Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Just picked up a good condition, fully working 1990 phantom pinball, and after the move, the right flipper is 100% non responsive. Left flipper works great still. I checked for loose/broken wires, checked all fuses, and all connections on the flipper board, but no success. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#3 12 years ago

Switch appears fine, all connections appear tight. It worked well before the move. Anywhere else I should check that could be the problem?

#6 12 years ago

Robert, when the game is on but not in play, the lights flash the same. As soon as I hit the credit button the upper led does not light all, left works fine. Thoughts?

Thank you!

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

mojozone said:All conections are tight and reseated? How is the EOS on that flipper?
Don't believe POTO has EOS's....DE switched to solid state flipper control with Robocop (game before POTO) without EOS's...They used a fixed 40ms delay before engaging the low power. It wasn't until JP that EOS's were re-introduced.

The flipper switch is a microswitch attached to something that looks like part of a leaf switch.

#11 12 years ago

Diagnostic mode yields no flip. What should I clean on the switch, the microswitch itself?

#17 12 years ago

Robert I will try this tomorrow and let you know, thank you for all the suggestions.

1 week later
#18 12 years ago

I finally got time to try all the suggestions listed here, still no joy. I tested continuity of the flipper coil, the microswitch, all fuses, I removed and reset all cn's listed above, checked all connections that are made in and around the head box (it was folded down in transport), and then even went as far replacing all fuses.

I check the flipper board, it is 9 pin. Anyone have any other suggestions other than ordering anew flipper board? Unfortunately I don't have any other data east games to test it out, but if someone close to Southington ct has one and would be willing to help I would appreciate the favor.

Any other suggestions (whether they are obvious or not) please feel free to add them, As I am pretty new to pinball repair and may be overlooking something simple.

Thanks!

#20 12 years ago

I didnt, how do I jumper the two connections? I will try it I know how. Also I just tested voltage across the two flipper coils when flipper button depressed in switch test mode I read 6.4 volts, right flipper same test reds 40+ volts. Does that mean anything in specific?

#21 12 years ago

Meant to say left flipper coil read 6.4v

#24 12 years ago

I just tried the grounding suggestion. I took a piece of wire and attached one end to the ground strap on the inside of the cabinet. I took the other end and touched the non banded side of the diode under the flipper coil. Nothing happened. I then tried it on the left flipper and nothing happened there either. The game was on and in play mode at the time. Both diodes look the same - not swollen or burnt.

Am I doing something wrong trying to ground the flipper coil. Maybe I misunderstood something.

#29 12 years ago

I did the voltage test, but nothing was registering on either coil for dcv. I was just about to jumper cn1 and cn2, when the flipper kicked slowly just by pushing the button. I hit it again and got a full power flip. I played 3 games without trouble. I have no idea why it just started working, but as long as it stays working I am happy. I would guess something is off with the coil, or the board itself. Thanks for all the help, especially Robert! I will let everyone know if it goes back down again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

3,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elcochino6.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-poto-flipper-stopped-working-after-moving?tu=Elcochino6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.