View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 143.
#6901 10 years ago

It was apparently much easier than even they expected. As Ted taught me, "Sometimes all it takes is a phone call." Plus remember, it's 250 units, it's not like SkitB can go out and print up Predator lunch boxes, tennis shoes and swim suits.

Licensing is not the hold up.

#6902 10 years ago

Maybe they are just busy? I haven't installed my PoTD from Hemi that I received almost a month ago…..
OR
Maybe they are just having too much fun playing it themselves!

#6903 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

It was apparently much easier than even they expected. As Ted taught me, "Sometimes all it takes is a phone call." Plus remember, it's 250 units, it's not like SkitB can go out and print up Predator lunch boxes, tennis shoes and swim suits.
Licensing is not the hold up.

So why zero mention of it on the website? Like…any acknowledgement of its existence? Seems odd.

#6904 10 years ago

People that can build awsome pinballmachines just cant communicate like normal persons.

It is unbelievable. Do these guys know what for shit game makers get when they act like they do now?

Tons of shit, for 50 euro costing games........

These pins costs thousands of dollars, its just a big shame the producers, all of them, act as if their costumers spend a few spare coins because we like them so much.

Wake up !

#6905 10 years ago

Predator Pinball is already out there, its just practically invisible.

#6906 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Holy hell - what if that is the case!? What then? Ship in secret and everyone promises to never speak of it or show pics or video? Heh.

Problem solved!

Raven.jpgRaven.jpg
#6907 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

People that can build awsome pinballmachines just cant communicate like normal persons.
It is unbelievable. Do these guys know what for shit game makers get when they act like they do now?
These pins costs thousands of dollars, its just a big shame the producers, all of them, act as if their costumers spend a few spare coins because we like them so much.
Wake up !

Flag me, ban me, warn me, edit me, I don't care. But dude, STUFF IT! These guys have communicated more than any other pin builders. They could be more consistent with their communication, there's always room to improve, but to lump them in with Stern's radio blackout and JJP's overload of unrealized bullshit, is erroneous at best.

$250. Two hundred and fifty bucks. That's the only mandate from these guys. Even I can afford that as speculation. Anything else has been paid by people of their own free will. I think they're crazy ass for paying more than asked, but whatever, that's their call. (And they undoubtedly have more money than I!)

Unless game play totally blows me away, I'm unfortunately walking away. That feeling sucks, but it'll have nothing to do with whether or not I got to see a video in a certain time frame, it'll have to do with the end product. Unless I'm mistaken, you're not even on the list, so your opinion in this matter means even less than zero. Less than crap. Why don't you go bark up the Dutch Pinball thread, yapping about how no one in Netherlands has ever heard of Big Lebowski and leave this one alone? You're out of your element. (Whatever in the hell that element may be.)

EDIT:

Quoted from Rarehero:

So why zero mention of it on the website? Like…any acknowledgement of its existence? Seems odd.

The reality, perceived weirdness, ramifications, (in)advisability, were all discussed pages ago. SkitB even addressed them. For what it's worth, I think it was a poor call, but whatever.

#6908 10 years ago

Arnold does Darth...

#6909 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Though, I have always wondered how SkitB got complete rights to the IP from the movie. When I read about the horror stories from the B/W days regarding actors signing off on their likenesses and voices, or use of music from a movie, etc.,

not all licenses are created equal. I doubt there is a ton of demand for predator licenses, so the license holder/marketer I'm sure is happy to get money on it. Over time the studios have gotten a lot smarter in locking in the use of likeness and sound quotes from the film for a variety of purposes. Music used in movies is often a different thing, since the movie is licensing it, they are not acquiring a license that they can then in turn license out. Will be interesting to see who the Lebowski guys deal with the music, which is certainly key in setting the tone of some scenes in the movie.

I remember hearing about the movie Big, where they were able to use 'happy birthday to you' for the movie, but not for the DVD, and created their own song for the DVD (so they knew when making the film). Recently 'happy birthday to you' has come under lawsuits as to whether the copyright is even valid on it http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2013/06/13/a-bitter-dispute-over-happy-birthday-to-you/

#6910 10 years ago

9 downvotes, all from ignored goonies, LMAO.

Whole forum is floaded with beggers for code, but on noooo, when someone says something about it, he gets nailed down.

pathetic!

The downvoters must be very happy with all the crystalclear communication the fans/costumers get.

#6912 10 years ago

(...)
The downvoters must be very happy with all the crystalclear communication the fans/costumers get.

Well you did not get a thumb down from me but that was close...
Sure, Skit-B communication is not "crystal-clear". But it is not a disaster either. It's rather erratic. For some time feedback is frequent, at other times non existent. see comment from Navajas below.
It probably means that the Skit-B team, in contrast to us, has a life besides pinside

Quoted from navajas:

Flag me, ban me, warn me, edit me, I don't care. But dude, STUFF IT! These guys have communicated more than any other pin builders. They could be more consistent with their communication, there's always room to improve, but to lump them in with Stern's radio blackout and JJP's overload of unrealized bullshit, is erroneous at best

Navajas, you are my pal !!

Hope you will stay on board. Currently struggling to find the $$ for Predator too...

#6913 10 years ago

Skit-B is a small independent team, putting together their first major release at cost. As with all small teams, Kevin is being asked to wear multiple hats. Programmer, co-designer, contractor wrangler, licensee handling, QA, AND PR/Marketing (AKA talking to us). That's just the few things I know he is responsible for. For all I know, there is more on his plate.

When he goes silent, I am very sure there is a good reason for it (like...oh...making Predator? ;P).

#6914 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Navajas, you are my pal !!

Hope you will stay on board. Currently struggling to find the $$ for Predator too...

You know me bud, I've always been a bit of a Francophile.

#6915 10 years ago

I was unaware that Mikey, Mouth, Data, Brand, Chunk, Andy, Stef and Sloth were members on Pinside. I'm also unsure of who this 9th Goonie is.

goonies-the-goonies-32874197-933-719.jpggoonies-the-goonies-32874197-933-719.jpg

#6916 10 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I'm also unsure of who this 9th Goonie is.

Chester Copperpot.

#6917 10 years ago
Quoted from Wahchintonka:

I'm also unsure of who this 9th Goonie is.

YOU ARE! IN THE NEW GAME FROM SKIT-B!

#6919 10 years ago

Which moderator gave me a warning for nothing? Without any reason?

What a sad state this forum is nowadays.

PFFFFF

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#6921 10 years ago

PFFFFF

I like the thumbs down spree you went on. Nothing says "I'm a reasonable person who wants a grown up discussion about this" like giving most everyone a thumbs down.

Wake up !

You really have no idea how the video game market works. My wife may have me beat in pinball knowledge, but you have stepped into my arena now. Developers release info on their schedule, when they want to and when they feel it benefits them. Most do not take input from their customers while creating their product, and the few that do the input is only for the sequel of the game the complaints where made about. Developers even tend to put a embargo on reviews dictating when the reviews can be released. They have no qualms about showing a game running on a high end PC while trying to deceive us that it was from the console version.

If you have a serious concern that actually has some rationale behind it, then we can discus it, but no one here is going to take you seriously if all you are going to do is whine because Skit-B is not doing everything exactly the way you want them. Oh, and if don't like the forum or how it is run, you don't have to be here.

#6922 10 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

Misschien is het omdat je handelt als een ezel. Lighten up een beetje.

Haha, ik scheld niemand uit. En gebruik fatsoenlijke taal, en ik krijg een waarschuwing. Zonder enige uitleg. (Ik heb geen enkel idee waar die waarschuwing voor is. Ik neem aan dat je best een mening mag hebben die haaks staat op de algemene mening geventileerd in dit topic. Als ik me misdragen heb, dan zou een waarschuwing wel terecht zijn mijns inziens. Dat is echter helemaal niet het geval. Als ik het mis heb, mag je me citeren. Als je bv iemand een ezel noemt....)

En al die haatpostings en uitschelden, wat jij nu ook weer doet. Dat mag weer wel. Lekke ouwehoeren over flipperen. Je wordt langs alle kanten aangevallen door zielige figuren.

Wat een rare community, als je zegt dat de communicatie matig is, dan mag niet. Maar doodsbedreigingen, uitschelden, continu zuigen van andere leden.... Allemaal wel getolereerd.

Matigjes hoor.

Jammer.

#6923 10 years ago

PFFFFF

I'm not sure which moderator gave you a ban vote but given your history I can see that there probably was a good enough reason. Please don't troll this thread or try to turn it into a moderator bashing as that will result in another vote.

#6924 10 years ago

My history???

Come on...... What history? Look at my posts and i never hate, or call names. Just untrue.

Ah well.... You just want to make a fight. Look for someone else.since i only said i did not like the movie big lebowski, you are hunting me in every topic downvoating me.

Its a shame you are a moderator, seen your history on this forum.

Have fun.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Attacking staff is not welcome on Pinside please do not do this in the future. When asked to stop something by the staff just stop.

#6925 10 years ago

Here is the translation of his post!

Haha, I cuss anyone out. And use decent language, and I get a warning. Without any explanation. (I have no idea where that warning is for. I assume that your best may have that is at odds with the general view ventilated in this topic. An opinion if I misbehaved, then a warning would be justified in my opinion. but that's not the case. If I'm wrong, you can quote me. example if you call someone an ass ....)

And all that hate and revile postings, what you do now. That would be correct. Leaking bullshitting about pinball. You will be attacked from all sides by wretches.

What a strange community, if you say that communication is poor, then it may not. But death threats, abuse, continuous suction of other members .... All tolerated.

So-so though.

#6928 10 years ago

Haha, ik scheld niemand uit. En gebruik fatsoenlijke taal, en ik krijg een waarschuwing. Zonder enige uitleg. (Ik heb geen enkel idee waar die waarschuwing voor is. Ik neem aan dat je best een mening mag hebben die haaks staat op de algemene mening geventileerd in dit topic. Als ik me misdragen heb, dan zou een waarschuwing wel terecht zijn mijns inziens. Dat is echter helemaal niet het geval. Als ik het mis heb, mag je me citeren. Als je bv iemand een ezel noemt....)
En al die haatpostings en uitschelden, wat jij nu ook weer doet. Dat mag weer wel. Lekke ouwehoeren over flipperen. Je wordt langs alle kanten aangevallen door zielige figuren.
Wat een rare community, als je zegt dat de communicatie matig is, dan mag niet. Maar doodsbedreigingen, uitschelden, continu zuigen van andere leden.... Allemaal wel getolereerd.
Matigjes hoor.
Jammer.

Gesundheit

#6929 10 years ago

anybody have a good "thread derailed" gif?

#6930 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

anybody have a good "thread derailed" gif?

459.gif459.gif

Edit: I actually think this one is more relevant to this thread

13294213770851.png13294213770851.png

#6931 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

continuous suction of other members .... .

What's going on in here, now?

#6932 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What's going on in here, now?

#6933 10 years ago

Well I guess now is as good a time as any to make a new new Predator thread, hopefully Kevin will come along shortly and release some video and pics in a new thread.

#6934 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well I guess now is as good a time as any to make a new new Predator thread, hopefully Kevin will come along shortly and release some video and pics in a new thread.

Heck, this thread has gone off topic and then back on topic so many times I'm kind of hoping Kevin et al keep the thread going. It will eventually pass the XMen thread. I think it has now passed the TF to Robin thread in length meaning it only has the XMen hype thread started by pmWolf to beat now.

#6935 10 years ago

Me thinks there's trouble in Predator-town since we lost contact with Kevin, I'm thinking Woz like slip.

But may be for the best as long as we get a decent game in the end.

#6936 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me thinks there's trouble in Predator-town since we lost contact with Kevin

I just got an email from Kevin. He said to meet him in Mexico and he would explain the rest later....

#6937 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just got an email from Kevin. He said to meet him in Mexico and he would explain the rest later....

I got the same email! Cerveza por favor?

#6938 10 years ago

Hey, since we're OT, check this out:

http://gph.is/18bKQeJ

Someone teach me how to embed a GIF.

#6939 10 years ago

still going to be in the top 40 in 2015

#6940 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey, since we're OT, check this out:

You're a sick pup!

#6941 10 years ago

I did a quick search for Predator GIFs and that's what popped up. Very creepy.

#6942 10 years ago

I think everything is fine (though i have no idea), its not like we've never had this much radio silence before, and honestly once Kevin mentioned April, it put me at ease a bit and i find myself on pinside a lot less. I wouldnt be surprised if we didnt hear anything until a few weeks before the proposed release. I think most are just catastrophizing.

#6943 10 years ago

While I often subscribe the to the maxim that "when people don't know what you are doing, they assume you are doing nothing", I suspect Kevin is actually doing a lot, and just too busy to be spending time on pinside. He last posted about two weeks ago, so it not like it has been a loooong time. While I am sure a lot has happened in the last two weeks, I'm sure he wants to be sure whatever video he posts next will properly reflect the progress. My guess he is once again waiting on vendors to get the latest (hopefully last) revisions done for testing.

#6946 10 years ago

We need more ponies!

o-MY-LITTLE-PONY-900.jpgo-MY-LITTLE-PONY-900.jpg
#6948 10 years ago

#6949 10 years ago

As another poster on pinside mentioned..................Mortal Combat would be awesome!!

#6950 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Mortal Combat would be awesome

Couldn't agree more. That would be awesome.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.