View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 143.
#6501 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I've got a couple ideas for the body that we can discuss further, as well, and I think you'll all really like the idea.

do tell!

#6502 10 years ago

Haven't kept up the past few days... were we getting a pic of the latest UV layer? Seems like we should be seeing some more "finished product" photos here and/or some updated video. I'm getting a little anxious to see this game done, I know, I know, who isn't. But there are lots of games and only so much cash in my pocket.... need to finalize some decisions in the near future.

#6503 10 years ago

I'm with you PinManV. If production of this isn't starting soon, I may just take the money and buy AMH or some other boutique pinball in the meantime.
Mustang I have 0 interest in.
Right out the guys mouth at expo 2012 "if we don't start building final games in June [2013] we don't know what we're doing".
Understand delays more communication is necessary.

#6504 10 years ago

I have a feeling we will be seeing something real soon. And I have an even better feeling that it's going to be kick ass!

My fingers are crossed........

#6505 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I have a feeling we will be seeing something real soon. And I have an even better feeling that it's going to be kick ass!
My fingers are crossed........

I share the enthusiasm... but really at this point a "feeling" isn't good enough. I'd personally like to see a daily update from Kevin from this point on... with some realistic completion dates and rough delivery dates. I may not see my game until the end of 2014 for all I know. Before Expo, I was led to believe that I'd be getting my game early 2014. The roller coaster is a fun ride, but its time to finish the loops and twists and bring her into the station. Please, just over communicate with us so we're not sitting here wondering what's going on.

#6506 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

I share the enthusiasm... but really at this point a "feeling" isn't good enough. I'd personally like to see a daily update from Kevin from this point on... with some realistic completion dates and rough delivery dates. I may not see my game until the end of 2014 for all I know. Before Expo, I was led to believe that I'd be getting my game early 2014. The roller coaster is a fun ride, but its time to finish the loops and twists and bring her into the station. Please, just over communicate with us so we're not sitting here wondering what's going on.

Daily updates? Really? How about just trust em to build it and get occassional updates when there is something to actually talk about? I've been paid in full for 4 months now and the amount of communication is fine.

If there is an issue with anyone losing patience then please get your money back and let the next guy on the waiting list get a shot. Or just relax.

Haven't seen ANY reasons to panic about where my money is. Sheesh!

#6507 10 years ago

I'm also really hoping we are truly on the final stretch. I understand the delays on such an ambitious project, but since this all began the boutique manufacturers are showing up in droves. I'm really anxious to see exactly what we will be getting. I wish I could buy as many pins as I want, but realistically I'm lucky if I can add in one game a year. There are a lot of very interesting games on the horizon and I have a 'plan B' for 2014 lined up (Metallica became by alternate for 2013), but I still think Predator shows the most promise of being a truly great game. I'm sure I am not alone on this. I also have no doubt SkitB is as anxious to see the conclusion of this project as we are!

And before anyone suggests it, I have no plans to 'drop out'. I just don't want to get caught in an awful timing situation and miss out on something great.

Brian #46

#6508 10 years ago

PF looks great.

#6509 10 years ago

Can't see the pony or the cow. I do however, see the giraffe.

#6510 10 years ago

Kevin, do you guys know yet which show your going to be able to Debut the final project? Like to make arrangements. Thanks

#6511 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Daily updates? Really? How about just trust em to build it and get occassional updates when there is something to actually talk about? I've been paid in full for 4 months now and the amount of communication is fine.

You have the right to feel anyway you want I respect that, but so do I. For me personally, there needs to be more communication. Daily, yeah OK that's going overboard I'll concede that. Just want more than we're getting. I literally went to Expo for the sole reason to play the game and solidify my purchase. Given the lead up, it was disappointing. Since, I've just felt the need for more frequent and substantial updates. But alas, I'm still "in" and still excited. Hoping for some game play video more than anything.

#6512 10 years ago

Never seen a thread with so many "I want"'s in it.....

#6513 10 years ago
Quoted from shootar:

Never seen a thread with so many "I want"'s in it.....

...and now another one!

#6514 10 years ago

I see Divorce papers in the play field! (if I get on that waiting list that is)

#6515 10 years ago

OK.....HERE IT IS! THE NEW Predator VIDEO. See the UV Playfield....and more!!

http://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/predator-pinball-skit-b/

predator-unmasked.jpgpredator-unmasked.jpg
#6516 10 years ago

That looks awesome!!

#6517 10 years ago

Predator blood streaks look really good.

#6518 10 years ago

A Pre-Christmas present from The Boys!!

#6519 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

http://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/predator-pinball-skit-b/

predator-unmasked.jpg 15 KB

Thanks for the link, Ted! That looks awesome! I'm excited again.

#6520 10 years ago

looks great and love the UV effect!

Ted, are you now officially part of the SkitB team?

Also, what does "around $4,750" mean?

#6521 10 years ago

UV looks cool. My only question: Is the video a good representation of the REST of the field under the UV banks? The UV layer itself looks cool, I just wish the non-UV was less visible.

Thoughts?

#6522 10 years ago

Looks sweet! Hunt mode is a brilliant feature.

#6523 10 years ago

it's coming along great.
the uv light used in the video looks very strong, how strong/far is the one in the machine? sorry if it was mentioned before.

#6524 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Also, what does "around $4,750" mean?

$4,750, plus shipping and whatever extras you might want..."around $4,750"....

#6525 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We are ALL part of the Skit-B Team...

#6526 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Thanks for the press, buddy

Quoted from navajas:

I just wish the non-UV was less visible. Thoughts?

It's all about the angle. In the video most of the shots were from straight down to show detail, but from the 'playing' angle it stands up ever so slightly and most of the primary art layer kind of gets lost to the eye for a few seconds. Can't wait for you to see it in person.

Quoted from beatmaster:

how strong/far is the one in the machine? sorry if it was mentioned before.

The ones used in the game cover more area and are actually stronger. It's also worth noting that the video itself doesn't really do the UV effect justice, as cameras aren't the best at capturing UV. In person it honestly appears about 20~25% brighter than shows in the video.

Quoted from Whysnow:

We all help each other out, right?

#6527 10 years ago

Wow. Blown away. Great job guys.

#6528 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

http://www.thedeadlyspawn.com/pinball411/predator-pinball-skit-b/ predator-unmasked.jpg 15 KB

Well done gentlemen! Looks awesome

#6529 10 years ago

That's what I have been waiting for!! Love the UV paint!! I can't wait to see the finished game.

#6530 10 years ago

awesome looking pin !!!!!!!!

bravo !!!

#6531 10 years ago

Really cool. Can't wait for production to start!

#6532 10 years ago
Quoted from PinManV:

You have the right to feel anyway you want I respect that, but so do I. For me personally, there needs to be more communication. Daily, yeah OK that's going overboard I'll concede that. Just want more than we're getting. I literally went to Expo for the sole reason to play the game and solidify my purchase. Given the lead up, it was disappointing. Since, I've just felt the need for more frequent and substantial updates. But alas, I'm still "in" and still excited. Hoping for some game play video more than anything.

Text always sounds more negative than it was meant to be, at least to me. :p

No no it's fine, but you got it man. Daily puts a lot of pressure on anyone I'm sure.

#6533 10 years ago

Looks great, Kevin. Can't wait to add this game to my collection #67

#6534 10 years ago

Ted,
Thanks for posting the video.

Skit B Team,

Are you f 'ing kidding me? Damn that is freaking awesome! Nicely done, nicely done. I cannot wait for this to show up at my house! Kudos!

#6535 10 years ago

The UV layer looks badass. Great work guys ( Ted included )
Kevin, are you able to give us a rough estimate as to when these things are going to start shipping? I need to come up with an action plan as to how I'm going to tell my Fiancé that I bought one of these titles. After the last pin I hauled home she wasn't overly impressed so this one should get her all fired up She doesn't have the same vision as me when it comes to collecting pins. She's all about saving up to get married

#6536 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The UV layer looks badass. Great work guys ( Ted included

Thanks!....Yes, a-hem, posting that link was hard work!
....after following Jack through the process with OZ, it just amazes me what Kevin and his small crew are doing!
Now, THIS should be a Reality Show!

#6537 10 years ago

I sure am glad I didn't sell my Glo Balls, I think they will look pretty good in this game.

#6538 10 years ago

The UV is everything I could have hoped for and more! Awesome work!

#6539 10 years ago

Looking good!

To reiterate something that was said, it's really hard to capture UV on film. In person the effect will pop even more.

#6540 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I sure am glad I didn't sell my Glo Balls, I think they will look pretty good in this game.

Although the feedback doesn't look good in regards to them lasting long.

#6542 10 years ago

Looks great. Still suffers from strawberry jam skull though.

#6543 10 years ago

So when do you think the preproduction model will be built?
Or maybe you will install this playfield into the game you had at expo?
Are the plastics complete for the game?

#6544 10 years ago

I think the artwork looks thCABF0WO0.jpgthCABF0WO0.jpg

Merry Christmas Skit B guys

#6545 10 years ago

That looks SICK!!! Exciting to see it love the colors on the field and the UV layer takes it way over the top. Well played Skit-B, well played!!!

#6546 10 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Really cool. Can't wait for production to start!

Right around the corner, now.

Quoted from underlord:

Daily puts a lot of pressure on anyone I'm sure.

I do what I can, but I have to agree here

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

are you able to give us a rough estimate as to when these things are going to start shipping?

Part orders go out as soon as this latest build comes together. By "this latest build" I do, of course, mean "first production unit." Finish-line for development is literally days away!

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

After the last pin I hauled home she wasn't overly impressed

...what pin was it?

Quoted from spfxted:

Now, THIS should be a Reality Show!

Oh dear god no, don't do that to me!

Quoted from Jetzxi:

Next gameplay video we do will be featuring a set of Glo-Balls. We've been using the blue ones in the Sonic the Hedgehog custom and they're pretty cool (and DAMN are they fast!).

Quoted from PACMAN:

Looks great. Still suffers from strawberry jam skull though.

And always will.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So when do you think the preproduction model will be built?
Or maybe you will install this playfield into the game you had at expo?

Preproduction model will be finished right after all of this holiday chaos is over with. And you're right about simply switching playfields with the machine from Chicago. There's no need to go all out on another unit when that one is so close to complete.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are the plastics complete for the game?

Yes, brand new set of plastics came in the box with the new playfield, so they will be represented in the new video, amongst a few other things.

Quoted from crlush:

Merry Christmas Skit B guys

Thanks! And Merry Christmas to everybody here, as well

#6547 10 years ago

**Kevin - do you have a guess on which show you will debut the new model at?

#6548 10 years ago

If things are this close, what would it take to get a Predator game to MGC in April?

That is the PERFECT show for the big debut and also not too far from you guys.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

#6549 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

...what pin was it?

Nitro Ground Shaker. I bought it for 150.oo It wasn't in the best of shape when I got it. The playfield is blown out(i'm restoring it) but the backglass is mint and all the mechanics and boards are really clean. She doesn't see the potential in some of my projects.

***THANKS FOR THE UPDATES AND MERRY CHRISTMAS***

#6550 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If things are this close, what would it take to get a Predator game to MGC in April?
That is the PERFECT show for the big debut and also not too far from you guys.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Louisville would be better/sooner.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.