(Topic ID: 4620)

New Popadiuk pin $15,995?! only 13 will be produced!

By jespo_19

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Travish
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 12 years ago

Yeah and 6 gone already!

Someone described it as CV on steroids.......if it is, it will be fricking awesome!!!!!

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Brokedad:

I've gotten some of the prototype layouts JJ and his team are playing around with for the next machine and theme (what you thought they weren't ?). I think pinball will and is making a comeback with people producing machines on a special limited quality basis.

I am so keen to have an inkling on theme for next pin

I am not getting a WOZ but if I like the next theme, I would think of starting to save now!

#10 12 years ago

Oh and just looked........12 out of the 13 are sold!!!!

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Amen! It actually makes WoZ look like a veritable bargain! It's a shame it's so much. I swear I would have considered it if it was closer to 10K. With that theme and Jpop behind the wheel, I'm certain it will be one of the best pins ever made. That's just more money than I can possibly justify spending on a pinball machine. Of course, we're all going to feel like idiots for passing on this one when they are going for $30,000 five years from now.

Too late.

They are all sold.

Wow!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for the JPOP pin....only 13, that seems like a waste of time, at least do 50 to make your gross margins a lot higher and get rewarded for all the work, holy cow, do the math, doesn't seem like a very good approach there.......

Another way of thinking is that he is a one man band and he will be building each one himself, more or less. He has to choose a number that he can deliver. No point in saying 50 and not having the capacity. If he gets these 13 built and they are awesome, I am sure someone will step in with funding so he can scale up.

Over expansion, expanding too fast, usually ends in trouble. I would rather see 13 great pins with the potential for more at lower prices than promising the world and then not delivering.

As long as he breaks even, he can watch his company expand. Lets hope they are great pins

#30 12 years ago

There are already people trying to buy them off the 13 but Jpop is not having it!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-popadiuk-pin-15995-only-13-will-be-produced?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.