IMG_0426.jpg
20140427_001705.jpg
20140426_232812.jpg
20140426_232752.jpg
britemods web photo.jpg
Pop cap 4.JPG
Pop cap 3.JPG
Pop cap 2.JPG
There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

A single bulb or LED in a Pop Bumper does not do a very good job of illumination. For those of us who like a high-tech look, check out these new LED Pop Bumper Caps. These illuminate the entire cap from the center, top outer perimeter, and bottom underside perimeter with a total of 31 SMD-LEDs. There's an adjustment feature on underside of the cap to suit brightness preference. It produces very little heat; helps prevent cap damage over time. Just plug in to the wedge lamp socket of the pop bumper and screw down the cap. Available in a selection of colors, these are compatible with any Bally-Williams, Stern, Data East, or Sega pop bumper that uses the standard body (03-7443-5) and a #555 lamp. Simply remove your current pop bumper cap and pop bumper light bulb and replace them with this kit. Enclosed are some pictures in Funhouse, a comparison of a regular bulb with blue cap vs. LED cap in blue, and an example of color selection (additional colors available).

* These are now available via the good folks at Pinball Life Company. Here is their link:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

Please PM me with any questions if you are interested! Photo Feb 17, 10 16 13 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 17, 10 16 13 AM.jpgPhoto Feb 01, 1 33 11 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 01, 1 33 11 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 01, 4 07 04 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 01, 4 07 04 PM.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Those are really cool, but not new, right? Doesn't pinball center eu sell those? Either way, glad to see a vendor selling these on this side of the pond, helps with shipping massively!

#3 10 years ago

Oy, there's a fine line, and you probably cross it with this... Maybe point the leds DOWNWARDS, and half the amount?

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oy, there's a fine line, and you probably cross it with this... Maybe point the leds DOWNWARDS, and half the amount?

They are not that annoyingly bright and no line was crossed. Plenty of local people here have them on games I've seen, they look great.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

They are not that annoyingly bright and no line was crossed. Plenty of local people here have them on games I've seen, they look great.

Okay, so if they're the same thing as the ones on Pinballcenter, then...okay..

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/noflix-led-ufo-cold-white-p-2557.html?language=english

Description says the brightness is adjustable. 'scuse me I missed that in the OP's description. Bad mistake, human.

#6 10 years ago

terry has them-
www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3336

#7 10 years ago

Only for #555 socket huh? I have the #44 bayonet socket so will you make any for us who don't have #555 in the pops? I really like them. Also put in those things Dennis Nordman made that cover up the socket and wires in the pop housing, think they're called "thingy's", not sure, but Terry stocks them I believe.

#8 10 years ago

As I mentioned in the T2 thread where Calico first mentioned these..

I would combine that with the Nordman's Sparkly Pop Bumper Enhancement Thingy

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3069

Here they (the sparkly things) are being used in my T2... It would hide the 555 wire and cover up the white inside of the pop body.

DSC01158.JPGDSC01158.JPG

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

single bulb or LED in a Pop Bumper does not do a very good job of illumination.

I agree with that, big time! PM me to let me know if you all can make them for #44 bayonet.

#10 10 years ago

I'm tempted to put the teal ones in Scared Stiff.

#11 10 years ago

For now these are available in 555 wedge connection. We may offer 44 sockets in the future, depending on response.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, so if they're the same thing as the ones on Pinballcenter, then...okay..
http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/noflix-led-ufo-cold-white-p-2557.html?language=english
Description says the brightness is adjustable. 'scuse me I missed that in the OP's description. Bad mistake, human.

I'm just saying they look identical. Ones I was putting in a while back had no brightness adjustments, but looked identical and not too bright at all

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

As I mentioned in the T2 thread where Calico first mentioned these..
I would combine that with the Nordman's Sparkly Pop Bumper Enhancement Thingy
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3069
Here they (the sparkly things) are being used in my T2... It would hide the 555 wire and cover up the white inside of the pop body.

Pinball Life says that you would not use the Thingy with the pop bumper cap led mod.

DSC01158.JPG 176 KB

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Pinball Life says that you would not use the Thingy with the pop bumper cap led mod.

I would. I see no reason there would be any interference and if so a small notch for the wires would fix that.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

No way would I want to lose the domes on my Scared Stiff pops! That's part of what makes the Monster's Lab light show visible to the player.

#16 10 years ago

I'd want the outer ring to be a flasher and go off only when the pop fires while leaving the one LED in the center as a GI light.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I looked at that idea but I think the lamps in Scared Stiff pop bumpers are actually flashers, not standard 6.3V GI lamps or 6.3V controlled lamps. So please be careful as the LED CAPS are only for 6.3 volts.

#18 10 years ago

The LEDs are adjustable in brightness.
There are LEDs that shine up (20) and there are LEDs that shine down (10).
You can use Nordman's thingy, but you do not have to. I do recommend using them if you are putting these in a Stern game as this will center the bulb.
This *kit* includes the pop bumper cap, so there is no need to glue the ring onto your old cap. Simply replace your old #555 bulb and cap with the new ones in this kit.
A #44 lamp *hook up* in the center is certainly a possibility and this will be looked into in a timely manner.
Terry.
Pinball Life

#19 10 years ago

Nice. I just wish the green was more neon green than teal green. Or just add that green to the line up.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

The LEDs are adjustable in brightness.
There are LEDs that shine up (20) and there are LEDs that shine down (10).
You can use Nordman's thingy, but you do not have to. I do recommend using them if you are putting these in a Stern game as this will center the bulb.
This *kit* includes the pop bumper cap, so there is no need to glue the ring onto your old cap. Simply replace your old #555 bulb and cap with the new ones in this kit.
A #44 lamp *hook up* in the center is certainly a possibility and this will be looked into in a timely manner.
Terry.
Pinball Life

Terry,do you recommend Normans thingy with data east? Thinking GNR.

#21 10 years ago

It would also be cool to sell this without the pop cap so that we could add them to the trim rings on Classic Ballys...

#22 10 years ago

These look pretty cool. Any discount for a quantity? I woudl like to drop these in my TAF but pretty pricey upgrade for 5 pops.

Also, what is the total power draw from these? Are 5 of them going to create any issues?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

These look pretty cool. Any discount for a quantity? I woudl like to drop these in my TAF but pretty pricey upgrade for 5 pops.
Also, what is the total power draw from these? Are 5 of them going to create any issues?

You would only be able to use 4 of these caps on TAF as one of the caps (clear) has a cut in the cap for clearance.

#24 10 years ago

crap! good call

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No way would I want to lose the domes on my Scared Stiff pops! That's part of what makes the Monster's Lab light show visible to the player.

I had a NOS set of those caps sitting on the shelf, they also look good on TRON.

Tron1 002.jpgTron1 002.jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same goes for the caps on EATPM.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Same goes for the caps on EATPM.

I don't actually own any games with the right kinds of caps for these now that I think about it. EATPM has the domes, SS has the mini domes, Shadow has no pops, and Star Trek uses the new Stern style caps.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't actually own any games with the right kinds of caps for these now that I think about it. EATPM has the domes, SS has the mini domes, Shadow has no pops, and Star Trek uses the new Stern style caps.

Yeah and those domes look GREAT with Comet red "Crystal Fan" bulbs.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah and those domes look GREAT with Comet red "Crystal Fan" bulbs.

Oh, nice call, have to try that.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh, nice call, have to try that.

Yeah they REALLY look sweet under those caps.

#31 10 years ago

Received my order of LED caps today, 24 in total. If you are on the fence about ordering these, don't be. They are very high quality and really enhance the look of the game, especially the games with flashing pop bumpers, such as Twilight Zone. My gosh these things are bright, which is the way I like them. For those that prefer a little dimmer look, they are easily adjustable with a small Phillips screwdriver. As mentioned in the instructions, just be careful of the wires and make sure they don't get pinched by the cap. I didn't order any "thingys" at this time but may rethink that decision as you can see the wiring through the cap, especially with the clear. All in all, this is a great addition to the game.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'd want the outer ring to be a flasher and go off only when the pop fires while leaving the one LED in the center as a GI light.

Ya, how about this? Kind of a neat feature...

#34 10 years ago

Mine just came .hard to get a pic of them all lit up at the same time .

20140222_191117_12602.jpg20140222_191117_12602.jpg
#35 10 years ago

I would like to put some on my TAF but that would be 5 more. how about a volume discount?

#36 10 years ago

A word about TAF. I am told it has one pop bumper cap that is special because it is "sawed off" on one side. These pop bumper LEDs cannot be sawed off - they will not work. If you can figure out how to make it fit, let me know but you should be careful before ordering. I assume it would not look right to have LED pop bumpers on all but the sawed off one.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from redmamanora:

Received my order of LED caps today, 24 in total. If you are on the fence about ordering these, don't be. They are very high quality and really enhance the look of the game, especially the games with flashing pop bumpers, such as Twilight Zone. My gosh these things are bright, which is the way I like them. For those that prefer a little dimmer look, they are easily adjustable with a small Phillips screwdriver. As mentioned in the instructions, just be careful of the wires and make sure they don't get pinched by the cap. I didn't order any "thingys" at this time but may rethink that decision as you can see the wiring through the cap, especially with the clear. All in all, this is a great addition to the game.

Thanks for your feedback and also the large order! In my opinion they actually look better with the brightness adjusted down, since there are so many LEDs in there. But it depends a little on the color of cap.

#38 10 years ago

Installed in my Cyclone. Fantastic product!

1641.jpg1641.jpg
#39 10 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

A word about TAF. I am told it has one pop bumper cap that is special because it is "sawed off" on one side. These pop bumper LEDs cannot be sawed off - they will not work. If you can figure out how to make it fit, let me know but you should be careful before ordering. I assume it would not look right to have LED pop bumpers on all but the sawed off one.

I installed all 5 led caps on TAF, including the sawed off clear cap. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the reason for that particular cap being sawed off. The ball easily rolls beneath the cap with room to spare. That cap is right at the ramp exit but that shouldn't present any issue to the flight of the ball. I'm sure the factory had a reason for cutting the cap, but I just don't see it at this time.

#40 10 years ago

I really like the red white and blue on cyclone...really nice looking.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

would like to know if the added power draw is going to potentitally cause other issues or stresses ina game.

#43 10 years ago

Theyre gone! WTH!

#44 10 years ago

"The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

My guess, the sold out and will get more.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Toddzilla:

Installed in my Cyclone. Fantastic product!

1641.jpg 79 KB

Good lord, lol, does that thing have any other GI in it? Guessing maybe it was turned off as the backglass light isn't on either?

One thing I'm noticing from your picture that's pretty smart is these aren't color matched to the caps. So the playfield doesn't end up all kinds of fruity colors. I might have to give these a shot next time I have a game that's really dark in a pops area and just turn the top off or as low as possible.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

"The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."
My guess, the sold out and will get more.

I emailed Terrry a little while ago asking. Will post the response here~SpOoKy

#47 10 years ago

Terry responded that demand was much greater then anticipated so he is out until mid-march.~SpOoKy

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Good lord, lol, does that thing have any other GI in it? Guessing maybe it was turned off as the backglass light isn't on either?
One thing I'm noticing from your picture that's pretty smart is these aren't color matched to the caps. So the playfield doesn't end up all kinds of fruity colors. I might have to give these a shot next time I have a game that's really dark in a pops area and just turn the top off or as low as possible.

I had it on all lamps in test mode.

1644.jpg1644.jpg
#49 10 years ago

that is a gorgeous cyclone. wow.

#50 10 years ago

Those things are dope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 342 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pop-bumper-led-caps-on-the-market and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.