View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 143.
#651 11 years ago

Note to self. Google woman eating banana immediately.

#653 11 years ago

C'mon dude, stand your ground. When it's finally done, all these guys will be falling over each other just to play it!

#654 11 years ago

Has the hardware that drives the P-ROC been decided yet for Predator?

Will there be a cpu, power supply, hard drive in the head or is there something new like a single board computer and P-ROC?

#655 11 years ago

Hey guys. Can you do a pulp fiction pin next!

#656 11 years ago

What's the deadline time area looking like? I know there was talk of December. Didn't believe that for a second! :p

#657 11 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

What's the deadline time area looking like? I know there was talk of December. Didn't believe that for a second! :p

Deadline is asking to much i think. December seems like a pipe dream.

I would settle for a list that shows the order of machines to be built though now that preorders are finished

#658 11 years ago

Yep. Better question. What he asked!

#659 11 years ago

I heard they're starting with 77 and going in a random order from there :p

#660 11 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Deadline is asking to much i think. December seems like a pipe dream.
I would settle for a list that shows the order of machines to be built though now that preorders are finished

Who cares when it is next Xmas for all I care aslong as the guys deliver a quality fun game packed with features, great rules/software and worthy of the predator licence they can take as long as they need in my book.

#661 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Who cares when it is next Xmas for all I care aslong as the guys deliver a quality fun game packed with features, great rules/software and worthy of the Predator licence they can take as long as they need in my book.

The smaller the business venture the greater the risk of completion the longer it takes. The proverbial "hit-by-the-bus".

#662 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Will there be a cpu, power supply, hard drive in the head or is there something new like a single board computer and P-ROC?

Single board computer with SD storage (no hard drive). Anything with moving parts is bad in the computer-world, if you ask me.

Quoted from underlord:

I know there was talk of December. Didn't believe that for a second! :p

Yeah, we're not gonna hit Christmas, that's pretty obvious now. It gave us something to shoot for, but we need time for the artists--for both playfield and toys--to get it done right.

Quoted from shootar:

Can you do a pulp fiction pin next!

We were joking the other night about putting out a poll to decide our next license. I think the Big Lebowski would overtake Pulp Fiction by a lot, though

Quoted from shootar:

I heard they're starting with 77 and going in a random order from there :p

This is confidential information. We told you not to tell anybody!

#663 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We were joking the other night about putting out a poll to decide our next license. I think the Big Lebowski would overtake Pulp Fiction by a lot, though

Don't tease me like that, man.

Actually, wait, tease me more.

#664 11 years ago

Maybe we can start a poll to see if SkitB should do a poll to decide the next game

I vote yes on the poll...

#665 11 years ago

Come on guys ...an Elvira game should be next.
...Elvira & The Space Monsters

#666 11 years ago

Can you please not cheap out in the audio department? It's really annoying that not only does Stern provide crappy speakers, they sample all the audio at horrible rates, so it doesn't even matter if you get better speakers.

#667 11 years ago

Kevin, I sent you a private email several days ago. When you find time please respond.
Thanks,

Kim

#668 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...Elvira & The Space Monsters

Please Christ on a cracker no more Elvira games. I love ya dude, but come on.

#669 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote yes on the poll...

I vote no on anything that makes us do more work

Quoted from spfxted:

I never really "got" the whole Elvira thing...

Quoted from flashburn:

they sample all the audio at horrible rates, so it doesn't even matter if you get better speakers.

I'll have to ask the audio guy what all of the sample rates are, but they sound fine to me (but I'm admittedly not much of an audio person). The speaker systems we have are pretty awesome, though, I know that.

Quoted from Mr68:

Kevin, I sent you a private email several days ago.

I'll be getting to these shortly.

Quoted from navajas:

Christ on a cracker

A Jeez-it?

#670 11 years ago

I never really "got" the whole Elvira thing...

That's a bummer. It could be one of the most versatile themes around. A horror/comedy/sex theme (which is exactly what Elvira is about) would sell like hotcakes in the pinball world (IMHO).

#671 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That's a bummer. It could be one of the most versatile themes around. A horror/comedy/sex theme (which is exactly what Elvira is about) would sell like hotcakes in the pinball world (IMHO).

Not in this millennia....

#672 11 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I think they would sell 50 the first day.

#673 11 years ago

I think the Big Lebowski would overtake Pulp Fiction by a lot, though

Don't even joke. I'd have to start a whole new pin-fund right this second!!

#674 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Don't even joke. I'd have to start a whole new pin-fund right this second!!

I know. Exactly.

I've been telling everyone I know that Predator is my one and only, ever. SkitB drops the Dude on me and I'm toast.

#675 11 years ago

We talked with them at expo for a while about this. LOT of great ideas for a Dude pin. One thing for sure, a big carpet right in the middle of the playfield.

#676 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

We talked with them at expo for a while about this. LOT of great ideas for a Dude pin. One thing for sure, a big carpet right in the middle of the playfield.

Yup!
I posted the exact same idea on a different "what's your ideal theme" thread.
I sorta figured it could work a lot like the door on TZ... but a whole lot cooler.

Gotta have a bowling lane ala Flinstones or some sort of bowling ball return.

#677 11 years ago

Wait. So. Come on, seriously. Is this just like goofing around or is there more than a 5% chance this could be in the future.

You're killing me.

#678 11 years ago

The Big Lebowski "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#679 11 years ago

I'll have to ask the audio guy what all of the sample rates are, but they sound fine to me (but I'm admittedly not much of an audio person). The speaker systems we have are pretty awesome, though, I know that.

That's great to hear! I'm seriously pumped for this pin. So glad I jumped on the list in time. Definitely a good idea to check on the sample rates, it annoys me so much that Stern had to bump down the quality for LOTR in order to fit all the clips in it (unless you have an LE).

#680 11 years ago

Oh, and add me to the pre-order list for The Big Lebowski pin. That would be amazing.

#681 11 years ago

Already 2 pins with Jeff Bridges(Tron&IM). Is this suppose to be the trifecta?

#682 11 years ago

Add me to the LE list if it gets Bob Dylan on the soundtrack. Actually, I'm just going to go play around of pinball with the sound off and Man in Me on repeat.

#683 11 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

One thing for sure, a big carpet right in the middle of the playfield.

Would really tie the game together.

Quoted from dasmb:

Actually, I'm just going to go play around of pinball with the sound off and Man in Me on repeat.

Next round: Kenny Rogers.

#684 11 years ago

They could even make it kid friendly.

muppetDude.jpgmuppetDude.jpg

#685 11 years ago

Wait... Does this mean now I need to watch Big Lebowski too?
(I know, I know. I would lose my man card if I had one.)

#686 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Donny you're out of your element.

#687 11 years ago

Do me a favor and make like 3000 of the next one so my broke ass can find one on route.

#688 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

After posting "blonde eats banana" your honorary man card is well safe
Now go watch the movie!

#689 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The Big Lebowski "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine"

Well saind man. I'd be right there along side you with a White Russian in hand to celebrate.

Quoted from blondetall:

Yes it does have a few drinks and enjoy the ride such a hilarious movie!

#690 11 years ago

Would really tie the game together.

Knock it off it you're not serious! I know you haven't said anything, but they way you're not saying anything is a lot like the signals I was getting that night in my car after tolo.

#691 11 years ago

No pleaase, no Big Lebowski pin... Would love it so much but won't be able to pay to for it... unless it is scheduled for 2015.

#692 11 years ago

Just found a "problem" with a Lebowski pin.... it has no original sound track, it is cobbled together from commercial music. Each of those would need a separate license.

A Lebowski pin missing the music would not feel right. You definitely need stuff like:

Man in Me

Hotel California (Gispy Kings)

... well, and a bunch more:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000001EYO/

This might make this pin impossible to produce at a cost that could make sense.

#693 11 years ago

Not really a problem. Universal owns the rights and authorized the release of the " soundtrack " to Mercury. If someone obtained the rights to the film it would include the 14 tracks that were released as an independent soundtrack. CCR might be a sticking point because their track was omitted from the soundtrack release.

#694 11 years ago

Well, what I'm going off is Tron has only 3 songs from the movie. This was done because of money/license issues. David Thiel said the music was a separate deal. So... I dunno?

#695 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not really a problem. Universal owns the rights and authorized the release of the " soundtrack " to Mercury. If someone obtained the rights to the film it would include the 14 tracks that were released as an independent soundtrack. CCR might be a sticking point because their track was omitted from the soundtrack release.

I don't think that's true at all. They authorized the rights to be in the movie and the soundtrack, but not in a pinball machine. They have to negotiate the rights for each product usually. It's the same reason Farsight has issues with licensed pin's, they have to negotiate the rights with all parties involved and pay each rights owner.

#696 11 years ago

if it was up to me,top 5 wishes

1.High Plains Drifter or the Good,Bad,the Ugly. Westerns severely underserved( include a gun battle that,if lost, drains your ball)
2.Matrix
3.Punisher
4.a haunted house
5.the Godfather

#697 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I don't think that's true at all. They authorized the rights to be in the movie and the soundtrack, but not in a pinball machine. They have to negotiate the rights for each product usually. It's the same reason Farsight has issues with licensed pin's, they have to negotiate the rights with all parties involved and pay each rights owner.

Most likely this is the reason CCR is missing from the soundtrack. No permission given. If separate negotiations are required for music, I think 3 songs would be the minimum required for a good pinball experience.

#698 11 years ago

Used correctly, I think 3 songs would be good enough too. Probably should just use clips of the songs for certain parts of the game, instead of playing them all the way through, that way they don't get repetitive.

#699 11 years ago

We're all getting ahead of ourselves. I don't know if TBL is a pipe dream or what. .

I'd be a buyer though.

#700 11 years ago

It's pretty cool to have kevin more active to this thread!

Thank's from one of the guy in the allentown hotel room!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.