10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Fixie
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Hey New Englanders! And hail ye visitors to New England!

I just found out about this, but evidently there will be a new arcade at 407 Bridge St., Weymouth, MA. Looks like mostly EM machines (excellent) with a few solid state games thrown in (presumably for populist appeal). Not many details yet, but they seem to be set to open on February 15th.

Details here: http://pinballsoul.com/pop-bumpers-pinball-to-open-in-weymouth-ma/

And facebook page (no website yet, or so it seems): https://www.facebook.com/popbumperspinball

(EDIT: changed tentative opening date to Feb. 15th)

#2 10 years ago

Pop Bumpers Pinball and a game list has been posted in the "Where to play pinball" section of Pinside.

Opening day (pending permitting and licensing) is February 15th. Look for an upcoming podcast interview on PinballSoul.com

#3 10 years ago

Hey AtlanticPinball, this is awesome news! The titles in the game list are incredible. EM Sinbad, seriously!?

Is it your place? My wife and I are super excited about it. We won't be able to make it there opening day, but very soon after.

#4 10 years ago

The Pinball Soul episode with the Pop Bumpers Pinball interviews is up. It's here:
    http://pinballsoul.com/pinball-soul-podcast-24-pop-bumpers-pinball-interview/

I hope I'm not ruining the surprise by posting the list of games they plan to open with in 12 days. The interviews are worth checking out regardless. Liz went through the game list kind of quickly. I had to listen a couple times to compile this list, so I figure I might save somebody some time.

Mata Hari (solid state?)
    Star Trek
    8 Ball
    Sinbad (EM)
    Space Mission
    Target Pool
    Jungle King
    Pat Hand
    Soccer
    Granada

Looking forward to checking this place out in March.

Besides the game list, one thing I found interesting is that they have to pay an amusement license fee on each game every year even if they aren't set up on coin play. I guess this varies town to town, but I know other spots charge by the hour to avoid this kind of fee.

#5 10 years ago

Pop Bumpers Pinball is my wife's business. I'm supplying the games (for the time being) and the maintenance.

Under Massachusetts General Law, if an Automatic Amusement Device (pinball machine, etc.) is placed on location for the purposes of generating revenue (either through the coinbox or other means), a license is required for the game to legally be in place. However, the town has the ability to set the price of the license, and in Weymouth it is $100 per game per year.

It's not all bad though, I put games in at a charity fund raiser one day. The games were set up to take quarters at the football field at Weymouth High School. Even though the games were set up to collect money and the license was required, they provided it free of charge for the event.

The licenses are not required for games which you have in your home, unless you're using your game room to make money and your neighbors complain.

Hey, guys. Please spread the word! Like Pop Bumpers Pinball on Facebook and follow on Twitter!

5 months later
    #6 9 years ago

Just discovered the existence of this place on Pinside today. Coincidentally they have a tournament today ! Check it out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pop-bumpers-pinball-arcade-in-weymouth-ma and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.