Topic Stats

• 7,117 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 590 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-108.jpg
mondocreepshowvariant.jpg
603014_10152354237528677_125651998_n.jpg
Predator2.jpg
predator.jpg
image.jpg
ladypredator.jpg
Free-Shipping-Jewelry-Earring-display-font-b-Necklace-b-font-showcase-Jewelry-Display-Rack-stand-font.jpg
26.jpg
23.jpg
1392926019628.jpg
20140220_135226.jpg
predatormaskoff.gif
predator-homeworld-cartoon.png
image-450.jpg
image-815.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 143.
#451 7 years ago

I think they get it. And I think most of guys on the preorder list get it to. Not only are you signing up for a kickass game, your signing on with these guys. They don't have an once of bad karma hanging on them. No disapointing last game with unfinished code. Delivery times missed again and again. If these guy come through with it( and I'm betting they do), they're setting themselves up with dream careers. They won't be in the basement for long. So I'm in the, take your time and get it right crowd.

#452 7 years ago

Anyone know how they are planning to manufacture these? 2-3 at a time by themselves? Just curious.

Take all the time you guys need..... but just know ive sworn off buying all other pins until i get this one in my house. I'm letting deals slip past me and i know it'll be worth it.

#453 7 years ago

I think they plan on putting them together themselves (plus a few helpers) in small batches of 5 to 10 at a time. I think this is a GREAT idea and the correct way to go for a game like this.

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think they plan on putting them together themselves (plus a few helpers) in small batches of 5 to 10 at a time. I think this is a GREAT idea and the correct way to go for a game like this.

Cool. I thought this was the case.

#455 7 years ago

It was great meeting Kevin, Aaron and the rest of the skitb team. Predator was the highlight of the expo for me. I have complete confidence that they will make great game. Killing spree was my favorite mode, although Hunt mode could be cooler once the UV paint is put on.

A very happy #34

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

After talking to them and the artist I think it would be almost impossible to have a completed machine by xmass. There are also supply issues, ramps, toys, machinery, let alone polishing code and testing. Who knows tho, these guys are drivin! I wish 'em all the luck in the world. As a matter of fact I'll donate a case of Monster to the cause.

+1. Not to be negative, but I don't see this happening by Christmas or January given where they are in the process. Maybe by March/April. I also think it's going to take much longer than planned to crank out all the machines beign "sold", especially the first few. Hope I am VERY wrong tho.

#457 7 years ago

Take your time Skit B team. We can all anxiously wait for a great product and finished result.

Good things come to those who wait!

#458 7 years ago

Do not despise the day of small beginnings.

When Skit B gets done making it right,....

Dan

#459 7 years ago

Does anyone know how many are left after expo?

#460 7 years ago

No, we haven't officially heard. I'm hoping to hear that they are sold out. Per my list on the owners thread, we are at 113 Pinsiders right now.

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What is interesting is their programming is much farther along than a pin is normally at this stage. I would think things will come together real quick later.

Yeah, I think this was the right move, going straight from whitewood layout to putting time into the code.

The big joke with WOZ at the moment is they've got all this 'stuff' hardware/art wise - and there's nothing using it, like it's stuck in development hell. I do wonder if the choice to use a full size display is slowing things down - and the clips I've seen so far were rather annoying.

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Does anyone know how many are left after expo?

At the seminar on Friday afternoon I think they said 15 spots were still open.

I talked to Kevin & Aaron several times in the booth and they answered every one of my questions regarding development and production. There were a few subjects they would not discuss because the details have not been hammered out yet.

It's one thing to see the videos, listen to the podcasts and read the posts, but it's a different experience to walk up and shake someones hand and look into their eyes.

I walked away completely confident that their vision will become a reality sometime in 2013.

#463 7 years ago

Was anyone getting video of the seminar?

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Was anyone getting video of the seminar?

I believe someone did but not sure who. It was more like a Q & A session. Not much new infomation except that they are gonna try and get them all out by next year with the first batch going out in late spring or early summer. They did say they were gonna try and get 2 done by christmas but I honestly don't see that happening.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

At the seminar on Friday afternoon I think they said 15 spots were still open.

When I talked to them late Friday Night there were only 11 spots left.

#466 7 years ago

Come on Kev!....Time to Close This Puppy Out!

#467 7 years ago

The longer I wait the more confident I am that a Kick-Ass product is coming. It is in their best interest to do it right. Their second machine could be a high production blockbuster if this is done correctly. I wish them all the luck. Competition is needed in every business, and it always ends up with better products with better prices for the consumer.

#468 7 years ago

I attended the expo in Chicago this past week and was able to attend both Skit-B's and Stern's seminars. What really puzzled me was some of the comments from Gary Stern relating to the development of their pins - he thinks pins are too difficult to learn and that pinheads are playing them too long, not making any money for the vending company. In essence he's stuck between three customers (vending company, the pinball enthusiast, and joe schmoe with a dollar to burn) - how do you design and mfg. an enjoyable game for everyone - you can't and ultimately no-one is satisfied. It's refreshing to see Skit-B's approach - they're customer centric - they know their customer; the pinball enthusiast that's willing to shell out $5K for a pin, and they're building a pin that they're customers are going to want and love. Deep rule-sets, data tracking, kick-ass mature theme, hand drawn playfield art - a complete package that pinball has been lacking since the pinnacle of Williams' (MM, AFM, TOTAN, etc.). I finally got a chance to play this sweet game at the expo and so far am very impressed. They still have a ways to go in polishing the game up, IMO, but they've got the underlying makings of a great pin. As long as the quality and integrity continues to go along with their already great work I only see good things for these laid back guys.

#469 7 years ago

Gary was humming that same tune back in 09. Well, it's 2012 now and the pinball landscape has certainly changed. In just three short years manufactures such as JJP, Jpop, Skit-B and the P-3 guys have begun to address the gaps in the pinball collector market. Stern is paying attention too, but now we have the option to spent our collector dollars on a different boat and ride along with the rising tide of new innovators.

It's a good time to be in the hobby.

#470 7 years ago

Yes it is. Right here on Pinside there are over 100 orders for Predator. That's a lot of collectors that might not be buying the next Stern. (I'm excluding the money people that can buy 4 NIB's in a year!)

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Come on Kev!....Time to Close This Puppy Out!

You're right, it is time to close it out. All 250 pre-orders have been filled as of this morning. We will still keep a running waitlist as we move on, as we've all speculated people will be dropping out as commitments become necessary. Thanks to everyone involved for making this project such a success, even in its infancy! Now time to go update the first post.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

We will still keep a running waitlist as we move on, as we've all speculated people will be dropping out as commitments become necessary.

Good idea Skit because you can guarantee people will bail when it comes to putting cash on the table. Sad but true.

#473 7 years ago
Quoted from SkitBPinball:

All 250 pre-orders have been filled as of this morning.

Congrats! It was only a matter of time. Looking forward to see this project progress!

#474 7 years ago

Couldnt of said it better Buschjs. Congrats guys. Now Expo is over so get back to work building us the most kick ass pinball of all time.

#475 7 years ago

I'd beg for change under the freeway overpass before I'd bail on my Predator!!!

#476 7 years ago

Woo cant wait! Congrats Skit-B!

#477 7 years ago

Surprised this didn't sellout a bit quicker. Glad that it did and Congrats to the SkitB team!

#478 7 years ago

Not going to quote the whole thing, but in relation to t-800's post, this is the pin I've been waiting for, and I doubt I'll ever see one in the wild, let alone one close to home.

It was the main reason for dropping this kind of money, but the more I wait and the more I hear, the more confident I am that it will be worth every penny.

Congrats Aaron and Kevin. Good luck moving forward.

#479 7 years ago

$1.25 million...now take our money and GET TO DA CHOPPA. Amazing times happening. A KILLER 5k pin with a dreamed of theme and adult oriented to boot. You will have to tell us if you made enough money to make it worth it - because we want more. If you create a business here that can make y'all a living for the forseeable future then I think you will have achieved the American Dream. If it is y'alls dream also then you could really explode here into something life changing. Kudos is not a strong enough word.

#480 7 years ago

Yeah! What he said!

#481 7 years ago

I think it possibly took so long to sell out just for the fact that most if not all the orders are from dedicated people that have thought long and hard about spending this 5k. I know I did and I waited a long time to be confident in that I could spend it. Wish I got in sooner but couldn't be sure on the money until then. I'm guessing a lot of people were in the same boat.

#482 7 years ago

Nice work Kevin and Aaron
Congrats on filling your pre-orders and a great expo.
I'm super excited to see you guys really dig in and make this project come to life and get the recognition you both richly deserve.
Looking forward to more great updates over the coming weeks! And don't rush on my account
As much as I can't wait to play #3, it'll be all that much sweeter to follow the process and see you guys knock this out of the park!

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

I think it possibly took so long to sell out just for the fact that most if not all the orders are from dedicated people that have thought long and hard about spending this 5k.

We totally understand all that. It also should be noted that we never paid to advertise in any way

Quoted from rommy:

$1.25 million...

That really puts a lot into perspective, doesn't it? We, as people, won't be seeing much of that, but all of the companies and manufacturers of our parts will get a nice boost and yes, it should take care of us enough to get us to pin number two. Whatever that may be

Quoted from Silverballer:

get back to work building us the most kick ass pinball of all time.

We're on it!

Quoted from Drano:

Looking forward to more great updates over the coming weeks!

We're certainly going to be keeping up on the updates. We had a lot of fun making the last one and people seemed to like it, so we're going to kinda continue down that route.

#484 7 years ago

I played Predator at Expo. The problem is that I didn't have any actual fun playing it.

I don't know what you guys were smoking, but three weeks ago you posted a video where you had clear ramps on the game. You showed up at expo with OPAQUE BLACK ramps on the game.

WHAT were you guys smoking? The NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT against AC/DC is that people can't see what's going on around the right inlane, and you guys cover not only the inlanes but most of the outlanes ON BOTH SIDES!??!!?? HORRENDOUSLY BAD presentation -- put me off the game pretty hard.

It flat out DOESN'T MATTER that the clear ramps looked like crap. The point is THEY WERE CLEAR. Going with the completely black ramps meant that ANYTHING that went ANYWHERE NEAR either the inlane or outlane on either side was COMPLETELY unsaveable. You turned a game of pinball into a game of pachinko. If I WANTED to play pachinko, I'D BE PLAYING PACHINKO!

Throwing James under the bus for your incompetence/ignorance on ramp making was also very poor form as well. You would be perfectly fine saying "we wanted to have X but it didn't work out", but throwing James under the bus by name for something that wasn't his problem but a problem of your making isn't cool. James is a highly valued member of the pinball community! His product has helped me save many of my games! Not cool in the least!

Clean up your act guys -- your expo showing was low class on multiple fronts. If you're going to be in business making pinball machines, act like you're IN BUSINESS. That means you don't talk crap about your suppliers with every Tom, Dick, and Harry that walks up to the booth. (EVEN IF they deserve it, which in this case they didn't.) Being in business means that you take your lumps and go with the playable ramps even if they look like melted soda bottles. Being in business means acting like professionals, not like two guys who escaped their garage. It's entirely OK to be two guys who escaped their garage (look at Dennis & Greg!) -- just don't ACT like it.

#485 7 years ago

Not sure what is going on re ramps but guessing the guys know they need good looking ramps, otherwise they risk losing pre-orders, so probably work in progress.

#486 7 years ago

Could you post a group pic and a list of who does what?

I understand this is a 1-2 year process. Take your good time, the anticipation or buildup is a good thing.

Keep up the video updates, they are like watching 'Clerks'. I like you guys joking around as much as the actual gameplay video.

I have other pins to play and may have to sell one to make room so I don't mind a delay.

#487 7 years ago

You know they will be clear so what's the problem. I'm glad they had new ramps made that worked properly. At Allentown the ramps were very narrow and home built. They world but were hard to hit and not the smoothest. I'd rather have nice ones in black so I could see how those shots should feel and know that they will be clear when I get it instead of look I can see my ball in the in lane but I can't hit the ramp. I will just assume the ramps will work when I get it.

As far as knocking the vendor of the ramps I believe they said here they couldn't get clear ones from him in time for expo. Not sure that's throwing him under the bus or more a statement that they hadn't had time to order a set of clear ones in advance far enough as they have been rather busy

#488 7 years ago

That's like saying that you know the wheels are going to be round instead of square so what's the problem? The problem is that as shown the game was nearly unplayable. I played it once and was so put off by them that I didn't even push start for a second. Next day I decided to give the game a second shake and after two games was still so put off I muttered "this is horseshit" underneath my breath and walked away, shaking my head. Talking with other people many had the same reaction. If it wasn't a new game that nobody had seen or played before it would quickly have found itself idle.

I guess if you don't ever play your games you might not see the problem. Try it on your own games and see how fun it is. Tape a folder over the left inlane and outlane area, and do the same thing with the right inlane and outlane, then play a game. Fun? Nope.

#489 7 years ago

The expo video I saw on YouTube, they were hiting ramp after ramp. I heard you couldn't see well but it is t permanent.

#490 7 years ago

I heard the game had no art on the playfield. It looked like horseshit. They should be ashamed of themselves. </sarcasm>

#491 7 years ago

Would you rather see the lanes and have the ramps unhittable? I understand that not seeing them stinks but at least when you can hit a ramp in a prototype game you can get a feel for flow and how it plays. It's still a whitewood. It's not going to be a perfect game.

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

That's like saying that you know the wheels are going to be round instead of square so what's the problem? The problem is that as shown the game was nearly unplayable.

Yeah, it's not at all like JJP bringing an unfinished WOZ to a show a few months back with no working GI and no action other than a ball flipping up and down the playfield. What are these guys thinking actually showing us a game in development. If you enjoy mystery and zero input, go buy a Stern!

And, why stop at the ramps? Why not slam them for the pencil-drawn playfield art they're proposing? Man, won't that look like crap! Haven't you guys heard of color before???

I would expect this reaction if the game was being billed as finished or near-finished.

#493 7 years ago

Next day I decided to give the game a second shake and after two games was still so put off I muttered "this is horseshit" underneath my breath and walked away, shaking my head.

uh, ok, we get it. Do us a favor and don't buy one.....

duh_smiley.gif

#494 7 years ago

The only horseshit I see are those two posts. Apparently 250 people are cool with the progress. They sold out their run without ever having to go to Charm School. But, the good thing is that they didn't dupe you into paying anything up front for a Predator machine, then string you along for months and months on end. You managed to walk away unscathed! Kudos, good sir.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from KindOfRadNow:

I played Predator at Expo. The problem is that I didn't have any actual fun playing it.
I don't know what you guys were smoking, but three weeks ago you posted a video where you had clear ramps on the game. You showed up at expo with OPAQUE BLACK ramps on the game.
WHAT were you guys smoking?? HORRENDOUSLY BAD presentation -- put me off the game pretty hard.
It flat out DOESN'T MATTER that the clear ramps looked like crap. The point is THEY WERE CLEAR. Going with the completely black ramps meant that ANYTHING that went ANYWHERE NEAR either the inlane or outlane on either side was COMPLETELY unsaveable. You turned a game of pinball into a game of pachinko. If I WANTED to play pachinko, I'D BE PLAYING PACHINKO!

You are in luck, i have it on good authority that Skit-B's next title is...wait for it....Pachinko!!

I can see how you would be upset. I mean putting all that money down on a presale for a crappy theme, and not being able to have direct input into the development, and being promised multiple release dates...oh wait.

I don't care about their marketing and presentation skills...nor black ramps on a WIP demo. I do care about their ability to make a fun and unique pin with customer (players) feedback....which they have been demonstrating quite publically.

#496 7 years ago

Haha good posts KingofRad. We know you're James' friend and all but I don't think anyone threw him under the bus. I'm sure SkitB appreciates the constructive criticism? Can't speak for everyone but I can think of about 250 people that disagree with you. Most of them in this topic.

Anyway, welcome to pinside I guess. Can you find your own way out of this topic?

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Yeah, it's not at all like JJP bringing an unfinished WOZ to a show a few months back with no working GI and no action other than a ball flipping up and down the playfield. What are these guys thinking actually showing us a game in development. If you enjoy mystery and zero input, go buy a Stern!
And, why stop at the ramps? Why not slam them for the pencil-drawn playfield art they're proposing? Man, won't that look like crap! Haven't you guys heard of color before???
I would expect this reaction if the game was being billed as finished or near-finished.

Lol. I love this response. Just to add to the sarcasm - what, you need a computer outside the pin to run this thing? haven't you guys heard of programmable circuit boards?

As everyone has said a WIP is called a WIP for that reason... it's a work in freakin' progress!! Yeah it was hard to see the ball coming around the left orbit, but you know what, I crouched down and could see the ball just fine - my little brain is capable of envisioning (notice the word vision embedded in there) what the final product may be like. As for the prototype (there it is again - prototype - as in still being developed/perfected) being unplayable I'm not sure what expo you were at... I had a lot of fun playing the game, launched quite a few mulitballs, got to one of the wizard modes, even broke a billion points (which I guess is a decent score considering my limited knowledge of the rule set at this time). All those things adds up to a playable game to me. But who knows maybe my math is off...

#498 7 years ago

Would I rather see the ramps unhittable or rather see the inlanes? Good question, but there's absolutely NO REASON I should have to make this choice. If those clear ramps were as unhittable as you claim (and I'm not so sure that's true), then you saw off the bottom third of the black ramps and glue the bottom third of the clear ramps on them. That'll fix the problem (by the time the ball gets to the clear section it's pretty much headed straight down and can be handled by anything) without throwing blinders over 33% of the critical lower playfield. It was a work in progress -- it can be ugly, but it CANNOT be dysfunctional. That's why no art doesn't rate a mention as it doesn't affect game play. Throwing blinders over the in/out lanes affects EVERY ball played on that game in a drastically negative way. You just can't do that and expect people to take you seriously.

And yes, I DO feel very smart that I disregarded the pinside hype ("suckers!") and avoided buying one of these after playing it at expo, thank you very much. Predator needs to get MILES better before it's worth much of anything except to those who like looking at their games rather than playing them.

As for the Jack/WoZ comparisons, this isn't a WoZ thread. Stay on topic.

#499 7 years ago

Don't feed the troll simple. As Gambit said above the only horseshit is the guys actual posts complaining about something that was said on the day was temporary, the posts are just bashing for the sake of it with no real justification just rant after rant.

Times like these I say thank you Robin for that ignore button "click"

#500 7 years ago

Complaints about game play are now being labeled trolling because they don't agree with the hive mind. Pinside hits a new low.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 26.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 7,500.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
There are 7117 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 143.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside