Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 143.
#501 7 years ago

This is what I see. Life is good.

Capture.JPG

#502 7 years ago

Is this the first SkitB hater? Looks like a current member with alternate account.

#503 7 years ago

Complaints about game play are now being labeled trolling because they don't agree with the hive mind. Pinside hits a new low.

Why don't you Take A Hike...so we can hit a New High...

troll-1.gif

#504 7 years ago
Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

Complaints about game play are now being labeled trolling because they don't agree with the hive mind. Pinside hits a new low.

How about another question?

Accepting you didn't like the black ramps, what did you think about the rest of the gameplay?

Please use constructive criticism as it is all WIP. I have never played the game so am interested in all opinions as long as they are constructive and not personal.

#505 7 years ago

I think constructive criticism would be appreciated actually. But having a cap-lock Touretts episode about something that was obviously done for time's sake and will not be permanent does kinda sound like a troll jumping up and down on a soapbox.

Sorry you had a bad experience though. I would like to get my hands on one to see it for myself, so you are already one step ahead of me. And if you don't like it, then you've just saved yourself $5K. Congrats.

#506 7 years ago

I have to agree. I am in on the preorder and I don't see any problems with someone posting a few complaints. To each his own everyone.

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Looks like a current member with alternate account

There seem to be a lot more 'split personality' new names lately.

#508 7 years ago

I had no problems with some one saying that they didn't like something on a Prototype work in progress but to act like its the biggest deal in the world seems silly. Anyone can hate on any one of my machines. I love them and that's all that matters. I love my gottlieb hulk. Can't say I know anyone else who does. Surely wasn't going to be able to hype it up so I could get a good ROI

#509 7 years ago

The guy is complaining about prototype ramps. We all know they are temporary. If he wants to make himself look like an ass that's fine with me. At least I have something to read and laugh about at work.

#510 7 years ago

Just curious and completely off topic(sorry) but...How could someone with under 500 karma points know its a new low for pinside. Please don't take this the wrong way. I hate you didn't have fun.

I'm just curious. Perhaps criticism like this is why Stern waits until the pin is complete before selling. I think these guys just wanted to show they're customers they are committed. I appreciate them taking it to shows. I also hope it inspires more people to start a small business.

#511 7 years ago

I just find it ironic that he's in here telling the SkitB boys how they lost a buyer, after they had already announced that they were sold out.

As for the criticism of the ramps, whatever. One man's opinion. Great. It could have been more constructive, but there's obviously an ax to grind. The continued keyboard diarrhea after no one else agreed with him is really funny, though. I love the "hive mentality" and "Pinside hype" straw men. 250 suckers vs. 1 enlightened, temporary black ramp hating, buddy of James', that felt he needed to carpet bomb the board with his very narrow complaint. How noble.

#513 7 years ago

Pbbbllbblllbbttt

Here's the thing, I've actually been waiting for someone to come out with something negatively critical to say about this game. Ok? I've never played it, I'll almost certainly not get the chance to do so before purchase and I absolutely, and literally, can NOT AFFORD to make a bad choice on this game. If it sucks, in fact, if it is anything less than one of my top five games ever, I've f^(ked myself hard. Negative reviews are almost always more informative than positive. In other words, I'm your audience! Me. I'm your demographic. I'm the guy ready to be receptive of your critique. I'm the guy who would have defended your opinion, bias and premeditated bullshit or not.

But unfortunately, you suck.

This is such an obviously canned, blunt and ham fisted attempt at nothing but smear it is less than worthless. You encourage dismissiveness instead of your intended divisiveness. Had you been creative and adult in your post I'd have listened. But, not only do you type and react like a jilted teenage girl, you admit to being a complete douche bag by grumpily muttering under your breath, instead of manning up and speaking your mind in person.

Known and stated temporary black ramps. Seriously? That's what you were able to come up with? You missed your chance and are an utter failure.

#514 7 years ago

As for the Jack/WoZ comparisons, this isn't a WoZ thread. Stay on topic.

Developers bringing unfinished prototype games to shows is very much on topic... and common practice.

If reserving criticism until a project is finished, and being supportive of people who are trying to do something good for the hobby is low, then I'm all for it.

Have a nice life. Ignore!

#515 7 years ago

Well, if were onto Predator now and actual game play, here are my comments/feedback:

-Game seemed to have pretty good flow (I'm a fan of flow). They had some issues with the left orbit switch not letting the ball orbit properly but that'll get fixed.
-There are a number of back-hand shots that were well designed - ie. the upper drop on the right is accessed nicely from a right flipper back-hand.
-I was very concerned initially about the two stand up targets front and center being fast center ball drains but they were not an issue - if you play sloppy and outta control you have to contend with them, but overall seems like they worked well.
-far right drop was a little interesting - they have some wire-forms ramping the ball down to a lower kicker, not sure I'm in love with that versus a solid playfield with more art and a drop, but I'll wait to pass judgement.
-Ramps felt pretty smooth and clean.
-Upper right kicker I have some concerns on it dumping the ball onto the ramp, but STERN's been doing it for years without many ramps cracking so maybe it'll be ok.
-Prototype needs to account for securing the ramps better - assume the production version will have more robust ramp implementation.
- Center lane/pop bumer area where everything throttles down was interesting/different. Not sure i'm in love with it, but it's cool.
-Pretty typical outlane feel - proper nudging seemed to save most balls.
-Pick your shot option was a little confusing at first, but might end up being a cool new feature to pinball.

My $0.02 for now on gameplay...

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

If reserving criticism until a project is finished, and being supportive of people who are trying to do something good for the hobby is low, then I'm all for it.

Have a nice life. Ignore

Seconded

Please keep the updates rolling guys. Love the style and the way you are doing them.

They really show the passion that you put into the machine. Little updates such as a picture of the underside or teaser of the art is all we need... Just to tide us over.

The videos are the best and i hope more are to come. One thing i may add is try to have some videos of a complete game... Like start playing and have someone else walk through what is happening. I would like to see some more videos of just the speed and ball movement. Would be sweet.

Keep up the good work!

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Well, if were onto Predator now and actual game play, here are my comments/feedback:

-Game seemed to have pretty good flow (I'm a fan of flow). They had some issues with the left orbit switch not letting the ball orbit properly but that'll get fixed.
-There are a number of back-hand shots that were well designed - ie. the upper drop on the right is accessed nicely from a right flipper back-hand.
-I was very concerned initially about the two stand up targets front and center being fast center ball drains but they were not an issue - if you play sloppy and outta control you have to contend with them, but overall seems like they worked well.
-far right drop was a little interesting - they have some wire-forms ramping the ball down to a lower kicker, not sure I'm in love with that versus a solid playfield with more art and a drop, but I'll wait to pass judgement.
-Ramps felt pretty smooth and clean.
-Upper right kicker I have some concerns on it dumping the ball onto the ramp, but STERN's been doing it for years without many ramps cracking so maybe it'll be ok.
-Prototype needs to account for securing the ramps better - assume the production version will have more robust ramp implementation.
- Center lane/pop bumer area where everything throttles down was interesting/different. Not sure i'm in love with it, but it's cool.
-Pretty typical outlane feel - proper nudging seemed to save most balls.
-Pick your shot option was a little confusing at first, but might end up being a cool new feature to pinball.

My $0.02 for now on gameplay...

Now that is a good post!

#518 7 years ago

Thank you.

#519 7 years ago

Wow, it looks like I woke up to a flame war... I'm not going to get into every aspect of this, but, in light of being a professional, there are some very important things I need to clear up before this gets any further:

First and foremost, we would never "slam" a supplier. Not privately nor publicly. If a supplier were to screw up bad enough to need to be "slammed," we would just lose the supplier and find a new one. This is certainly not the case here.

On the subject of James, we already know James is a great, no, INTEGRAL part of the industry (for the few of us that are unfamiliar with his work, check it out at www.pinballinc.com). We had told many people who asked about the black ramps that we would have liked to have clear, but the LOCAL plastics company who formed our ramps (we are in Michigan, James is in Georgia, hint hint) doesn't keep clear plastic on-hand, and our supplier couldn't get us the media in time. As in, the supplier of clear plastic media couldn't get it to us in time. We (stupidly) assumed that people who are this deep into the hobby would know that James, of a company called Pinball, Inc, who focuses on making clear ramps for a living, would probably have clear plastic on-hand, not to mention that we were promoting the company, Vantage Plastics, who made our prototype ramps, for helping us out on such short notice, whom James obviously doesn't work for. As a matter of fact, only one person asked me about James all weekend. When asked if he was still on board with the project (this was after we talked about why the ramps were black, and who made them, etc), all I said was that James requires perfect dimensions of the ramps in 3D space to get the best product possible, so we had to do these first to make sure they were PERFECT before being passed to him for production. Damn good policy, if you ask me.

As far as not liking the game, comparing our lane-blocking issue with Stern, comparing us to JJP for incomplete games at a show, whatever, let me be professional yet again and remind you that without Stern there would be NO pinball, and without JJP it wouldn't be evolving at such an alarming rate. As far as telling us we shouldn't have come out of our garage and that we are unprofessional... I could give a shit less what you think of my game. If you don't like it, don't buy one. Then again, you couldn't right now if you wanted to, because so many others do like it.

#520 7 years ago

LOL once again, stand-up guys

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

I could give a shit less what you think of my game. If you don't like it, don't buy one. Then again, you couldn't right now if you wanted to, because so many others do like it.

Damn straight!

#524 7 years ago

Well said!!

#525 7 years ago

Kevin / Aaron,

I love the game and your black ramps too!

and man the life................waking up at 1:00PM!

Chris

#526 7 years ago

Whoop Whoop! No more needs to be said.

#527 7 years ago

I could give a shit less what you think of my game. If you don't like it, don't buy one. Then again, you couldn't right now if you wanted to, because so many others do like it.

Hahha

NBAJamWii-Header.jpg

#528 7 years ago

I saw these guys at the Allentown show and was like, Predator pinball? nooo way... I thought it was a one and done and am kicking myself because I didn't take a closer look but I was too busy running around.
After looking closely at the pictures, videos and coverage several times over now, I thought it looked pretty damn good with attention to detail to the rules and modes. The other selling factor for me are the two guys making it. They seem like genuine nice guys, working hard to make a fun ass pin, fielding questions, so it's a win win so far.

#529 7 years ago

I wish Jack or Gary would be so blunt and honest.

#530 7 years ago

Is there any video showing actual gameplay viewing the playfield at the Expo? I logged on my wife's FB to view the ones up there but could find none of gameplay did I miss something?

#531 7 years ago

This past weekend at Expo was the first chance I've had to see the Predator machine in person. To say I'm blown away with what the guys at Skit-B have accomplished so far is an understatement, and I can't wait to see the playfield catch up to the maturity of the software. Almost every time I walked by the machine there was a line of people waiting to play it. The excitement surrounding the project is quite contagious.

It's incredibly rewarding to me to see what what passionate and creative people can implement with a P-ROC. The ruleset is complex and well conceived, and the player login / stats tracking system is very well done. I'd go so far as to say the playing experience rivals (and in many cases exceeds) that of my favorite machines. Congrats to Skit-B for their accomplishments so far and for the overwhelmingly positive response they're receiving from the community!

- Gerry
http://www.multimorphic.com

#532 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Is there any video showing actual gameplay viewing the playfield at the Expo? I logged on my wife's FB to view the ones up there but could find none of gameplay did I miss something?

I've looked and haven't found anything.

#533 7 years ago

Only one I could find:

#535 7 years ago

I do have a couple of questions on the right ramp.

The direction changes are angles, will those be smoothed out into curves for the final versions?

What about long term damage to the ramp from the ball drop, will there at least be mylar patches at that point on the ramp from the .. factory?

Really looking forward to seeing the UV effect at some point in the future, those looked like new strips in there from the last video?

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

There seem to be a lot more 'split personality' new names lately.

aka 'sock puppets'. Wait for the post grudgingly or wholeheartedly agreeing with the troll and you have your guy.

#537 7 years ago

haters-gonna-hate.gif

#538 7 years ago

hmmm. All that would need to be done to see the inlane insert is a lamp above that spot on the black ramps that would tell you. Could be on the sides on the lip of the ramps.

#539 7 years ago

Back to the topic at hand.... now that expo is over, when are you next thinking about some sort of update for us? Month? More? Dunno how long some of those things you have cooking take to come together (like the art, that seems like it could take a while).

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

now that expo is over, when are you next thinking about some sort of update for us?

We're going to try to do more regular update videos. There won't be much developmentally to show off as we move forward, since most of the major stuff has already been seen/announced. We do have an idea of how we are going to do the videos from now on, and I think you guys will really like it. We're looking at something of a "players' guide" for the game, one video at a time, to explain the rules as best as we can so people can understand how the game works on all levels. What do you guys think?

#541 7 years ago

We're looking at something of a "players' guide" for the game, one video at a time, to explain the rules as best as we can so people can understand how the game works on all levels. What do you guys think?

I think that would be awesome!!! Great idea.

#542 7 years ago

Great idea, deliver your regular updates to people and build your instructions at the same time.

#543 7 years ago

What do you guys think?

Sounds awesome!

#544 7 years ago

Kevin...... I hope you didn't miss place Matt's balls again. Lol

#545 7 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Only one I could find:
» YouTube video

GAME LOOKS (pardon my French!). FU**ING AWESOME! YES!YES!! F*ng A!

Rick...PREDATOR #1friggen90!! God darn Sweet!

#546 7 years ago

I played this game at Allentown this year and again this past weekend at Expo. Lots of improvements have been done between shows and this game is looking like a winner.
LOL, the black prototype ramps were an improvement over the temporary clear ones at Allentown. I'm not joking.

After I played this game I muttered "This game is great!!” underneath my breath and skipped away singing a song.

Kim
Proud Pre-Order Predator #68

#547 7 years ago

Kevin......don't forget me...

halloween-pumpkin-motion-sensitive-436.gif

#548 7 years ago

Hi Kevin,

I think I've caught every post, but may have missed this.....any magnets, interactive toys, etc. ?

I think any form of monthly update....email, post etc, is all we need. A monthly video is above and beyond!

Art #100

#549 7 years ago

Hanging dead bodies!

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

GAME LOOKS (pardon my French!). FU**ING AWESOME! YES!YES!! F*ng A!

I forgive you

#91 - Begles, France

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 30.00
Various Novelties
Game Room Info Shop
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 75.00
$ 9.95
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside