Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Camvr2013
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2161 (resized).JPG
    DavidCopperfieldakaTheatreofmagic (resized).JPG
    Copperfieldcabartwork (resized).JPG
    wchp_logo (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

Hey Pinside!

I am super excited because today I get to share my passion project with you!

Welcome to the 'What Could Have Pin' megathread! A hypothetical pinball podcast hosted by pinball enthusiast and yours truly, Cam McMillion. Each episode, we will explore a franchise that should have had a pinball machine made, but never got the chance to see the light of day. We will discuss everything from cabinet art and playfield layout to callouts that would have appeared in the game.

And here's my favorite part, YOU will get to discuss here on Pinside and on Facebook(but let's be serious, probably mostly on Pinside ) what you liked or didn't like about the design and your own thoughts on what cool features a game might have had! This will transform the podcasting experience from the traditional one-to-many model, and instead get everyone involved in the creative process!

So please, give it a listen, a like and a review! Episodes will be up every other Thursday and, with your help, it will continue to get better and better! And of course, let's hear your thoughts in the comments below for our first ever episode, HARRY POTTER PINBALL MACHINE!

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/what-could-have-pin/id1420494485?mt=2
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WhatCouldHavePin
    Blog: https://whatcouldhavepin.blogspot.com/

Much Love!
    -Cam

wchp_logo (resized).pngwchp_logo (resized).png
    #2 5 years ago

Awesome idea/concept, will definitely give this a listen later, looking forward to see that themes/licences you cover, there are a few licences I know are unlikely to ever get made that I’d love to see, so it will be interesting to see what themes you discuss in the future.

#3 5 years ago

I don't have concrete evidence of this, but I heard a rumor that Tony Hawk Pro Skater was supposed to happen in the year 2000 but Bally/Williams closed its doors. Supposedly they had an agreement in place that every 10 years was going to be a new skateboarding game. (1980 was Skateball, 1990 was Radical, 2000 would have been Tony Hawk). But that could also be entirely BS since I can't find any documentation to back it up.

#4 5 years ago

And theatre of magic was to be David Copperfield, i have the cabinet Art

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

will definitely give this a listen later

Thanks J85M, let me know what you think!

Quoted from mkecasey:

I don't have concrete evidence of this, but I heard a rumor that Tony Hawk Pro Skater was supposed to happen in the year 2000 but Bally/Williams closed its doors.

This is some awesome pinball folklore! I wonder how the game would be received today if it had been made. My guess would be similar to Rollercoaster Tycoon, which is no longer really a relevant IP. People seem to enjoy the game, but the theme isn't one most people are on the hunt for.

Quoted from Ballypinball:

I've heard this one! Apparently part of the reason the character on the backglass has very masculine features. Would love to see the cabinet art!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

And Gottlieb Gladiators was originally designed to be “The Legend of Zelda” but they couldn’t secure the rights with Nintendo.

#8 5 years ago

Thanks so much!!!

Quoted from arcademojo:

And Gottlieb Gladiators was originally designed to be “The Legend of Zelda” but they couldn’t secure the rights with Nintendo.

Yea I've always wanted to see someone convert a Gladiator into the original Zelda design!

#9 5 years ago

Pinball2000 title number 4 was going to be a haunted house theme titled Dreadmoor Manor but Neil NiCastro at Williams said sex sells better and it got vetoed to Playboy.

Quoted from Camvr2013:

I've heard this one! Apparently part of the reason the character on the backglass has very masculine features. Would love to see the cabinet art!

They needed to do a spell check on the cabinet text as well.

Early playfield design had a functional motorised saw that was intended to raise and lower.

As above it eventually morphed into ToM.

Copperfieldcabartwork (resized).JPGCopperfieldcabartwork (resized).JPG

DavidCopperfieldakaTheatreofmagic (resized).JPGDavidCopperfieldakaTheatreofmagic (resized).JPG

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

They needed to do a spell check on the cabinet text as well.

Early playfield design had a functional motorised saw that was intended to raise and lower.

As above it eventually morphed into ToM.

As someone whose second hobby is Magic, this is an awesome thing to see! Thanks for sharing!

Also, we need more haunted house/horror themed games. So much potential. I will be doing special episodes for the month of October that specifically deal with these themes. The 2 that I have picked already are pretty ripe with opportunity!

#11 5 years ago

"Grandma, why are your printouts so big?!"

"All the better to visualize my ideas with deary! Also, grandma don't see too good!"

Episode 2 of What Could Have Pin will be dropping this week! Now with even more visuals!

IMG_2161 (resized).JPGIMG_2161 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-what-could-have-pin-megathread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.