Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 143.
#5751 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I'll take the clearcoat then.

Well obviously we would need a clearcoated playfield but the uv art was a big selling point for many and is really the only gimmick the game has. I hope they can figure out a solution.

#5752 6 years ago

I'm happy with the look and feel of the game as it stands. Other than the plastics, we knew already what it looked like months ago. I was never under the impression that the artwork would change. I think for the price these are going for, you can't go wrong.

#5753 6 years ago

My review. I like the Backbox , cabinet art and red trim. I like most of the play field art. Plastics are ok. Don't like the hanging body no being covered on top, don't like the spine twisted to the side. I still don't like the looks of the ramps. It better have the UV paint in the final version. Overall it's just ok cosmetically and seems unfinished. I hope I get to play it today cause if it plays well then all is good.

#5754 6 years ago

There's a lot of cool looking stuff here and the machine looks leagues better than it did at MPE a couple years ago...but those guys really need to make a different company logo. All I'm seeing is "Shit" written all over the machine.

#5755 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There are games with UV reactive playfields, like Scared Stiff and TFTC. There has to be a way to make it work through clear coat.

Good point - there are many different formulations for clearcoat that all react differently to different chemicals...

#5756 6 years ago

It's too bad it isn't running. I would have felt more confident in the whole operation if the game was being presented was something close to "final", since they're aiming at production very soon. Running off (or not) a laptop doesn't make me feel that.

We've been told for months that they were working hard towards expo. This was the big goal and debut. Feeling like it's still being cobbled together. Hearing that the clearcoat made the UV disappear.... what more surprises are there coming?

#5757 6 years ago

This games artwork should have been its best feature...

I saw it in Seattle and it was ugly then, and it's still terrible looking now...I feel bad for anyone still in on one...

#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

This games artwork should have been its best feature...
I saw it in Seattle and it was ugly then, and it's still terrible looking now...I feel bad for anyone still in on one...

1317614157745.jpg

#5759 6 years ago

Swasshole? That's not even a word...sweaty asshole??

It's ugly, anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. The plastics and playfield art are horrible, and the hanging guy and spine just look silly...

#5760 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It's ugly, anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. The plastics and playfield art are horrible, and the hanging guy and spine just look silly...

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from NFK:

» YouTube video

Haha this I like!!

I'm a fan of what SkitB is doing and of the theme, I just feel the artwork fell way short.

The dude rules BTW, thanks for the laugh

#5762 6 years ago

OK, a little refreshed after a nights sleep at home so I can provide some more thoughts.

This is just my OPINION. I will try to be clear with things I was told vs my own thoughts.

I am still really bummed that the game was not on and available for play last night (I had to leave at 10 so maybe they got it going by midnight). A large part of the reason I traveled to expo on Thursday and got a room was because I wanted to play predator.

I was told that they had a personal thing come up (IMHO >none of our business, but nice to know they had a reason) and it is just bad timing >> that is why they were still tweaking some code things at game time. A handful of other proc coders were helping out and brainstorming to help out which is a really cool micro-community that is within the larger pinball world (all though a little cut throat since they are also competitive).
I cut them slack for not having the game on, but THEY NEED TO WORK ON COMMUNICATION! A simple post to this thread say "hey guys just a heads up that we had a family issue and the game will not show up till Friday evening and we are frantically working out some bugs so it may not be playable" would have gone a long way for me personally.

I was told that what I see is what I will get for 90% of what is shown in current state. There are a few small differences for final pf art like black outlines in some spots and insert font? plus a few other small things. They have completed 'proof of concept' for the UV layer thing and it does work. The game they had at expo does not have the full UV effect in place but they said it does work really well on current pf versions not in games.

The cabinet is simply amazing. There is not much to say about it but it looks great and the red armor really looks great also. My only small thing is looking at the front of the game I can see the word "Predator" 3 times. Once on front panel, once on pf backboard, and once on translite. No big deal but I see a mod in my future for a new pf backboard decal (fire in the forest background?). Everything about the cab POPS and I actually think it ties in the pf artwork really well as the color pallet is perfect and complements the pallet in the game.

The new plasma DMD is great! No more stupid squares of dots. Animations look really nice and this is a HUGE positive for me. I was unable to catch and photos of animations as they were quickly flashing on screen while Kevin was test code tweaks.

The plastics look nice but as I said a bit cartoony. Without the game lit up and playing it was hard to get a real appreciation for them but I thing they added the needed depth of field and 'feel' of a forest. Colors on the plastics are very bright and vibrant. Black slings are just place holders for now. Final ones will have Arnold and predator I think.

Ramps are MUCH improved. The ramps are now tighter and higher pitched which should give more flow of the ball on return. The walls of the ramps are shorter and I like this. The ramps are made out of a thinker material and hence are slightly cloudy but not sure if these represent final design and final finish.

Matt's toys all look simply AMAZING. If the vertebrate can be redesigned to go over the VUK like originally intended then that would be best. If not then I will rip it out of my game as it looks silly twisted off to the side. The claw diverter looks very nice installed. I am under the impression that the hanging body bracket stuff is not final (you can see that wires and crap are just strung up in that area). Matt confirmed that the hanging body color will match skull when complete.

Code does not need to be talked about. It has not changed I assume and it has also been great from pretty much day 1.

Current summary. For $4750 this is an amazing game and I feel fortunate to be in on the list. I think anyone jumping ship at this point is just silly. I feel fully confident that the team has the ability to bring this product to a polished completion and produce the games. I have no idea on timing but my gut tells me that early orders may see a game late this year or early next year and that things will hit a few bumps after the first 20 go out (since those people will be final beta testers per say) and production will pick up after that stage.

#5763 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Swasshole? That's not even a word...sweaty asshole??

Where I come from game play and rule set take precedence over artwork which I think kicks ass anyway.

#5764 6 years ago

I like:

Red Trim
Plastics
Cabinet art
Toys

Things to improve:

Maybe a choice of bloody skull or not so bloody
Spinal chord on top of trail
Text in Inserts

I would guess a lot is going to change as far as some of the finer details.

Looking forward to seeing it working. Hopefully today.

Can someone take some good pics of the Sonic table?

#5765 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Where I come from game play and rule set take precedence over artwork which I think kicks ass anyway.

I agree, the layout and ruleset are the most important to me as well. I hope to play a fully working final version one someday

#5766 6 years ago

If anyone has any specific questions of my opinion on things I saw just ask me. I spent about 2 hours evaluating and hanging out watching Kevin work on stuff. I know it sounds lame but I find it interesting to just see behind the wall of what he was working on and was already burnt out on playing pinball since I had been playing from 8am-7pm already.

#5767 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I agree, the layout and ruleset are the most important to me as well. I hope to play a fully working final version one someday

Nah, you don't deserve to with that swasshole opinion

#5768 6 years ago

Thanks Whysnow. I (we) appreciate all the info/opinions.

There was talk of adding something at the back of the game that would show how many times you've hit each shot, essentially your progress towards the 'Killing Spree' mode (I believe its called), any word on anything like that?

The pinballnews write up said Kevin thinks we're 6 to 12 weeks away from games being built.

#5769 6 years ago

As long as it flows great, has the software as promised on earlier vids theres nothing I see that wouldn't make me buy it. That mostly because by the time it gets to me here in the UK it will cost almost HALF what a new pin normally costs here.

#5770 6 years ago

from what i can see;
hope it's not the final position for the led strip, if so it needs to be cover.
bumper caps gotta go, i agree it should be huts of some kind. enough green/teal on the playfield already, needs to pop out. same thing for the posts
backglass was better before.
hanging body look weird, out of place, doesn't seems to do much.
i really don't see the need for the big skull (the big white skull is already on the playfield).
the predator's weapons, where are they?
what's going on with the inserts? (fonts, colors)
red trims are nice but metal of some kind is a lot better in my opinion for this theme.
no toys. no spinners, all i see is 2 standup targets, ramps and an outhole.

cab look prefect.
dmd look really good.

cosmetically it needs a lot of works. my personal opinion.

#5771 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

There was talk of adding something at the back of the game that would show how many times you've hit each shot, essentially your progress towards the 'Killing Spree' mode (I believe its called), any word on anything like that?

I did not see anything like that since i was unable to play but I think the code shows that in status update when holding the flipper??? I think it has been like that for a while?

#5772 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Thanks Whysnow. I (we) appreciate all the info/opinions.
The pinballnews write up said Kevin thinks we're 6 to 12 weeks away from games being built.

Stats are recorded and kept, but referenced on the display. It keeps track of lots of stuff for each account.

Regarding the body, no, I don't think it was ever supposed to "do" anything. It's a dead body hanging in the jungle. It is supposed to obscenely wobble as the game is played and nudged. I think, as long as the mount allows good motion, that idea is great. Sure as hell hope that's not the final build for it though, like it's on a crane or something.

I'm still reserving judgement until I see it lit and played, but I see a number of things I hope aren't final.

#5773 6 years ago

I'm waiting to see some gameplay myself, after all, that is the most important aspect of a pin! As for the "communication" aspect, I would agree with that, look at how it started and where it is now.....

Hopefully the gameplay is awesome and the UV works with the clear coat, at this point though I'm leaning to other options especially with MM remake and hopefully Stern with TWD, maybe today will provide some more clarity for everybody!

Good luck to the SkitB boys, today will be a better day.....

#5774 6 years ago

Bumper caps that look like huts is a great idea!

#5775 6 years ago

Pin looks like an Orthopedic office. Seriously, where is the mini-gun or opening Predator trophy case?

#5777 6 years ago

First mod : a chopper somewhere
Second mod: hut pop bumpers

Who is gonna make them?

#5778 6 years ago

I want to see it running, i was able to see it at the Michigan expo and it was in white wood (hard for me to judge) but with the game on I remember lots of insert colors so I think the inserts below Arnold have different color leds in them but will reserve judgement till I see it on, the body cant be finished and the spine needs to fit around the wireform or it wont look right. personally i like the artwork except the white skull but it doesn't bother me that much, huts on the bumper caps would be cool that light up thru the doors or windows like explosions would be cool. I hope they get it working before the end of the weekend because i am on the list to get one!

#5779 6 years ago

So far, just from comments here:
1) Skull on right has to be re-worked, drilled out, or made smaller so it fits correctly. I think this will be done as the existing one looks to be held on with zip strips.
2) The Hanging Guy is probably going to be re-worked as it looks like it was just hung in there with wires exposed, etc.
3) I feel there HAS to be an unmasked Predator face in there somewhere. Maybe when the UV lights come on.
4) Yes, we NEED to see gameplay. I hope everything works out ok and they sort out the problems both personal and business.

#5780 6 years ago

I think we may still be speculating and making suggestions this time next year. The game looks promising, but some aspects were clearly cobbled together last second. The spine doesn't fit, the hangman is shoehorned, UV is not working and the game is still running on a laptop. Also, while I really dig the red trim, we were told this would be stainless trim. We still don't really have a confirmed price point, just estimates. Communication from the team has seriously dropped off and I think the work they still have ahead of them is more than they have accomplished since last spring, but I could be wrong. I am still in at this point, but I am disenchanted. Not sure I would want to part with one of my current games for this unless the end result is awesome and/or gameplay and rules are top tier. My opinion could change.

Brian

#5781 6 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Haven't been on top of things for a while, but aside from a couple points others have made, positive impression for me.

I am still on the list, so when Kyle gets back from Afghanistan, the Second Annual Polish Pindig at WizzoWorld should have some new and exciting draws: Predator; Captain Nemo; what has been touted by VID as possibly the nicest F14 in existence and several EMs that weren't at the FAPPWW.

Dan

#5782 6 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This doesn't sound good. I had such high hopes for this game. I may have to jump ship. No backlight is a bummer also.

Anyone think this is getting to be a tough sell now after ST pro same price, or MMR basically will be taking $8,000,000 off the table?

Still probably a sell out, but I am having deep reservations based on the looks basically the artwork, IMO should have been more Predator or such dark H.Geiger inspired instead of a lineup of charactures / cartoons.

No actual interactive toys or magnets, no ancillary things to shoot at.

My view, this was not anything the prospective owners were involved in. There was no asking us or a poll saying which type of art do we prefer or do we prefer a stripped down shot map or a target rich pin? Basically to was done as is with no asking any questions of what we prospective owners like or dislike.

#5783 6 years ago

Sigh. Really? Still? People... the art is exactly what they wanted and envisioned. See here: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html
"The game they were showing in the hall is, as Kevin described it, their release candidate, built the way they always envisioned it."

Of course they didn't poll everyone and ask them what kind of art they preferred. I have the original owner's list... want to guess how many people have come and gone since we put it together last year? They haven't asked for a full payment, so there's no telling who the actual owners are going to be. Why should they make it for anyone other than themselves? They showed us the art, and we all nit-picked it like crazy. They fixed a few things, even something that Kevin himself loved got changed, and we still whined. So they went silent and did it the way they wanted. I don't recall Stern or JJP ever taking a poll to ask people exactly what they liked. They present a product, and you either buy it or you don't. Heck, Star Trek's sales would look a lot different right now if they'd made the slick white/chrome LE version everyone was begging for.

As evidenced in just the last 2 pages of posts above, they are not going to please everyone. There is no way to poll 250 people (who can all still easily jump ship at any time, by the way) and get a consensus. It is what it is. There have been no major changes, and there will be no big huge major changes. We've seen it being played with actual gameplay and modes, the latest pictures are posted with most of the plastics and toys shown, and only tweaks here and there will be done before being finished. Yes, the UV has to be fixed and seen, but if you don't like the toys, artwork, layout, target count, trim color, etc... a UV coating probably isn't going to completely change your mind one way or the other. Yes, it was very disappointing that it didn't work properly and correctly as a near-finished product at Expo. But Predator is what it is: love it or hate it, but don't expect it to change just because you want it to. There are plenty of other choices out there, and as evidenced by the P-ROC line-up, you can always make your own machine from scratch exactly how you like it.

Me? I'm still in as long as my pony is in the goody bag.

#5784 6 years ago

Well said blondetall. Having played the game I would never consider dropping my spot. Great layout and great rules.

#5785 6 years ago

I'm wondering if the hanging body will be hooked up to a switch so that it'll shake when the ball goes past it down the ramp.

#5786 6 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Sigh. Really? Still? People... the art is exactly what they wanted and envisioned. See here: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html
"The game they were showing in the hall is, as Kevin described it, their release candidate, built the way they always envisioned it."
Of course they didn't poll everyone and ask them what kind of art they preferred. I have the original owner's list... want to guess how many people have come and gone since we put it together last year? They haven't asked for a full payment, so there's no telling who the actual owners are going to be. Why should they make it for anyone other than themselves? They showed us the art, and we all nit-picked it like crazy. They fixed a few things, even something that Kevin himself loved got changed, and we still whined. So they went silent and did it the way they wanted. I don't recall Stern or JJP ever taking a poll to ask people exactly what they liked. They present a product, and you either buy it or you don't. Heck, Star Trek's sales would look a lot different right now if they'd made the slick white/chrome LE version everyone was begging for.
As evidenced in just the last 2 pages of posts above, they are not going to please everyone. There is no way to poll 250 people (who can all still easily jump ship at any time, by the way) and get a consensus. It is what it is. There have been no major changes, and there will be no big huge major changes. We've seen it being played with actual gameplay and modes, the latest pictures are posted with most of the plastics and toys shown, and only tweaks here and there will be done before being finished. Yes, the UV has to be fixed and seen, but if you don't like the toys, artwork, layout, target count, trim color, etc... a UV coating probably isn't going to completely change your mind one way or the other. Yes, it was very disappointing that it didn't work properly and correctly as a near-finished product at Expo. But Predator is what it is: love it or hate it, but don't expect it to change just because you want it to. There are plenty of other choices out there, and as evidenced by the P-ROC line-up, you can always make your own machine from scratch exactly how you like it.
Me? I'm still in as long as my pony is in the goody bag.

Well played......

#5787 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone think this is getting to be a tough sell now after ST pro same price, or MMR basically will be taking $8,000,000 off the table?
Still probably a sell out, but I am having deep reservations based on the looks basically the artwork, IMO should have been more Predator or such dark H.Geiger inspired instead of a lineup of charactures / cartoons.
My view, this was not anything the prospective owners were involved in. There was no asking us or a poll saying which type of art do we prefer or do we prefer a stripped down shot map or a target rich pin? Basically to was done as is with no asking any questions of what we prospective owners like or dislike.

So why don't you simply leave the boat, get your money back, and give someone else the chance to get in??
You have made perfectly clear for several months you were not satisfied. Plenty of other projects... pick the one you prefer.

The poll demand was the icing on the cake... Now we're asking Skit-B to make a pin based on a poll?? Geez... We provided feedback. They took it into account. That's already much much more than other manufacturers. Artwork won't change much -besides minor adjustments may be-.

#5788 6 years ago

It's working at least somewhat now.

image.jpg

#5789 6 years ago

Any video of the game play at the show?

#5790 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

As much as you have gone on about ST, did Stern send you a secret poll asking only you exactly what you wanted before making it? Last time I checked Stern just puts what they want without asking pinsiders. Why don't you do is all a favor, quit your whining, drop out and let someone who actually wants one get on the list.

#5791 6 years ago

Would LOVE some gameplay video and review of how it 'feels' now that it is up and running.

Please >> extensive video of both the pf and the dots when someone is playing for a while!

#5792 6 years ago
Quoted from REDEYE:

Any video of the game play at the show?

All I had time for was that pic, heading to airport now.

#5793 6 years ago

image-302.jpg

#5794 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Bumper caps that look like huts is a great idea!

They said no when I suggested it a way back. Just gotta find some NOS special force parts...

But that's half the fun of getting a pin - so u can mod the bejesus out of it!

My opinion, which means absolutely nothing, is that it looks sweet. People seriously need to take a step back and look at what the guys are trying to achieve, from scratch - in their basement ffs!! They are not stern or jjp and they are not smooth operations anyway....

#5795 6 years ago

Wow. With Lebowski and Madness, and a potential Walking Dead, I have never needed a Predator pick me up as much as right -----> Now <------.

Come on SkitB, I'm pulling for you guys.

#5796 6 years ago

How is there seriously no video (even though it was down yesterday)?

#5797 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Wow. With Lebowski and Madness, and a potential Walking Dead, I have never needed a Predator pick me up as much as right -----> Now <------.
Come on SkitB, I'm pulling for you guys.

Couldn't agree more. I've already paid in full (foolish perhaps), but man...this was supposed to be THE event and 'unveiling' that got us all giddy again. I'm still eager to see more, but the enthusiasm is admittedly slowly starting to fade.

We've been (mostly) patient and I think it's fair to have a little bit of: "THIS is what we've waited for?" feeling.

I still believe the game will shoot and play great. I think the overall package will come together in the end...I guess I was just hoping to see a very near completed version this time around. Perhaps there's still more to come. I'm really looking forward to some gameplay video / reviews of people that are now starting to get their hands on the game.

And BTW thanks a lot to all of you at the expo posting for us that couldn't make it out there. I for one am living vicariously through you.

#5798 6 years ago

Yeah this is definitely a bit frustrating after waiting so long for any substantial updates. Kind of stinks that there is absolutely no info on Predator on the Skit-B website. I almost wish they just focused on getting everything buttoned up and released a video for us rather than going to expo with a machine not ready for prime time.

#5799 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I almost wish they just focused on getting everything buttoned up and released a video for us rather than going to expo with a machine not ready for prime time.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps they have this in their back pocket and once the dust settles on the expo they'll release a nice video. Doesn't hurt to hope, right?

#5800 6 years ago

Damn, really wanted to see some videos

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 300.00
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 14.00
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 109.99
$ 275.00
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside