View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 143.
#5851 10 years ago

For me...I just want an unmasked Predator in there somewhere....

#5852 10 years ago

Not only was the UV ink lightly applied, but also the UV light from those LEDs had to pass through the green glass 2x.

#5853 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

When you were gone Saturday a group of pre-order people walked over to your game, rigged up a high power UV lighting source, and put it directly onto the playfield. I was nearby when it happened so I filmed it. And yes, I was truly hoping to see something awesome.
We saw nothing.

No offense, but your picture makes it look like you were above the glass. Did you consider that it was probably filtering out the UV light?

Edit: Damn you Vid!!

#5854 10 years ago

The game did run at some point, did it not? Isn't it easy to see the UV effect then?

#5855 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No offense, but your picture makes it look like you were above the glass. Did you consider that it was probably filtering out the UV light?

This was my thought. If the paint is reacting with UVB you could giggle guffaw and laugh your ass off all day standing next to a bank of purple stadium lights and likely see bupkus change on the table, even if the layer was full strength.

I don't pretend to know anything about the tech on the paint, but no UVB is getting through that sheet.

EDIT: And yes, fairly sure pretty much everyone wanted / thought of a choppa. Would have preferred that for hole leading to the VUK, but the gigantic skull made that sort of impossible I think.

#5856 10 years ago

I'll start the few more months of animated Predator gifs.....

alien-gif-34.gifalien-gif-34.gif
#5857 10 years ago

"Stay tuned for scenes from the next CSI: UV Layer"

#5858 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Hmmmm. Interactive or not, I really like the idea of a "choppa" toy.
Has nobody thought of this yet???
I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere... amidst all the ponies and boobs

Haha. It's all over this and the other thread. Speculated it was one of the toys way back when it was a mystery. Figured there was two on the PF so no big deal. Don't think it'll be hard to find an aftermarket one to put in the game. Now getting the rotors to spin, that might be a challenge.

#5859 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

Throw some monkeys in there

Really? Monkeys?

#5860 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Really? Monkeys?

Flying monkeys?....

Must one up the WoZ. We gots flying monkeys, and GUNS!

#5861 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Edit: Damn you Vid!!

How do I know the UV got through?

The flippers glowed like none other.

Some of the things DID react to the UV light. Just not the playfield...

Believe what you wish. I was there.

In any case, excited to see finished product and hope it all turns great!

#5862 10 years ago

Glass typically filters out almost all of UVB, but not UVA. I'm not a scientist and I don't play one on TV, but what I'm saying is, IF the layer way there, and IF it reacts primarily with UVB you wouldn't see anything happen with your little lights pressed up against the glass.

For what it's worth.

#5863 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

How do I know the UV got through?
The flippers glowed like none other.
Some of the things DID react to the UV light. Just not the playfield...
Believe what you wish. I was there.
In any case, excited to see finished product and hope it all turns great!

Hopefully you Guys didn't take that black light into your hotel room and shine it around, ewww

#5864 10 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Hopefully you Guys didn't take that black light into your hotel room, ewww :lol

Ain't that the truth

#5865 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

HEY! Let's not be too hard on the boys!...remember...STERN does not have a working Star Trek LE at the show because of "issues".....just sayin'...

Yes but what they do have at least looks amazing!

#5866 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballConspiracy:

Yes but what they do have at least looks amazing!

Predator looks pretty amazing to me....

#5867 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Predator looks pretty amazing to me....

...and is priced a bit less than STLE...

#5869 10 years ago

The game is late but as far as I was concerned it's not unexpected. I suppose my feelings might be much different if I had a full deposit in, but at least for this $250 guy, I'm not losing sleep over it.

#5870 10 years ago

There's also UV-C, buts that's a whole nother conversation. A reaction of a UV paint is all dependent on what part of the spectrum of UV it was created to react to. The paint they put on the play field likely reacts to the type of uv light they installed. Just because it didn't react to the light in the video doesn't mean that there was no UV on the playfield. It could just mean it was not reacting to that particular light. What color we see is all about spectrum and this is even more the case involving colors that we have to "trick" our eyes into seeing.

#5871 10 years ago

I was at Expo as well and was looking forward to seeing/playing Predator. Really felt for the Skit team on the personal loss and game not working bad luck. I'm also pulling for these pinheads based on them being hobbyists like us and their passion for the silver ball.

My only comment is why wait for any "great reveals" at this point. Now is a time when they need to over communicate and show all. The competition just picked it up a notch and the battle for our wallet just amped up. Now is the time to show pics, video, final reveal. I really want to see the UV effect and by other posts so do most of you.

Totally pulling for the guys here - as are many. Talking to others on the show floor who are in on Predator, there was a big exhale based on what we saw/unable to see. Like to gasp in excitement at what is revealed sooner than later.

#5872 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

My only comment is why wait for any "great reveals" at this point.

I concur. This strategy, if it was a good one to begin with, blew up at expo. There is a ton of competition now for pin dollars as opposed to a year ago when I first got on the list.

#5873 10 years ago

Hey know what I was thinking? Put a little neodymium magnet in the head of that hanging body and it would wobble everytime the ball got near it.

#5874 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Hey know what I was thinking? Put a little neodymium magnet in the head of that hanging body and it would wobble everytime the ball got near it.

That sounds pretty cool to me.

#5875 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

That sounds pretty cool to me.

Here, let me help you with that, "That sounds like a pretty cool mod to me".

#5876 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

According to newton's laws, wouldn't it exert an equal and opposite physical force on the ball? Hardly ideal IMO.

#5877 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

According to newton's laws, wouldn't it exert an equal and opposite physical force on the ball? Hardly ideal IMO.

If the mount was good enough the magnet could be very small to get that body swining very well, and on a nice accurate shot it would have a completely negligible effect on the trajectory.

And if it was stronger? Well, some people are bitching about toys and randomization. So, there ya go.

#5878 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

the ball momentum, and playfield surface friction would lessen the result causing energy to be redirected to the weakest link, being the loose hinge of the body. if the ball was at a point of minimal movement (which can happen), the impact would be much more interesting. In such a case, could add some nice variability to the ball action (at least more than my wife)

#5880 10 years ago

Was at Expo. Was at Skit-B's seminar. Was on the hall floor watching quite a bit of Kevin's attempt to get the game running, actually saw the game running several times but never got to play it. Random thoughts/feedback here goes....

One of the main reasons I came to Expo was to see and play Predator, being a pre-orderee. I was honestly very giddy seeing the game for the very first time. The cabinet art is minimalist but absolutely stunning with the super clear coat. The red gloss armor is stunning as well, I loved it and that was a nice surprise. Gorgeous. The translite is somewhat plain when you consider other games (I know its by design, but I'd prefer something more detailed), and looked almost washed out if that makes any sense (but I believe there is more to see yet to come I thought I heard Kevin say something about LED lighting effects)... honestly I'm in the camp that would much prefer a full Predator "open face". I suspect we'll see something custom after the game ships. Regarding everything else, I echo what others have said.... I was disappointed not getting to see the game in action and play it for myself to finally justify and tip me over the "wait and see how it turns out" mindset. I'm still there unfortunately, but I am still feeling positive things will get there and still totally on board, and hopeful kinks are being worked out and the game improved and finalized. Bottom line, I will have to see and play it before I pay for it in full.

Regarding Kevin and his Mom whom I had the pleasure of sitting next to during the seminar (she's obviously very very proud of her son and rightly so, and told me three additional licenses have been secured already which is cool news!). Kevin seems like a very solid guy, and was obviously not happy about the situation. I'm sure inside he was absolutely mortified being in that situation, not what Skit-B was planning of course. The other tidbit I got from Mom was that the 2nd game will be more geared towards operators (with hopes to sell many more than the Predator run) and game three would again be more towards the collector (she said point blank, #3 is going to blow our socks off). Take that for what its worth but I love these kind of little morsels it makes you want to get behind them and root for their continued success.

So overall there are more things I like than dislike but with all the options out there right now, and very limited spots for games in my basement, have to weigh each purchase carefully. VERY VERY hopeful we see positive progress and detailed game play video very soon. Others have said and I totally agree -- Skit-B if you're reading this.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE over communicate with your customers from here on til the very first game ships! Its the very least you can do given all that's transpired in the past several days (I spent a lot of money to travel to Chicago and see/play your game and I had planned to pay the game off while there but didn't).

My .02. I am putting a photo up of myself holding the bloody skull and spine... that thing was pretty realistic not so sure it wasn't real.

predator.JPGpredator.JPG
#5881 10 years ago

That spine is gnarly!

#5882 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

It sounds good but if you get a flyer it's going to stick to it like glue!

#5883 10 years ago

Now that the disappointment has subsided (which was only as a result of too higher expectation & anticipation) I can conclude that this thing looks more badass than ever!

I normally prefer a back glass that has a lot going on...but this is just plain badass! This game will rock & I know I'll love it whenever I get it. Keep chipping away boys!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5884 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

It sounds good but if you get a flyer it's going to stick to it like glue!

Yeah, that would be a concern, but I think it depends on the size of the magnet and its placing. Even a tiny rare earth would get that thing swinging and pinballs are pretty heavy to snatch out of the air like that.

EDIT:

Quoted from carbonROD:I can conclude that this thing looks more badass than ever!

I agree. I really like the whole cabinet except the red armor. Maybe you have to see it in person. I'd have preferred a nice black myself. I think.

#5885 10 years ago

It seem to me the game he brought had never been played once before Expo.
the ramps would make game play physically impossible.

Did anyone see Aaron this weekend?
Odd that he was no where to be seen.

Regretfully I'm out of this project.
#250 will be available soon, I hope it goes to a good home or business.
Good luck in all your future projects Skit-B

#5886 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I agree. I really like the whole cabinet except the red armor. Maybe you have to see it in person.

I thought it looked great in person for what it's worth. Looked natural.

#5887 10 years ago

I must agree, I loved the look of the cabinet in person and the red trim really "completed it" for me. However, that being said, regrettably I have opted out of this project. I think Kevin and his team will continue to do great custom stuff in the future but for me personally right now I have other things I would like to pursue with the money that was originally dedicated to this game. And before anyone asks, no, it's not to fund an MM (since I can see some troll saying that, lol). As soon as Kevin issues the refund then #69 will be available again. Go get it fellas! Best of luck to Skit B and everyone in on this project!

#5888 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I must agree, I loved the look of the cabinet in person and the red trim really "completed it" for me. However, that being said, regrettably I have opted out of this project. I think Kevin and his team will continue to do great custom stuff in the future but for me personally right now I have other things I would like to pursue with the money that was originally dedicated to this game. And before anyone asks, no, it's not to fund an MM (since I can see some troll saying that, lol). As soon as Kevin issues the refund then #69 will be available again. Go get it fellas! Best of luck to Skit B and everyone in on this project!

Even if it was for MM, you shouldn't have to justify what you spend your money on.

#5889 10 years ago

so, with regards to UV... UV doesn't penetrate glass very well does it ? WikiPedia:

"Ordinary glass is partially transparent to UVA but is opaque to shorter wavelengths, whereas silica or quartz glass, depending on quality, can be transparent even to vacuum UV wavelengths. Ordinary window glass passes about 90% of the light above 350 nm, but blocks over 90% of the light below 300 nm"

So.. I'm not sure the guys with the UV strand of LED bulbs trying to get a sneak peak really was a valid test.

Disclaimer: I don't have a Predator on order (no interest in theme); was just thinking I know my transitions eye glasses never work in the car.

Disclaimer2: Oh, sorry.. didn't see that it was already mentioned / debunked.

#5890 10 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Regretfully I'm out of this project.

Quoted from fattrain:

However, that being said, regrettably I have opted out of this project

Happy trails guys. Monkey, If I stay on board I'll probably bring it to Tacoma at some point.

#5891 10 years ago

Open Letter to Skit-B:

Thank you for continuing your hard work on Predator.

I know that Expo wasn't the success that you had envisioned, but I have confidence that you will put out a great, independent game.

I know some have lost faith and are deciding to drop their pre-order. Please do not let that get you down. There are plenty of us on the buyers list who are still committed to your Predator vision.

Continue doing that voodoo that you do so well.

Signed,

#127 Predator

#5892 10 years ago

I thought the game was running on Saturday, wasn't it?

#5893 10 years ago

I can't say I wasn't disapointed at Skit-B this weekend. I drove in from kansas city specifically to check it out. It has come a long way since last year but it's just not quite there yet. I was fortunate to see the backbox lights be controlled with a remote to get different effects which was neat. I was also able to see some plasma DMD animations as Kevin was working on the machine which were greatly improved from last year. Luckily I was able to play it last year and it was pretty fun so that is keeping me in.

I agree that there needs to be more communications with us. We will understand if things get delayed or family emergencies occur.

I still have faith in Skit-b and want them to succeed, so am in for the long haul

#5894 10 years ago

I e mailed about purchasing this game last week but No one got back to me and through reading this thread here I seen that they are very much sold out. The UV feature is what sold me I was intrested untill I seen the game pics on here. Now with that said I LIKE the theme and should have realized it would be "graphic" LOLOL. It is a little to graphic for family game room However I am really pulling for the completion and seeing the gameplay "vicariously through other's posting" I think this will be a great game! I look forword to seeing what's next! Keep up the good work

#5895 10 years ago

Check this out another pinsider attacks Predator

#5896 10 years ago

^^^ That is disgusting on so many levels. Hope they catch the creep and if that was MY kid caught in the cross fire he would be wishing he NEVER even got out bed! I hope they are both ok. You just cant fix a** hole!

That costume is pretty amazing!

#5897 10 years ago

I'm still on board, and not worried at all.

Sure, things weren't working at this expo....but at EVERY show I've been to in the past year+ the Predator had been up and running.

I've got to play it in various forms...and while it hasn't been perfectly polished, I could tell how it would play. Just because it had issues in ONE show out of many, I'm not exactly hitting the panic button.

The game looks great. I can tell that it will play great. The dots and sounds are fantastic. The theme is so completely kickass.

One hiccup at one show when the designer is going through significant personal stuff? Whatever...I'm not worried at all.

I'm certainly not bailing. I've seen hot projects before...and this one is HOT.

Pete

#5898 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

why wait for any "great reveals" at this point. Now is a time when they need to over communicate and show all.

I agree 100%. The dark side of building excitement is a lesson certainly learned over here, and we are past the sweet-spot for information-dripping. Honestly, I am very much over the idea of keeping people in the dark until a "big reveal." This project was much more interesting and fun when I was considerably more involved with the community.

Quoted from Xerico:

I know some have lost faith and are deciding to drop their pre-order. Please do not let that get you down.

People leaving is definitely disappointing, but it isn't like an avalanche of pre-orders are dropping out, thankfully. The waitlisters that get on board will be absolutely thrilled they found a spot, especially two highly-coveted numbers such as #250 and fattrain's infamous #69.

Quoted from vster23:

I was also able to see some plasma DMD animations as Kevin was working on the machine which were greatly improved from last year.

The plasma display really does make a huge difference. We all somehow knew it would, but now we've managed to find an affordable way to add it to the game without adding cost to the unit as a whole or stepping on any toes with Williams/Stern engineers. The new gameplay videos coming from us will focus on strongly showcasing this advancement.

Quoted from carbonROD:

Now that the disappointment has subsided (which was only as a result of too higher expectation & anticipation) I can conclude that this thing looks more badass than ever!

Now that this expo is behind us, I am in high spirits and I continue looking to the very near future. Through all of the chaos of this weekend, I wasn't able to really take in what has been accomplished on this machine or drive the consumer focus towards the giant amounts of great news that surrounds it. The consensus towards the look of the game is overwhelmingly positive. There has been an immense amount of pride poured into this game from countless colleagues and professionals, and it really shines because of it. Matt from BackAlleyCreations has done some of the best work I've ever seen for this game, and Noah Fentz of VirtuaPin has obviously knocked this one out of the park, along with many other local folks who helped make this happen. This is definitely a professional-grade title at the very least on-par with the industry standard, and in many ways above and beyond.

Now that the dust has settled, I can finally catch my breath and share the revelation that I now have a release-candidate Predator machine in my shop to tweak and finalize. No more speed-builds in preparation for an expo, no more robbing used parts from an old basket in the back room, no more "this should work for the weekend" moments. Everything in this game was made for it. Every part is brand new. Every mechanism both fits perfectly and works perfectly. The playfield is smooth as glass, the coils are stronger than any I've ever seen, the shots are butter-smooth, the lights are bright and the sounds are loud and clear. Best of all, I can simply flip the power switch and the game is up an running in seconds all by itself with no PC tower or laptop to mess with.

Make no mistake: this game is a conglomeration of nothing but the best in the industry offering their best efforts and products to make the best game possible, and absolutely nothing less. With everything coming together as well as it is, we are certainly in the home-stretch and will be getting real production off the ground in a matter of a few short weeks.

#5900 10 years ago

Can I switch my number to 69 please. That was my original request, followed by 250.

Actually I think I asked for 420 but it does not exist

I would prefer either 69 or 250 over my current number.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.