View topic image gallery

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 143.
#5301 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

really ready for an update! It's been too long. They were supposed to be shipping first units by now.
skull looks amazing!
D

I could be wrong but I don't think they were ever really firm with a release date. They only posted optimistic time frames. More recently they were I think they said the first would go out late in the year (that is my memory anyway, someone will correct me if I am wrong).

We all want a larger update of course, but I think we can all assume the boys in their garage have been learning a lot recently that will improve the final product for all of us. Remember Jack's frustration in dealing with suppliers for WOZ, I'm sure the same is happening here and they will get through it.

#5302 10 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Can't say anything on any surprises but Kevin did say I could post the pic of the paint job for the skull. Here you go......

Got me excited!
Thanks Matt!

#5303 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Skull is awesome. I wish the playfield art was consistent with the pieces. The game feels like it has a split personality.

i wish i couldn't agree more.

#5304 10 years ago

Yep. Great sculpture with good paint! Much better than Necco Wafer looking grey skull by sling.

#5305 10 years ago

yup !! I'm stolked to be getting one nOw !!! The sKull looks wicked bad!

#5306 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Skull is awesome. I wish the playfield art was consistent with the pieces. The game feels like it has a split personality.

I like the different looks of the game and cant wait to see it all come together. I think its going to amazing and am stoked to be on board!

#5307 10 years ago

Is the skull painted with UV, Paint, Matt?

#5308 10 years ago

HOLY!!! That's the meanest looking thing to be placed on a playfield ever! As if I wasn't pumped enough for this game...

#5310 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yes, PF looks silly, compared to the realistic skull, I would hope they reconsider the PF and maybe do away with the whole cast and focus on I don't know what? Maybe the Predator with H Geiger inspired realistic art.

#5311 10 years ago

lol hAbO... my reaction as well.

The spinal cord also has membrane pieces between the discs that are not pictured. I got to hold the white prototype earlier this year... It is a very high quality piece, it reminds me of the type of material they make the skeletons out of that you saw in science class.

Cant wait. Thanks for the pic Matt.

#5312 10 years ago

Fantastic job Matt! That's a badass skull and bones!

#5313 10 years ago

Looks great!

#5314 10 years ago

Everything looks great! ...AND with surprises to come!

#5315 10 years ago

It sounds like it wasnt just a straight medical model ported over. I love the attention to detail everyone is putting in on this pin. I sounds like it could be something really special when its completed.

Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

lol hAbO... my reaction as well.
The spinal cord also has membrane pieces between the discs that are not pictured. I got to hold the white prototype earlier this year... It is a very high quality piece, it reminds me of the type of material they make the skeletons out of that you saw in science class.
Cant wait. Thanks for the pic Matt.

#5316 10 years ago

I am SO looking forward to expo to hopefully see a nearly complete iteration of the game!!!

I will only be there on Thursday and Friday so I really hope Skit-B will be there at that time!

#5317 10 years ago

I am in agreement with the playfield art. it is underwhelming. A redraw would be awesome

#5318 10 years ago

Why is the Hobitt linked to this? Can a mod remove it?

-Jim

#5319 10 years ago

I'm clicking the delete/X button on the Hobbit link, and nothing happens. I'll try again when I'm not using my work IE to see if I can make it work.

#5320 10 years ago

Here's a cool predator print. Don't know how long it will be available. #34

http://www.mondotees.com/Hunter_p_1151.html

#5321 10 years ago

Sorry to be so scarce, everybody. We're hard at work over here with lots of big things coming together and we're already looking towards Expo.
It's no secret that working with contractors to get parts made takes time and has holdups, but things are moving along quite well. We've gotten some stuff in recently that hasn't been shown/talked about yet that are extremely cool, like custom backbox lighting by CoinTaker lighting! The final game is coming together nicely, and no worries about a complete game this year
Website is assembled and is passing simple tests, so that should be up shortly. All donation appreciation packages have been sent out this week, as well, so if you've been waiting on your T-Shirt (thank you so much for your patience), keep an eye on your mailbox.
Lastly, update emails were sent out to EVERYONE, so if you didn't get it, email me so I can get it out to you again, but please check your junk/spam folders and settings first. Ted, this means you, too, buddy

#5323 10 years ago

Thanks for the update SkitB! #34

#5324 10 years ago
Quoted from vster23:

Here's a cool Predator print. Don't know how long it will be available. #34
http://www.mondotees.com/Hunter_p_1151.html

Heh, I was coming into this thread to post that very link. Now that's what the translite should look like.

#5326 10 years ago

I think this would go with the playfield art a little better color wise but I dig the original also.

Quoted from Aurich:

Heh, I was coming into this thread to post that very link. Now that's what the translite should look like.

#5328 10 years ago

Hhhhhmmmmm....no email - Sending you one now

#5329 10 years ago

#55 Build #79....and counting...

#5330 10 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I am in agreement with the playfield art. it is underwhelming. A redraw would be awesome

I actually like the playfield art. I checked out the Predator comic book art and I think the playfield art is actually of better quality.

Perhaps it could be better, but it could certainly be worse, like some photo montage.

#5331 10 years ago

pretty sure there will not be much change to the art at this stage...

#5332 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure there will not be much change to the art at this stage..

True

#5333 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I actually like the playfield art. I checked out the Predator comic book art and I think the playfield art is actually of better quality.
Perhaps it could be better, but it could certainly be worse, like some photo montage.

I just think many folks were set up to be disappointed because of the artist's portfolio which is, as a rule, somewhat darker in tone and... more angular?

I remain comfortably positive with the art, as long as / especially if, something is done with the Disney huts, the featureless hand and the, with the release of the VUK feature now completely out of place, grey skull.

#5334 10 years ago

I Cant wait to see an update. I personally dont mind the art. I like it and think once the plastics are in place, will look even better.

#5335 10 years ago

I'm #156....100 build...still waiting for the update! Skull looks great guys!

#5336 10 years ago

After seeing the skull toy, I'm excited for this game again!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#5337 10 years ago

If we can get a high rez copy of this art, I can do the graphics and get it ready to be made into an alternate translite....

Predator_art.jpgPredator_art.jpg

#5338 10 years ago

...OR, we could all chip in and have my friend paint one. (probably about $400) Here are samples of his work. I've collected about a dozen of his original paintings.

marquez_art.jpgmarquez_art.jpg

#5339 10 years ago

Already changing thing before we have even seen the finished product.. Lol
Lets slow our role follkes and see what the artist final presentation looks like first.

#5340 10 years ago

I agree...but getting ready, just in case...

#5341 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

If we can get a high rez copy of this art, I can do the graphics and get it ready to be made into an alternate translite....

I like this one.

2893697-The_Predator.jpg2893697-The_Predator.jpg

#5342 10 years ago

Oh, I can see it now....alternative translite A, B and C

#5344 10 years ago

That's pretty cool Ted, good find.....and I like the alt translite, not sure about the open mouth thing though!

#5345 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

not sure about the open mouth thing though!

There should be an "open mouth" image somewhere on the machine, no?

#5346 10 years ago

I've never really been a big fan of the open-mouth Predator and always liked how the movies kept that part minimal for the most part and relevant to what was going on in the movie... With that said, how cool would it be if after you drain or before a mode - all lights go dark, uv kicks on and BAM! there's one pissed off Predator staring you down right in the middle of the playfield...

--Production Number: 121
--Production Order: 80

#5347 10 years ago

Just going to put this here:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f307/?srp=1

I got a Jungle Patrol Dutch and a Predator, then added a few sales items and used the 20% off code Selfaware. I love sales on top of sales.

#5348 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...OR, we could all chip in and have my friend paint one. (probably about $400) Here are samples of his work. I've collected about a dozen of his original paintings.

Looks like he does good work!

#5349 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Looks like he does good work!

Great stuff! If you need anything, I'll hook ya up!

#5350 10 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

all lights go dark, uv kicks on and BAM! there's one pissed off Predator staring you down right in the middle of the playfield...

...you may be on to something here...

There are 7,117 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-predator-info-thread/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.