View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 143.
#6251 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Wow, these rules sound really unique and well thought out. Awesome. So, two of the modes are multiballs, right? So there are other modes...7? What are they?

There are six standard modes and the wizard, so I guess we could call it seven modes in total. Here goes another long post?

By the magic of copy and paste, here's a quick refresher of the wizard mode:
Showdown Wizard Mode:
- Awarded by completing all HUD modes.
- Four ball
- Standalone
- All playfield shots are worth 25M and add 10M to Showdown Jackpot value that is collected at the Jungle Hole.

Going from left to right on the HUD, we have Camp, Runaway, Tracking, Unload, Traps and Reveal.

Camp:
This is the most "vanilla" of all the modes. Both ramps and both loops light for 20M apiece. Making those shots destroy the enemy camp, and completing the mode nets an extra 20M, making the mode worth 100M in total if completed. No special modifiers or flairs really apply to this mode, but if you use the super skill shot, this will almost assuredly be your first mode you play. That's important to note, because you always begin the game with Hunt stocks available and the shots that are lit for the camp mode are all potential Hunt shots.
Side Note: I ALWAYS use this mode to get some successful Hunts out of the way while quickly taking a nice score lead. Hunt + lit mode shot = 40M, so if you complete this mode and make three hunts, you will have Hunt MBall ready in one more successful shot and already be close to 200M score.

Runaway:
Chase Anna through the jungle. This is admittedly kind of a weird mode. Mode begins with a 30M countdown hurry-up shot to the left loop. Once the left loop is made (or the value drops to 10M), the active shot switches to the right loop, but this time it counts UP instead of down. The count-up will start from the value of the left-shot-score and begin counting up until it adds 30M. Once it peaks, you still have a few seconds to make the shot before the mode ends. If you hit both shots at max value, the value of the mode is a cool 90M for two calculated shots.
Side Note: Any time the ball is caught in an eject or a hole, or gets into the pops, the countdown or countup stops for a few seconds. As a personal aside, this mode ends with one of my favorite quotes in the game, which is Poncho saying "Maybe you'd better put her on a leash, agent man."

Tracking:
For this mode, you sort of change roles and become the Predator. This mode is played out completely in blacklight. Mode begins with the right eject lit, but you move the active shot to whichever shot you like by using the extra flipper buttons. If you get a good flow going, you can knock out all six shots in the time you're given, but it's tough. Shots start at 15M and grow by 5M for each success, making this potentially the most valuable mode at 165M total, but like I said, kinda tough.
Side Note: Mode starts with Billy saying "The only way outta here is that valley that leads to the east..." Hit both flipper buttons after the call out for a quick easter egg and have Billy finish the famous line (vulgarity must be on).

Copy and paste two, electric boogaloo:
Unload HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Unload Mode is lit (fourth mode)
- Four ball
- Standalone
- Flipper hold coils are disabled and all balls are continuously launched back into play for 30 seconds. All switches score their normal value +1M. For every ball that drains, that value is decreased by 10% for the duration of the mode.

Traps:
Set the traps to catch the Predator. In this mode you alternate setting traps up high and down low by hitting ramps then holes. I think of it in phases. In first phase, you have to hit either ramp, and in second phase you have to hit a hole. The phases go back and forth with each successful shot. Successful shots are worth 15M each, with a 10M bonus for completing all six turns, making this mode worth 100M total.
Side note: If you somehow manage to sneak into the left eject during this mode, you'll find another easter egg and a small bonus. Another personal aside, there is another of my favorite quotes in this mode. "You really think this Boy Scout bullsh*t's gonna work?"

Copy and paste episode III: revenge of the sith:
Reveal HUD Mode:
- Starts by shooting the Jungle Hole when Reveal Mode is lit (sixth mode)
- Up to four ball
- Standalone
- When started, a second ball is added to play. Another ball is added when the left ramp is made, and yet another when the right eject is made. Right eject, left ramp and Jungle Hole are lit during this mode, and the values increase or decrease depending on how many balls are currently in play.

#6252 10 years ago

I just copied and pasted ALL this great info into a Log....

#6253 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ramble on Kevin we don't mind here.

I go in and out, really :-/

Quoted from rai:

I feel like I'm reading an eye chart, what is the 4th insert?
Do you feel like the type is clear enough? I know it's a crappy picture but in a darkened room will it be more clear?
The second insert says RUNAWAY or RUN AWAY??

Fourth insert is Unload. Yes, the picture isn't the best but it's mostly because cameras don't take well to light being shone straight into them. I'll post an un-lit pic in a second showing the clear print. Oh, and second insert is RUNAWAY, not RUN AWAY.

Quoted from Jetzxi:

Remember Kevin uses one of those dumb phones to take his pictures and videos with

I'm a walking advertisement for the Nokia Lumia series and Windows Phone in general

WP_000412.jpgWP_000412.jpg

#6254 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just copied and pasted ALL this great info into a Log....

Yes, Ted, this will be on the exam.

#6256 10 years ago

Was a decision made on the insert colors?

#6257 10 years ago

Kevin,
How about a video explaining all the shots and/or a basic how to play the game ?
If and when you get time
thanks
roger

#6258 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

RUNAWAY, not RUN AWAY.

Oh, that's from another movie..

image-343.jpgimage-343.jpg

#6260 10 years ago

Wow had no idea about the Quick Mball, thats a nice little surprise, I knew the modes were cool but i love all the little details that reward the player for playing better, like values of shots going down for draining and stuff like that. I cant wait for this freaking thing. I hope really hope the UV layers comes out the way its intended. Thank you so much for the update Kevin, even a little "order for new playfield went out, still waiting on contractors" type of updates are much appreciated.

#6261 10 years ago

I have to say, I'm going to keep a eye on this machine. It very well could become my next victim.

#6262 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

had no idea about the Quick Mball, thats a nice little surprise

Another note about quick multiball: It can be randomly awarded by mystery, but if you haven't gotten it yet and you light mystery twice before shooting the mystery award, it will be given on that shot.

Quoted from MagicMako:

really hope the UV layers comes out the way its intended.

The UV is rockin'. Here is one of our test boards in extremely low-res. It's just a random square on the board, NOT indicative of placement or style.

V__7E01.jpgV__7E01.jpg

#6263 10 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

I have to say, I'm going to keep a eye on this machine. It very well could become my next victim.

If you are not already on the preorder list with deposit paid (or very high up on the current wait list) then I am afraind you are SOL. The limited number of 250 has been reserved for almost 1 year now.

If you are even remotely interested then message SkitB and ask to be put on the waitlist. It is a longshot but better than not being on the list at all.

#6264 10 years ago

Thanks for the info...little too late to find this
Back to ppb again lol

#6265 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If you are not already on the preorder list with deposit paid (or very high up on the current wait list) then I am afraind you are SOL. The limited number of 250 has been reserved for almost 1 year now.
If you are even remotely interested then message SkitB and ask to be put on the waitlist. It is a longshot but better than not being on the list at all.

What would be considered high up on the wait list?

#6266 10 years ago

Looking at the picture with the unlit inserts, I'm curious as to why there isn't an outline around the inserts? I'm so used to the outlines around inserts on other games that it just feels a bit unfinished without them.

#6267 10 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

Looking at the picture with the unlit inserts, I'm curious as to why there isn't an outline around the inserts? I'm so used to the outlines around inserts on other games that it just feels a bit unfinished without them.

That's true, I was wondering what was missing.

#6268 10 years ago

They're on the new one.

#6269 10 years ago

looking good. UV usage is looking promising as well. Doing any hidden UV stuff?

#6270 10 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

What would be considered high up on the wait list?

My personal guess is anything past 10. I think things are coming together nicely and there has been a few waves of dropouts already behind us. Even after the gasps for a non-playable game at expo I think Kevin mentioned under 10 spots opened up (which were immediately filled by the standing waitlist).

I can only guess, but the vast majority of 250 that are already in will likely stay firmly in.

MHO is they would be crazy to do anything else. The code has been down right amazing since day 1 and the physical game has been steadily catching up over the past year. I have a feeling the next build (with better ramps, final? pf, and fixed few issues from expo game) will cement the rest of the people firmly in position.

#6271 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looking good. UV usage is looking promising as well. Doing any hidden UV stuff?

Yes, an entire blacklight mode showing the unmasked predator... which can't be seen during normal play.

#6272 10 years ago
Quoted from Jawa:

I'm so used to the outlines around inserts on other games that it just feels a bit unfinished without them.

I really like the inserts on the hud. They look clean and crisp.

#6273 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, an entire blacklight mode showing the unmasked Predator... which can't be seen during normal play.

Fantastic. Great ideas.

#6274 10 years ago

This game is going to be fun! Thanks for all the info Kevin, keep it coming!

#6275 10 years ago

I originally had trouble really seeing the UV predator face in the recent video. I just rewatched it yesterday in 1080p and for whatever reason, I was able to see almost the whole thing! I don't know what made the difference, but it was pretty clearly visible and it looked really cool. Combined with the recently published rules and Kevin communicating with us again, I am now more psyched than ever before about this game!

#6276 10 years ago

I still can not see any UV paint images.

#6277 10 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Would like to see a pic with the skull and spine realigned and how they are realigning the dangling body.

Any picture of this Kevin? Also, Is the ball really going to hit the hanging body? It seems that would really change the gameplay and make it very difficult to run a ramp.

#6278 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Is the ball really going to hit the hanging body? It seems that would really change the gameplay and make it very difficult to run a ramp.

I agree, think it's better for the bodies not to contact the ball.

#6279 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I still can not see any UV paint images.

Rai, it was kind of like one of those crazy sailboat in the dots paintings. I was tired and sort of looking beyond the playfield and it registered. His face takes up the whole area between the slings, looking straight on. I could only see it at certain angles still. Even if you can't see it yet, I'm sure it will be improved a lot more for the next build.

#6280 10 years ago

Apologizes if its already been mentioned. - Any changes considered for the washed out lettering on the inserts?

Kim

#6281 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I agree, think it's better for the bodies not to contact the ball.

\

completely agree. I'd prefer a switch that triggers a coil to bounce the bodies (like AFM/RFM style).

#6282 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Rai, it was kind of like one of those crazy sailboat in the dots paintings. I was tired and sort of looking beyond the playfield and it registered. His face takes up the whole area between the slings, looking straight on. I could only see it at certain angles still. Even if you can't see it yet, I'm sure it will be improved a lot more for the next build.

It's out there. Past those trees.

#6283 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

\
completely agree. I'd prefer a switch that triggers a coil to bounce the bodies (like AFM/RFM style).

Yeah plus three on that seems like ball hitting the body could result in some on target shots missing/not going up the ramp. Trigger with coil would be awesome Stern is starting to realize using this type of thing really adds a cool dimension to toys on the field (Sparky and Vengeance ship).

#6284 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd prefer a switch that triggers a coil to bounce the bodies (like AFM/RFM style).

Agreed.

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Here is one of our test boards in extremely low-res.

This looks promising.

Quoted from Mr68:

Any changes considered for the washed out lettering on the inserts?

I agree, in pictures from far away it looks a bit washed out or worn, but i believe this is the "Predator font" and im guessing it looks pretty sweet in person.

#6285 10 years ago

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but the announcement of a new "limited" edition over in WOZ land begs the question: Will Skit-B continue to make Predators (of any shape, color, LE, Premium, Classic, Super-Tri-Laser Edition, etc) or is it 250 and that's that, on to game 2?

I ask because quite a bit of my purchasing decision, and the risk I'm willing to take with this new company and amateur-designed game, is the chance to own something truly limited. (Before anyone gets their panties in a twist and gives me the "pinball is meant to be shared!" routine, I'm routing mine).

I'm not looking to retire on my future Predator sale earnings, but the limited number of 250 greatly increases the chances of this game maintaining its value, and while there's no guarantees in life, there are calculated risks and at 250 it makes sense to me.

#6286 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but the announcement of a new "limited" edition over in WOZ land begs the question: Will Skit-B continue to make Predators (of any shape, color, LE, Premium, Classic, Super-Tri-Laser Edition, etc) or is it 250 and that's that, on to game 2?
I ask because quite a bit of my purchasing decision, and the risk I'm willing to take with this new company and amateur-designed game, is the chance to own something truly limited. (Before anyone gets their panties in a twist and gives me the "pinball is meant to be shared!" routine, I'm routing mine).
I'm not looking to retire on my future Predator sale earnings, but the limited number of 250 greatly increases the chances of this game maintaining its value, and while there's no guarantees in life, there are calculated risks and at 250 it makes sense to me.

From what I understand the IP owners are only allowing 250 to be made period. So no more after that.

#6287 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

im guessing it looks pretty sweet in person.

I saw it at Expo. I can live with it but it makes the playfield look worn.

Kim

#6288 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

From what I understand the IP owners are only allowing 250 to be made period. So no more after that.

From the start Skit-B have emphasized that this first project will be limited to 250 total units. I would think that Skit-B would stick to that number since that is what they told pre-order customers from the get go. I do hope their second release is a higher production run but it would be a little suspect if after basically guaranteeing pre-order customers that only 250 total would be produced they went and produced more of them.

#6289 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I was under the impression that their license agreement limited the number, and they couldn't make more if they wanted to. I could be wrong though!

#6290 10 years ago

Kevin, please confirm that 250 is ALL that will ever be made of Predator...

#6291 10 years ago

I take it you have not heard of the Predator 2 pin yet? Im ordering the Bill Paxton super duper deluxe LE version. Game over man.

#6292 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was under the impression that their license agreement limited the number, and they couldn't make more if they wanted to. I could be wrong though!

That's what I recall as well, but there's nothing stopping them from getting a second license agreement for another run. It comes down to what they commit to doing as a company, and if they go back on that down the road, they accept the hit to their rep.

I think it ought to be crystal clear for buyers.

#6293 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Kevin, please confirm that 250 is ALL that will ever be made of Predator...

Until the remake. Then it will be a Pred-LE with eleventy billion units! Reserve now!

#6294 10 years ago

hell with a hit to their rep, I desire an agreement and plan to kick em in the junk if it changes for any reason in the future.

#6295 10 years ago

It has always been 250. Kevin has never waivered and has always said there will be no more made. Why people are saying their might be more made is beyond me?

#6296 10 years ago

I don't really care either way. 250 or 2000, as long as its a good game.

#6297 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I don't really care either way. 250 or 2000, as long as its a good game.

We'll from a risk standpoint I think it does matter somewhat as jonnyo mentions. It's their first design, code, & cab ever assembled as a manufacturer so there is risk involved the limited 250 production run makes it more enticing to take the risk and purchase Skit-B's first production pin.

#6298 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

We'll from a risk standpoint I think it does matter somewhat as jonnyo mentions. It's their first design, code, & cab ever assembled as a manufacturer so there is risk involved the limited 250 production run makes it more enticing to take the risk and purchase Skit-B's first production pin.

Exactly.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, but even though Predator is "value-priced" in this increasingly-psychotic pinball market, 5 large is still a lot of cash. We all deserve to know what we're getting.

#6299 10 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that I'm getting something thats limited to only 250 units. I'm really quite lucky to have gotten in when I did as i'm #227. The number of units produced isn't a big deal for me is all.

#6300 10 years ago

Never mind, see below.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.