Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 143.
#6151 6 years ago

No, it would have to be re-wired and connected differently to the driver boards.
And the software would have to be revised for the RGB lamp calls, but thats the easiest part.

Quoted from nephasth:

But will it be wired for RGB LEDs?

#6153 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Colored inserts or not = don't care. What I DO care about is that you take your time and produce a great machine. Don't let a 'time schedule' make you rush through things just to get it 'out the door'. We can wait.

Totally agree!

#6154 6 years ago

Thanks for the detailed feedback Kevin!

I personally don't care about clear vs. colored inserts... don't matter to me, use your best judgment.

I would like some additional UV lights near the center of the board to make sure preds face is lit up near the center.

Game looks great! Now get off the internet and get back to work!!!

#6155 6 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

This is a great point and why I keep going back and forth on the inserts. With the code being open source, you can almost be guaranteed someone will rewrite code to enable the RGB LED's for the inserts (and if not, you can still put in colored bulbs/LEDS to give correct color). Plus, the only reason for colored inserts is to make the pin look pretty when it's not turned on.

Pretty sure you'd have to completely re-wire and re-write the lamp matrix to be able to do that.

#6156 6 years ago

^I'll be the first to admit I have no clue on it, but seems like the hardest part would be the coding? Everything else would be a kit to convert and bolt on.

#6157 6 years ago

How do you bolt on a new wiring harness? That sounds like a nightmare to me.

#6158 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

How do you bolt on a new wiring harness? That sounds like a nightmare to me.

With modern driver boards, like our PDB and PD-LED boards (which drives LEDs, including RGBs), there is no longer a single 'wiring harness'. The PD-LED board, for instance, has 7 headers, each of which drive 12 LEDs (or 4 RGB LEDs). Presumably an upgrade kit would come with the point-to-point cables that connect the PD-LED to the LEDs, and it wouldn't be terribly difficult to install.

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/driver-boards/pd-led

Whether or not Skit-B adds the code to take advantage of RGBs or open-sources the code and allows you to do it is up to them.

- Gerry
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com
http://www.multimorphic.com

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

With modern driver boards, like our PDB and PD-LED boards (which drives LEDs, including RGBs), there is no longer a single 'wiring harness'. The PD-LED board, for instance, has 7 headers, each of which drive 12 LEDs (or 4 RGB LEDs). Presumably an upgrade kit would come with the point-to-point cables that connect the PD-LED to the LEDs, and it wouldn't be terribly difficult to install.
Whether or not Skit-B adds the code to take advantage of RGBs or open-sources the code and allows you to do it is up to them.
- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

Sweet, thanks for correcting me. I still don't think it's reasonable to make all the inserts clear just for the off chance of someone doing all this work for color changing inserts.

#6160 6 years ago

How do I order one? Get on a wait list?

I have tried to contact kevin at skit- B and no contact back

Hummmm

Thanks for any help
Kenny

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

How do I order one? Get on a wait list?
I have tried to contact kevin at skit- B and no contact back
Hummmm
Thanks for any help
Kenny

Sometimes Kevin is slow to respond, but all it takes to get on the wait list is to send him an e-mail request that you want in along with all your contact info.

#6162 6 years ago

Sorry if this has already been covered in this jumbo thread, but do buyers still get to choose a custom quote to get printed on their numbered plaque? If so, do we e-mail it to Kevin? Profanity okay?

#6163 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Colored inserts or not = don't care. What I DO care about is that you take your time and produce a great machine. Don't let a 'time schedule' make you rush through things just to get it 'out the door'. We can wait.

I have to agree with spfxted. We're all anxious, I for one. I would say depending on where you are with production parts etc... I would take in one more round of suggestions from those who put down deposits. I have followed you guys from the beginning and although I do understand not all great ideas can be incorporated, a few may be an eye opener and seal the deal for those already in and those anxious to sign up on the waiting list.

I for one would be willing to pay extra as parts and accessories if it included huts for the caps (designed by Matt) Chopper, maybe some tripod M16's, lasers... shooting within the forrest of plastics. I know you want to be fair with the pricing that you quoted and I support and appreciate it very much... but give me options and I'm in for throwing some more cash your way! I'm willing to wait on my game being built if needed if more is incorporated... just throwing that out there!

Keep up the great work!

#6164 6 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Sorry if this has already been covered in this jumbo thread, but do buyers still get to choose a custom quote to get printed on their numbered plaque? If so, do we e-mail it to Kevin? Profanity okay?

As far as I know, it's still an option to have your name or a quote added to the plaque (it was a long time ago, but there was a part where you emailed your name and/or quote you wanted on the pin; so I would just email Kevin with what you're looking for). The profanity part I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will have the "Bunch'a slack-jawed faggots around here" on their plaque (which would be fun to try an explain if you ever had to sell )

#6165 6 years ago
Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

Thanks for the detailed feedback Kevin!
I personally don't care about clear vs. colored inserts... don't matter to me, use your best judgment.
I would like some additional UV lights near the center of the board to make sure preds face is lit up near the center.
Game looks great! Now get off the internet and get back to work!!!

This is a good idea, maybe in the apron facing out toward the flippers.

#6166 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I have to agree with spfxted. We're all anxious, I for one. I would say depending on where you are with production parts etc... I would take in one more round of suggestions from those who put down deposits. I have followed you guys from the beginning and although I do understand not all great ideas can be incorporated, a few may be an eye opener and seal the deal for those already in and those anxious to sign up on the waiting list.
I for one would be willing to pay extra as parts and accessories if it included huts for the caps (designed by Matt) Chopper, maybe some tripod M16's, lasers... shooting within the forrest of plastics. I know you want to be fair with the pricing that you quoted and I support and appreciate it very much... but give me options and I'm in for throwing some more cash your way! I'm willing to wait on my game being built if needed if more is incorporated... just throwing that out there!
Keep up the great work!

I agree and would absolutely pay more to have some additions. I like the huts idea also and a chopper.

#6167 6 years ago

I may also have my artist friend paint this for me so I can have an alternate translite made.

Predator art.jpg
#6168 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I for one would be willing to pay extra as parts and accessories if it included huts for the caps (designed by Matt) Chopper, maybe some tripod M16's, lasers... shooting within the forrest of plastics.

They're called mods and lots of people make them and add them to games after manufacture. There's nothing to stop anyone from doing whatever they want, but why does it have to be SkitB's job to get these things made and available? Is it that you want the 'official' factory chopper and lazer? That starts getting dangerously close to Pro vs LE, where the company is tacking on walmart toys and adding to the cost. Then those who don't feel like shelling out for the extra stuff will be told they have the inferior version because it's missing 'toys'. I'm hoping to avoid this type of thing with SkitB.

#6169 6 years ago

Makes sense. I'm sure the mods will be flying ( ) when this comes out...

#6170 6 years ago

I like that laser idea. Maybe someone can come up with a miniaturized shoulder cannon mod that projects the 3 lasers and sweeps the playfield during hunt mode.

#6171 6 years ago

Half the fun of a new pin is finding new useless junk, I mean cool mods, for it... at least for me. I have never had a NIB before, but since I'm not the most proficient pinball owner yet and just know how to clean and change bulbs and do minor maintenance, I always like finding target decals, protectors, new LEDs, toppers, etc for mine. Heck, half the fun of having Jurassic Park was adding the dinos and getting posters for the wall.

I already have my Predator toppers wrapped up for Christmas with a "from Santa" tag on them. I'm ready. Let's mod this sucker.

#6172 6 years ago

3 lasers and sweeps the playfield during hunt mode.

Hunt Mode

hunt mode.gif
#6174 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Half the fun of a new pin is finding new useless junk, I mean cool mods, for it..

I'm in the same boat. I had talked to Mezel about printing or molding the hut tops for the pops and would be a very easy mod to put into the game. I'm sure someone will come up with a great chopper mod for those that want it, same for the triple dot laser, etc. Maybe even create a new overlay to cover up the jelly skull with the other example that was shown

In this day with 3D printing, you could likely have someone printing up new hanging bodies to mod the original idea even farther without (hopefully) breaking the bank on price.

#6175 6 years ago

I like that laser idea. Maybe someone can come up with a miniaturized shoulder cannon mod that projects the 3 lasers and sweeps the playfield during hunt mode.

I have an idea like that which I might try. Like the lasers sweep down the playfield as if they're targeting the player. They would stop at the apron. Then a bright red light shines at the player, as if the laser is pointed right in their eyes. That would be a cool start to multiball. Probably scare the crap out of the player the first time they see it.

#6176 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

those who don't feel like shelling out for the extra stuff will be told they have the inferior version because it's missing 'toys'. I'm hoping to avoid this type of thing with SkitB.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not, but the game is coded to handle turning on a laser pointer at strategic points during gameplay. This information won't be widely covered, but it will be available. Check the lamp matrix in the manual to see what I'm talking about, when the time comes.

Quoted from jonnyo:

I have an idea like that which I might try. Like the lasers sweep down the playfield as if they're targeting the player. They would stop at the apron. Then a bright red light shines at the player, as if the laser is pointed right in their eyes. That would be a cool start to multiball. Probably scare the crap out of the player the first time they see it.

I have to strongly recommend against using the lasers inside the playfield. Putting a laser like that in between a sheet of glass and a polished playfield will have the light going pretty wild, and will definitely still have the ability to cause eye damage and such. Keeping the laser out of the machine somewhere will at least let you control the light a little bit after it leaves the pointer.

#6177 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

They're called mods and lots of people make them and add them to games after manufacture. There's nothing to stop anyone from doing whatever they want, but why does it have to be SkitB's job to get these things made and available? Is it that you want the 'official' factory chopper and lazer? That starts getting dangerously close to Pro vs LE, where the company is tacking on walmart toys and adding to the cost. Then those who don't feel like shelling out for the extra stuff will be told they have the inferior version because it's missing 'toys'. I'm hoping to avoid this type of thing with SkitB.

Thanks, I'm aware of what they are called as I've spent plenty on my machines and buying them from various mod designers and I have no problem buying them from PR, Hooked, Matt, etc... if in the end what we see is what we get then I'm happy to mod the game myself. I don't think a suggestive post with ideas necessary deserved so many ?'s. As I mentioned...nobody is forced to buying anything. With a limited run of 250 I would call it an LE with or without toys.

#6178 6 years ago

I'm voting for colored inserts too. Also, CHOPPA on the pf is a great add on afterwards.

Laser pointers you say? Did you ever actually get them hooked up and triangulated? Sounds awesome!!

#6179 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I have to strongly recommend against using the lasers inside the playfield. Putting a laser like that in between a sheet of glass and a polished playfield will have the light going pretty wild, and will definitely still have the ability to cause eye damage and such. Keeping the laser out of the machine somewhere will at least let you control the light a little bit after it leaves the pointer.

I wouldn't do anything that has a risk of cooking someone's retina. Don't worry. I have a lot of experience with lasers and have seen many films with laser effects.

I'm shopping for lasers right now. Does anyone know the difference between a milliwatt and a megawatt?

#6180 6 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I'm shopping for lasers right now. Does anyone know the difference between a milliwatt and a megawatt?

You need at least 1.21 Gigawatts

#6181 6 years ago

Clear/Khaki inserts, finally made up my mind on which looks best

#6182 6 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

few Hueys off ebay, the corgi ones are diecast 1/48 scale (about 25cm long) which may be a bit big but who knows as its quite a big space to fill of where people seem to be saying theyd put it

This ones sweet, could add a red led in the cab and wire it in to hunt mode.

http://www.micromacromundo.com/forces_of_valor_84001_us_uh1d_huey.asp

Get to the Choppa!

#6183 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

I don't think a suggestive post with ideas necessary deserved so many ?'s. As I mentioned...nobody is forced to buying anything. With a limited run of 250 I would call it an LE with or without toys.

Didn't mean to single you out really. This same thing has been suggested in this thread numerous times so I wanted to state how I felt about it.

#6184 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Didn't mean to single you out really. This same thing has been suggested in this thread numerous times so I wanted to state how I felt about it.

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I know bringing up ideas is somewhat a sensitive subject considering we have all been on this ride together with one goal in mind, and i hope i speak for everyone who's in, that there will be one hell of a pin arriving at our doorstep soon!

#6185 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well there are not very many shots but from my understanding it has deep rules. I just hope it has good replay value or will we get bored with the limited shots? Only time will tell.

Actually thats about my only concern right now!

#6186 6 years ago

I dont know if it was answered here or not but is the spine on the skull going to line up over the VUK?

#6187 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I dont know if it was answered here or not but is the spine on the skull going to line up over the VUK?

Yes by moving the vuk wireform down slightly i think...

#6188 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Yes, they will address that and the Hanging Half Man

#6189 6 years ago

After reading some more in the thread about insert colors, I have to say that the red/green/yellow insert combination from earlier playfields IS somewhat disjointed and too 'skittles'. I still think a mix of both clear and red inserts would be best, maybe 1 or 2 that are green or blue or something. You could use red in places where it is kind of a pinball standard, like for lit jackpots and the like. Maybe clear for anything that wouldn't be so standard so that it's open to customization.

#6190 6 years ago

So the color of the LED will come through a khaki insert unchanged? This is my main concern really, is that all the light will look "khaki" colored, lol.

Im looking over the playfield at the inserts and their labels, throughout pinball history i think we've come to identify certain colors to mean certain things for the most part, like red for jackpots and green for locks etc.

Here's the shot layout and their labeled inserts (excluding the arrow insert)

Left Orbit - Jackpot, Mode
Left Ramp - Jackpot, Lock
Right VUK - Super Jackpot, Extra Ball, Mode Start, Multiball Start
Right Ramp - Jackpot, Mode
Right Orbit - Jackpot, Mode
Right Eject - Mystery, Lock

I thinks thats all pretty standard, although im not quite sure what "mode" means on 3 of the shots, im assuming that insert will be lit when that shot needs to be hit for a particular mode, this makes me wonder how the left ramp, vuk, and eject inserts will be lit during a mode, since they dont have a "mode" insert

Im sure these are things that will all be more clear when we get to play the game.

#6191 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

So the color of the LED will come through a khaki insert unchanged? This is my main concern really, is that all the light will look "khaki" colored, lol.

That's one of the reasons I think they're cool. Look at the video, the color comes through fine. Anything could be lurking under those khaki inserts. I was surprised to see that the color appears totally unaffected.

#6192 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

That's one of the reasons I think they're cool. Look at the video, the color comes through fine. Anything could be lurking under those khaki inserts. I was surprised to see that the color appears totally unaffected.

The khaki inserts are growing on me I must admit. What about khaki for all the circles but some color on the center inserts?

#6193 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The khaki inserts are growing on me I must admit. What about khaki for all the circles but some color on the center inserts?

I think this might be good, I think the middle playfield inserts should be colored because its supposed to be the Predator's forearm device, which is all technologically advanced, definitely wouldnt have khaki

#6194 6 years ago

this is what Im hoping for too.

#6195 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I think this might be good, I think the middle playfield inserts should be colored because its supposed to be the Predator's forearm device, which is all technologically advanced, definitely wouldnt have khaki

I like this idea. Have colored inserts on the predators forearm device and clears on the rest.
I'm changing my vote to both!

#6196 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Actually what would be awesome IMHO is if the inserts in the forearm computer were inverted, so print dark on them to match the art around, with the text part left clear to light up. That's what the movie's computer looked like, dark squares with red alien writing lit up on them.

#6197 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually what would be awesome IMHO is if the inserts in the forearm computer were inverted, so print dark on them to match the art around, with the text part left clear to light up. That's what the movie's computer looked like, dark squares with red alien writing lit up on them.

That sounds cool.

Works for me. Shake on it?

#6198 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Second that. Awesome idea!

#6199 6 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

Second that. Awesome idea!

Third

#6200 6 years ago

Are there any lightshow in attractmode? - does not look like it in the video.

The alien letters or countdown in between the flippers - are they used for anything or (just) art?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9,500.00
$ 29.99
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 30.40
£ 12.00
$ 27.99
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 109.99
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside