Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 143.
#6351 6 years ago

I don't even have a horse in the race, but I checked in hoping for more ponies...

P.S. I'm drinking.

Chris

#6352 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I would be pretty pissed if I paid like 12 large for a Big Bang Bar

Need to go a little more north on this one. Trust me - I know.

#6353 6 years ago

Keep the faith!

#6354 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Seriously? Brutal...

#6355 6 years ago

Seriously? Brutal...

Skit-B.... Still alive out there.

#6356 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm think the going rate is $20k-ish.

#6357 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Ouch that is about 15000 too much IMO. I know you are probably right about that but I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay so take my comment with a grain of salt.

#6358 6 years ago

I'm paid in full and was wondering if you have a final release date

#6359 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

I'm paid in full and was wondering if you have a final release date

No they don't and if they did it probably would not be very accurate. Hard to predict with a first time project like this.

#6360 6 years ago

You are right. As crazy as it is they are selling for that amount - with competitive bidding. Crazy.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ouch that is about 15000 too much IMO. I know you are probably right about that but I'm not a huge fan of the gameplay so take my comment with a grain of salt.

Part rarity, part collectibility, part history and a lot of fun playing the game. It really is a great playing game with full featured modes, great theme, and black light done well with great glow effect. It absolutely is too expensive - but everyone who has played it so far loves it. Really try hard to strip away the "wow is that a BBB" from the evaluation but I know it still factors in. Oddly, Mr Remorse here doesn't have one single ounce of regret. Enjoying the hell out of it. In the end, that's all that matters. Sold AFM and MB to fund it. No regrets.

#6361 6 years ago

glad you are digging it Billy!

Hope I can check it out sometime in the future.

#6362 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You are right. As crazy as it is they are selling for that amount - with competitive bidding. Crazy.

Part rarity, part collectibility, part history and a lot of fun playing the game. It really is a great playing game with full featured modes, great theme, and black light done well with great glow effect. It absolutely is too expensive - but everyone who has played it so far loves it. Really try hard to strip away the "wow is that a BBB" from the evaluation but I know it still factors in. Oddly, Mr Remorse here doesn't have one single ounce of regret. Enjoying the hell out of it. In the end, that's all that matters. Sold AFM and MB to fund it. No regrets.

Yikes I would never trade those two or even one of those two for a BBB (taking money consideration out of it). But understand everyone has their own preferences. Glad you don't regret it and are enjoying playing that's what it's all about.

#6363 6 years ago

Just placed my deposit!

Requested to get on the waiting list mid-April, got confirmation mid-May. Was getting a little worried that I'd miss out just barely. Looking forward to the updates, and watching the 249 before mine get made and delivered!

#6364 6 years ago

I can't wait for these to start shipping.

#6365 6 years ago

OT: For those of you who are also video gamers, you should check out Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. It's a hilarious homage to everything 80s, with tons of Predator references. The loading screen is a VCR tracking screen. The opening action scene is you firing a mini gun from a chopper and Long Tall Sally is the background music. Michael Bienh (Terminator, Aliens) is the main voice actor.

Here's the intro and first mission.

#6366 6 years ago

Keeping the faith!

#6367 6 years ago

It's been 6 weeks since expo. he stated production would begin as soon as 6 weeks from his speech at expo. Are they really getting ready to start?

I could bail and pay off my hobbit. which will make it to market first? Predator or Hobbit?

Not trying to be a Cunty McShitterman, but lack of updates and just really a complete blackout altogether is starting to sour me on the project.

#6368 6 years ago

Bail and pay off Hobbit.....just sayin'....

#6369 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It's been [six] weeks ... he stated production would begin as soon as 6 weeks from his speech at expo.

Quoted from dgoett:

It's been [six] weeks ... production would begin as soon as 6 weeks

Quoted from dgoett:

as soon as 6 weeks

Cancel your order and pay off Hobbit

#6370 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It's been 6 weeks since expo. he stated production would begin as soon as 6 weeks from his speech at expo. Are they really getting ready to start?
I could bail and pay off my hobbit. which will make it to market first? Predator or Hobbit?
Not trying to be a Cunty McShitterman, but lack of updates and just really a complete blackout altogether is starting to sour me on the project.

If you paid the full deposit on Predator, yeah, I can see your consternation.

If you pull your money out, you can take a wait and see on Hobbit, but can't do that with Predator. Once you're out, you're out. With Hobbit, given the JJP track record, it's pretty clear you can get in whenever you want without penalty.

Then again, should Skit-B implode, your money's gone.

Not trying to sway you either way or the other just laying out the scenarios.

#6371 6 years ago

Watch the video...they have to make new ramps as the others were too shallow. They're also working on the alteration and placement of the skull. They don't make the ramps. How quickly do you think that can be done?

#6372 6 years ago

Just a little communication about the status would be nice. Not asking for much, just a quick check in every once in a while.

Here Kevin, let's make it simple... Please pick 1 of the following choices.

1. Sorry guys, been a few delays with some of the revamped parts and new ramps are taking longer than expected. Hope to have an updated version by Q12014

2. Hey guys production still expected to start in the next few weeks so if you are at the front of the list, good idea to be ready. We are hoping to produce 5 per week after the initial 10 go out the door.

3. Hey guys, we have taken all your money and are chilling on the beach in a foriegn country. I have hired a personal massage therapist to dress in full pred gear and rub me down all day. I also have a pony that I ride to and from the local drinking establishments. Life is great!

#6373 6 years ago

yes, I'm paid in full on Predator [$4750]. I guess that enhances the frustration compared to someone with just $250 invested in the project.
As for the ramps being too shallow - have you ever looked at RFM's? They are super shallow even at the ends and they work great. It's the angle the slit is cut in the end for the ball to drop that makes all the difference.

Point taken about "once you're out - you're out". very true with this project.

I guess when they had the payment tier system come out and I paid it off, I was under the assumption production would start a few months after and that's what the request for additional funds was for - to start up production. I was happy to get them some money to start building.

The silence is deafening.

#6374 6 years ago

I can not understand why anyone would pay in full. That makes no sense whatsoever, I could maybe understand if there was a nice $750 discount, or even free shipping, but short of that..no way.

#6375 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

It sure is.

#6376 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

yes, I'm paid in full on Predator [$4750]. I guess that enhances the frustration compared to someone with just $250 invested in the project.
As for the ramps being too shallow - have you ever looked at RFM's? They are super shallow even at the ends and they work great. It's the angle the slit is cut in the end for the ball to drop that makes all the difference.
I guess when they had the payment tier system come out and I paid it off, I was under the assumption production would start a few months after and that's what the request for additional funds was for - to start up production. I was happy to get them some money to start building.

Fortunately I only have the $250 deposit paid, and my small commitment keeps me patient. I do not have it in me to pay in full and then wait a year or two. That would drive me nuts. My personal dilemna has more to do with space & money. I had no problem committing $4750 for Predator. Then PPS went and announced MMRLE, which I covet even more than Predator, and all of a sudden I'm committed for $13000. I'[m keeping my MM order for sure, but I'll have to make a painful cut in order to keep both.

Would any of you sell a mint LOTR or Tron (my 2 grails) in order to get your Predator? That's probably what it will come down to for me, which feels like a pretty big gamble. On the other hand, the production numbers are so limited on Predator that it might be very hard to get one later without paying through the nose. Decisions decisions.

#6377 6 years ago

Would any of you sell a mint LOTR or Tron (my 2 grails) in order to get your Predator? That's probably what it will come down to for me, which feels like a pretty big gamble. On the other hand, the production numbers are so limited on Predator that it might be very hard to get one later without paying through the nose. Decisions decisions.

Yes, without a question. I can go buy a mint LOTR or Tron pretty much any week and the price is going down on both it seems.

Predator is limited to 250 and VERY unique in so many ways. I see very few of them changing hands after they settle.

That said, I would not sell ANYTHING till you actually need the cash in hand and delivery is immenent.

#6378 6 years ago

Kevin informed me that production will start in 10 weeks (via Facebook) --->
"In about 10 weeks. Just need to get one more part in here then we can go forward.".

This was 4 or 5 days ago. I was holding out… anticipating that someone else would share the news. Maybe everyone should just start asking him questions and reposting the answers as they are delivered.

#6379 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Kevin informed me that production will start in 10 weeks (via Facebook) --->"In about 10 weeks. Just need to get one more part in here then we can go forward.".
This was 4 or 5 days ago. I was holding out… anticipating that someone else would share the news. Maybe everyone should just start asking him questions and reposting the answers as they are delivered.

Pictures or it didn't happen

#6380 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Yeah, I hear your frustration. For me, it's a $250 gamble and I'm cool with the ride. But like I said back when they did the incentive "all-in" options, "the clock is now ticking".

Regardless, I hope the best for the team. I hope they can pull it out.

#6381 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

JM is like this, too, and is kind of the aesthetic we were shooting for, but it simply caused too many problems and required too many band-aid fixes to keep working without redesigning a lot of the angles and such. Deeper ramps are just "safer."

Quoted from spfxted:

Bail and pay off Hobbit.....just sayin'....

Why does Ted always tell people to bail??

Quoted from Whysnow:

Here Kevin, let's make it simple... Please pick 1 of the following choices.

Little bit of all three. Ramp redesigns were a huge blow to the clock on this one, and I apologize for the added wait time. Things are still moving forward and we are dealing with a matter of weeks here still for production scheduling. If you classify freezing rain in Mid-Michigan a foreign beach, then yeah, we're doing that, too.

Quoted from dgoett:

I understand. As corvair relayed, we are just one part away from having all we need to make the orders and finally get this show on the road. I'll be much happier when I can come on here and give all you guys the news you're waiting to hear. In this last little moment before production hits and things go really crazy, I'll be on here a few times a day to answer any questions about the game itself. Let's treat it like one of those "AMA" (ask me anything) sessions, shall we?

#6382 6 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Kevin informed me that production will start in 10 weeks (via Facebook) --->
"In about 10 weeks. Just need to get one more part in here then we can go forward.".

I won't hassle him right now (I am not among the first-in-line) but I am happy to hear that...

#6383 6 years ago

thanks for the reply Kevin.

#6384 6 years ago

1st AMA >>
After production starts, how quickly do you expect games to roll out the door?

In other words are these hand built by your trained guys 5-10 at a time/week? If I am 150th out should I expect I need to come up with the remainder of my balance in X weeks?

#6385 6 years ago

Kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to come here and let us know what is going on. We know you're busy but a little more interaction would go a long way for your customers. Sounds like you're trying to do just that now.

One word of caution though (ok maybe more than one word). Please do not repeat the mistakes made by JJP. Do not, under any circumstances provide a date and not be able to stand by it. If something changes, let your customers know immediately. Whatever you do, don't BS anyone. Simply provide the truth.

I appreciate what you guys are doing. I am looking forward to the day my machine arrives.

Best regards,
Phil

#6386 6 years ago

JM is like this, too, and is kind of the aesthetic we were shooting for, but it simply caused too many problems and required too many band-aid fixes to keep working without redesigning a lot of the angles and such. Deeper ramps are just "safer."

Wait, so does that mean we aren't getting the redesigned ball exits for the ramps to prevent bounceback?

#6387 6 years ago

Why does Ted always tell people to bail??

I was being sarcastic. I have no patience for people that have no patience.

#6388 6 years ago

I'm also curious about what the current plan is for getting these built. How are these being manufactured and what's the expected rate of completed machines rolling off the line? I will probably have to sell a game to make room, which will be difficult because I love all of my games.

#6389 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

After production starts, how quickly do you expect games to roll out the door?
In other words are these hand built by your trained guys 5-10 at a time/week? If I am 150th out should I expect I need to come up with the remainder of my balance in X weeks?

Your expectations seem to be right in line with ours. Of course the first few will take longer than the remainder while we all get into the swing of things, but the target we're shooting for is ten per week. Going any faster than that may be possible, but pushing might lead to quality control issues.

Quoted from Half_Life:

Please do not repeat the mistakes made by JJP. Do not, under any circumstances provide a date and not be able to stand by it. If something changes, let your customers know immediately. Whatever you do, don't BS anyone. Simply provide the truth.

Good points all around. While we have never given a concrete start date, I try to keep people as "up to date as I am." When the game is finalized, we have been told collectively by all of our contractors that we can expect 6-12 weeks for all of the parts to come in. So, officially, the start date is 6-12 weeks after the game is done. Sharing this information leads to some issues, as well, but not nearly as heavy as setting a solid date and missing it.

Quoted from flashburn:

Wait, so does that mean we aren't getting the redesigned ball exits for the ramps to prevent bounceback?

No, adding in the teardrop escapes is a fairly simple change, so we still won't have to worry about the bounceback. In order to work with the shallow ramps AND the teardrop escapes, though, approach angles would have needed to be changed to allow for a slowed and more controlled approach to the ramp ends.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm also curious about what the current plan is for getting these built. How are these being manufactured and what's the expected rate of completed machines rolling off the line? I will probably have to sell a game to make room, which will be difficult because I love all of my games.

I wish there was a simple answer to this, but it really is a huge question. A LOT of people ask me if I'm building this whole thing myself, which would be certifiably insane, at best. While it's true that the majority of the game itself was done by one or sometimes two people, trying to manufacture a game alone would be close to impossible. There are just so many disciplines that go into making a game and making it right, no one in the world would possess all of these skills by default; they would have to learn a lot along the way and apply it very quickly and efficiently to make anything happen. This is why I've gone out of my way to find all of the experts in the industry in their own field and "outsource" those parts of production and research to them.
I'm not a sound guy. Never have been and never will be. But Mike Pupo certainly is, so I contacted him to provide the sound package for the game and it sounds fantastic. I could never build a solid, professional cabinet, but Paul Maletich from VirtuaPin certainly can, so VirtuaPin was contracted to build the cabinets and they are beautiful and solid. I'm not an artist by any means, so with the assistance of James Dubay, Nick Droomer and John Pinfield-Wells, the art package is professional and looking great. The list goes on and on.
In short, what I'm trying to say is there is no reason for me to learn all the ins-and-outs and nuances of thermoforming when there are countless businesses both near and far that have been thermoforming plastics to put food on their tables for decades that know all this stuff already, and would love to be a part of the project. Better to pass things you aren't familiar with on to the experts. At the end of the day, what that means for production is that all of these things we've been working on and passing around come back to us as a myriad of professional, completed parts that need to be assembled into one cohesive machine. That's where our team of industry "lifers," who do playfield swaps for fun (you know the type ), and have been doing it for decades themselves, come in to assemble, wire and test. Terry from PinballLife once told me "It takes a village to make a pinball machine," and truer words have never been spoken

#6390 6 years ago

thanks Kevin.

#6391 6 years ago

Exciting times...

Kevin, any news for grouped shipping to Europe?

#6392 6 years ago

Any news on that hanging body? ( magnet,mech )?

#6393 6 years ago

Please post another video as soon as you've got the final product put together

#6394 6 years ago

Sorry if this was addressed already, but i dont believe it was.

Will each login profile be able to have its own software settings? or will software settings be independent of user profiles? This came up today while my wife and I were playing pinball today, it would be cool if we could play a 2 player game where we each had the settings adjusted to match our skill level so to speak, like maybe player 1 would have no ball save, but player 2 would, is something like this going to be possible?

#6395 6 years ago

Thanks for the detailed response, Kevin! +1 on looking forward to an update on the final result of the swinging body mech. This was the last questionable thing related to gameplay. I can't wait to see the finished product! I think the theater of this game alone will make it awesome.

Brian #46

#6396 6 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

This has been asked numerous times and seems to get dodged....My guess, nothing is changing but it sure would be nice to hear from Kevin.

#6397 6 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

Bump to get an answer on this

#6398 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Sorry if this was addressed already, but i dont believe it was.
Will each login profile be able to have its own software settings? or will software settings be independent of user profiles? This came up today while my wife and I were playing pinball today, it would be cool if we could play a 2 player game where we each had the settings adjusted to match our skill level so to speak, like maybe player 1 would have no ball save, but player 2 would, is something like this going to be possible?

Great ideas.. Like to find out if this is possible as well.

#6399 6 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

I'd rather it have a coil that would kick and swing the body when the ramp is hit. I think you would get a better effect that way but unfortunately I don't think that is in Skit-B's plans.

#6400 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd rather it have a coil that would kick and swing the body when the ramp is hit. I think you would get a better effect that way but unfortunately I don't think that is in Skit-B's plans.

Yes, actually swing the bodies not pop up and down like some people have suggested.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 28.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 229.99
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 149.00
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 174.99
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Arizona Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside