View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 143.
#5701 10 years ago

It will be mine!

#5702 10 years ago

The live feed is lame!

#5703 10 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

The live feed is lame!

Let's watch yours instead...

#5704 10 years ago

Yeah let's watch people eating at a restaurant with their family. I guess you have nothing better to do on a Friday night.

#5705 10 years ago

well now we got nothing : (

#5706 10 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

Yeah let's watch people eating at a restaurant with their family. I guess you have nothing better to do on a Friday night.

You were watching a pinball seminar while you were eating dinner with your family? Lucky

#5707 10 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

The live feed is lame!

The live feed isn't anything official. It is a pinsider kind enough to give people far away the ability to get a glimpse at expo.

#5708 10 years ago

Got a pic of predator from another site:

pred1expo.jpgpred1expo.jpg

#5709 10 years ago

Ha. That's kind of what the playfield looked like without plastics when I played it in Tacoma.

#5710 10 years ago

hhmmmmmmm......

#5711 10 years ago
Quoted from daley:

The live feed isn't anything official. It is a pinsider kind enough to give people far away the ability to get a glimpse at expo.

Thanks dude.

Here. I'm at predator now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Not official. Just Jared official.

#5712 10 years ago

Commentary for those who can't watch:

That DMD looks only about 10x better. That's about it.

Come on. I'm trying to be positive. It's not running yet.

#5713 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Thanks dude.
Here. I'm at Predator now.
Not official. Just Jared official.

thanks for doing it. it's crazy choppy. starts and stops every 3 to 5 seconds....

Reloaded page several different times. Got it playing smooth now.

#5714 10 years ago

Running really smooth for me and I'm on a terrible piece of shit desk top.

I was wrong about the DMD though, it looks 12x better.

EDIT: A #1 bad ass points for Bakushan standing there doing this. Can't be the most thrilling thing to do at the show.

EDIT 2: Hahaha. The "Insert Coin" attract mode is Dutch saying, "Come on, kill me, do it now", etc...

#5715 10 years ago

Kick Ass Stream Man, I wish I was there.

#5716 10 years ago

Somebody needs to turn off that BOP 2.0 wailing in the background. Couldn't imagine somebody owning that as I am already sick to death of hearing the same six notes over and over...

Predator certainly didn't make a triumphant entrance did it? Don't ya love it when it works fine the night before and then... poof DMD does look good though.

#5717 10 years ago

screen grabs:

pred2expo.jpgpred2expo.jpg pred4expo.jpgpred4expo.jpg pred5expo.jpgpred5expo.jpg
#5718 10 years ago

* Laptop not included.

#5719 10 years ago

Awww man. Hope they get it working. I can only imagine their horror at having issues this late in the game.

I just sacrificed a Mcdonalds chicken burger and pussy face roared naked in my back yard. I may just click on the star wars 'no' button at some point this evening.

#5720 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I agree completely. All together there is just no cohesiveness. It looks like everything was designed separately and then just "mashed" together.
The playfield art is just too cartoony compared to the rest of the art package. Not to mention that horrible bleached white skull with jelly on it. I'll still withhold final judgement, but I'm not too thrilled so far. Hopefully it plays great and the final package looks a bit more refined.

+ 10000

#5721 10 years ago

Some more pics:
pred6expo.jpgpred6expo.jpgpred7expo.jpgpred7expo.jpg

pred9expo.jpgpred9expo.jpg
#5722 10 years ago

I don't like the artwork from the grey shield (under arnold) down too much.
Everything above is great but i think the part at the slingshots and under don't fit that well IMO.

edit:
I think red or at least black rubbers would be a better choice too.

#5723 10 years ago

Some guys just hooked up a UV light to shine on the play field here at EXPO. It was said that the glow features were in this play field...

Nothing showed up.

Watch a recording of the video here.

#5724 10 years ago

Man, except for the jelly, I think this bitch is golden. I had a pretty big rant back here; http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/87
about just taking a look at a lot of other pins and their art. I feel like a lot of inspiration for Predator and its graphics came from the older games of the late 80's and 90's, and you can clearly see my take on the newer games' (all Sterns, of course) art style. I understand that a lot of you guys see the cab and think photo realistic graphics were what the pf was going to do, but from what I gather with all of the stuff posted by Skit-B, the way the pf art is depicted was their original vision of the finished product. (To me, a way of separating from Stern and their style) Most of us saw James's, the artists, other work and know he could do some dark stuff. But that's not what Skit-B asked him to do, and while I've enjoyed being a part of this journey, the destination was never up to me or us. (Am I smoking too much lately?)

Anyway, I really doubt that matching the cab to the playfield would make a lot of you happy, even if it made it more cohesive, because then there'd be complaints about how the side of the box looks like LAH. I'm not trying to convince you guys to like something you don't like, and I sure as hell don't think I KNOW Skit's motivations, but that's just what I take away from it. I have come around on the art as I think I understand it, and can look past drop targets that don't exist. The theme and playability are there, and with only 250, I think enough like-minded individuals will be satisfied.

/rant although not really ranting. Just bs'ing

SB, sorry you couldn't get the game up and running. I'm sure it was stressful as hell. Like telling a customer I'll be done in 20 minutes and 5 hours later I'm still saying, "Anyyyyy minute now." Good luck tomorrow. We'll be watching vicariously through others' videos. Thanks Bakushan for the vid and all for the pictures.

(p.s. duck hunt, star fox, sonic, matrix....how the f*ck has no one went after a Zelda machine yet?! It's too perfect. The theme writes itself!)

#5725 10 years ago

I like what I see so far. Still in!
Can't wait to see a video of gameplay...

#5726 10 years ago

Soo what happened today? They couldnt get the game working? (wth, what a nightmare for them). Was anyone at their panel? What was discussed? I honestly thought so many questions would be answered by now, like how close we are to building, what the UV art looks like, whether the playfield is complete or not? What happened to Matt's full size skull and spine? Im sure Kev will make his return on here eventually and square everything away.

edit - Oh yes, I wanted to thank all of those that posted pictures and vids of what they have seen, it is much appreciated.

#5727 10 years ago
Quoted from Russo121:

Some more pics.

The previous translite looked much cooler IMO but I love the red trim!! Thanks for the pics all you guys rock!!

Quoted from Jared:

Some guys just hooked up a UV light to shine on the play field here at EXPO. It was said that the glow features were in this play field...
Nothing showed up.
Watch a recording of the video here.

Well I hope it shows up when the lights go on under the glass this was one of the major selling points of the pin IMO.

#5728 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The previous translite looked much cooler IMO

What was different about it? It just had Dutch and Hawkins (or Poncho?) at the bottom and the Predator title was a little higher right?

#5729 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

Soo what happened today? They couldnt get the game working? (wth, what a nightmare for them). Was anyone at their panel? What was discussed? I honestly thought so many questions would be answered by now, like how close we are to building, what the UV art looks like, whether the playfield is complete or not? What happened to Matt's full size skull and spine? Im sure Kev will make his return on here eventually and square everything away.
edit - Oh yes, I wanted to thank all of those that posted pictures and vids of what they have seen, it is much appreciated.

A bit of info here...
http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html

#5730 10 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

What was different about it? It just had Dutch and Hawkins (or Poncho?) at the bottom and the Predator title was a little higher right?

I liked how it kind of blended into each other cool effect IMO.
image-920.jpgimage-920.jpg

#5731 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well I hope it shows up when the lights go on under the glass this was one of the major selling points of the pin IMO.

Me too bro.

But I was there... And the UV was very bright.. and direct...

Unless we are dumb... Nothing is there.

#5732 10 years ago

Just got some time to upload some pics. Game was not on when I was there (VERY disappointed!, but that is how shit goes with WIP) and issues were apparently due to some new hardware (plasma display???) causing the need to edit some config prompts for the code.

I asked lots of questions and got lots of answers but too tired to type more now.

pics.PA180021.JPGPA180021.JPGPA180022.JPGPA180022.JPGPA180023.JPGPA180023.JPG

#5733 10 years ago

morePA180034.JPGPA180034.JPGPA180035.JPGPA180035.JPGPA180036.JPGPA180036.JPG

#5734 10 years ago

more
PA180027.JPGPA180027.JPGPA180026.JPGPA180026.JPGPA180025.JPGPA180025.JPGPA180024.JPGPA180024.JPG

#5735 10 years ago

more
PA180028.JPGPA180028.JPGPA180029.JPGPA180029.JPGPA180030.JPGPA180030.JPGPA180031.JPGPA180031.JPGPA180032.JPGPA180032.JPGPA180033.JPGPA180033.JPG

#5736 10 years ago

quick notes:

-hanging body paint will match skull/vertebrate
-IMHO vertebrate looks like crap since it is now shifted to the side instead of over the VUK wireform. It appears that VUK is taller and hence spinal cord needed to be twisted to side in order to fit under glass. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED which would probably mean Matt needs to make a new spinal cord for in the game (side note> the topper add-on/extra I assume? big spinal cord looks really cool!)
-Plastics are much better in person than in pics. They are a bit cartoony but work for the most part.
-Cab and cab art looks AMAZING in person! WOW. Red trim> WOW. New plasma display (I got to see some animations while Kevin was going through code updates >> WOW
-Ramps look muck better but since I did not get to play it I can't really evaluate them.

#5737 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quick notes:
-IMHO vertebrate looks like crap since it is now shifted to the side instead of over the VUK wireform. It appears that VUK is taller and hence spinal cord needed to be twisted to side in order to fit under glass. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED which would probably mean Matt needs to make a new spinal cord for in the game (side note> the topper add-on/extra I assume? big spinal cord looks really cool!)
-Plastics are much better in person than in pics. They are a bit cartoony but work for the most part.
-Cab and cab art looks AMAZING in person! WOW. Red trim> WOW. New plasma display (I got to see some animations while Kevin was going through code updates >> WOW
-Ramps look muck better but since I did not get to play it I can't really evaluate them.

great review.

thanks for posting with the pix.

#5738 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

quick notes:

Thanks for sharing pics and thoughts much appreciated!

#5739 10 years ago

Showing you can't please everyone, I love the cabinet, think the translight is way better, and, unless it grows on me soon, really don't like that red armor. Ha. Oh well.

#5740 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Showing you can't please everyone, I love the cabinet, think the translight is way better, and, unless it grows on me soon, really don't like that red armor. Ha. Oh well.

Yeah for sure sounds like we like/prefer totally different things on this one. To each their own.

#5741 10 years ago

So it was never turned on? No one got a chance to play it?

#5742 10 years ago

OK, here's my feedback. Mind you i'm all-in paid in full so i'm way excited to see how this all turns out. I know its a work in progress but i have some ideas.

What i like:

1. 90% of the playfiled art
2. playfield plastics
3. skull and spine - killer paint job (though should cover the VUK and ramp, not side saddle it) Maybe hollow out the bottom of it so it fits around the wire ramp?
4. Predator launch button
5. cabinet art, although very minimalistic, would rather see some more involved art like the playfield
6. the inserts that have art on them, scorpion, grenade, etc.

What i don't like and some suggestions:

1. skull jam - gotta go, seriously why is that still there?
2. coat hanger dangling body, does it serve any purpose? Any interaction? Maybe make it jiggly like the martians on AFM?
3. teal posts, pop bumpers, teal does not go with red OR green. Little huts like a village would be awesome, could even be battle damage on them like bullet holes, smoke/fire damage. Could have color changing LEDS to simulate fire.
4. solid black sling plastics, probably just place holders though
5. insert font - very generic and unevenly proportioned. (fill the space better, outlined font, something) Also very boring all the same color.
6. red metal, sorry, looks like a happy meal. Predator is a dark, cool theme should be metallic or even beat up looking like the predators armor.
7. Predator logo on the back of the playfield - very generic, this would be a great place for either more jungle art to add depth or even a scene from the movie.
8. A toy, there's no toys or anything to really interact with, spinner maybe? Have a predator pop out somewhere with his big ugly face?
9. Add characters or something else to look at besides 2 bloody things, there are tons of weapons, space ships, etc. to get inspiration from.

#5743 10 years ago

Really like the red trim

Digging the plastics etc.

Not as convinced about the white skull, just seems a bit bland compared to the rest of the artwork.

Gutted that it didn't turn on. Any mention of an expected release date for the guys?

#5744 10 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

OK, here's my feedback. Mind you i'm all-in paid in full so i'm way excited to see how this all turns out. I know its a work in progress but i have some ideas.
What i like:
1. 90% of the playfiled art
2. playfield plastics
3. skull and spine - killer paint job (though should cover the VUK and ramp, not side saddle it) Maybe hollow out the bottom of it so it fits around the wire ramp?
4. Predator launch button
5. cabinet art, although very minimalistic, would rather see some more involved art like the playfield
6. the inserts that have art on them, scorpion, grenade, etc.
What i don't like and some suggestions:
1. skull jam - gotta go, seriously why is that still there?
2. coat hanger dangling body, does it serve any purpose? Any interaction? Maybe make it jiggly like the martians on AFM?

3. teal posts, pop bumpers, teal does not go with red OR green. Little huts like a village would be awesome, could even be battle damage on them like bullet holes, smoke/fire damage. Could have color changing LEDS to simulate fire.
4. solid black sling plastics, probably just place holders though
5. insert font - very generic and unevenly proportioned. (fill the space better, outlined font, something) Also very boring all the same color.
6. red metal, sorry, looks like a happy meal. Predator is a dark, cool theme should be metallic or even beat up looking like the predators armor.
7. Predator logo on the back of the playfield - very generic, this would be a great place for either more jungle art to add depth or even a scene from the movie.
8. A toy, there's no toys or anything to really interact with, spinner maybe? Have a Predator pop out somewhere with his big ugly face?
9. Add characters or something else to look at besides 2 bloody things, there are tons of weapons, space ships, etc. to get inspiration from.

This doesn't sound good. I had such high hopes for this game. I may have to jump ship. No backlight is a bummer also.

#5745 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Me too bro.
But I was there... And the UV was very bright.. and direct...
Unless we are dumb... Nothing is there.

Turns out the clear coat (which protects paint from uv light) totally nullified the UV ink. It was there, you just can't see it.

#5746 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Turns out the clear coat (which protects paint from uv light) totally nullified the UV ink. It was there, you just can't see it.

So the only way it works is without clearcoat? Sounds like a major dilemma.

#5747 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

So the only way it works is without clearcoat? Sounds like a major dilemma.

I'll take the clearcoat then.

#5748 10 years ago

There are games with UV reactive playfields, like Scared Stiff and TFTC. There has to be a way to make it work through clear coat.

#5749 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

So it was never turned on? No one got a chance to play it?

Skit happened, hopefully a better day tomorrow.

#5750 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

There are games with UV reactive playfields, like Scared Stiff and TFTC. There has to be a way to make it work through clear coat.

I sure hope so!! They still have lighting strips on the side walls so here's hoping they figured or will figure it out.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.