View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.
#551 11 years ago

Lots of good info. Congrats on your success in filling all the sales!
Ps. Hope you got my personal info for the reservation of my game).

#552 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I just find it ironic that he's in here telling the SkitB boys how they lost a buyer, after they had already announced that they were sold out.
As for the criticism of the ramps, whatever. One man's opinion. Great. It could have been more constructive, but there's obviously an ax to grind. The continued keyboard diarrhea after no one else agreed with him is really funny, though. I love the "hive mentality" and "Pinside hype" straw men. 250 suckers vs. 1 enlightened, temporary black ramp hating, buddy of James', that felt he needed to carpet bomb the board with his very narrow complaint. How noble.

+250

#553 11 years ago

Don't think any magnets but I believe the said every toy will be interactive

#554 11 years ago

Interactive toys....thanks for a start.....with all these posts, no guesses, suggestions, ideas or inside info.......

#555 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Interactive toys....thanks for a start.....with all these posts, no guesses, suggestions, ideas or inside info.......

Back Alley is doing the toys. That is as much as i think we know atm. Thats good news as they do great work. Cant wait to see what they come up with.

#556 11 years ago

Not to go off topic but I received this gift at Expo from a friend. It will make a cool mod for my bar.
Kim

Predator.JPGPredator.JPG

#557 11 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I haven't even talked with the guy who will be making the toys yet, so we are still in the 'coming up with ideas' phase. We have a pretty solid rule, here, though, regarding the toys that will be going into the game: All toys, no matter what they are or where they are on the machine (playfield or not), WILL have something to do with the gameplay and WILL interact with either the player or the ball in some way.

^^ Skit-B quote from a couple months ago.

#558 11 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

^^ Skit-B quote from a couple months ago.

I like it! This keeps sounding better and better, I am not a huge fan of "decoration" toys.

#559 11 years ago

Oh crap!!
I have not PMd you all this time. Please find me a spot!!!!!!! PM sent with all my info.

Dang nabbit….

Dave O.

#560 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Oh crap!!
I have not PMd you all this time. Please find me a spot!!!!!!! PM sent with all my info.
Dang nabbit….
Dave O.

I am sure you will be fine on a reserve list as people will drop off list when time to pay up.

#561 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Oh crap!!

Dang nabbit…

I would email kevin@skitbpinball dot com directly. I think he said he prefers that.

Your slackin' Hwawonyu...

#562 11 years ago

Total space out...

#563 11 years ago

Now that the game is 'sold out', will there be any sort of confirmation email going out to the pre-orders? Do you still plan to have early games out at the end of the year? This seems like a very ambitious deadline considering all the work that still needs done. Can we get an updated photo or 2 of the playfield since the latest revisions? I am still not entirely clear on all the shots in the game, or the repositioning and tweaking that has taken place. Keep up the rock star work!

-Brian

#564 11 years ago

An updated playfield map is a good idea. We'll probably get something like that up in a few days.

We're also going to create a email mailing list for everyone on the pre-order to formally show production numbers and let everyone know directly when an update is made or posted.

#566 11 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We're also going to create a email mailing list for everyone on the pre-order to formally show production numbers and let everyone know directly when an update is made or posted.

Can you also show us where we are in the production order, so we will know when we have to happily start getting money together

thanks, Demian

#567 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Can you also show us where we are in the production order, so we will know when we have to happily start getting money together
thanks, Demian

You havent started???

#568 11 years ago

You havent started???

yes I started but the dang washer went out, so there went a chunk of the fund. Hell I will do what ever it takes to come up with the money, Just curious how hard and fast I have to try I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about it this year.

#569 11 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

yes I started but the dang washer went out, so there went a chunk of the fund. Hell I will do what ever it takes to come up with the money, Just curious how hard and fast I have to try I'm pretty sure I won't have to worry about it this year.

Yeah I think you have a couple of months.

Here's hoping that tax returns be fat

#570 11 years ago

Here's hoping that tax returns be fat

This will be my first year actually getting a return. Most of the time i owe a ton of money (nice job and no family, deductions, etc.). Finally got a house to my name and i hope the whole mortgage thing will help that.

All available money to the Pred fund!

#571 11 years ago

Don't you love when you have money saved up for a pin, then stupid things start to happen? Like tires needing replaced, the starter in your car going out, your dishwasher literally melting everything inside it and trying to burn down your house...

I'd love a production order number or estimate. I know I'm further down the list, but that just means there's more time for more crap to happen. image.jpgimage.jpg

#572 11 years ago

^LOL, very true

#573 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Don't you love when you have money saved up for a pin, then stupid things start to happen? ...

No kidding... my water heater just went out... another $1000 not going towards pinball...

#574 11 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

No kidding... my water heater just went out... another $1000 not going towards pinball...

Should of called me! In a plumber. I could of used tht 1000 to pay for my pred!

#575 11 years ago

Yea, it's always something. I had all the $ ready at the end of spring, then I needed about $1k work on my truck. Couldn't pass up deals on No Fear and Theatre of Magic over the summer. Then we had some plumbing problems at the house. Then the wife wanted to take a big vacation. There's not much left after all that, so likely a game will have to go when the time comes! You do what you gotta do.

#576 11 years ago

A slightly off-topic question. For those who signed up for Predator - I did -, are you also considering joining (or have you preordered) (an)other project(s) such as WOZ, P3, BHZA, Circe,...?

Me: Predator + Nemo... if I can afford it. Trying to save $ each month... with unexpected expenses showing up to ruin my plans

Which one are you expecting to be at home first ? - I was among the last 1/3 to sign up for Predator, so Nemo might be home first.

Can't wait for a Launch Party. I might organize a small tournament by the way. A neighbour signed up for WOZ, so that would make a fairly decent selection of recent pins.

#577 11 years ago

I'll be selling corvette to help fund so theres 1k (just need 3 more lol),worst case could always sell pirates.Thing is there in my local pubs paying for themselves before bringing them home,not to sure whetever I could put one of these out,would be a nervous wreck.Prob put Afm out instead as the cabinet isn't the best anyways.

Translucent/smoked green ramps on predator,any thoughts?

#578 11 years ago
Quoted from Montu32:

Translucent/smoked green ramps on Predator,any thoughts?

like what your thinking, maybe transparent green ramps so you can see through them

#579 11 years ago

I'm mortgaging my house!

#580 11 years ago

I got in on Predator but not the other projects (so far).

I was motivated by the theme. The price was also reasonable. No deposit made it an easy decision. I've since bought 2 machines (Tron and TOM). Depending on space I might sell the TOM when my Predator # comes up.

#581 11 years ago

I got in on BHZA and predator. No WOZ... doesn't do much for me.
I'm fairly confident ill see PRED before jpop's game... especially with mine being #3.
Either way, I'm in no rush for either. For me getting there is definitely half the fun and I look forward to tracking the development and continued dialogue with the Kevin and Aaron.
I only wish we had more of that on BHZA. However, I do appreciate the longer timeline and the instalment plan. Definitely takes some of the bite out of buying a $10K pin.

#582 11 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I'm mortgaging my house!

I'm selling my house to fund this my games room is heated just install a toilet and shower in an outhouse what more does a person need

#583 11 years ago

Compared to the smaller run goals of the other projects (WOZ excepted), 250 from Skit B is a huge accomplishment. Really shows the value of a license. We all rag on Stern for being license only, but obviously it's just cold hard math.

If this was just an unlicensed game being made in a garage called "Jungle Monster" and no "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" call outs, it would probably fall into the very limited boutique numbers.

#584 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

like what your thinking, maybe transparent green ramps so you can see through them

That's the word I was lookin for "transparent"

#585 11 years ago

I'd certainly like to see more about Circe! So far it looks great!

#586 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Compared to the smaller run goals of the other projects (WOZ excepted), 250 from Skit B is a huge accomplishment. Really shows the value of a license. We all rag on Stern for being license only, but obviously it's just cold hard math.
If this was just an unlicensed game being made in a garage called "Jungle Monster" and no "GET TO THE CHOPPA!" call outs, it would probably fall into the very limited boutique numbers.

Right but it's skits first pin. Stern has enough fanatics that they could sell out Jungle Monster without even showing a playfield.

On another note, for 10 grand, I'd expect a game to tickle my balls while I played it.

#587 11 years ago

Yes...but if you had a game called Mars Invasion and it played like AFM with all the new technology, cool toys, aliens, spaceships, monsters, etc.....I'm IN!

#588 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'd certainly like to see more about Circe! So far it looks great!

Circe is temporarily dead and replaced by Full Throttle, motorcycle theme.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-two-big-announcements-a-new-game-and-designer

Predator related: No, I am not signed up for anything else. This is probably my one and only NIB. I am also not allowed to look at CL, eBay, or anything for sale until then so that I can save up for Predator instead. I'm hoping to see a WOZ in Orlando, but the only way I'm going to get near one is if I can convince my parents to buy it. I'm working on it...

#589 11 years ago

Predator and Nemo for me. Stern seems to have stopped making things that interest me after Tron was done (and before).

#590 11 years ago

WOZ#812 for me (6/2011) and Predator#4 (responded within about an hour of his announcement on taking emails).

Thinking about Captain Nemo but I think the 18% tax and then freight will kill it for me.

Chris

#591 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I am not signed up for anything else. This is probably my one and only NIB. I am also not allowed to look at CL, eBay, or anything for sale until then so that I can save up for Predator instead.

^this

#592 11 years ago

Circe is temporarily dead and replaced by Full Throttle, motorcycle theme.

Hey!...that's good news! I have no interest in that theme. (even though I'm a rider!) I may have to look at that Dr. Who again.....

DILLON_predator.gifDILLON_predator.gif

#593 11 years ago
Quoted from system11:

Predator and Nemo for me. Stern seems to have stopped making things that interest me after Tron was done (and before).

Regarding Stern, same here except my last one was IM...liked Tron but didn't see anything compelling to buy another movie title.....nice looking pin though. If I hadn't bought IM when it came out I would have picked up Tron. Waiting for their new platform before I look at another Stern buy.

I "was" in on BHZA, but was put off by the NDA, the lack of information being shared, and that it would likely be 2014 before the pin was done.

WOZ, big no on the theme...maybe title 2. But title 2 not likely before 2014.

Predator, great theme and very fair price, no money down - looking promising but we'll see. #70

#594 11 years ago

The way my first pin hunt is going, Predator #201 may be here first! I am not in on any others.

#595 11 years ago

Only if it was based on the 90's pc game of the same name.

Full Throttle that is

#596 11 years ago

Got X-Men Pro and absolutely loving it. Not in on WOZ because the theme and look is just not for me. Also, not in on BHZA due to the price and very long wait before getting the pin you put a good amount of money down for already.

I am really rooting for Skit-B to pull this off and create a top notch pin. I think a magnet drop (ala TOTAN genie magnet) symbolizing the Predator taking a victim in the jungle area would of been one heck of an addition to the pin. Right now we have no real indication how any toys will look or interact with gameplay and it does not appear that there will be any magnets in this bad boy. I really like the stat track feature and UV lighting idea along with buttons to affect the outlane shots really cool stuff there. I love Skit-B's enthusiasm and hope they hit a home run with this one. Skit-B keeping the price well below many of the pins being released now not taking any money up front and the theme factored big in my interest to get Predator.

#597 11 years ago

You gotta keep in mind the cost of magnets.

That said, something like mist multi would be killer, except its being dragged up the playfield to the vuk

#598 11 years ago

Only Predator for me!

#599 11 years ago

You gotta keep in mind the cost of magnets. That said, something like mist multi would be killer, except its being dragged up the playfield to the vuk

I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cool feature like you and I brought up for magnet inclusion.

#600 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'd gladly pay a bit more to have a cool feature like you and I brought up for magnet inclusion.

+1

I don't want to see features compromised over a few bucks!

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.