Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 143.
#4951 6 years ago

Wow. I think some folks need a brew or two to chill out. Does it really matter what build number you are right now - it'll probably change by the time skit-b replies anyway. Personally I'd rather have them spending their time developing this pin than answering rhetorical emails of little value to the big picture. And yeah, it feels like forever since an update, but what the heck, kick back, and lets just hope when the grand wizard does speak we hear something profound.

#4952 6 years ago

Lots of stress and angst on this thread at the moment and not really sure why. Did anyone really expect the machines to ship by now? This is always going to be a labour of love for the Skit-B guys. I'd far rather it shipped 12 months late and was right rather than have it rushed. We know from the pics from Back Alley that something is still happening so I don't feel the need for loads more info at the moment.
Worst case scenario, I lose $250. I'm sure we've all lost far more buying machines that are described as "fully working" then need loads of small repairs. I can understand people wanting to know the build order but if if budgeting is going to be a problem I'm sure Kevin would always let you slide down the order list if you need longer to get the cash together.

Personally I've got far bigger concerns over the Hobbit. Far more cash down and a company with a pretty patchy record of missing delivery dates and releasing machines that aren't ready. Compared to that waiting for the Predator is a breeze!

#4953 6 years ago

^ agreed.

#4954 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Personally I've got far bigger concerns over the Hobbit. Far more cash down and a company with a pretty patchy record of missing delivery dates and releasing machines that aren't ready. Compared to that waiting for the Predator is a breeze!

No stress with the hobbit. He's timing it to coincide with the release of the third movie...

#4955 6 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

I think this is fair. I'm concerned JJP may be using money from Hobbit orders to fund the slow build out of the WOZ machines. WOZ is really growing on me but people need to remember that the person hurt most by the delays with WOZ was JJP as he still had to pay employees and what not . . . his business plan did not foresee this delay he had; so he either raised more money or is doing something else . . . creative . . . to keep the company going.

This is not an attack on JJP; I want that company to be successful.

#4956 6 years ago

When the Skit gang are droppin updates every other week and Kevin is answerin to posts every other day, the crowd is happy/go-lucky. As soon as Skit drops off the radar for a bit, the natives get restless and members are talking about droppin out and $hit? If you have dropped out, why are you still posting on the Pred Thred? There are still a bunch of us that are committed to this project.

#4957 6 years ago

To think, when I saw there were 60 new posts in the last 18 hours, I immediately thought "finally, an update!". I leave disappointed.

#4958 6 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

2)If you're going to commit to a pin shouldnt it be in your budget from the get go for the most part? and doesnt any kind of delay only give everyone more time to save? .

Not in my case. Everyone's finances are their own business. It matters for mine to know when to expect the game delivery and since the build order is dynamic (due to folks leaving) then it is even more important to me.

#4959 6 years ago

I am assuming that we will not see a production order list ever. Many folks may consider the fact that they are even in for a Predator to be a private thing so it is not as simple as Kevin just posting his list and we can all see where we now fall. In conjunction, the entire list is something Skit-B should keep private as it is potentially fodder for the haters to glom on to and could be twisted into many different negative things.

The only right way to do it would be to send out 250 individual emails with your updated slot. Even then, without an idea of when production will start and how quickly/slowly games are made it really does no good since all I think many of us really want is a general idea of when our specirfic game could be made and we are going to need to pony up the cash.

I have NO insider info but I am going to assume the following:

1. SkitB is working VERY hard to put together a near complete "final" prototype in time for Chicago Expo.

2. The website will be back up and revamped with some new info sometime around/prior to expo

3. The first production games will get built sometime around Q4-2013/Q1-2014.

4. They will shoot to produce 10 games a week (I think this was said before by Kevin), but will likely be ~5 per week at start (my guess) and after a few production runs they will be able to get that number closer to 10 per week. This means production will take 6-12 months for all games to roll out.

5. Approximately 40 slots have dropped and backfilled in the past 9 months and there is still a sizable wait list currently. If you were further back on the production order then you may have moved up 40 slots at most. If you were further up then obviously you have moved up fewer slots. I was close to 220, so I will assume that I am near 190-200 mark now.

6. Given the math, IF production starts at the end of this year and my assumption of 5-10 per week is correct then I have a chance of seeing my game around June 2014 at earliest.

Untill I here differently on first production game that it the best I can assume for now given the things Skit-B has said in the past and things we can logically deduce from this thread.

#4960 6 years ago

I also got my hopes up that an update was posted when I saw how many new posts were made, only to find out it's more psychobabble. By the time this thread gets to where it's going, Skit B will be hunted down by Predators, but the Predators will be the Pinsiders............

#4961 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have NO insider info but I am going to assume the following:

1. SkitB is working VERY hard to put together a near complete "final" prototype in time for Chicago Expo.

2. The website will be back up and revamped with some new info sometime around/prior to expo

3. The first production games will get built sometime around Q4-2013/Q1-2014.

That's probably bang on. The rest of the list with production though is all up in the air. That the boys have to figure out everything as they do it, I expect slow going on producing machines, but that is OK and I expect it.

Hey, if anyone was around when BBB was being produced, how long did it take them to produce all the 200 machines? That to me might be comparable. Those were not made in a factory but built in a warehouse, so I imagine it might be the same.

#4962 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's probably bang on. The rest of the list with production though is all up in the air. That the boys have to figure out everything as they do it, I expect slow going on producing machines, but that is OK and I expect it.
Hey, if anyone was around when BBB was being produced, how long did it take them to produce all the 200 machines? That to me might be comparable. Those were not made in a factory but built in a warehouse, so I imagine it might be the same.

Pretty sure BBB was a three year en devour...

#4963 6 years ago

You know what they say about assumptions....

#4964 6 years ago

All I know, as a small business, is that customers that need their privates held for them when they pee are a PIA. When I have to go to the facilities with them to hold their "junk", I am not getting any work done. I get work done much faster and of a higher quality when left alone.

Now multiply that by 250+. Skit -B has a job to do. When it is done, it will be done, and not a moment sooner. It is impossible for them to tell anyone when anything will be done. This is their first endeavor. Skit-B can't predict what each day will bring and when all the subcontractors will come through.

Anyone politely or impolitely asking for updates because they have at least $250 in the deal needs to just chill out and wait. If you can't wait, get out. This is not the pinball machine for you. Quit pestering Skit-B. The more you pester, the longer it is going to take. Does anyone realize how long it takes to get back on task when you get interrupted?

I personally do not want a rushed out piece of crap pinball machine just to satisfy the few squeaking wheels.

My message to Skit-B: Ignore us and do the job!

#4965 6 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

If you have dropped out, why are you still posting on the Pred Thred?

That hadn't occurred to me...it's probably a good question.

Regarding a production list: I'd be surprised if any company worth their salt would go publishing this sort of thing. There would be all sorts of privacy issues both externally & internally. I get that most of us here are all pumped about it & are proud to sign off with our order numbers, but for various reasons there would be other SKIT B customers desiring anonymity. Also, the boys don't need us policing their schedule of "who's next" once production begins.

I just figured that anything we got from the boys has been more than anyone has ever got from a manufacturer before...so I've been grateful & really enjoyed the process. It's probably important we give these guys a little bit of respect or we may not get the type of access we've been lucky enough to have with Predator ever again.

No need to acknowledge this post boys...keep making that FREAKING AWESOME game!

Cheers #64

#4966 6 years ago

Sorry for not catching your 2 posts in a 100 page thread When I was put on the pre-order list I didn’t ask about the build number as it wasn’t that big of a deal to me. Actually, I'd want a higher build number so that some of the bugs get worked out.

Besides BBB this would be the 2nd boutique pin purchase. I'm basing my expectations from that experience. There wasn’t a ton of information being given out then. No build numbers were given then and I didn’t expect them this time. Do other boutique pin shops publically give their build numbers out on a routinely?

I’ve worked in a number of customer service oriented jobs in my younger days. Not everyone needs the same level of customer service as another. You maybe the type that requires a higher level of customer service. Emailing them every time it's rumored someone drops out for an updated build number seems a bit like bugging/spamming them. Right now they probably don’t have time to email all 250 people to inform them of their new build number. Just saying.

Quoted from Pinballdad:

Perhaps you did not catch all the details in the thread. I have two posts in this thread asking for an update and (1) email. Just wondering (needing to know) the build order list. I put out $250 over 7 months ago in good faith. I learned, through this forum, that some have dropped off and thus created a situation where others advanced forward in the build # order. My needs are pretty simple. I need Skit-B (aka-Kevin) to inform what the current build order list is. Real simple request. I can imagine that K and company have some pretty serious supplier conversations...heated discussions...normal course of business...here is little ole me that has put out $250 without any formal binding details of the delivery...simply asking for what build order number am I now??????????????????????
Pretty simple and it has been a couple months. I really would like to know already Kevin.
Thanks in advance if you find the time to issue an updated build order list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4967 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

To think, when I saw there were 60 new posts in the last 18 hours, I immediately thought "finally, an update!". I leave disappointed.

Quoted from NYP:

I also got my hopes up that an update was posted when I saw how many new posts were made, only to find out it's more psychobabble.

"Psychobabble".
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I'm waiting for updates too, and the most annoying thing for me in this thread is people uselessly upping the post count by posting to a pinball discussion forum dedicated to Predator pinball for the sole purpose of complaining about people artificially upping the post count by actually discussing Predator pinball.

#4968 6 years ago

Up the post count! There's a novel idea. Hoping to be the first post on the 100th page.

#4969 6 years ago

maybe we need more ponies to get an update?

my_little_pop_icons_8.jpg

#4970 6 years ago

thread_direction.gif

#4971 6 years ago

#4972 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My opinion is that it will NOT be a similar journey. I don't think we will be waiting 2 1/2 years for Predator. This is not WOZ, as stated somewhere above...

I really hope not, nobody thought we'd be waiting for 2 1/2 years for Woz either, maybe these guys have found a short cut to build a pinball machine from scratch.....

In any event, people should be prepared to be patient......

#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Anyone politely or impolitely asking for updates because they have at least $250 in the deal needs to just chill out and wait. If you can't wait, get out. This is not the pinball machine for you. Quit pestering Skit-B. The more you pester, the longer it is going to take. Does anyone realize how long it takes to get back on task when you get interrupted?

I personally do not want a rushed out piece of crap pinball machine just to satisfy the few squeaking wheels.

Brilliant.

#4974 6 years ago

They can take as much time as they need. I will not be jumping ship.
#10 build #25 if it bleeds we can kill it.

#4975 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

Can I share this with everyone I do work for?

#4976 6 years ago

I got 99 posts and an OP aint one !

Hit me!

#4977 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

"Psychobabble".
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Inigo agrees with you!
inigo-montoya-word-gif.gif

#4978 6 years ago

I tried reading everything...I was getting a headache! Lol! I too was hoping for a Skit-B update!!!
I met Kevin at MPE (though he really never gave me time), he (and his mom) seemed really cool!
If build order is an issue....I will voluntarily take last! I am in no hurry and I trust in what these guys are doing. I'm sure they are experiencing major headaches right now trying to coordinate everything for the grand finale!!
Kevin, if you are still alive , you are still more than welcome to use my restaurant as a launching pad for your Canadian games!!!! I'm only 45min away!!

Kyle

#4979 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Perhaps you did not catch all the details in the thread. I have two posts in this thread asking for an update and (1) email. Just wondering (needing to know) the build order list. I put out $250 over 7 months ago in good faith. I learned, through this forum, that some have dropped off and thus created a situation where others advanced forward in the build # order. My needs are pretty simple. I need Skit-B (aka-Kevin) to inform what the current build order list is. Real simple request. I can imagine that K and company have some pretty serious supplier conversations...heated discussions...normal course of business...here is little ole me that has put out $250 without any formal binding details of the delivery...simply asking for what build order number am I now??????????????????????
Pretty simple and it has been a couple months. I really would like to know already Kevin.
Thanks in advance if you find the time to issue an updated build order list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paid 4750 total up front. Could care less about updates. Just let me know when it's delivered.

Some of you guys whining...

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I tried reading everything...I was getting a headache! Lol! I too was hoping for a Skit-B update!!!
I met Kevin at MPE (though he really never gave me time), he (and his mom) seemed really cool!
If build order is an issue....I will voluntarily take last! I am in no hurry and I trust in what these guys are doing. I'm sure they are experiencing major headaches right now trying to coordinate everything for the grand finale!!
Kevin, if you are still alive , you are still more than welcome to use my restaurant as a launching pad for your Canadian games!!!! I'm only 45min away!!
Kyle

Kevin is alive, I can tell you that much.

#4981 6 years ago

This thread needs more bitching about Sans-script I think....

#4982 6 years ago

Yep - mine is paid up $4750, too. #203
I hope they are more vocal on time frames than JJP are once production starts. Maybe bi-weekly updates.
I think JJP needs to post every week and say any LE ordered before so and so date has shipped - so you have an idea where you are.

I ordered Feb 22, 2011 and still don't have my game.
Agree - don't need updates really, but would appreciate an updated timeframe as finished units were supposed to start shipping this month initially, right?

D

#4983 6 years ago

This thread just hit 100 pages and no one noticed!!!! That amazes me.

#4984 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This thread just hit 100 pages and no one noticed!!!! That amazes me.

oh I noticed it, I was just being quiet.

#4985 6 years ago

I thought this was funny...

Bitches.jpg

#4986 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

...Anyone politely or impolitely asking for updates because they have at least $250 in the deal needs to just chill out and wait. If you can't wait, get out....

Wrong. wrong...very wrong. In so many ways. To keep it short let us just say that anyone that tells someone else what to do in a forum is wrong period! You will never find a post from me here, or any cyber space, saying something like you just did. My bus is my bus and I have every right to ask for an updated build order list whether I paid out $250 or $2,500...matters not at all. I am right for asking for something I am entitled to and you are wrong for telling/instructing/ordering other people to do something because you just do not agree with it.

Unreal.

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Paid 4750 total up front. Could care less about updates. Just let me know when it's delivered.
Some of you guys whining...

Whatever. So your post was to brag about your amount paid in? Or something else? You quote my text and then use the whine word generally? Whatever. This thread (several within it) will never change. A few here try to dictate other people and how they should act/believe the way they do. If anyone needs to chill out it's you folks that jump in every time with rubbish.

Unreal

#4988 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

I am right for asking for something I am entitled to and you are wrong for telling/instructing/ordering other people to do something because you just do not agree with it.

Yes, you are right asking for something you FEEL you are entitled to. But, this is a different situation. Would you call Stern and ask them where your machine is on the build list after you gave a deposit?
We have a unique situation with these guys. They are doing the best they can, I feel.
It's also your right, if you feel you have been treated unfairly, to drop out. Just because we gave a deposit, I don't believe that gives us the right to demand they drop everything and answer every question asked here. ...but, yes, it is your right to ASK. JMO

#4989 6 years ago

And in other news....

This is so wrong

#4990 6 years ago

We all know there is only one way to get a thread back on the right track.

boobs-jiggle-21.gif

#4991 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I thought this was funny...

That's Fernando. He's a homeless dude who lives by my brother's theater. He's pretty damn funny. He used to have a rat he named Even Steven.

The internet has made this a very small world.

#4992 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Whatever. So your post was to brag about your amount paid in? Or something else? You quote my text and then use the whine word generally? Whatever. This thread (several within it) will never change. A few here try to dictate other people and how they should act/believe the way they do. If anyone needs to chill out it's you folks that jump in every time with rubbish.
Unreal

Yep.

#4993 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I'm going to politely suggest Skit-B ignore this message. Please do not consider your fans questions and requests as pestering. We are spending a good amount on this project and don't deserve the well if you have questions just get out. It is easy for some on the back end to say oh it is all good come out when ever. You will get an idea on when you will get your pin based on the ones before you. Those in front do deserve a bit of notice. IMO it is a big mistake for us to communicate to makers 'ignore us' we are their fans and buy their products. Instead I would say listen to us even if you don't take everything 100% serious listen to your fans. Just as others have begun to listen to fans complain about unacceptable code and improve on games that might of been left by the waste side if fans did not speak out and say something.

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm going to politely suggest Skit-B ignore this message. Please do not consider your fans questions and requests as pestering. We are spending a good amount on this project and don't deserve the well if you have questions just get out. It is easy for some on the back end to say oh it is all good come out when ever. You will get an idea on when you will get your pin based on the ones before you. Those in front do deserve a bit of notice. IMO it is a big mistake for us to communicate to makers 'ignore us' we are their fans and buy their products. Instead I would say listen to us even if you don't take everything 100% serious listen to your fans. Just as others have begun to listen to fans complain about unacceptable code and improve on games that might of been left by the waste side if fans did not speak out and say something.

So, Don't you think if Skit-B has anything to say they would say it?

Are Skit-B holding out information because they are waiting for people to call and email and won't release any information until they get emails?

The most annoying thing in my world is when I am working on a project and the owner on the project keeps calling asking for updates. I am always truthful. I tell them that there is no change in status. If there is anything that I need or when it is done, I will call them. There is no need to call me and ask for updates, because if I haven't called them there is nothing to say. I remind them that I am only one person.

I love my customers. I treat them with love and respect. But I do have to remind them, that once their work is left with me, my only concern is doing the best job possible, the first time.

But i guess if you have never "worked" for a living, you have no perspective. "I want (my Skit-B pinball machine) a golden goose daddy and I want (it) one now (stamps foot)!)

How many people work at skit-b? Two? Three? Do you want the skit-b time focused on making a kick ass pinball machine or fluffing your junk?

When I see some of the replies on this thread I just cringe at the selfishness and entitlement attitude.

I believe skit-b has done an admirable job on getting feedback. But at the end of the day, its their pinball machine they are building, no matter what feedback we give. After that we vote with our wallets. I have every bit of faith that when Skit-B has something to say, they will say it.

Patience is a virtue

#4995 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Unreal

You know what irony means?

It's funny to me that you started this exact same shit a few months ago and you got your way, and now that you're not, you're throwing a tantrum. I don't know what makes you think you're entitled to demand things from a business, but in case you haven't noticed, we all want the same thing here. I just notice that it seems everybody but one person here is going about it a different way. But, with all of the "I" and "Me" in your posts, I doubt you'll ever truly understand what everyone's trying to tell you.

#4996 6 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

You know what irony means?
It's funny to me that you started this exact same shit a few months ago and you got your way, and now that you're not, you're throwing a tantrum. I don't know what makes you think you're entitled to demand things from a business, but in case you haven't noticed, we all want the same thing here. I just notice that it seems everybody but one person here is going about it a different way. But, with all of the "I" and "Me" in your posts, I doubt you'll ever truly understand what everyone's trying to tell you.

Let the children cry. It's impotent Internet rage...doesn't matter. I'll see my pin when it's ready. In the meantime, I'll enjoy my life. Skitbpinball have been great with the updates, but less posts here means time spent elsewhere, get it?

#4997 6 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

But i guess if you have never "worked" for a living, you have no perspective. "I want (my Skit-B pinball machine) a golden goose daddy and I want (it) one now (stamps foot)!)
How many people work at skit-b? Two? Three? Do you want the skit-b time focused on making a kick ass pinball machine or fluffing your junk?
When I see some of the replies on this thread I just cringe at the selfishness and entitlement attitude.

Well you make some serious presumptions for not personally knowing the people you claim have never 'worked' for a living and have no perspective. If you were trying to imply it in my case I can assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Not to mention pretty rude. You are welcome to run your business how you feel fit but it is a bit short sighted to think all businesses should or will operate in the same manner.

If by fluff my junk is referring to wanting to know when $5K will be needed then yes give it a good fluffing please. What makes me cringe is people pretending like they personally know others and throw out silly words like if 'you've never worked for a living' and what not. Like you can barely see those you are looking down upon from your high horse. I am fine agreeing to disagree but am not with someone throwing out broad insults regarding people they don't know anything about.

#4998 6 years ago

Patiently waiting for the next update.

I too would rather they be hard at work on a presumed masterpiece then telling us what step to completion they are in. They have very minimal funds from me at this time. With their business model I would gladly wait. At least they did not have our money for years in waiting.

Every time I have spoken to one of the guys at Skit-B I felt like they are doing everything right.
Very nice, open and honest about everything you can ask about. Nothing is better than passion and transparency in my opinion.

#4999 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

It's impotent Internet rage

#5000 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Nothing is better than passion and transparency in my opinion.

What about big heavy fleshy boobs? Or, a $100 bill every time you put your hand in your pocket?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 131.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 119.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside