8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robertmee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I tried searching to see if this has been reported but didn't see it, so my apologies if this is a repeat. Also, might just be a Chrome issue, but in any case:

I use the Activity link often to check in on threads I've posted to. As a simple example, let's say thread "A" shows 5 unread (Green 5) and thread "B" shows 2 unread (Green 2). I click on Green 5 and as screen is transitioning to thread "A" I can see the Green 5 go to Grey 0...all is good. Now I hit the back browser button, and "A" still shows Grey 0...all is good. I click on Green 2 to go to thread B and I can see the Green 2 go to Grey 0. Now when I click back from B, the Green 5 is back on thread A even though there are no new posts. If I hit my browser refresh, the Green 5 goes back to Grey 0. I'm a bit OCD and I like to see all Grey 0's so I probably notice this more than others

#2 8 years ago

I'm having a similar issue on a Firefox browser. I will see 5 new posts for a specific topic and it doesn't take me to the new 5 posts, instead it takes me to a page back and to the top of that page......it was working for awhile now it's back doing the same thing again.

#3 8 years ago

yeah, on chrome it's not bringing me to the last post read

#4 8 years ago

I deleted pinside cookies and it seemed to fix the issue.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

I'm having a similar issue on a Firefox browser. I will see 5 new posts for a specific topic and it doesn't take me to the new 5 posts, instead it takes me to a page back and to the top of that page......it was working for awhile now it's back doing the same thing again.

That's a separate issue and i've seen that too....Robin explained this one in the Martian thread....Because of duplicated posts that are deleted by Moderators the pagination gets off on long threads....So you're probably seeing the problem on the Skit-B or Jpop threads.

The issue I'm trying to describe is the green animation that highlights the number of unread posts...it goes grey then back green again on subsequent use of browser back when no new posts have occurred.

#6 8 years ago

It shouldn't have anything to do with cookies. We only use cookies to store your session (wether you are logged in etc). Oh, we also use it to keep track of which sub-forums you have opened on the front page. But nothing to do with Robertmee's problem described above (as far as I know).

I think the issue has to do with browser caching, I'm gonna try and replicate the issue here and if that works I might be able to find the cause and solution.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from dkazz1:

That's a paging bug that I have just fixed... I hope

#8 8 years ago

Thanks Robin!

#9 8 years ago

I can confirm that this behavior did exist. I can no longer prove it happens (was going to make a video for Robin).

Robin, is this something that was explicitly fixed?

OP, is it still happening for you?

#10 8 years ago

Yes still happening....I had 4 unread posts from amh spooky thread and 1 unread post here...clicked on green 4 and read posts then hit back on browser...4 was now grey 0. Clicked on green 1 to read your post...clicked on browser back and spooky thread back to a green 4. Hit refresh and spooky to grey 0.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-posts-indicator-doesnt-refresh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.