Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 143.
#5451 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

is this speculation, or do you know something.

Sorry, I should have clarified that is just my personal opinion and speculation. I know what everyone else on here knows, that they are planning a full unveiling at the show.

#5452 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry, I should have clarified that is just my personal opinion and speculation. I know what everyone else on here knows, that they are planning a full unveiling at the show.

Hopefully you are correct Tiger! Expo this year is going to be full of good stuff.......

#5453 6 years ago

The guys will be at expo with the Predator game so you can play it and ask them questions.
See you in chicago!

Quoted from maddog14:

is this speculation, or do you know something.

#5454 6 years ago

no speculation needed. It has been made abundantly clear that Expo will reveal a bunch (I personally think we are going to see the final iteration of the game; final art, plastics finally installed, hopefully with full power on everything and playing like it would in our very own homes).

Basically, I think expo will be the opportunity for all folks on the reserve list to make a final decision.

#5455 6 years ago

That is so awesome you broke out that video LOL

#5456 6 years ago

Expo can not get here soon enough!!!! I am such a nerd counting down the days.

#5457 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Expo can not get here soon enough!!!! I am such a nerd counting down the days.

I'm with you on that. What's even more embarrassing about it with me is I'm not even going and I'm counting down the days!

#5458 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm with you on that. What's even more embarrassing about it with me is I'm not even going and I'm counting down the days!

You lucky dog!! Hope you have a blast wish I could make it. Well I guess I'm pretty darn lucky as well as I get to find out the gender or my 2nd child that Friday.

Play pins like there is no tomorrow at expo and have a blast my friend.

#5459 6 years ago

Ah, I wish. Sadly you missed the key word in my sentence.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

not even going

Wish I could make it, but alas it wasn't in the cards for me this year. Next year I plan on figuring out how to be there though.

#5460 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, I wish. Sadly you missed the key word in my sentence.

Hahaa, yes I did. There were a few beverages involved tonight so you need to make some exceptions.

#5461 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Expo can not get here soon enough!!!!

Tell me about it. My bday is the first day of expo, so needless to say, I'm hoping its gonna be a good one this year.

#5462 6 years ago

Hey, anybody know where to get the blacklight skull poster that Playboy posted?

#5463 6 years ago

We are getting close. It's been a long struggle since that "first week of April."

DOIT NOW!!! WHATARE YOU WAITINGFOR?!!

*Ahem* I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me just now.

#5464 6 years ago

Kevin........come out n play!

#5465 6 years ago

12 more days. (....in 15 minutes)

#5466 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

12 more days. (....in 15 minutes)

Those 12 days need to come and go so we can get the big unveiling! I bet the boy are slammed right now trying to get things ready. I hope they have the flippers at full power and the music turned up so we can all hear call outs and sounds.

Get some video gang! Lots of video!

#5467 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

and the music turned up so we can all hear call outs and sounds.

Sound and music are going to be some of the best things about this pin, this thing was vibrating through your finger tips with each explosion at Allentown this year, those Flipper Fidelity speakers really make the game "boom", thought there was a shaker in there.

#5468 6 years ago

I can't wait for the expo! I will be bringing my checkbook to pay for my predator.
#13 production
#34 machine

#5469 6 years ago

This pin will blow everybodies mind away, buy buy buy... Kevin will sell like crazy, it will be so much hyped up here, yeah its goin´to be creazy... Just wait and see now

We allways know what to expect from NeXT Stern pin, (more costcuts) its nice to get new pin from new Company, just like JJP, i really enjoy the quality of there product, thumbs up

#5470 6 years ago

Are we going to get an 'official' video prior to expo, or are we just going to have to hope some random pinhead shoots a quality vid at the show? Is it looking like the game will be ready in time?

#5471 6 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Are we going to get an 'official' video prior to expo, or are we just going to have to hope some random pinhead shoots a quality vid at the show? Is it looking like the game will be ready in time?

Random pinhead is going to do it; no official video prior (unless they surprise us). My understanding is whysnow is planning on taking some video for us all.

#5472 6 years ago

I'm hoping they can dazzle us. The pin landscape has changed a lot since this game was first announced.

#5473 6 years ago

Husband and I watched Predators last night. It was much better than Predator 2. At the end they had the original score for Predator playing over the credits, and I was sitting there thinking that if the pin can sound half as good as our home theater, it is going to rock. I mean, I love my Data East machines, but I didn't realize how crappy they sounded until we got Spiderman and NGG, so a brand new Flipper Fidelity system is going to rock my house.

Last year on vacation was when I got most of the Predator info. I'm on vacation next week and of course it's Expo week, so hopefully the news is as exciting this time around too.

#5474 6 years ago

I plan to shoot some video and take plenty of pictures on Friday. I am far from a pro and do not have the best gear, but I will do my best. That is all I can promise.

I am specifically bringing my CPU just so I can shoot some stuff and upload ASAP for those that can not go.

My fingers are still crossed that SkitB guys will post a nice vid prior to expo.

#5475 6 years ago

I was under the impression we were getting an official vid.

#5476 6 years ago

Yeah, I'm interested to see what their game plan is too... It'd be cool if they release a video update just prior to EXPO to get everyone hyped up; but I can see the advantage in them holding off for a grand reveal at the EXPO too...

#5477 6 years ago

Is pinballdad ok? He hasn't posted for weeks on this thread.

#5478 6 years ago

Finalized paint job and ready to install. Definitely more to come, but this was just too cool to not share right away!

WP_000353.jpg

#5479 6 years ago

Very nice

#5480 6 years ago

I'm giddy with excitement! That is dope!

#5481 6 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

Finalized paint job and ready to install. Definitely more to come, but this was just too cool to not share right away!

Suddenly I feel the urge to call up Jeremiah's BBQ. Anyone want to chip in for some ribs?

#5482 6 years ago

wow looks fresh!

#5483 6 years ago

That looks awesome thanks for sharing the pic!! Good luck to you and the crew at expo and in the weeks to come!

#5484 6 years ago

New website doesn't make any sense. What the hell does Duck Hunt have to do with their Predator Pinball project?

#5485 6 years ago

Finalized paint job and ready to install.

Dammit, that's gross!
I may be 47 but... I'm gonna have to hide this game from my mom when she visits.

#5486 6 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

New website doesn't make any sense. What the hell does Duck Hunt have to do with their Predator Pinball project?

I'm pretty sure Kevin has said their company has actually gained more national media exposure from their Duck Hunt project than from anything else they have done up to this point. This is my guess as to why their website currently only features Duck Hunt, my guess is also that they will have a similar breakdown of the development of Predator once it is released.

#5487 6 years ago

Finalized paint job and ready to install.

Probably the meanest looking thing ever to be put in a pinball....

I like it!

#5488 6 years ago

Wow... Great

#5490 6 years ago

That's friggin' awesome! You want fries with your ribs?

#5491 6 years ago
Quoted from mr-zed:

Probably the meanest looking thing ever to be put in a pinball....
I like it!

I am still not sure about Predator will reserve judgment until I see the final machine.

But just an observation how come Stern thinks it's ok to put a cheap toy like the Enterprise ship and only on the premium or LE, take it out of the pro? What does that cost them around $5 per toy? I mean not even that looks like a happy meal toy that ship.

Then we have this skull and spine from Predator. It shows that Stern is really pinching pennies every way possible and that Skit-B is putting it all in the machine. This tells me a lot.

#5492 6 years ago

Looking at that picture gives me a weird, nasty feeling.

Awsome! I only wished the spine was a ramp and the skull eyes had ball locks. So far i understand it well, its only for looks, not a part of the gameplay.

But ok, it looks stunning. Cant wait for the expo videos.

Good luck!

#5493 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am still not sure about Predator will reserve judgment until I see the final machine.
But just an observation how come Stern thinks it's ok to put a cheap toy like the Enterprise ship and only on the premium or LE, take it out of the pro?

I'm also very excited about the expo predator news update.
I live about 4500 miles from chicago and will not attend, so I'm crossing my fingers for a lot of updates, reviews and pictures from fellow pinsiders, as I'll not be able to play and see the pin myselves before the final decision!

About the Sterns, I basically dont like the idea of making different playing versions of the same game. LEs with special trims, colors etc are great, but excluding features in the cheaper versions, I dont like!
But looking at the price of the new Sterns and how fast the LEs sells, I guess the businessplan is working just great!

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Awsome! I only wished the spine was a ramp and the skull eyes had ball locks. So far i understand it well, its only for looks, not a part of the gameplay.

Was thinking the same thing

#5495 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Stern is really pinching pennies every way possible and that Skit-B is putting it all in the machine. This tells me a lot.

Well, we're benefiting from the fact that the skit-b boys are working for slave wages, no factory workforce, etc.

Also, to be fair, ST Pro is a VERY decent machine at the same price point as Predator. I've played it, the ship looks a lot better in person, far more detail. AND it is interactive... the Pred toys are playfield dressing.

I'm in on predator, but I just wanted to make the point it is not so black and white as you stated.

#5496 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

I'm pretty sure Kevin has said their company has actually gained more national media exposure from their Duck Hunt project than from anything else they have done up to this point. This is my guess as to why their website currently only features Duck Hunt, my guess is also that they will have a similar breakdown of the development of Predator once it is released.

That makes zero sense. Their original page was all about Predator, and the new one is the first time I've heard of Duck Hunt....it seemed like a gag.

#5497 6 years ago

I think the paint will react to the UV lighting. Thats why its an orangish tint.

#5498 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Also, to be fair, ST Pro is a VERY decent machine at the same price point as Predator. I've played it, the ship looks a lot better in person, far more detail. AND it is interactive... the Pred toys are playfield dressing.

I was referring to the enterprise toy that is not on the pro version of ST.

The little ship by the shooter lane had to be removed by Stern to save what $5 or so?

It's a bit ridiculous on a $4500 pin that Stern removes what amounts to a Xmas tree ornament.

I might actually think ST may be the better pin, but some things like removing a decorative toy like the Enterprise make me not like Stern for their obvious cheapness.

#5499 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was referring to the enterprise toy that is not on the pro version of ST.
The little ship by the shooter lane had to be removed by Stern to save what $5 or so?
It's a bit ridiculous on a $4500 pin that Stern removes what amounts to a Xmas tree ornament.
I might actually think ST may be the better pin, but some things like removing a decorative toy like the Enterprise make me not like Stern for their obvious cheapness.

Or the spinners on Metallica Pro versus premium

#5500 6 years ago

can we stay on Predator here?

(or ponies)

I love the look of the finished skull! Just under 2 weeks till I get to see the newest game in person!!!!! super pumped!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside