DSC06642.JPGDSC06642.JPG

#729 11 years ago

^lookin siiiiiick!

How much of that is going to be covered by the flipper bats and slings? Looks like it would be a great place to make sling covers that mimic the armor (specifically the bicep aror plate)' giving it a 3d type of look extending past the PF and giving it depth.

#730 11 years ago

nice !!

#731 11 years ago

loookin' good...more more.

#732 11 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

loookin' good...more more.

yup yup!

#733 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

How much of that is going to be covered by the flipper bats and slings?

If the red target is the "shoot again" insert, looks like the flippers will be right under his chin and the slings right on the top of his helmet. Look close and you can see the oblong hole for the kicker arm and the inlane/outlane switch holes just above the head.

#734 11 years ago

2 moar from fb

predator1.jpgpredator1.jpg predator2.jpgpredator2.jpg

#735 11 years ago

No billy and poncho?!

#736 11 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

No billy and poncho?!

I believe its been posted earlier in this thread that these guys are going to be included for sure.

#737 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I believe its been posted earlier in this thread that these guys are going to be included for sure.

Yeah I know just couldn't see them on any of the sketches. I hate and love suspense!

#738 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I'll just leave this here...

Just beautiful artwork. I can't wait to see this in full color playing in my game room. Funds are almost fully gathered, $800 left to save and it's a lock. Keep up the great work there skit-b

#739 11 years ago

As our waitlist continues to fill up, we are starting to see the need to request a small holding deposit. Production will be starting once the artwork/toys are finished/approved and our testing here is done, so we are certainly going to need to know who is for real on this project to move forward. As we've all speculated, I'm sure a decent handful of people will be bailing on the project once any sort of money is involved, which would make room for the latecomers who are being added to the waitlist. PLEASE do not send us anything right now, as we are still working out all of the finer points of this idea, but just to keep everyone up to date, I think it's a good thing to share something like this as early as possible. As I said earlier, the deposit value will be very small in comparison to the final cost of the game. We are currently leaning towards somewhere in the 5% range, of which will obviously go towards the game in the end.

Please let us know what you all honestly think.

#740 11 years ago

No problem doing this at all. Especially if its fully refundable. #179

#741 11 years ago

Since you are not selling machines thru a distributor network, a deposit to lock in serious buyers is a must IMO. You should also consider a monthly email update to keep us up to speed on production. I still like the updates via pinside, but at some point the project should move towards more of a direct flow of information to the owners.

#743 11 years ago

5% is a drop in the bucket with all things considered regarding the final price, so I'm definitely cool with it!

But once you get my monies I ask, no require, constant updates with pics/videos

#744 11 years ago

you going all Jpop on us?

j/k

#745 11 years ago

No problem and I think it is a GOOD idea, but be forewarned that some may expect more input/ updates once $ are involved. Some may also start looking for more hard deadlines which as we have seen in other situations may not be a good thing...

I hope nothing changes by way of input/ updates, as I like the process somewhat organic like it has been.

#746 11 years ago

Money is in hand, let me know when to send it. Thanks for the update

#747 11 years ago

I Agree once money is involved deadlines and updates would be anticipated.

#748 11 years ago

I'm assuming because of this update you have high expectations of a full completed machine pretty soon? Or am I reading too much into it?

#749 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

You should also consider a monthly email update to keep us up to speed on production.

This is a definite. We are just waiting on one or two more people to get back to me with a touch of updated information for the mailing list to be complete and ready to go.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Some may also start looking for more hard deadlines

This is something to be aware of, for sure. It's been nice hanging out on here just sharing my thoughts openly about optimal deadlines and price points and such, but now we are working on something a little more concrete. Price point has not changed, and production is still in line for the very near future; I can tell you all that as friends/fellow pinheads, but we are aware that we need some concrete numbers and we're working towards them everyday.

#750 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I'm assuming because of this update you have high expectations of a full completed machine pretty soon? Or am I reading too much into it?

That wouldn't be reading TOO much into it...

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.