View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 143.
#5801 10 years ago

My question is, why spend time on Sonic the Hedgehog pin if predator wasn't ready?

#5802 10 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

My question is, why spend time on Sonic the Hedgehog pin if Predator wasn't ready?

No shit!

#5803 10 years ago

I was always 100% in, but now I am wavering. What is going on here? A few pics, no video, has anyone played the game? No one reporting on game play. WTF??

#5804 10 years ago

I just thought I'd point out that I really hate that apron lol. I know it's minor but just thought I'd put that out there.

#5805 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I just thought I'd point out that I really hate that apron lol. I know it's minor but just thought I'd put that out there.

get centerflank to sign it

#5806 10 years ago

What the hell? I don't understand how they didn't put it on their website. I'm in til the end and very hopeful that my deposit and patience have been worth it.

#5807 10 years ago

I just got report from expo that Predator is still not working.

Don't kill the messenger, just reporting what was told to me by someone on site. I am not happy to hear this.

Here is what I was told by an unbiased friend>>>

"Nothing about it is good news at this point. The ramps rejected almost every shot, and then if you did make a ramp it would fly off the side. None of the vuks worked, he kept pulling the balls out of them with a magnet on a stick. The centers targets were getting destroyed in a hurry by direct hits. Embarrassingly bad."

#5808 10 years ago

apparently the game was put in to attract mode and left at that...

#5809 10 years ago

there's plenty of time for crying after we HEAD FOR THA CHOPPA !!!!!

predator-Anna-cry.jpgpredator-Anna-cry.jpg
#5810 10 years ago

Well that doesn't sound reassuring.

#5811 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just got report from expo that Predator is still not working.
Don't kill the messenger, just reporting what was told to me by someone on site. I am not happy to hear this.
Here is what I was told by an unbiased friend>>>
"Nothing about it is good news at this point. The ramps rejected almost every shot, and then if you did make a ramp it would fly off the side. None of the vuks worked, he kept pulling the balls out of them with a magnet on a stick. The centers targets were getting destroyed in a hurry by direct hits. Embarrassingly bad."

Well.

Shit.

This day just keeps getting better. I need to come up a bit. Can I give anyone $5 to kick me right in the fucking nuts?

#5812 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's working at least somewhat now.

That giant bulldog head holding the cup of coffee is me.

#5813 10 years ago

Yeah, well just imagine how the SkitB boys feel about it. As disappointed as I am to hear this, I'm especially bummed for them.

#5814 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, well just imagine how the SkitB boys feel about it. As disappointed as I am to hear this, I'm especially bummed for them.

Brutal.

#5815 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I really feel bad for those guys as well......I'm just gonna consider my $250 as a donation to pinball development and a great effort by these guys and move on, look how hard it was for JJP to get a pin out the door with a full blown factory and programmers.....I hope they have success, never give up...!

#5816 10 years ago

The radio silence from Skit-B is disturbing as well, although they have their hands full. I'm still hopeful it'll all come together in the end and be the game we all want it to be. They must feel some pressure to get it out the door before too long though.

#5817 10 years ago

I spoke to Kevin today. They haven't given up, far from it. Some shit happened the past few days that was un expected and they are moving forward. The team is working their ass off on this project. StarFox and Sonic was filler work to keep them occupied while waiting for vendors etc. Everyone knows what Jack went / is going through, this shit takes time. Am happy that I wasn't able to play Predator this weekend? No of course not I was really looking forward to it. Could they have communicated a bit better sure......but they are working on like 3 hours of sleep this week and I personally decided to cut them some slack. Their enthusiasm for pinball speaks for itself and they are fully committed.

On a side note, they are working on fixing the vertebrae so that it is lined up with the skull.

One unrelated side not Centerflunk loves beer!

Edit: the visorboy pictured is Centerflank.

20131019_200641.jpg20131019_200641.jpg

#5818 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

StarFox and Sonic was filler work to keep them occupied while waiting for vendors etc.

This is pretty good to hear. I just figured that the prototype would have been tried and true, but shit happens. Looking forward to hearing from them here at some point.

(Now, please dispose of that visor in your nearest trash receptacle.)

#5819 10 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

I spoke to Kevin today. They haven't given up, far from it. Some shit happened the past few days that was un expected and they are moving forward. The team is working their ass off on this project. StarFox and Sonic was filler work to keep them occupied while waiting for vendors etc. Everyone knows what Jack went / is going through, this shit takes time. Am happy that I wasn't able to play Predator this weekend? No of course not I was really looking forward to it. Could they have communicated a bit better sure......but they are working on like 3 hours of sleep this week and I personally decided to cut them some slack. Their enthusiasm for pinball speaks for itself and they are fully committed.
On a side note, they are working on fixing the vertebrae so that it is lined up with the skull.
One unrelated side not Centerflunk loves beer!

20131019_200641.jpg 2 MB

Cheers dude. At this point event he news about the vertebrae is calming.

#5820 10 years ago

The problems with Predator seem far bigger than a personal emergency a few days before expo would have created. I hate being told that I need to keep the faith. Faith should have nothing to do with it. This was the time to lay it all out there and lock it down, full steam ahead to production.

I'm bummed. bummed for the boys, bummed for us, bummed for everyone who wanted this to go another way. oh well.

#5821 10 years ago

2014 for sure (maybe)

#5822 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The problems with Predator seem far bigger than a personal emergency a few days before expo would have created. I hate being told that I need to keep the faith. Faith should have nothing to do with it. This was the time to lay it all out there and lock it down, full steam ahead to production.
I'm bummed. bummed for the boys, bummed for us, bummed for everyone who wanted this to go another way. oh well.

From what Kevin told me yesterday when I asked about whether there were transportation issues it seems that before they put the machine together to bring to the show something went wrong and it fell off the rotisserie. I dunno what was damaged but this could certainly affect their ability to get everything working here at the show.

#5823 10 years ago
Quoted from screen:

From what Kevin told me yesterday when I asked about whether there were transportation issues it seems that before they put the machine together to bring to the show something went wrong and it fell off the rotisserie. I dunno what was damaged but this could certainly affect their ability to get everything working here at the show.

Riiiiight. Sorry guys.

#5824 10 years ago

HEY! Let's not be too hard on the boys!...remember...STERN does not have a working Star Trek LE at the show because of "issues".....just sayin'...

#5825 10 years ago

Trust Ted.

Man. And then my five year old busted a god damned CF light all over the carpet just now. Ever try to clean up mercury dust and powder size glass out of thick carpet? Christ on a cracker, what witch did I piss off this week?

I've been holding out for our vacation coming up in a few weeks but I think I might just knock a few back tonight. Anyone?

#5826 10 years ago

I'm on call and I'm drinking. Go ahead.

Also, shopvac?

#5827 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

And then my five year old busted a god damned CF light all over the carpet just now.

Now you have your very own Superfund site.

Carpets/Area Rugs:
If a CFL breaks on carpeting or area rugs,
it can be either treated in place or
removed from the home.

The small amount mercury inside of a CFL
can penetrate carpet and continue to be
emitted at very low levels for a long time.
This may continue even after the initial
clean up.

If a CFL breaks on carpeting,
consider removing the section of carpet
where the breakage occurred, especially if
young children or pregnant women
frequently use this room.

If the bulb
breaks on an area rug, consider discarding
the entire rug.

Disposal &Transportation After Removal

Dispose of a carpet/area rug
contaminated by a broken CFL by
carefully rolling it up and placing it in a
large plastic bag. You can also use
several plastic bags duct taped together
to wrap around the carpet. Place it in an
outdoor trashcan right away.

If you will be transporting it to the
dump in your vehicle, keep it outside
until you make the trip. Make sure the
rug is wrapped in plastic so it cannot
contaminate your vehicle.

http://www.ct.gov/dph/lib/dph/environmental_health/eoha/pdf/cfl_fact_sheet.pdf

#5828 10 years ago

Never.

That spreads the Mercury all through the house.

#5829 10 years ago

I'm as disappointed as everyone else. Of course, these guys started this project with no funding, no deposits, no history, no employees, nothing. They have come a long way from the white wood days.

Enthusiasm does seem to have dampened a bit with many. Things have changed a lot from 18 months ago in the industry and this game still feels long away. That said, I'm sticking in the project; I think in the end they will deliver; it will just take more time.

#5830 10 years ago

If it ain't broke, it ain't pinball - JJP

It sucks they did not get it working until late in the eve, but there were plenty of other games shut off in the hall because they were broken too.

#5831 10 years ago

Production #22
I'm still excited about Predator!

#5832 10 years ago

Thanks for all the support, everyone. I apologize for the radio silence, as it was referred to, but I have simply been too busy working on the game to be active in the preceding weeks. The expo hall is closed for the banquet, which I guess is going to be a regular thing now, and they simply will not allow me into the vendor area to work on the game. I will be back up there shortly when they reopen to get back to work.
It is no secret that this expo has already been disastrous for us, but there are some things I think that need to be addressed. First of all, I don't know where the notion of clearcoat killing the UV came from, but it's not true at all. The UV works fine and the clearcoat is flawless, even though it is technically still curing on the game because it is so fresh. The UV layer on this playfield is lighter than a production game, as we have never tried it on a full scale.
While it is true that Iost someone close to me this week, and I truly appreciate the well-wishes from everyone, I would have rather kept that off of the forums. This definitely had an impact on the progress of this build, but it seems like an excuse is being made and that isn't the case.
The website was bared and changed to allow for a big unveiling, which was waiting for this build, so it is coming. Many website plans were addressed at the seminar, as well, including customer polls and suggestions and a complete player's guide for Predator.
This build should have come together months ago, and I apologize to everyone who was on pins and needles waiting for the big reveal we've been promising. I would be lying if I said these delays were expected, and they are unacceptable; people are literally losing their jobs over this debacle.
It certainly sucks for us as a company to have a less-than-stellar expo appearance, but I'm taking this hit extremely personally. There are a lot of people who want to play Predator here at expo, but many of them which I consider friends or personal acquaintances are here, as well, and I had to let them go home without playing the machine at all and that absolutely kills me. People like Chris and Demian who I only get a chance to really see at expos, and Marc, who has been somewhat attacked on the forums for being overly critical, came all the way here from Texas just to see this game and was a very down-to-earth guy who honestly seemed like he was looking for more reasons to like the game. Personal apologies to all you guys.
The setbacks are many with this build, but with these setbacks come a lot of great announcements, as well!
Body toy is ineractable and swings with ramp shots.
Spine will be adjusted to fit on top of the vuk.
Powder coated cabinet trim is standard on the machine now.
Claw toy now "snaps" more than "diverts."
Coil strength is through the roof and flippers on this game can be set to ridiculous levels of power.
With the flippers dialed-in, sloppy shots are no longer an issue.
Plasma display is also now a standard item. Those who have seen it can attest that it is a marked improvement over the led displays were were using before.
Custom ball launch button is a standard item, as well.
Plastics add the depth to the playfield that it needed. Feels much more complete now.
Final big announcement is that this build is made exclusively from brand new parts manufactured for us. Once we have a chance to spend some time with the game and test everything thoroughly, the orders go out and the countdown to production begins!
At any rate, what you've all been waiting for is on its way. I'm sorry it wasn't here for you this weekend, but we now have the tools and means to make it happen more quickly than ever before.

#5833 10 years ago

Bravo

#5834 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Kevin. Please know that although there are some frustrations being expressed most of us are still pulling for Skit-B's success and great anticipation to get the pin in our homes. So sorry to hear about your loss wish you and the family the very best. Keep your head up buddy us pinball addicts want to see you all hit this out of the park!!

#5835 10 years ago

Thank you Kevin!! Sets me and a lot of us at ease I'm sure.

Awesome news about the hanging body! Was really what I was hoping for.

I'm willing to wait until you get this machine the way you envisioned it.

#5836 10 years ago

Kevin looked so focused that I didn't even want to stop him to introduce myself, but then he stopped what he was doing to look up and say something nice to a small child who was obviously getting ready to grow up to be a pinhead. No real point to my story I guess, but I imagine it's stressful to have your game on the floor not working like you know it should, and he seemed to be handling it like a champ.

#5837 10 years ago

Possible to be working on Sunday?

#5838 10 years ago

Thanks Kevin. Sh**t happens, we all know that. Exciting times, but also hard times.

Give us regular feedback! Antonio from Quetzal is sending emails to each client every month or so. Not going into the details, but he did experience major setbacks too.

#5839 10 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

The UV works fine and the clearcoat is flawless, even though it is technically still curing on the game because it is so fresh. The UV layer on this playfield is lighter than a production game, as we have never tried it on a full scale.

Now before you read what I am about to say I want you to know something.

I am pulling for you guys... and I want this to work. For you all, for your pre order customers, and for pinball. Its a great thing you are doing, and there is absolutely no question that you are passionate about your product. I can understand how this weekend has been frustrating, and I think you have handled it well both in person and online.

But I dont believe that there is any UV whatsoever on the playfield at EXPO.

When you were gone Saturday a group of pre-order people walked over to your game, rigged up a high power UV lighting source, and put it directly onto the playfield. I was nearby when it happened so I filmed it. And yes, I was truly hoping to see something awesome.

We saw nothing.

This light was intense, powerful, and pointing directly down onto the playfield. It was more direct on the payfield art than your lights on the side of the cabinet would have been if we ever saw them on.

UV PREDATOR-277.jpgUV PREDATOR-277.jpg
Full Video Link - http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/39973100

I have no problem with someone saying "Hey guys, we didnt get to it yet." or "Hey guys, its not ready". But to see you say "The UV works fine" man... its just not true.

Nothing showed up. Nothing at all.

And please... please... if I am wrong (and actually, I hope that I am) post a pic/video of it in action and say "get lost dude" and I will certainly edit my entire post for you.

Once again, best of luck to you and your team, and I really hope this gets polished out and into a badass pinball machine for everyone. It looks sick from the outside if you ask me.

#5840 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Nothing showed up. Nothing at all.

I see a hand!

#5841 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Kevin looked so focused that I didn't even want to stop him to introduce myself, but then he stopped what he was doing to look up and say something nice to a small child who was obviously getting ready to grow up to be a pinhead.

The little boy, probably not quite a year old, noticed that I dropped a ball on the floor when I lifted the playfield up and became almost obsessed with letting me know that it had fallen. He was so intent on it that I picked it up and handed it to him to inspect. When his family tried to give it back, he became somewhat fussy, so I assured them it wasn't a big deal. He signed a thank you (yes, for real!) and they all continued on their way. Was a pretty cool moment, actually.

As far as the UV test, it's not as black and white as "it's not there" or "it works fine." I should have said "the technology works fine," as the layer on this playfield was very lightly applied. I will post a bunch of pictures when I get back home and get to take it all down again, along with some of our test planks to show the potential.

#5842 10 years ago

Thanks for the update Kevin. We are all disappointed but I really feel for you guys as it must have been especially frustrating and stressful.
I didn't particularly like the first pics I saw but think it's growing on me and I'm really starting to like it a lot.
The plastics look great and really give a jungle feel to it. Red trim is awesome and The skull and body better than I could have imagined,once it's fixed to sit over the ramp it will look amazing.
From what I could see from the display I think we are gonna be blown away.
Great job guys,don't rush. We can wait.Its pinball and we are in this hobby because we love and enjoy it.

#5843 10 years ago

UV NINJA DETECTIVES IN DA HOUSE.

#5844 10 years ago

I don't have a dog in this race besides being glad that there is another manufacturer on the scene with a reasonable price point to boot. That being said, here are some thoughts from an outsider:

1. Backbox art looks cool albeit a little simple. One feature that you have to have is a "blackout mode" where everything turns of EXCEPT for the red glowing of the Predators eyes. Perhaps at game start? With his clicking noise?

2. Playfield artwork looks very Data East. I don't love it but it is a nice return to the art of the hey day of pins.

3. The art on the plastics should be much more creatively done than just tree branches. Throw some monkeys in there, maybe a plastic of Arnold and Apollos arms locked from that famous scene. I dunno. Break it up besides the shrubbery.

4. Back of the playfield seems to have an awful lot hidden from view. That always sucks for a player.

5. That spine and skull should be wrapped around a functional wireform or something. Just sitting there is kinda lame. If they are "functional" my apologies

6. Lastly, if I may throw this idea out there...what about a 5 ball captive ball set of scoops. Each one you hit stops the predators wrist timer for a few more seconds.

Anyway, those are some thought from a guy on Ambien at 6am

#5846 10 years ago

Thanks for the posts Kevin.
I was having mixed emotions this week at expo.
On one hand I was really disappointed to not see the game at all on Thursday and then further upset at not being able to play it before leaving early Saturday for the 9hr drive back to Toronto.
However, I was pretty happy with the progression from the last build in Allentown (that I did get to play).
Of course a few things still need massaging and refinement. Matt across the aisle was also a big help in answering a few questions while Kevin was away.

I had a great time playing it earlier this year, so I can only assume this build is better.
We only got to talk for a couple of minutes before the SkitB seminar, but I have to admit that Kevin appeared to be taking everything in stride and handling the stress pretty well.

And Kevin, thanks for bringing those parts for me. I know you had a lot on your plate. I appreciate it.

Adriano

#5847 10 years ago

Kevin, speaking from my own perspective here. I think there would have been a lot less disappointment if there had been more communication over the last 6 months+. I nearly made the trip to expo myself with the big reason being to play Predator. I am sure there are others that went there for that reason too. The spring update was kind of dusted off and everyone was waiting faithfully in the dark for this to be the 'big reveal'. Delays don't bother me because this is a tremendous undertaking and everyone with any common sense about pinball knows sh** happens and things don't always go as planned. Just keep us in the loop! We may be able to handle the bad news better than you would expect and it's always better that it come from you than from random observers. I'm still hoping you guys can turn this all around.

On another note, yes, I did think the red trim looked pretty good. If you are going that route instead of stainless, how about adding some matching red t-moulding to the front of the backbox? That would be a super easy addition that would really make the game pop!

Brian

#5848 10 years ago

Kevin >> Looking forward to the big reveal from home base and lots of pictures to dispell the UV coat stuff. I feel for you guys and am sorry for your loss this past week.

Bakuspam >> I hope Kevin is able to put you in your place because I am rooting for them.
On the topic of all your ustreaming >>I know many people liked your video taping because it kept them up to date on expo, but stuff like this is pretty shady and I doubt the viewing public knows how you were going about it. I saw numerous times where you were videotaping and talking to people while holding your phone up videotaping and recording them without their knowledge. I suggest announcing to people FIRST and asking if you can 'interview them' before just doing it.

#5849 10 years ago

I love the plastics, really gives it that jungle feel.

The blood on the skull above the flippers should probably just be erased. No other problems with the art IMO.

The 'PREDATOR' text on the back of the playfield is redundant. The translight is plenty.

On a related note I would love to see a high quality helicopter toy. Maybe a helicopter that sticks out of the back of the playfield? Like only the front half emerges. If I had any art skills I would post a paint pic.

#5850 10 years ago
Quoted from Trace_on:

I love the plastics, really gives it that jungle feel.
The blood on the skull above the flippers should probably just be erased. No other problems with the art IMO.
The 'Predator' text on the back of the playfield is redundant. The translight is plenty.
On a related note I would love to see a high quality helicopter toy. Maybe a helicopter that sticks out of the back of the playfield? Like only the front half emerges. If I had any art skills I would post a paint pic.

Hmmmm. Interactive or not, I really like the idea of a "choppa" toy.
Has nobody thought of this yet???
I'm sure it's in the thread somewhere... amidst all the ponies and boobs

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.